Scared to take pregnancy test? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 10-18-2013, 11:30 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

So there is a chance that I may be pregnant. I would love to have another baby. If i was able to choose I would want a little girl. Since I already have a little boy who is the light of my life. 

I have a bunch of symptom. Breast tenderness, missed AF (only 2 days), slight brown spotting first thing in the morning, heightened senses, mild abdominal cramps on and off throughout the day. .....

The only thing I have not done is take the test. My last one did not give a positive until I was almost through my first trimester as I do not create a high amount of the HCG hormone. I would consider going to the doctor as well but I currently do not have insurance as I am unemployed (hopefully that will change next week. 

I am not scared to take the test for it to be a positive. I am scared that it may say negative. Does anyone else seem to have the same fear?

Cassi treehugger.gif
#2 of 7 Old 10-18-2013, 11:49 AM

I've had that fear before, and that disappointment. It's one of those things, it's nice to think you are pregnant and you don't want to be disappointed by the factual knowledge (even if it's not true!). 

If I were in your position, I'd take a test (a pink dye test, not a blue dye test). But, you could wait until next week and take it- give yourself a specific day/time to do it, with a plan for what you will do after- regardless of the results. 

For example, one time, I planned to take the test after my DH got home, while my DD was at grandmas. If it was positive, I was going to go out to dinner and celebrate with DH. If it was negative, he was going to go buy me ice cream and pizza and rent me a movie.  We watched the Hangover and ate Ben and Jerrys :)

Holly and David partners.gif

Adaline love.gif (3/20/10), and Charlie brokenheart.gif (1/26/12- 4/10/12) and our identical  rainbow1284.gif  twins Callie and Wendy (01/04/13)

SIDS happens. 

#3 of 7 Old 10-18-2013, 01:00 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks.  I was thinking about taking the test next Saturday. Possibly after DH goes to work. He doesn't know yet that there is a possibility.  We were not actively trying. :)

If I am not I will just start baking (my stress release). If I am. that means we will have to start having even more whole foods in the house :)

Cassi treehugger.gif
#4 of 7 Old 10-19-2013, 08:23 PM - Thread Starter

I took a test today.. It wasn't a full confirmation. There was a faint blue  positive line.  I am going to take another one next week and make sure it is a pink dye test. fingers crossed

Cassi treehugger.gif
#5 of 7 Old 10-19-2013, 10:36 PM

I think if the line is there, even if it's faint, you are pretty much guaranteed to be preggo!!!
Cassi Mahlum likes this.

Wife to one amazing husband superhero.gif, SAHM to DS bouncy.gif 10/09, DS babyboy.gif 10/19,  one furbaby dog2.gif, and lots of chicken3.gif!

joy.gif

#6 of 7 Old 10-20-2013, 05:57 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)

As long as you read the line within the recommended time, a line is a positive.  Congrats!

Cassi Mahlum likes this.

Beautiful baby girl born 8/13/2012.  Little star baby lost at 10 weeks pregnant, 12/18/2013.
#7 of 7 Old 10-20-2013, 06:20 AM - Thread Starter

I followed all of the directions on the test. When I do the second test I am going to show DH. He knows that I am late but he wants to believe it is from stress from being unemployed . :love. He says that he will be excited but he wants to live in denial a bit longer. LOL

Cassi treehugger.gif

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page