Pregnant Over 40 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 02-11-2014, 07:14 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Looking for other moms to be in their 40s, whether first time, still going, or moms again.
I'm 42, due with number 6 in August.
Anyone else?

him-- ds 3/91, me -- ds 5/93
us - dd 2/00, ds 8/02, ds 5/07, dd 2/11 & dd 8/14
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-12-2014, 01:51 PM

Mentioned: 209 Post(s)
Quoted: 71 Post(s)
Check this out!http://www.mothering.com/community/t/1392775/any-40-ladies-here
Old 02-12-2014, 02:01 PM - Thread Starter

Thank you. I see that there are a lot of women in their 30s on that thread. I had children in my late 30s as well, at 35 and 39, but have found being in my 40s to be a whole new ball game. I would love to start a group for pregnant women in their 40s, but I don't know how to do that or if it is even possible not being an administrator. Any ideas?

Old 02-12-2014, 05:29 PM

Well you could just join that group or start an other thread in the august due date club forum http://www.mothering.com/community/groups/show/61/august-2014-due-date-club.
Does that help?
Old 02-12-2014, 06:05 PM - Thread Starter

Thank you so much. I wasn't really caring if the over 40 and pregnant were due in August. That's why I posted here. I am part of an over 40 and pregnant group in another website, and there are women at all stages of pregnancy. There are so few of us, it would be difficult to limit it to one month. That group is okay, but they are not Mothering moms, so I was hoping to start a new one here. I apologize if I've done something wrong.
I've been part of a thread of Fabulous Forties TTC for many months. We stick pretty much (kindly) to keeping our group for those of us over 40. I've been there through several pregnancies that ended in loss. This new pregnancy seems to be sticking and it was suggested that someone in our little group might start a thread for those of us graduates. I was trying to take initiative, but it would seem it is not really welcome here.
Again, I do apologize. Can you please direct me to the forum rules so that I might be better prepared and learn how I might properly start a new group? I know it would be welcomed by others as well.
Thanks in advance!

Old 02-12-2014, 06:21 PM

You could make another thread in " I'm pregnant" like this one. http://www.mothering.com/community/t/1050570/tribe-for-pregnant-and-over-35/420
But if you are looking to make a "group" where someone has to join that is another process and I can be back to you as I am making soup right now and my little one just started yelling! Let me know
Old 02-12-2014, 06:41 PM - Thread Starter

You are fabulous! I would love to make a group! I think there are plenty of other women my age having babies that would appreciate such a group. I am in no rush to do so and welcome your guidance. Thank you!

Old 02-12-2014, 07:36 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Me me! :) Loving this pregnancy so much.

Old 02-12-2014, 10:00 PM

Okay,, we have eaten and my 2 year old is in bed whom I had at 41........thumb.gif
Just a thought, maybe you just want to start a thread in " I'm pregnant" because it leaves room for people to keep it active as when you have your baby you may not be inclined to post anymore nor everyone else who has their baby.......... Or you could make it titled( the thread) " Pregnant and over 40 2014 thread" and when it is 2015 someone else could start a new thread and so one. Just an idea as it is much simpler.
But starting a group requires a few things and if you have questions I can do my best to answer. Here http://www.mothering.com/community/t/1327212/social-groups-are-here.
Best!
I will see you around:)
Old 02-12-2014, 10:05 PM - Thread Starter

Yay!
First time mom? Or mom of more? When are you due?
Well perhaps we will be able to start a new group. As it is becoming more common, I truly think such a group would be welcome and well attended.
I have tried the 35 and over groups, but delivering at 43 will be so very different for me at least, that I feel really old when I'm in those groups, lol!
I would love to see this happen here as I've been a Mothering fan since before website forums, 21 years ago when I had my first child. It is really only here that one finds so many more like minded moms, a bit more natural in their choices.
I posted a thread about cloth diapers on another site for instance, and the thread died that day. Lol! That doesn't even begin to discuss birth, vax, circ, cosleeping, baby wearing, etc. Honestly it's not even that those things need another place to be talked about, justwould be nice to have a group that one knows would accept such choices without even needing to discuss them.
I absolutely respect every woman's choices, but have always loved to come home.

Old 02-12-2014, 10:12 PM - Thread Starter

This is where I am confused because I thought that's what I'd done- started a pregnant over 40 thread under "I'm Pregnant".
I apologize for my confusion. I certainly hope it's just these pregnancy hormones and I'm not just losing it.
I will read the link in the morning. Please do advise as to where my thread has ended up... Lol! I didn't realize I was somewhere new!
Sorry, I guess I just got used to elists. I've noticed there are far fewer of those anymore and chat rooms seem to have vanished as well. See, I'm just old!! Eeeps!!!

Old 02-13-2014, 09:07 AM

" That doesn't even begin to discuss birth, vax, circ, cosleeping, baby wearing, etc. Honestly it's not even that those things need another place to be talked about, justwould be nice to have a group that one knows would accept such choices without even needing to discuss them.
I absolutely respect every woman's choices, but have always loved to come home."
I am a little confused about this because those individual forums do respect everyone's opinion. Hummmmm just commenting smile.gif
And you are right, you did start a thread under" I'm pregnant" duh lol I was multitasking last night while doing many other things but wanted to do some work as we are a littlest short handed smile.gif
We'll, see who else comments here and maybe someone else will be able to co lead! Also what happens once you are not pregnant? Will you still be involved with the group? Just asking and brain storming. smile.gif
Old 02-13-2014, 10:41 AM - Thread Starter

I in no way meant to imply that those other forums dealing specifically with those issues were not respectful of everyone's choices.
I apologize. I was just trying to start a pregnancy thread for women over 40. Looking for like minded moms in the same situation to bond with. That's all. I had thought posting a thread here with the title I put would be okay. It even seems that is what you have suggested I do, although it is just what I've done.
?? I am confused as to why this is complicated. However, with this thread going the direction it has gone, it is certainly no longer an inviting place for pregnant women over 40.
Again, I apologize. I thought the forum was open to new threads and I was just trying to start one for us older moms.
Is there a way to delete this thread?

Old 02-13-2014, 11:10 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Not to be a buttinski, but I think you both (Tracyamber and Caritasrainbow) are talking past one another.  For instance, Caritasrainbow, above you were talking about another site altogether and Tracyamber inferred you were talking about other subforums of mothering...

Is the desire for a thread in the vein of the 40+TTC thread, or a "group" for 40+ and pregnant?  I believe the latter is more complicated and would require members to ask to join rather than just anybody being allowed to comment (like I'm doing here :2whistle).

Although I am not eligible yet, I agree that a 40+ only thread or group would be welcome.

me, my man, and our boys (1/08 and 3/11)

Old 02-13-2014, 11:36 AM - Thread Starter

And here is where my confusion sets in. I thought this thread *was* a pregnant over 40 thread... I thought that's what I had done, was started a pregnant over 40 thread in the pregnancy forum.
Then when redirected I thought I must have inadvertently put it in the wrong place.
Maybe a group entitled pregnant and new moms 40+?
At this point I am ready to throw in the towel, at least for today. I feel like I'm walking in circles. I was just looking for other moms (pregnant) over 40. But this thread has turned into more of a discussion about forums than anything else. I know I would not respond to it if I stumbled upon it at this point. Very uninviting. I was looking for introductions that lead to discussion.
Perhaps a group would be better.
I am currently snowed in with five kids, rampant stomach flu, and no plumbing, so I shall revisit this later.

Old 02-13-2014, 12:13 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi Caritasrainbow! 40 and pregnant with (hopefully) baby #7. I will be 9 weeks tomorrow. No OB visits yet, as I don't feel the need to go in until 12 weeks. Six losses have taught me a lot in terms of what can't be done in the 1st trimester greensad.gif. Anyhow, nice to see this thread here. Looking forward to more mamas joining us.

Tabitha ~ devoted wife to my best friend Stephen ribbonyellow.gif and gentle Christian mom to six DSs: notes.gif E - 2/09/00REPlaySkateboard04HL.gifA - 3/05/03superhero.gifA- 6/05/06 guitar.gif H- 2/07/08 jog.gif J - 11/14/10 bouncy.gif T - 8/23/12 + stork-suprise.gif due 9/20/14!  brokenheart.gif DD Janae 10/19/09 angel2.gif
Old 02-13-2014, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by caritasrainbow View Post

And here is where my confusion sets in. I thought this thread *was* a pregnant over 40 thread... I thought that's what I had done, was started a pregnant over 40 thread in the pregnancy forum.
Then when redirected I thought I must have inadvertently put it in the wrong place.
Maybe a group entitled pregnant and new moms 40+?
At this point I am ready to throw in the towel, at least for today. I feel like I'm walking in circles. I was just looking for other moms (pregnant) over 40. But this thread has turned into more of a discussion about forums than anything else. I know I would not respond to it if I stumbled upon it at this point. Very uninviting. I was looking for introductions that lead to discussion.
Perhaps a group would be better.
I am currently snowed in with five kids, rampant stomach flu, and no plumbing, so I shall revisit this later.
I am sorry too! It is hard to read tone in writing. I thought you were saying you wanted to start a "group" and that is why I gave you the link on how to do so and I was trying to offer a dialogue on how to maintain it.
I would start another thread and call it "fantastic 40 an pregnant "or something of the sort so it sounds exciting and I will link your thread in case people come to this thread.@suzywan I think you are right in interpreting the situation. Thanks
Okay sorry for the confusion and I hope you get plumbing soon and just start another thread in"I'm pregnant" and start all over. 3 wonderful mamas have already commented.

Again sorry x 500!
Old 02-13-2014, 07:54 PM - Thread Starter

Hi Soul-o!!
I'm going to start a new thread. Once I do I will post the name here so stay tuned. Nice to see a familiar face! Lol!
Currently I have NO flushing toilets and three kids down with stomach flu, so in a bit of a crisis. Ugh!!

Old 02-13-2014, 08:20 PM - Thread Starter

New thread:
Fabulous Forty Somethings Pregnant
C'mon over!!! ;^)

User Tag List