Lavender concerns?? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 08-15-2013, 09:25 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi ladies!

I accidentally soaked my feet in water mixed with a bit of lavender soap while getting a pedicure (already cleared the pedicure by my doctor, so no worries there!). I only soaked them for about five minutes before pulling them out when I realized the soap had lavender in it. I'm almost seven weeks along and have had several miscarriages before this one (this one is my fifth pregnancy and I'm the farthest along I've ever been), and I'm just really concerned about making sure I give this one the best chance possible. Any assurances that the lavender exposure is alright would be much appreciated!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-15-2013, 09:26 AM

I have no answers as I am still studying herbs and uses and during pregnancy and breastfeeding. Hopefully by BUMPING this up someone with experience will be able to reassure you and advise you. 

bfinfant.gifbreastfeedingfemalesling.GIF baby-wearing familybed1.gif bed-sharing greenthumb.gif herb growing/using nocirc.gif no circ'ing  lady.gif Mama 

bikenew.gif6-25-2006goodvibes.gif11.29.2008dust.gif7-6-2010babyf.gif10-3-2012 belly.gifcraving #5 ALREADY 

Old 08-15-2013, 09:30 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks so much!! From what I've read it's really undetermined. Some people say don't use anything with lavender, by others seem to think minimal use is a-ok. I kinda lean towards that second one, especially since the concentration is usually very small in most soaps, but I'd just love to get some reassurances from others who know even better!
Old 08-15-2013, 09:49 AM - Thread Starter

Ok, this may have answered my question: http://roberttisserand.com/2011/07/lavender-oil-and-pregnancy/

Looks like I'm ok smile.gif
Old 08-15-2013, 10:13 AM

I would have no qualms whatsoever about using lavender.  I've had lavender & chamomile tea, taken baths with lavender oil and sea salt, used lavender soap, slept right next to my child with lavender oil applied directly on the back of the neck for calming and have put lavender oil in a diffuser all during this pregnancy.  Obviously not all at once or even necessarily on the same day.

Most of these I did during my first pregnancy, as well and have a very healthy preschool age child with no complications or anything else.

I think some people advise against it because they think they should limit their liability in saying what is okay to use.

There are some essential oils that are good to avoid during pregnancy, but lavender is certainly not one of them.

Old 08-15-2013, 10:54 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

I have used a lot of lavender soap this pregnancy with no problems. I am 39 weeks.

Granola-ey, crunchy, marathoning, natural living Christian mamatreehugger.gif down south with DHguitar.gif and DD1 (6)dust.gif, DD2 (2)energy.gif, and DD3 babygirl.gif.    homebirth.jpgwinner.jpgcd.giffemalesling.GIFgoorganic.jpghomeschool.gif
Old 08-16-2013, 10:23 AM - Thread Starter

Thank you so much, ladies! Makes me feel a lot better!!!

User Tag List