suger free deit in pregnancy - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 02-06-2014, 11:41 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hey ! I'm 27 and its my second pregnency . In my first pregnancy i had to face complications ma bp remained quite low and mybe i wasnt more serious about my proper deit aswel so in 13 week of ma pregnancy my baby cardic activity stopped so empression was missed abortion.. that's panic anyways dr had told me that it was chance that baby could have diabates so now after 5 months am pregnant again and i to eat suger free but energatic food so that i could keep my BP normal this time . all fruit contain suger and in pregnancy its really hard for me to cut off frm fruit . anyways help me out i m really tense i wont repeat the past . 

pokeyac likes this.
#2 of 2 Old 02-07-2014, 05:32 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)

This past summer I learned some lessons about this, since then our family leans a little Paleo in our way of eating but with a lot of cheats from that lately. First of all starches do harm at least as much as simple sugars too maybe more, so you want low grains and not much white potatoes and corn either. And dairy is high in sugar so you may need to reduce that too. You do have to replace those calories though, so get your protein in and add lots of good quality fats like meat, avocados, olive oil, butter, coconut milk, nuts. This is important, I found when I dropped those starchy foods that left a lot of calories out of my diet, I lost weight like crazy (postpartum and breastfeeding too) I ate and still eat what felt like a lot of very rich food, didn't stop losing weight til I reached what apparently is ideal for me but far less than I thought I should. So you will need to eat even more to grow a baby. The body learns to burn mostly fats instead of carbs after a little bit. After a few days of switching I found I had more energy than ever, I used to get dizzy around 3pm from low blood sugar now I have lasting energy. Eat your vegetables, they have complex sugars, those fuel you longer without a blood sugar spike too plus are full of nutrients you need. Some fruit may be fine for you it you don't overdo it and aren't eating grains, but primarily eat veggies and meats. Eat salads instead of sandwiches, have eggs for breakfast, make all your meals without the grain component or cutting it way down. For snacks and treats, I like nuts, jerky, very dark chocolate, fresh veggies, herbal teas that are already sweet such as mint or licorice. You might try coconut oil based "fat bombs" or "paleo fudge" you make up and keep in the freezer, I haven't done those in a while but during the switch to low carb they are great.

Oh and I always have a low blood pressure too. Eat enough salt to taste and stay hydrated, and if you need an iron supplement keep some around at least for days you feel weak, Floradix tablets are great. It's ok to usually have a low bp but when it dips further and you get weak you need to take care of yourself.

Blessedaani likes this.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page