Another name Poll - Mothering Forums
View Poll Results: Are you familiar with the name "Jet Jackson" from TV?
Yes, don't use it! 1 7.14%
Yes, but I don't think it's a problem 2 14.29%
No, I've never heard of it before 11 78.57%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

I'm Pregnant > Another name Poll
opheliajoy's Avatar opheliajoy 10:25 PM 12-28-2013

Dh and I are pretty set on the name "Jet" (as in the mineral), for our son.  Dh is pressing for the middle name to be "Jackson" because it's strong and because it's been unused on our baby list for 6 years now.   I think he's afraid it's his last chance to use it (I won't use it as a first name, our circles are FULL of Jax, Jacks, and Jacksons).

Jet Jackson

When it went on our list (together) we weren't aware of it's use by Disney for one of their shows... We've since read that the actor that played "Jet Jackson" ended up committing suicide... very sad.  I don't want it to be "an issue" for him on down the road.... was the show popular enough to be in reruns?  Is it Hana Montana popular?  Will be be on re-run on network tv? I just don't know enough about it at all.

cagirlintexas's Avatar cagirlintexas 01:34 PM 12-29-2013
No clue about jet Jackson but wanted to say I am married to a jet and totally love the name. Would have one myself but he doesn't want a jr. I thinks it's such a cool name and very unused.
opheliajoy's Avatar opheliajoy 10:58 PM 12-29-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by cagirlintexas View Post

No clue about jet Jackson but wanted to say I am married to a jet and totally love the name. Would have one myself but he doesn't want a jr. I thinks it's such a cool name and very unused.

Awe. That is very helpful!  I've never met (even online) anyone named Jet before.  :) 

Take2's Avatar Take2 12:02 AM 01-10-2014

We dont have TV in our house, so no idea about the TV name but honestly I say use it  -  it sounds like a lovely name, I highly doubt it will be an issue down the road <3

Up