This wasn't planned .... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 09-11-2013, 04:19 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I just went to the doc due to abdominal pain, and she said: Your test is positive. I just continued talking, because I just assumed she was talking about positive for leucocytes as in UTI, and she said: No, I mean: You are pregnant. 

I nearly fainted. This was so not planned! I just started working again a couple of month ago, and our baby is starting to get a little weeny tiny bit less needy. I was thinking about going out again with DH. 

Our marriage is difficult, too. I mean, I love him, but it is soooo difficult with his ADHD. 

And now this. O MY GOD WHAT DO I DO NOW?!

Trin with DH , DD(7)  and DS(5) ,  DD(2) ,
I am not regularly online at the moment due to the above ...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 4 Old 09-11-2013, 08:36 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Im sorry for the circumstances being so hard. My advice is to take it one day at time. hugs. you never know what the future will look like. A lot can change in 9 months.

belly.gif1***5****10****15****20****25****30****35heartbeat.gif***40babygirl.gif

#3 of 4 Old 09-11-2013, 12:15 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

this baby was planned, but i expected to take months to get pregnant...and in fact got pregnant instantly. So I still freaked out a bit. Give your self time to adjust to the idea. you dont have to be ecstatic instantly. I know for me, buying a little thing for the baby helped a lot. good luck and (hugs)

#4 of 4 Old 09-12-2013, 02:09 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)

:HugGo out with your husband now.  Focus on the things you love about him and expressing them.  Have a cuddling time with him at least every few days.  If you are feeling sick or very tired now--hey, even if you aren't--ask him to do specific, immediate tasks that will help you; these should be doable even with ADHD and help you to feel more positively toward him.  Try thinking of this as a time to get your relationship with him stronger and more loving so that you'll be ready for the stresses of a new baby.

It's got to be hard having just gone back to work--I can't quite imagine, being still working at the same place I was years before my first child was born--but think about what it would be like to stay at this job through pregnancy and come back to it after maternity leave, and toss around the various options of doing that, quitting when baby comes, getting a different job, etc., to figure out what's the right option for you.

Mama to a boy EnviroKid treehugger.gif 9 years old and a new little girl EnviroBaby baby.gif!

I write about parenting, environment, cooking, and more. computergeek2.gif

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page