Nothing is working :-( - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 13 Old 08-09-2013, 09:46 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I've tried salt under the tongue, ginger, 7up, peppermint, orange juice and other citrus fruits. Everything worked for a little while but I'm constantly sick....ALL DAY! And I sleep during the day and stay up at night. If it were just me, I wouldn't complain but, I have 3 other little ones to take care of. Is there anything that can give me an extra boost that isn't harmful to the baby? Also need tips for nausea. I'm trying to avoid medication
#2 of 13 Old 08-09-2013, 10:33 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I never tried it but there are these bracelets that are for motion sickness that I have heard good things about. Probably sold at a boating store. Also, there is a homeopathic called Nux Vomica that helped me.

I hope this issue passes quickly for you. <3

Wife to one amazing husband superhero.gif, SAHM to DS bouncy.gif 10/09, DS babyboy.gif 10/19,  one furbaby dog2.gif, and lots of chicken3.gif!

joy.gif

#3 of 13 Old 08-10-2013, 06:46 AM

alot of people swear by high doses of vitamin b6. it's pretty affordable, and safe for the baby

#4 of 13 Old 08-10-2013, 07:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selissa View Post

alot of people swear by high doses of vitamin b6. it's pretty affordable, and safe for the baby

Yes, I forgot about that. Also, maybe a cold protein drink, little sips all day through a straw, might help. <3

Wife to one amazing husband superhero.gif, SAHM to DS bouncy.gif 10/09, DS babyboy.gif 10/19,  one furbaby dog2.gif, and lots of chicken3.gif!

joy.gif

#5 of 13 Old 08-10-2013, 02:15 PM

Oh man! Yeah that's been helping me a lot!
#6 of 13 Old 08-13-2013, 08:34 AM

Very pleased to be able to take good care of their children

10.gif
#7 of 13 Old 08-16-2013, 03:02 PM

I found that I could avoid nausea as long as I ate high protein snacks every 2 hours or so. I kept things like cheese squares, nuts, hard boiled eggs and protein bars on hand and it did the trick. Simple carbs like bread and crackers were also good when I was really unsettled.
MamaBear84 likes this.

Writing about life-long learning and discovery at: www.neoapprentice.com 

:: A neo-apprentice knows there are no true masters. 

25yo FTM to a Wiggle Panda diaper.gif, student teacher read.gif, newlywed love.gif 

#8 of 13 Old 08-17-2013, 01:04 PM

I second everyone else who said protein. I snacked on a lot of almonds and and protein shakes, and tried to avoid all the things with no nutrition that I was craving. I would always eat something high in protein right before going to bed, which would help me feel better when I woke up.

#9 of 13 Old 08-17-2013, 01:17 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)

Protein and Fat had to more than double for me to start feeling better.

Also, water kefir - something about the probiotics really helped.

Oh - and I needed to eat once or twice in the middle of the night or else I couldn't sleep.  I'd be too tired to get up but to low blood sugar and nauseous to fall asleep.  Food on the night stand helped.

For a while I had to do some lighter proteins (or what felt light to me):  Salmon, quinoa, beans.  Had a couple months when red meat and eggs didn't taste right or sit well.

#10 of 13 Old 08-17-2013, 02:43 PM - Thread Starter

I crave beans a lot and I have noticed that I feel a lot better after eating them. Is Ensure considered a protein drink? I've been wanting some ALL DAY today but too sick to go to the store :-/ I'll have to settle for this Ben & Jerry's ice cream instead....*sigh* poor me lol
dalia likes this.
#11 of 13 Old 08-19-2013, 06:28 PM

Pro biotics helped for five minutes for me - till I threw them up . I threw up every remedy . Gogi berries taste horrible and didht work , neither did aloe ir ginger . It was the worst 12 weeks if my life . I can really sympathize , truly . Chasing remedies I guess took my mind off my misery . Accupuncture got me upright and worked each time I got it - but only for that day . At 80$ per session i got disgusted with that too . I also hypersalivated so much I had to teach with a spit cup at my desk and pretend to drink when I was actually spitting . That cup filled up about 8oz / hour . The only thing I can suggest is hang in there think about ur baby and remember that it will pass !
#12 of 13 Old 08-19-2013, 09:24 PM

beef jerky :) I swear by it, its such a small amount of food, no real issue of heartburn or indigestion for me and super high amounts of protein. 

Holly and David partners.gif

Adaline love.gif (3/20/10), and Charlie brokenheart.gif (1/26/12- 4/10/12) and our identical  rainbow1284.gif  twins Callie and Wendy (01/04/13)

SIDS happens. 

#13 of 13 Old 08-22-2013, 07:59 AM

The bracelets (Sea Bands) I think helped me a little. Everyone is so different. For me my "cure" was to just eat all the time - never let my belly get empty. And I had to eat heavy foods that would weigh my stomach down and take a while to digest. Think pizza, fast food, cheesesteak. I'm sure I could have made healthier choices and been ok, but that was working for me and I had no energy to cook or really think beyond getting something into my belly RIGHT NOW.

Mom to Ava - 10/8/13 love.gif 

Tags
Secrets To Relieving Morning Sickness What Every Pregnant Woman Must Know , Pregnancy

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page