Does your pregnancy consume your mind space? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 01-26-2014, 02:30 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)

I'm finding most of my thoughts are of my pregnancy, and this life force growing inside of me. Do you all find that happened/is happening, too?
Also, I haven't shared my news with most of the people in my life, so I'm finding that to be impacting my ability to connect.  I wonder if this mind consuming nature of this pregnancy will subside once "my secret" is out... ???

#2 of 3 Old 01-27-2014, 12:25 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)

For me it didn't - not with my first two. Certainly not with my first. I thought about her all the time. I spent all my free time reading birth stories, reading Dr. Sears, reading novels with pregnant women, watching movies and shows with pregnant women. My daughter was 4 when I got pregnant with my son and I felt much the same during my pregnancy with him. It was a consuming thing. This pregnancy, which is still fairly early (14 weeks now, I think... with my daughter I knew down to the day, haha) I don't feel the same. I think it is because my son, who is two, is still so much a baby in a lot of ways that I focus more on him and less on the baby to be. I'm sure it will change a bit as things progress, and I have been interested in crafting for the baby, but the preoccupation that never left me with the first two isn't there.

girl reading.gif absolutely in love with boy modifiedartist.gif.  DD loveeyes.gif (11/06) and DS luxlove.gif (08/11), and someone new in July stork-suprise.gif!
#3 of 3 Old 01-28-2014, 12:01 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I can't really focus on much more other than my pregnancy. If it's not on my mind directly then it's on the back of my mind. I felt the same with my first even after everyone knew.

~*Have more than you show, speak less than you know*~

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page