Temperature drop in early pregnancy - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 11-13-2013, 12:55 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)

I know you are not supposed to take your temperature once you find out you are pregnant, but I did for the first 28 days of my first two pregnancies.

Pregnancy #1 ended in miscarriage after a temperature dip of 98.0 for 2 consecutive days.

Pregnancy #2 did not dip below 98.3 after 10 DPO. It was a healthy pregnancy.

I fear that my current pregnancy is more similar to pregnancy #1 than pregnancy #2. Should I be concerned?

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/90c5f

I'm not looking for "stop charting" as an answer. I would like to hear from others who were charting and experienced temperature dips in early pregnancy. What was the pregnancy outcome?

Thank you.

Now mom to a boy born January 2010. 
Cautiously expecting Dec 2014!

12/08 (6 weeks),  1/13 (11 weeks), &  12/13 (9.5 weeks)
#2 of 3 Old 11-13-2013, 01:22 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I didn't temp after getting my positive. I can see why you are concerned.:Hug Your temps do look like they are headed south (TCOYF has indicated that this could be a sign of impending miscarriage. It said could, not is!) but you did have one low temp on the 7th (11DPO) and a lot of the data (other temps are missing). Your last non-pregnant cycle didn't dip below 98.0 after O and AF still showed up. TCOYF also says that 18 days of temps above the coverline is a positive chart for pregnancy. You have 17 above the coverline. At 11DPO you were at 98.0 so that is different from your pregnancy #2. Technically the rule is as long as you are above the coverline you are safe but I understand that your history has been different. I don't think that there is really anyway to tell what's going to happen at this point. You are stuck in wait and see land. :grouphug

~Patti~ rainbow1284.gifMomma to three girls and three boys chicken3.gif, First mother to one girl triadadopt.jpg

Certified, card carrying member of the IEP Binder Clubkid.gif  

#3 of 3 Old 11-14-2013, 03:17 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)

Thanks, pattimomma. My temperature was back up this morning, so maybe this would be a good day to stop temping.

Regarding the missing data: This is what happens when I try to be nonchalant about TTC/pregnancy.

Now mom to a boy born January 2010. 
Cautiously expecting Dec 2014!

12/08 (6 weeks),  1/13 (11 weeks), &  12/13 (9.5 weeks)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page