There are two babies in my uterus!!!!! o.O - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 10-04-2013, 03:57 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Found out yesterday that we are going to be having twins!  I'm still adjusting and there are 1000 things going through my brain.

With one, I knew how to prepare.  I knew what we needed.  With two, I just have no clue.

Here are just a few of my many many questions:

1) what kind of baby gear is essential for twins? Especially considering that I have a high maintenance 5 year old.

2) I will have to go back to work at some point after the babies are born (hopefully I can stretch my maternity leave out as long as possible).  I need tips for working full time with twins.

mommy to Christopher 2/29/08
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-04-2013, 07:35 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)

Congratulations. :joy

I've been thinking about this lately (I'm TTC, not pregnant yet) but the two biggest issues I've been thinking about are:

1) How do I fit them in the car (I also have one child already)? Some cars can fit 3 carseats across, some can't. The biggest piece of gear you might want to look into *may* be a larger car.
2) Depending on the cost of childcare and what field you work in, some people find it more economical to wait until their twins are in school or older (rates for infants are generally the highest). I've heard in some places daycare can cost more than college. Yowch.

This Mommy and Military Daddy are loving their son.
DS born Dec 2010 Pregnant with #2, having another !
Old 10-06-2013, 06:18 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I found out I'm having twins about a month ago, and my reaction was very much like yours. :) We have virtually everything needed for one baby, but two really threw me for a loop! (I have a 5 year old and a 2.5 year old as well.)

So far, I've bought a twin nursing pillow, because that seemed crucial! We'll be buying a minivan because there's no way we can fit everyone plus cargo in the car we have now. We've also decided that since the babies are coming in the winter, and because there will be two of them plus the two olders, we will get two infant bucket carseats, which I had not initially planned on. That hopefully will make loading and unloading the car a bit easier.

We're also considering getting a twin stroller so that I feel like I can get out with everyone. If I have to, I'll put the 2.5 year old in one of the seats to keep him from running away, wear one baby, and put the other in the second seat of the stroller.

Catherine, mama to Preschooler Girl 9/08, and Toddler Boy 3/11

User Tag List