Early pregnancy, no nausea. Can it be okay? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 11 Old 01-29-2014, 05:08 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I am newly pregnant with my 3rd. 5 weeks,5 days. I have zero nausea. I am really freaking out about this. With my 1st I was nauseous off and on, and vomited twice. My second pregnancy I was nursing and was nauseous 24/7, vomited2-3 Times a week and had horrible food aversions. I keep reading things people's stories and I am just so worried. I haven't miscarried before, and I'm 33. Hopefully someone can dispell my fears. Is this just a variation of normal? I don't want to be so paranoid that I go in for an early ultrasound because of it. Sheesh. I'm glad you mama's are here to talk to, we have' t told anyone yet, so I can't really talk to anyone about it.

Stella, wild and gentle mama to Toby(12/14/04), Cedar(8/17/08), Luca (3/15/14), and one on the way!

#2 of 11 Old 01-29-2014, 05:24 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
I think 5 weeks is still on the early side. Especially for your third. It seemed to kick in later and later with each of mine. Like the longer your pregnant, the more hormones you accumulate. So I think you morning sickness threshold gets stronger with each pregnancy for the most part. I'm sure in a week or two you'll be sick as a dog wink1.gif

bfinfant.gif  Breastfeeding, non-vaxing, homeschooling, baby wearing, cosleeping, non-cic'ing mama to CJsuperhero.gifAGdust.gifJJnono02.gifSDbabyboy.gif  And married my highschool sweetheart lovestory.gif

And expecting #5 in Nov. 2014 heartbeat.gif
#3 of 11 Old 01-29-2014, 05:30 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
I have been PG twice. Once at 34 and once at 41. With a boy and a girl. No nausea either time...ever. It is possible. :-)

Mom to DD heartbeat.gif (04.21.13)   DS blahblah.gif (8 years old) and DSD energy.gif(10 years old) and 2 dog2.gif and 2cat.gif
#4 of 11 Old 01-29-2014, 07:31 PM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Echoing that 5 weeks is a little early for nausea. With my DD I only had nausea if I waited too long to eat. With this kiddo, I had a tiny bit of nausea, but it did not start until I was closer to 7-8 weeks. But mostly no nausea at all. Maybe lucky this time!!?

Sierra, wife to DH , Mama to DD (2012) and DS(2014). In love with my family and hoping for inner .
#5 of 11 Old 01-29-2014, 07:35 PM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)

I was very hungry, tired, and dizzy with mine, nausea came later.

#6 of 11 Old 01-30-2014, 08:02 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Some people don't ever get nausea. I wouldn't really worry unless you have signs of a miscarriage. Symptoms vary from pregnancy to pregnancy! I got nauseous twice with my first and it wasn't even until I was 9 weeks pregnant.

Don't worry!!

~*Have more than you show, speak less than you know*~

#7 of 11 Old 01-30-2014, 08:26 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I think it can definitely be okay.  I am on my 5th pregnancy and have never had too much nausea.  Just extreme food aversions, but no throwing up or much feeling sick.  It may still come for you though!

Jessica, wife to Mark, homeschooling mama to Micah (2006), Noah (2009), Owen (2012) and another on the way this August (20014)
#8 of 11 Old 01-31-2014, 06:43 AM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
@mama2toby I am 6 weeks today with #3 so I think we share and EDD!!! Yeah!!! I have had lots of symptoms and general disgust with food but no MS. I wouldn't worry about not puking yet smile.gif
#9 of 11 Old 01-31-2014, 07:34 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks Ladies.  You words are very encouraging!  I'm starting to feel better about feeling good.  (sounds so ridiculous!)  My challenge so far has just been to relax and enjoy the ride :)  Each pregnancy does present its own unique challenges and lessons, doesn't it?  This one for me is definitely bringing up some self doubt issues and my mild tendency towards anxiety.  I'm thinking that even though we were "trying" a part of me wondered if it was the right choice and wondered if I was really done.  Maybe I'm feeling some guilt about my conflict.  Well the cards have been dealt, and there are still so many lessons in this life to learn...

Stella, wild and gentle mama to Toby(12/14/04), Cedar(8/17/08), Luca (3/15/14), and one on the way!

#10 of 11 Old 02-01-2014, 09:11 AM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)

:yeah I have the same stuff at times (mild anxiety/self doubt)~ I think all mommas do at times.  I can totally identify with your feelings and I did much of the same early on!!  Yoga helps me with anxiety as does getting outside~~ seeing the sun is downright medicinal for me.  Feel better, try to enjoy and :namaste

Sierra, wife to DH , Mama to DD (2012) and DS(2014). In love with my family and hoping for inner .
#11 of 11 Old 02-01-2014, 11:00 AM - Thread Starter

Yes, I went to yoga yesterday after a 3 week break.  It felt soooo good and really helped me mellow down.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page