Feeling of Ominous Threat During Pregnancy - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 01-26-2014, 08:43 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I have this feeling that there is something 'wrong' about this pregnancy. My life is amazing for the most part. I have a husband that is my best friend. We have passion, fun and love in our marriage. My kids are healthy (they have allergies). I have enough money. I am very grateful for my life. I feel like somehow this baby is going to upset the apple cart. Like she and I can't possibly come out healthy and whole. Is this just normal pregnancy anxiety? My cousin's babe was just diagnosed with CF so my husband thinks that is causing this but I was feeling this way before she was diagnosed. 

Proud Mama to DS 04/23/06reading.gif DD 02/18/09 modifiedartist.gif, 2 dog2.gif, and wife to wonderfuldh_malesling.GIF and adding another baby.gif. Here's my blog: http://nessabean.blogspot.ca/
#2 of 7 Old 01-26-2014, 09:00 PM

Venturing out of my duedate club to say, I can relate ♡. I had my first baby this past summer & constantly imagined all that could go wrong or just not right, its unpredictable &it takes bravery to face the unknown. I still feel that way sometimes as I think of the future ,who I am is changing as I am a mother, shifting priorities around gets into my emotions.
Do you think its pregnancy anxiety? What does that mean to you?
#3 of 7 Old 01-28-2014, 02:26 PM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
I hope everything is perfectly fine with your pregnancy. It could be perfectly normal anxiety. Pregnancy does strange things to us. But I would also encourage you to listen to your gut. If there is something you feel you need to do to make sure everything is fine, go ahead and do it. If you can get some peace of mind, it's worth it.

Married to a wonderful woman since 2010. Baby boy C arrived in June 2013!

Check out our User Agreement.
#4 of 7 Old 01-28-2014, 07:06 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks, yeah I'm just not sure what it is that I need to do to 'check on things'. My dh reminded me that I normally do this freakout bit in the third trimester so maybe this is normal for me? With both my other kids I think it was that they were going to need to be delivered via emergency c-section and we were planning home births. 

Proud Mama to DS 04/23/06reading.gif DD 02/18/09 modifiedartist.gif, 2 dog2.gif, and wife to wonderfuldh_malesling.GIF and adding another baby.gif. Here's my blog: http://nessabean.blogspot.ca/
#5 of 7 Old 01-29-2014, 10:33 AM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
It never hurts to talk to someone, a friend or a therapist. I think prenatal anxiety is very common.

Married to a wonderful woman since 2010. Baby boy C arrived in June 2013!

Check out our User Agreement.
#6 of 7 Old 01-29-2014, 07:29 PM

How are you doing in the vitamin department? I always feel edgy when I am low on iron, or b.vitamins. Dehydration makes me anxious, as does low blood sugar, which I struggle with during pregnancy. So, maybe investigate a physical cause.
#7 of 7 Old 01-30-2014, 05:57 PM - Thread Starter

I need to get my iron and Hgb rechecked. I take a b complex and vit D. but not consistently. Maybe I need to up my probiotics.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page