Very Early Movements for days, now nothing! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 09-17-2013, 08:07 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I'm 12 weeks today and unbelievably for the last week I have been feeling movements every day. There's just nothing else I can think of it being. Feels like a tickly tapping sensation that lasts for 5-10 minutes at a time. I got the stomach flu 4 days ago and have been experiencing symptoms on and off. Still have it this morning. :( And I just realized I haven't felt anything in about 24 hours. This is normal around this stage of pregnancy right? It's not something you need to worry about if it stops for a while, right?? :( I miss it.

#2 of 6 Old 09-17-2013, 08:23 AM

It is completely normal. I also tend to feel movement early, like a fishy swimming around. I think it's likely that baby has changed positions in a radical way and isn't touching more sensitive areas right now. Remember sh/e has lots of room at this stage! I didn't feel movement for a couple of weeks between 13-15 weeks, but now I feel it a lot, at least once a day. I'm 16 weeks. Yesterday I felt the baby move twice while standing, which had not happened until then, usually I felt it only when laying still.

I know you're worried, but just breathe deep. There is nothing you can do about this but wait. (Unless you have a care provider you want to see) Even seeing a provider cannot do anything about what is happening inside. Baby will move soon! Take good care of yourself!

Selissa and JenVose like this.

Hi, I'm Tabitha. I'm a homeschooling mother of four: ds (11) dd (9) ds (7) ds (5) And I'm expecting a fifth in 2014! Find me at http://www.omelay.blogspot.com
#3 of 6 Old 09-17-2013, 10:35 AM - Thread Starter

Thank you Tabitha, that was tremendously comforting. I think I got worried that the flu could have hurt the baby but that's probably ridiculous. I can't wait to feel it again!

#4 of 6 Old 09-18-2013, 03:03 PM

Yup, what Tabitha said. With ds2 i felt movement at 11 weeks and then nothing between 13 and 15 or 16 weeks. i was so sure the baby had died...this time i am taking it easy when i don't feel movement for a period of time early on

#5 of 6 Old 09-19-2013, 11:30 AM

Same thing happened to me :) I worried too!

Amy, mommy to Ava, 6, Gavin, 4, Lila, 2, and Baby #4 due in early November! joy.gif
#6 of 6 Old 09-20-2013, 08:02 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I felt my baby at 11.5 weeks, then again at 13 weeks, and then I didn't feel a single thing till 17.5 weeks. Now I feel it many times a day. Don't worry about consistency of movement this early--every time is a little gift at this point in your pregnancy!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page