What are normal third tri symptoms?? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 07-24-2013, 06:05 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I'm almost 28 weeks and I feel lousy most of the time. I can't remember if this is how it's supposed to be or if I should speak with my doc or midwife. Maybe some of you ladies can help. :-)

The last month of my second tri was hell due to me throwing my back out so maybe that has something to do with how I feel now, maybe I'm still recovering. Anyway, I feel exhausted all the time and have to rest a lot. I am nauseous a lot as well, and have headaches more than I like. My ankles get a little swollen occasionally and sometimes I think my face is a little swollen (eye lids mostly). I just generally have no energy and I have lots of Braxton hicks daily which really knocks the wind out of me. I'm also CRAZY hungry all the time which is hard because I'm really trying not to put on too much weight...

Is this all just par for the course this far along? My blood pressure was last taken a couple weeks ago and it was fine. I have Gestational Diabetes and it seems well controlled at the moment. Baby kicks, like, NON-STOP it seems LOL. My husband calls him "Pele" LOL.

Interested to hear what you ladies have to say. Thanks in advance!!

Wife to one amazing husband superhero.gif, SAHM to DS bouncy.gif 10/09, DS babyboy.gif 10/19,  one furbaby dog2.gif, and lots of chicken3.gif!

joy.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-24-2013, 06:19 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Still early 14 weeks mostly tired!!! Sorry!!!
Old 07-24-2013, 10:45 PM - Thread Starter

I also wanted to add that I get dizzy sometimes, especially in the heat.

Wife to one amazing husband superhero.gif, SAHM to DS bouncy.gif 10/09, DS babyboy.gif 10/19,  one furbaby dog2.gif, and lots of chicken3.gif!

joy.gif

Old 07-25-2013, 12:59 AM

That sounds pretty normal to me. I read somewhere that theres a growth spurt around the week you're in right now, so you've probably been feeling that lately. I remember the ravenous hunger starting around 25 weeks, feeling more uncomfortable around that time, too, and having less energy. I also would get dizzy in the heat, i even came very close to passing out when i was about 13 weeks along because i had been standing in the heat too long. I had headaches, too, but not much nausea after the first trimester, thankfully. I would take it easy if i were you and eat several small meals that has protein throughout the day. I know how easy it is to feel bad for not wanting to move much and feeling unproductive, but you're doing a lot right now, growing a baby is no small feat. I gained 55 pounds while pregnant and it miraculously all came off within 4 months mostly due to breastfeeding. A lot of women experience similar weight loss after birth.
Old 07-25-2013, 03:42 AM

i'm a mother of 4 so i'm have pretty good experience specially during every 3rd trimester.  i usually take 2 doses of iron supplement as per my OB because i get ridiculously get tired and exhausted all the time.  i feel that i'm on my 1st trimester again and worst.  :(

Old 07-25-2013, 05:15 AM

I'm currently in the second trimester of my sixth pregnancy, and most of what you are describing sounds like a familiar third trimester to me. How are you sleeping? I am never able to get any sleep in the third trimester because of heartburn. That and carrying around a baby and placenta and everything all the time, not to mention all the work my body is doing to grow a baby - yeah, the last few months are exhausting.

I also get swelling and dizziness, and those are normal, but they could also be signs of pre-eclampsia. Checking your blood pressure wouldn't hurt, as long as you don't stress yourself out worrying about it.

Get plenty of rest, drink lots of water, and eat frequent small meals that are high in protein and iron. Eating big meals can make you feel worse because of your stomach being all squished. Some B12 might help, too. Get outside for some sunshine when you can, but don't feel guilty if you're just too tired.

If your nausea is caused by heartburn, and Tums aren't cutting it, talk to your care provider about a once daily pill. If it's not heartburn, you could also try Unisom, which is totally safe in pregnancy, and was THE miracle morning sickness drug in my first trimester this time around.

Hugs, and good luck!

Michelle, wife to DH, and momma to DD16, DS15, DS12, DS10, DD9, DD7, DS5, and baby girl born Christmas Eve 2013!
Old 07-25-2013, 08:45 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

I am 36 weeks and feel like I am falling apart! I have had sciatic pain, leg cramps, and I get tired very easily. So I think most of what you are experiencing is normal. Heartburn could be causing the nausea and is also pretty normal in the third tri. The only thing I might be concerned about is the facial swelling as that can be a sign of pre-e.  But it could also be nothing so don't stress too much, just tell your care provider about it and see what he or she thinks.

I second the iron, Floradix is great and has lots of B12 in it which also helps fatigue.

Granola-ey, crunchy, marathoning, natural living Christian mamatreehugger.gif down south with DHguitar.gif and DD1 (6)dust.gif, DD2 (2)energy.gif, and DD3 babygirl.gif.    homebirth.jpgwinner.jpgcd.giffemalesling.GIFgoorganic.jpghomeschool.gif
Old 07-25-2013, 09:14 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks so much ladies! On my worst days I get a craving for red meat. Once I eat it I pep up a lot, so part of the feeling blah may be the need for iron. I had a bit of face swelling in the first tri and my mom freaked me out about it (she's good at that LOL) but it turned out to be nothing. I just feel like there's something to worry about at every turn!! It does make sense that the nausea is from heartburn. I was thinking I wasn't having any heartburn this time around but it may be manifesting as nausea. Honestly, I prefer the nausea!!

joy.gif

Old 07-25-2013, 02:37 PM

Floradix is great and so is liquid chlorophyll (it doesnt have iron but it has other vitamins and minerals that help with building blood supply and other wonderful things). This thread is great: http://www.mothering.com/community/t/1225936/difference-between-liquid-chlorophyll-floradix

I took it during my 2nd and 3rd trimesters and i feel like it helped with my energy levels and having an easier recovery from the blood loss after birth (i also didnt bleed too much, which they say chlorophyll also helps with).
Old 07-25-2013, 03:08 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrimordialMind View Post

Floradix is great and so is liquid chlorophyll (it doesnt have iron but it has other vitamins and minerals that help with building blood supply and other wonderful things). This thread is great: http://www.mothering.com/community/t/1225936/difference-between-liquid-chlorophyll-floradix

I took it during my 2nd and 3rd trimesters and i feel like it helped with my energy levels and having an easier recovery from the blood loss after birth (i also didnt bleed too much, which they say chlorophyll also helps with).

Thanks! I am going to try the chlorophyll for sure. Will get some tomorrow!!

joy.gif

User Tag List