How is your bellybutton? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 10 Old 09-19-2013, 11:17 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

What is your bellybutton doing??

I'm 34+3 weeks pregnant now and it's just starting to pop out. It was flat for awhile, and now the top part is starting to bulge out (and kind of look a little swollen) it's SO SENSITIVE and it kind of hurts. I'm slathering it with bellybutter constantly!

I really hope it doesn't pop out anymore than this!

#2 of 10 Old 09-20-2013, 09:17 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I'm 34w today and mine is basically completely flat and it has turned brown. Weird. I don't remember it turning brown with my last pregnancy. I always wanted my belly button to pop out - I think that is the cutest thing in the world when you see very pregnant women with a belly button bump.

JenVose likes this.
#3 of 10 Old 09-20-2013, 06:10 PM

I'm 34+3 too! Mines been disappearing slowly for months. It doesn't really stick out, it's just flat and feels like part of my stomach. Mine is/was really sensitive too! I make sure to rub coconut oil on it, and the rest of my stomach. I can tell a difference if I don't. It seems really tender, I guess because it's not used to being normal skin, and it's being stretched. Seems itchy too...ughh the things I don't recognize about myself now that I'm pregnant.

#4 of 10 Old 09-21-2013, 07:30 PM

37+6 wks here and its majorly popped out, dependent on how baby is laying in there i can see that it will flatten out again after shes born but right now its a little disturbing to dh how much it sticks out.

#5 of 10 Old 09-21-2013, 07:36 PM

Mine never popped out with DD. I was wishing it would cause I think it looks so cute. Funny enough DD has an outie so I guess hers will do it all the time for her. LOL

#6 of 10 Old 09-22-2013, 05:41 AM

I'm 40 weeks 2 days and mine hasn't popped out. It didn't for my first pregnancy either and she was born 8 days overdue.

Me (33), DH (35) and DD1 (3) conceived naturally after 6 months. After TTC#2 for 15 months, finally got a pos.gif on my second cycle of Clomid, DD2 born Sept, 2013. Can I convince my DH it's a great idea to have another one?
#7 of 10 Old 09-26-2013, 08:00 AM

Mine got less and less "innie" in my last pregnancy. Hubby used to joke it was like a turkey timer and when it popped out it would mean the baby was done. 

WOHM to a girl jog.gif (6-11) and a new baby boy stork-boy.gif (2-14) and adjusting to the full-time life and husband being a SAHD. 
#8 of 10 Old 09-26-2013, 01:35 PM

I have always had a very deep belly button. During my last pregnancy, it was totally still an innie throughout. My midwives even commented on how uncommonly deep it was, that it wasn't even "level" but still indented. DH and the midwives both commented on how bizarre it was to them how my belly button would pop out while I was pushing, it was the only time I had an outtie, and I absolutely never saw it. Pregnancy did stretch my belly button somewhat, for which I was very thankful. Before, I referred to it as being like "a pair of Chinese fingercuffs" because if you put your finger in it it was difficult to pull it back out (and it hurt!).

About halfway there this time and it's showing no signs of popping out with this pregnancy, either.

I always thought those little belly button bumps were terribly cute, too, but it seems I may be destined not to have one.

#9 of 10 Old 09-27-2013, 12:35 PM

I'm 29 weeks and my belly button is a bit stretched out, but that's it. That's all that ever happened with my five previous pregnancies. I've never had my belly button pop out or even go flat. Honestly, I'm glad because I find it a little weird. :P DH was disappointed, though, because he thinks it would be cute!

Michelle, wife to DH, and momma to DD16, DS15, DS12, DS10, DD9, DD7, DS5, and baby girl born Christmas Eve 2013!
#10 of 10 Old 09-27-2013, 02:45 PM

Love the turkey timer comment Erigeron. I always thought of them that way, too. I guess mine really was a timer ... only popped out when I was truly "done"!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page