I'm (early) pregnant and bleeding. - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 11-14-2013, 06:54 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

My "period" started right on time but has been very light and sometimes just spotting. It's been like this 4 1/2 days now so I took a pregnancy test on a whim this morning and BFP! Yay!! I took a second one, of course, and also got a BFP. I nice dark line! I'm probably about 14 DPO. I didn't bleed like this with my other two  healthy pregnancies. My first two pregnancies were miscarriages, but there was no bleeding at the beginning. With my 3rd and 4th pregnancies I used progesterone and had two healthy babies. I got my blood drawn today to check my progesterone level and I ordered the Progestelle that I used with my DS online this morning.

I'm just looking for your thoughts, comments and reassurance on all of this. Does it sound like I will most likely miscarry (you can tell me, I can handle it), or does it sound like I may still be able to have a full term pregnancy? 

Catholic, SAHM, Married 5 yrs. love.gif, Miscarried Sept. '08 April '09 & Jan. '14, DD is almost 4, DS is 20 months-we had a wonderful homebirth.jpg, EDD early Jan, 2015! I'm also a first time foster mom to a girl-22 months. 
#2 of 3 Old 11-14-2013, 07:19 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)

Only time will tell. Some women bleed and some dont. I think that if you have both bleeding and cramps that it can be a bad sign, but bleeding alone is not. The waiting is hard, but there is nothing you can do to stop what is going to happen. Either this pregnancy will continue or it wont. I wish there was something I could say, but when I was in your shoes, nothing really put me at ease. Lots of women have implantation bleeding and have healthy pregnancies. 

Me(33), Mama to a crazy DD (6), Wife to a wonderful mountain man(32) BF my babe for 2 years.
#3 of 3 Old 11-15-2013, 11:54 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
I agree with MountainMama. It's hard to say. Many women have bleeding and/or spotting early and go on to have healthy babies. I hope you are one of those people! It sounds like you are doing everything you can so just do your best to take it easy while you wait and see. Congratulations on your pregnancy!

Married to a wonderful woman since 2010. Baby boy C arrived in June 2013!

Check out our User Agreement.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page