Anyone try to "choose the sex of your baby" through Shuttles or other methods and it worked? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#31 of 41 Old 10-03-2013, 09:47 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

My last three babies I charted "religiously" and based off ovulation they should each be the OPPOSITE gender from what they are! lol 

Jesus-loving Doula/Birth Photographer Mama to Tor 4/2007, Zion 11/2009, Enoch 11/2011, and Zephyr due 12/13/2013

#32 of 41 Old 10-03-2013, 11:34 AM

I read the book by Dr. Shettles a few months ago.We already have 2 boys and would like a girl. After that I decided I didn't want any more kids, my second can be a bit of a wild card at times.... then I changed my mind again so in September we followed the "girl" method. Having sex every day from when the period ended until 4 days before ovulation. I figured it would take a few months to work since you stop having sex so far from the most fertile day. But I just got my positive pregnancy test the other day. Just got to sit tight for awhile now I guess! I didn't find out the gender with my second pregnancy but I think we will this time. I need to mentally prepare myself! So...baby will be coming in early June. Such a nice time of the year to have a baby!

MountainMama2Be likes this.

Canadian mom of Myron born in Japan, March 2007. Our second son born at home, wonderful HBAC in July 2010. I am a jeweller, I love creating things!

1***5****10****15****20****25****30****35**coolshine.gif*40****45, Due June 10th, 2014

#33 of 41 Old 10-13-2013, 05:54 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by shenanegans View Post

But I just got my positive pregnancy test the other day. Just got to sit tight for awhile now I guess! I didn't find out the gender with my second pregnancy but I think we will this time.

Can you please post the baby's sex when you find out. I'm following this thread and am dying to know if you scored a girl. :-)

Leanne wash.gif 34, SAHM married 15 yrs to Josh geek.gif, 37.  brokenheart.gif 8/08, brokenheart.gif 7/10, babyboy.gif born 2/18/12 and brokenheart.gif 4/14. photosmile3.gif 
#34 of 41 Old 10-13-2013, 05:56 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

I'm officially on AF this week so it's almost DTD time! I'm hoping for a girl (as I've stated earlier) so I'm gonna get busy next week! LOL. I might just keep going around + OPK time though....just because I wanna get preggers ASAP and like I said I don't really care what it is...I just want a healthy full term pregnancy and adorable little babyf.gif# 2.

Leanne wash.gif 34, SAHM married 15 yrs to Josh geek.gif, 37.  brokenheart.gif 8/08, brokenheart.gif 7/10, babyboy.gif born 2/18/12 and brokenheart.gif 4/14. photosmile3.gif 
#35 of 41 Old 10-14-2013, 07:02 AM

I was reading around that Shettles actually had it backwards and that more girls were conceived immediately prior to ovulation than boys.

This Mommy and Military Daddy are loving their son.
DS born Dec 2010 bouncy.gif   Pregnant with #2, hoping for a  stork-girl.gif 

#36 of 41 Old 10-15-2013, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WifeofAnt View Post

I was reading around that Shettles actually had it backwards and that more girls were conceived immediately prior to ovulation than boys.

Oh my! well I know with my second, we conceived our son on the day of ovulation. I also took lots of calcium prior to TTC this time which is also supposed to help if you want a girl. I will keep you posted! We will probably know sometime in January. 

Canadian mom of Myron born in Japan, March 2007. Our second son born at home, wonderful HBAC in July 2010. I am a jeweller, I love creating things!

1***5****10****15****20****25****30****35**coolshine.gif*40****45, Due June 10th, 2014

#37 of 41 Old 10-15-2013, 11:23 AM

We ended up finding out the gender. It's a girl!

We have 5 babies. We have used a modified shettles twice. Both of those times resulted in the conception of girls while the others, conceived right at ovulation, were all boys. We're either really lucky or the method works for us. 

shenanegans likes this.

Hi, I'm Tabitha. I'm a homeschooling mother of four: ds (11) dd (9) ds (7) ds (5) And I'm expecting a fifth in 2014! Find me at http://www.omelay.blogspot.com
#38 of 41 Old 01-19-2014, 05:50 PM

We have our ultrasound booked for Feb 6th so I will keep you posted! Only 2 more weeks!

#39 of 41 Old 01-19-2014, 07:39 PM

Yes, I had two boys (23 months apart), both conceived while charting, but not using Shettles method (we were just trying for babies of any sex.) For our third we successfully timed for a girl. If I recall correctly, we tried 4 days prior to estimated ovulation.

I though for sure that conception didn't work, because we refrained from trying again any closer to, or after, ovulation, but it happened! Then I was convinced, the entire pregnancy, right up to delivery, it was going to be a boy (no testing or ultrasound during the pregnancy), but we got our girl. :-)

Michelle

shenanegans likes this.
#40 of 41 Old 02-08-2014, 06:35 AM

I tried the method for a girl, we already have 2 boys and we found out yesterday that it is another boy. I feel really disappointed and sad as I can't imagine having any more kids after this. I always imagined I would have a daughter, I have 2 sisters a wonderful mom and so many amazing aunts I can't believe I will never have a daughter. I also feel terrible that I feel this way at all. The baby is healthy. But I am afraid 3 boys will just make me insane. I don't think anyone understands. I haven't even been able to talk to anyone about it, I just told my family by text because if I start to talk about it, I just start crying. Ugh.

#41 of 41 Old 02-08-2014, 03:11 PM

I'm sorry, Shenanegans. I can see why this would be so hard. I wanted a girl so bad it hurt, because I also have sisters. We were lucky and that's what we got, but I can understand your disappointment. I know you will love your family the way it has turned out, but I don't think there's anything wrong with expressing your disappointment.
shenanegans likes this.

Fiction writer by training, writer/editor of anything anyone will hire me for by trade. Me + D=my girls E (4/2011) and little N, 1/2014.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page