Mom's who had a baby early then carried their next full term - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 07-25-2013, 01:26 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi Mamas,

I had my DD at 34w and am 25w along with baby #2. My first pregnancy was the most normal, uncomplicated, uneventful pregnancy I could've asked for - except that I spontaneously went into labour at 34 weeks. I was able to have a natural birth and my DD only had to spend one week in the NICU (her APGARs were 9 and 9 - so very healthy, just small at 4 lbs. 12 oz).

I'd like to hear if there are any other mom's out there who had a baby early like I did then went on to carry their next full term. My midwife is not concerned that I will go into labour early again - but I seem to be hyper-paranoid about every twinge my body makes now wondering if it's early labour.

I could just use some positive stories to help ease my mind and know that it is possible and likely that I will carry this baby full term. I really don't want to have another baby in the NICU at all.

Thanks!

#2 of 6 Old 07-25-2013, 06:42 PM

A friend of mine had early labor and was put on bed rest in the hospital (they stopped the labor) until 34 weeks with her first pregnancy. At that point they sent her home for more bed rest. She then went into labor and had her baby the next day. She did go on to have a second pregnancy that carried to 40 weeks, but it was very carefully managed! They gave her progesterone injections and I don't know exactly what else, and was put on bed rest again. But, bottom line, she made it to 40!!

Mama to angel1.gif angel1.gif angel1.gif angel1.gifangel1.gif

DS1 (6) jog.gif , DS2 (3)sleepytime.gifbaby.gif DD is here!

#3 of 6 Old 07-25-2013, 07:12 PM

My 1st was born at 36 wks. My 2nd was either 6 days or 1 day early. Also, with my 2nd I was dialated to a 3 at 35 wks so my midwife thought I'd go early again. Haha, I was dialated to a 5 for 4 days before he was born. My 3rd I carried to 39 wks and was dialated to a 1 a wk before. Just putting it out there that I don't believe dilation will tell you anything if you get checked.

SAHM  to 6run.gif

#4 of 6 Old 07-25-2013, 07:28 PM

My first was born at 33 weeks. Second at 36, third at 39, fourth at 37 and fifth at 38. First 4 were hospital births. 4th was an unnecessary induction. So she may have went longer. They said she was IUGR and she wasn't. 5th was a homebirth. MW was fine with it. Had me take 500mg of magnesium a day to help offset any pre-term cntrx. But I never had any.

Cassandra - Mama to Anthony, Ephram, Avalea, Chaiya, Elijah and due with #6 3/2014

#5 of 6 Old 07-26-2013, 05:26 AM

You know, starting with my 2nd I did take a calcium/magnesium supplement every evening so maybe that's helped me carry to term? I don't know. Worth a try though.

SAHM  to 6run.gif

#6 of 6 Old 07-26-2013, 09:46 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks so much! This has definitely helped ease my concerns. I'm going to ask my midwife about a magnesium supplement when I see her next.

Here's to full-term babies!

Tags
Pregnancy , Pregnancy Questions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page