Gestational diabetes? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 08-08-2013, 06:54 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Congratulations! Have a peaceful, healthy pregnancy!

Wife to amazing dh, mama to dd 12/08
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-09-2013, 10:47 AM - Thread Starter

I don't know how to put this, but then they called me this morning and said, "Woops, we misspoke, you're borderline and we need you to check levels after meals."

So I feel like I'm back to square one.
Old 08-09-2013, 10:48 AM - Thread Starter

I shouldn't complain. But to get that phone call after I was so happy? I feel like an idiot.
Old 08-09-2013, 11:14 AM

Oh goodie! Now you're in the club! Ok just, just kidding. That SUCKS! How could they get that wrong? I'm so sorry OP:-(

Wife to amazing dh, mama to dd 12/08
Old 08-09-2013, 07:00 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Awwww, man!!!! Major suckage!!!!!

Well, borderline means even if you do have it, it can be easily controlled with diet. You probably will not have to do insulin.

Everything is gonna be fine. :-)

Wife to one amazing husband superhero.gif, SAHM to DS bouncy.gif 10/09, DS babyboy.gif 10/19,  one furbaby dog2.gif, and lots of chicken3.gif!

joy.gif

Old 08-10-2013, 04:38 PM
Administrator

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 113 Post(s)

Congratulations on your pregnancy! Have you joined your Due Date Club here at Mothering? You can chat with other moms due the same month as you. You'll find the Due Date Clubs here. Just find yours and click Join This Group to have instant access and posting privileges:  http://www.mothering.com/community/groups/tagged/tag/2013-due-date-clubs

Old 08-10-2013, 07:10 PM

Awww, that stinks. It will be okay though. I was really scared of checking my blood sugar at first. I'm very squeamish, especially about needles. But I'm totally used to it now.

*** *5* * *8* * *12* * *16 * * *20* * * 24 * * * 28 * * * 32 * * * 36 * * stillheart.gif 40
Old 08-24-2013, 06:50 PM - Thread Starter

Hi everyone, I figured that I'd post an update to let you know how things are going. All things considered, everything has been okay. I have been testing my levels four times a day for a little over a week; once when I wake up (must be a max of 95), and 1.5 hours after each meal (must be a max of 130). I've only flunked levels three times... During the first week of testing I was in a wedding and was traveling to and from home. Fruit seems to be a trigger! Any time I have had a hint of fruit my levels get higher than they ought to. On the day of the wedding there was a stressful moment that coincided with eating fruit that fit into the serving size my nutritionist had showed me; my levels were about 134. A few days later I had some French bread with a little butter and jam for breakfast—up to 170! The worst offender was yesterday, when I had what I thought was a safe amount of cereal: I went up to 222!!!!!! I was mortified! However, I've had meals with small sides of mashed potatoes and was well under 130. Last night I had some pasta and meat sauce and was under 100. Today I broke down and had two slices of my favorite pizza and was again under 100. Wow! I guess it stands to say that each experience is very different... I do have to add that my favorite snack is a cut-up apple with some peanut butter! (I've tested sugars with that, too, and hover near 100 when I eat that.)

So, for all this trouble... I suppose I'm definitely borderline. It could be worse.

PS, one night I went crazy and had some chicken fingers and French fries (I was dying!). Under 100!!!
Old 08-24-2013, 07:00 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
That sounds very well controlled. Good for you!!

Wife to one amazing husband superhero.gif, SAHM to DS bouncy.gif 10/09, DS babyboy.gif 10/19,  one furbaby dog2.gif, and lots of chicken3.gif!

joy.gif

Old 08-24-2013, 07:49 PM - Thread Starter

Thank you! I appreciate that. It's just weird how things are so different!

User Tag List