I'm...stunned. - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 07-08-2013, 09:14 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I just got a positive pregnancy test.

Oldbies may recognize my username.  My youngest (twins) are 10, my oldest is 11 1/2.  I graduated in June from my massage therapy program, and signed a lease last week on a perfect office to set up my practice.  To say I am stunned would be an understatement.

I'm okay and can make it work.  Though I have had a few miscarriages so it's hard for me to get too attached to the idea just yet.  Still...wow.

So this time around, assuming everything stays put, I'll be amongst the older moms (in my circle I was one of the youngest, with the first 3).  I'll be a few months shy of my 40th birthday when this baby comes.

MyKittysMew likes this.
#2 of 5 Old 07-08-2013, 10:05 PM

Mentioned: 90 Post(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)

That is so wonderful!!!!! Many congrats and I think older moms rock!!! 40 is the new 30 right?

#3 of 5 Old 07-08-2013, 10:07 PM

Oh wow!  CONGRATULATIONS!  Wishing you a happy & healthy pregnancy!

#4 of 5 Old 07-09-2013, 02:35 AM

Congratulations! And good luck, from one "older mum" to another. Sheepish.gif I'm 41, I have two DD's, the eldest is 15 and the younger is 3, and I'm 12 weeks pregnant with #3. (EDD is January 24th, so I'm in the January DDC.) I've always had seriously irregular periods, and it was amazing that I had a child at all. So suddenly having another 2 in fairly quick succession has been a huge & wonderful surprise. 

The downside of course is that right through my last pregnancy my MIL was harping on about risks of carrying a child "later in life" (I was 37 when she was born) and she's already started on this one. *sigh* Add to that I have disabilities and deal with people making judgmental remarks about that too, and I am really feeling in need of some sisterly support right now. I have been hoping to find some mamas in similar positions to share this experience with. 

I wish you the best of pregnancy and birth experiences and hope to be able to see this through with all of you. grouphug.gif

#5 of 5 Old 07-10-2013, 10:11 AM

I hear you Tigerchild. I was the first of all our friends to have a baby at 24. I have always been the youngest mom. I will be having this baby at 37. Besides being worried about mc and other things older moms are pressured into worrying about, I cannot believe I will have a kid in high school and a baby. I have been moving forward well at work, which is already very flexible about parenting, and just can't imagine working with a baby, but don't see how we'll afford that. We were just getting pretty stable financially. This is my husband's first and he is very excited. He really wanted this and I was on the fence for awhile and then I hit the now or never place. I saw a horoscope that said "Sometimes you have to go back before you can go forward." and it sank it that I wanted this too. It is going to be crazy to be at parent meetings with a kid in college and a kid in kindergarten!
MyKittysMew likes this.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page