Anyone get pregnant right after m/c? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 02-07-2014, 01:54 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I found out I'm pregnant immediately following a miscarriage which started Jan 6. I'm now 4 1/2 weeks pregnant! Has this happened to anyone? Please share your story with me! Trying not to obsess, needing some support! love.gif
#2 of 6 Old 02-07-2014, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OregonMoon View Post

I found out I'm pregnant immediately following a miscarriage which started Jan 6. I'm now 4 1/2 weeks pregnant! Has this happened to anyone? Please share your story with me! Trying not to obsess, needing some support! love.gif

I have... With my first pregnancy I had a mc at 7w, and got pg again right away, without AF inbetween. I was super nervous for the first few months, but now he is a healthy, active, awesome 6yo :) 

In Love stillheart.gif with my best friend & mama to three beautiful little boys! stork-suprise.gif Expecting #4 Oct. 2014!
#3 of 6 Old 02-11-2014, 06:50 PM

I have as well- I miscarried in mid sep. at 5.5 weeks and then got pregnant right away- no period in between. I'm actually using my m/c date as my LMP for dating purposes. I hope all goes well for you mama!

~may all beings be free from suffering~
#4 of 6 Old 02-11-2014, 10:15 PM

Congrats on your pregnancy! I'm not sure what you mean by right away but after both of my miscarriages, I got pregnant the first time we tried and those were my 'sucessful' pregnancies. The first was 3 months after my mc because that's how long I had to wait from a bad d and c. She is now a happy 21 month old! The second mc I got pregnant less than 6 weeks after and I am 30 weeks pregant now. So I hope you find comfort and strength! Hugs!

Wife to dh_malesling.GIF ; Mama to A (M/C at 16wks 2011) angel1.gif and love-of-my-life DD M (BORN May 2012) luxlove.gif and S (M/C at 7wks June 2013) angel1.gif and rainbow1284.gif Rainbow Baby due in April 2014 3rdtri.gifjoy.gif
h20homebirth.gifnovaxnocirc.giffly-by-nursing1.giffamilybed1.gif
#5 of 6 Old 02-12-2014, 10:19 AM - Thread Starter

It's nice to hear positive stories of pregnancy right after or soon after m/c. I'm realizing there is no way for me to completely relax at this point. I have ups and downs. Moments of positivity, moments of pessimism. Time will tell. Most stories I hear are of a successful pregnancy following a m/c. I'm hoping that's how this story goes.

SierraBella: You are in my ddc smile.gif Hello!

gitanamama: how is your pregnancy going?

Philothea: thanks for the positive stories. I hope all is very smooth for you from here out.

coolshine.gif
#6 of 6 Old 02-12-2014, 07:08 PM

OregonMoon- I wanted to quote your last post, but my phone is being temperamental. I can very much relate to the ups and downs. I've had 3 m/c all together, so the first trimester is always a challenging time for me emotionally. With this pregnancy, I was also really sick and my emotional state was really low. I had a really hard time feeling excited about the pregnancy at first- I was worried about getting my hopes up and also just plain miserable from the m/s. But I'm coming up to 22 weeks now and finally feeling great! I'm excited and confident and feeling much more connected to the babe.

It sounds like you're doing great- giving yourself permission to feel everything you're feeling and riding the ups and downs. You'll be in my thoughts- sending healthy pregnancy energy your way!

~may all beings be free from suffering~

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page