Constantly hungry - what should I eat? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 07-04-2013, 11:38 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hey lovely mumma's, I am almost 27 weeks pregnant with my third blessing and I'm hungry not just a little but pretty much constantly. I have already gained a significant amount of weight, praise god I have the height to carry a bit extra. But wondering if I need to completely overhaul my diet to inhibit feeling so hungry, I crave sweet things a lot, which I'd like to cut down on, but wondering if I should avoid carbs as much as possible and go with eating nuts for protein to try and curb this insane hunger I'm feeling?
Any advice???
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 5 Old 07-05-2013, 02:45 AM

Sprouted bread is great for carb cravings because its a lot like regular bread but without the blood sugar spiking or other health issues.

I ate almond butter with raw honey on sprouted bread as a snack while pregnant with DD and it was awesome--satisfied my sweet tooth with the raw honey, I got high quality protein that left me feeling full for awhile and the bread satisfied my carb craving. Its a very healthy snack as well.

You might also want to try protein shakes to help with feeling full. Also, try not to stress too much. I gained around 55 lbs with my daughter and it all came off within 4 months, mostly from breastfeeding. I've heard many similar stories.
#3 of 5 Old 07-05-2013, 05:01 AM

I agree with PM. Also, are you staying hydrated throughout the day? Sometimes thirst and hunger can feel similar. I like protein shakes or a glass of milk (w/ fat) on my really hungry days.

My wife (30) and I (32) have been legally married since 2006. We are proud queer mamas to baby W, born 10/10/2013.
#4 of 5 Old 07-10-2013, 08:18 AM

I think i am starving all the time now too. I have been making sure to drink tons of water but still i'm hungry. I have been using veggies dipped in hummus or home made black bean "dip" to tide me over between meals. I have noticed that the more protein i eat, the longer I stay feeling full.

#5 of 5 Old 07-10-2013, 09:49 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)

Hey Danielle!! I am wondering if you're lacking protein as well. I am vegetarian and I know when I start craving sweets it is usually my body's indicator that I need more protein. That said, I have craved fruit, especially berries, like mad this entire pregnancy thus far. While often hard to do, unless your healthcare provider has said otherwise, I think I'd worry less about weight gain and focus more on eating more protein rich snacks and meals. Obviously this is not the time to deprive yourself. You are in another big growth spurt right now and it is perfectly normal to be hungry, very hungry, very often.

Mama to Little Bean and Baby Bean partner to My Love and loving caretaker to cat.gif dog2.gif and chicken3.gif 

I am a treehugger.gif Mama whocd.gif femalesling.GIFwinner.jpgfamilybed1.gif

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page