Wi-Fi & Pregnancy - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 07-05-2013, 12:31 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I was wondering if anyone knows if it's safe to stay in a hotel/motel with Wi-Fi routers/connections/availability.  My OB appt. is a ways off and my husband wants to take a short vacay.  Every single hotel/motel/B&B has Wi-Fi.  The last time I experienced an early pregnancy loss was when we were staying in a hotel with Wi-Fi connections everywhere so now I'm nervous about being around it.  Not sure if it had anything to do with it, but some of the research coming out about children/pregnant women being at risk is pretty concerning. 

#2 of 6 Old 07-05-2013, 12:40 PM

Quoted: 18 Post(s)

I think a lot of us live in houses with wifi, and work in offices with it - a motel room wouldn't phase me, because my exposure is so constant in my daily life.

I haven't seen the research you're looking at, but this is not on the radar as far as worries for me.

#3 of 6 Old 07-05-2013, 01:07 PM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)

Sorry for your loss. My last baby was a rainbow baby after a late first trimester loss of the baby before her and it was a really stressful pregnancy because I was always worried about her.

I did think about the wifi in my house a little bit, but it is pretty much everywhere now, so not sure you could entirely avoid it anyway. They have it at the ob's, in l&d, pretty much every restaurant, the library, some stores, etc..

#4 of 6 Old 07-05-2013, 01:09 PM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
#5 of 6 Old 07-05-2013, 02:29 PM - Thread Starter

Thank you, Fruitful momma & Meepcat.  I'm sorry for your loss, fruitful mama, that had to be awful, but I'm glad that everything is fine for you now!  Yes, it's always in the back of my mind and I want to be able to do everything I can with the things I can control and I thought that included Wi-Fi exposure.  You're right about Wi-Fi though.  I didn't really think of all of the places it already is, but I guess you're right.  We're living in a sea of these waves.  I'll have to look into that blanket.  Thanks :)

#6 of 6 Old 07-05-2013, 03:42 PM

Everyone living in a city apartment right now has at least 15 Wi-Fi signals around them at any time. We are doing just fine. I think your loss might have been a coincidence, but I don't blame your for trying to find a cause.

Writing about life-long learning and discovery at: www.neoapprentice.com 

:: A neo-apprentice knows there are no true masters. 

25yo FTM to a Wiggle Panda diaper.gif, student teacher read.gif, newlywed love.gif 

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page