I have no idea when I'm due!!! - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 10-23-2013, 10:05 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

My periods are never normal.  I don't remember when I had my last one.  Or I should say the one before the last one I THOUGHT was a period.  I THOUGHT I had my period beginning October 7th.  I bled lightly for 4 days but I was still crampy and my breasts were still tender even after I finished bleeding.  I took a preg test on October 16th and it was positive.  I'm so confused at this point.  So when I thought I had my period it obviously wasn't my period.  Could that have been implantation and if so where would that put me as far as how many weeks along I could be (roughly)?

#2 of 8 Old 10-23-2013, 11:24 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I had the same problem you're having now with my now 21 month old baby girl. I've always had irregular periods so whenI found out I was pregnant it was very difdifficult, my OB just said to try to remember when was my last period. Which was on April, it turned out pretty accurate I delivered at 34 weeks.

Good luck, I know this can be difficult and try to keep us updated!
#3 of 8 Old 10-26-2013, 01:02 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)

Generally if you're unsure of your dates they have you go in for a dating ultrasound when you're around what you estimate 12 weeks would be (I was actually nine weeks along when I had my ultrasounds)

girl reading.gif absolutely in love with boy modifiedartist.gif.  DD loveeyes.gif (11/06) and DS luxlove.gif (08/11), and someone new in July stork-suprise.gif!
#4 of 8 Old 10-27-2013, 12:31 PM

Jut wanted to tell my experience with this and I hope I dont discourage you in any way here, just want to help if at all possible......I also have very irregular periods and tried my best to come up with a LMP date and even a conception date, turned out both were wrong and I truly had no clue. I was given a "due date" of Oct.1st based on my guess and Im still here and pregnant on the 27th! At 42 wks, my midwives suggested I go in for an ultrasound to measure babes amniotic fluid levels which were wonderful so no worries there. The OB we went to surprisingly agreed that ultrasounds can be off by 2 lbs/2 wks when it comes to guessing age so she didnt even bother to try and get those measurements. Luckily I have such wonderful and understanding midwives, I think that if I had OB care this whole time they would have probably pushed for induction nearly a month ago and clearly my babe is still very healthy and happy to stay put until he/she is ready! I should also note that after 40 wks passed by we decided to try all the natural induction methods we could at home and NONE of them worked for us. Thats when I was just sure our dates must be off. So now I dont use dates, I just say, "Yes, Im STILL pregnant and our baby is perfectly fine!"

Hope this helps even a little!

We are a treehugger.gif family by nature...my beloved partner in life hippie.gifour little drummer boydrum.gif(Apr.2011) and Autumnal girlflower.gif(Oct.2013)       goorganic.jpgsigncirc1.gif  h20homebirth.gif  namaste.gif 
#5 of 8 Old 11-05-2013, 09:55 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)

Ultrasounds to date the pregnancy are considered very accurate in the first trimester.

girl reading.gif absolutely in love with boy modifiedartist.gif.  DD loveeyes.gif (11/06) and DS luxlove.gif (08/11), and someone new in July stork-suprise.gif!
#6 of 8 Old 11-19-2013, 04:46 AM

I'm in a similar boat, but I'd prefer to avoid ultrasound just for dating purposes.

#7 of 8 Old 11-19-2013, 06:56 AM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)

Light bleeding can be ovulation sometimes, that would make you 8 weeks now if it were. Some women have a false period while pregnant, a close friend had that for 2 months, she found out she was pregnant at the end of her 1st trimester. If it was that you'd be 10 weeks. If it was implantation (I'm not sure it sounds like that though) you would be 9 weeks.

mareseatoats likes this.
#8 of 8 Old 11-24-2013, 12:31 PM

Go for a dating ultrasound as soon as possible because mostly likely you're in the first trimester, and they're relatively accurate then (give or take a week).

Mama to my little Lily luxlove.gif (09/2010), and a sweet baby boy joy.gif (12/2012)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page