vaginal dryness during 2nd trimester? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 07-22-2013, 11:22 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Not sure if this is even a good place to ask this, but I thought I would try.
Up until two days ago I have been the opposite of dry, but the last two days I have had much less moisture in that area. my midwife isn't concerned because that's my only symptom, but this is my first pregnancy and I am just trying to get some reassurance that someone else has encountered this. Thanks so much in advance!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-26-2013, 08:38 PM
Administrator

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 113 Post(s)

Welcome to Mothering!

It could be a hormonal side effect. I'd not worry unless it is causing discomfort and in that case, perhaps a topical lubricant as needed. 

Be sure to join your Due Date Club where moms due the same month chat together to share pregnancy and birth experiences and support one another. You'll find it here: http://www.mothering.com/community/groups

Old 07-26-2013, 08:42 PM

If your midwife isn't concerned, I wouldn't worry. Are you uncomfortable? If you are, I would suggest rubbing some coconut oil on the area. And I don't know if you experience dryness during sex, but if you do coconut oil can help with that too.

Old 07-30-2013, 11:07 AM

Hormones, diet, hygiene, etc can all affect vaginal moisture. If you are dry to the point of inflammation, you can try some hydrocortisone externally around the labia to provide relief. I had to do this occassionally. Also be careful of using soaps on your vagina while showering, they can really disrupt your ph levels. A thorough rinse is plenty to keep yourself clean, you don't need suds down there.

My wife (30) and I (32) have been legally married since 2006. We are proud queer mamas to baby W, born 10/10/2013.
Old 07-31-2013, 12:11 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks so much! It actually went back to normal in about 2 1/2 days. But it scared me. It was to the point of painful, just not "wet" like it had been.

User Tag List