Adding # 4 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 07-06-2013, 12:34 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Well, I didn't think I'd be back here.  DH was supposed to be getting a vasectomy and put it off and put it off ...So here I am eating my words about how done we are :p  My oldest is 5 then 3.5 and 2.  Anyone BTDT,  I could use some encouragement

><> Mom to superhero.gif (6) hearts.gif (4) energy.gif (2) and baby.gif (born March!)
#2 of 5 Old 07-07-2013, 04:52 PM

I can't say I have, but I just wanted to say congratulations. I imagine it is very over whelming, but I read something recently that said 3 kids is the hardest number (statistically speaking), so moving up to 4 is a good thing (I guess, haha). 

#3 of 5 Old 07-07-2013, 07:35 PM

My kids ages were a little more spaced out than yours (8, 6, 2) when I had my 4th, but I have to say, going from 3-4 was the easiest transition when it came to having kids.  1-2 was the hardest for me (really, really hard), 2-3 wasn't too difficult, but again, 3-4 was by far the easiest, and now I'm 10 weeks out from #5.

The best advice I can give you would be not to take on any new responsibilities outside of your home, don't feel badly for bowing out of responsibilities outside of the home if you need to, and don't feel guilty if it stays that way for a while.  I gave myself a wide berth for taking on commitments after #4 was born, and was actually surprised at how soon after he was born life returned to relative normal and things settled down and found a new rhythm-but it was so nice not feeling like I HAD TO get back to everything. In some ways I think allowing myself that space took the stress out of it and I was able to relax and transition easier.

Good luck and Congratulations!!!

jamie. crinkly (not quite crunchy) mama to 3 amazing little girls, an awesome little boy, and a baby girl making her debut at the end of this summer.

#4 of 5 Old 07-07-2013, 09:22 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)

Congrats! I won't go into too many details, don't want to give you nightmares duck.gifbut adding the fourth for me was, well, words escape me of just how difficult it was. He turns 2 this month and I'm still waiting for it to get better but I was "blessed" with an insanely difficult fourth child after several other high needs children. He was born screaming, and hasn't stopped yet! 

2 to 3 was the only transition of mine that was easy. #4 for us was also not exactly on purpose. I'd second what the pp suggested and don't be afraid to ask for help or just say no to other things. I am still bowing out of things with the baby as my excuse but people usually understand once they witness him in all his glory. wink1.gif

There is no way to happiness, happiness is the way.
#5 of 5 Old 07-08-2013, 10:50 AM - Thread Starter

Thank you freckledmama, I've always hibernated a few months with all three babies. I usually don't return to church until at least three months, but DH takes the big kids so I can have peaceful baby time. Some hardcore moms I've seen them back the next week! My parents are only 30 min away, but my mom drives up and brings us fresh Amish milk and eggs that we usually drive down there for.
Oh Peony! There's a silver lining, right?! : p That is how my MIL describes DHs babyhood and he is still high maintenance hehe

><> Mom to superhero.gif (6) hearts.gif (4) energy.gif (2) and baby.gif (born March!)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page