drank until 4 months along and radiation. - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 10-21-2013, 06:34 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hello.. I'm new to this but currently I'm 34 weeks pregnant. I got my period all the way up until I was about 4 months along so I had no idea I was at all. I drank heavy sometimes, light others. Light as in a beer or two a night and heavy as in a party every two weeks. I also was smoking cigarettes. When I found out, I did stop. But is there anything that could go wrong? Or show up now that he wont be healthy? Everytime I've gone to my appts, she's said his heart beat is good and strong. Lower 140's. Said blood work has been normal and glucose too. Ultrasound as well. Would it show deformities? Especially being that I had to have two ct scans in a matter of two days at 8 weeks along????
#2 of 2 Old 10-21-2013, 07:12 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I'm not really sure but I do know that it is impossible for you to have a period while pregnant so it is more likely that you had some bleeding and misinterpreted it for your regular cycle. Its no biggie, my mom did the same thing until she was 6 month along with me! In most cases things turn out normally. I smoke all through my first pregnancy and didn't quit until I was halfway along with my second pregnancy and they are fine. I don't recommend it, as it can be detrimental, but I was young and naive and going through TOO much for my age. But since you quit you really are doing the best thing for your baby. That is awesome! One thing is certain, worrying about the unknown can cause unnecessary stress not just for you, but for your baby. Think positively and try to reassure yourself every time you hear how well your baby is doing, with every kick when the time comes. Just do better NOW, you know. Maybe others could give you some more information.  

bfinfant.gifbreastfeedingfemalesling.GIF baby-wearing familybed1.gif bed-sharing greenthumb.gif herb growing/using nocirc.gif no circ'ing  lady.gif Mama 

bikenew.gif6-25-2006goodvibes.gif11.29.2008dust.gif7-6-2010babyf.gif10-3-2012 belly.gifcraving #5 ALREADY 

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page