Introducing siblings book suggestions?? - Mothering Forums
I'm Pregnant > Introducing siblings book suggestions??
lightgarden's Avatar lightgarden 09:45 AM 10-18-2013

Hi there,

16 weeks preggo and time to study! I have a 3.5 year old whose 4th birthday is 2 days past my due date. She is very, very wonderfully attached to me, a little shy, and doesn't like independent play yet. Her whole world has been her in the center of our lives. I am so afraid of the negative impact the new baby may have on my sweet girl. I know there will be positives but I'm daunted by the potential negatives. I'm looking for excellent book suggestions on the subject of how to best help a sibling accept a new baby. AND your personal ideas and suggestions based on your experience.

Thank you!!

lightgarden's Avatar lightgarden 07:17 PM 10-21-2013
No one? greensad.gif
Chloe'sMama's Avatar Chloe'sMama 08:32 PM 10-21-2013
i didnt have any books i read, but talking withthem and making thier job as big sibling so special and important is a good first step. letting them go to doc or mw appts and really be a part of it. i also got just about every big sibling book out there and read to them as much as possible. good luck finding the other books too!
lightgarden's Avatar lightgarden 09:24 AM 10-22-2013

Thank you Chloe's Mama. Those are good suggestions! I am a huge fan of reading non-fiction on every subject that matters to me, and I'm having a hard time googling sibling books for parents to read. Arghhh. :)

Up