Anyone measure ahead, then measure behind, and everything still be OK? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 01-13-2014, 10:53 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I'm just feeling nervous about this pregnancy.  I just don't think everything is normal and not sure what to do next.

Thanks for any thoughts or experiences.

#2 of 8 Old 01-13-2014, 11:02 AM

I did with all three babies, and expect to with this one as well.

That said, if something doesn't feel right, follow your gut and push for an answer. And keep pushing.
#3 of 8 Old 01-13-2014, 11:26 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks.:-)

It's just never happened to me before, and this will be my 8th baby.  I'm on the fence about getting an u/s, which might end up in more worrying, or just reassuring myself and taking a wait and see approach.

#4 of 8 Old 01-13-2014, 08:29 PM

I measured all over the place with my last baby (#5).  I began to doubt the whole measuring thing entirely.  Then, I read that with later pregnancies, it can be less accurate.  All the stretching and stuff can change how our bodies respond to pregnancy.  The baby has more room for flipping around and hiding, so position can change measurements.

That said, if you feel that funky, get checked out. :)

#5 of 8 Old 01-13-2014, 09:12 PM

I measured behind at every appointment, even weeks behind toward the end. I was gaining weight normally and my midwife didn't act concerned. I had an 8lb 8oz 21.5in baby at 39.5 weeks, so apparently all was well.

#6 of 8 Old 01-15-2014, 10:32 AM

Just chiming in here.....When I was about 22ish weeks, I was measuring 5 WEEKS AHEAD. It totally freaked me out. We declined the ultrasound, though, after a lot of thought. And in the end, I'm glad we did. Over time, my measurements have gone down and down until now I am measuring just 1 week ahead. I really don't think the fundal measurement (assuming that is what you are referring to vs. an ultrasound measurement?) says much. 

#7 of 8 Old 01-18-2014, 10:10 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks for the responses.  I'm back to measuring ahead (and yes, I was referring to fundal height), and after a visit to the chiro I'm not feeling so funky.  I'll probably get a 20 week u/s for reassurance, though.

#8 of 8 Old 05-01-2014, 10:51 PM - Thread Starter

The u/s at 20 weeks showed everything looked fine and only one baby.  But I've continued to measure ahead, and it's increasing each time the midwife measures.  She said she could feel a good bit of fluid, though, so I'm sure that's what it is, and not a "hiding twin" like my hubby thinks. :)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page