sudden extremely painful ligament pain at 38 weeks? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 02-18-2014, 01:58 PM - Thread Starter
cww

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I've had some round ligament pain throughout this pregnancy, which has typically come on intermittently while walking but would go away when I rested.  But yesterday it came on pretty strongly when I was walking back from the doctor, and it has been horribly painful ever since.  It has come and gone a bit, but I have literally been unable to walk, even incredibly slowly at times over the last two days, and I have had it continue to hurt like the dickens even when sitting down.  

I spoke to my midwife, and she is not concerned, since I don't have any contractions, signs of bleeding or other discharge, etc.  She said to rest, take tylenol, and use heat, but none of that is really fixing the issue.  She said it probably has something to do with the baby's position, but I'm not sure how to get her to move back to where she was!

I'm about 38 and a half weeks today.  I've thought about trying some baby positioning techniques, in case that could get the baby back into a good position, but even just going on my hands and knees to try to give my hips a rest actually makes the pain much worse.  I was just wondering if anyone else had anything like this and if so, what did you do?  Did it go away on its own?  

DD born at 40w2d on 1/19/2011

EDD for number 2 on 2/28/2014

#2 of 4 Old 02-19-2014, 10:44 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
I did chiropractic throughout my pregnancy and she always adjusted my round ligament. She specialized in pregnancy and was trained in the Webster Technique. It is also supposed to help with the baby's position. Have you checked out the spinningbabies website? They might have some positions to help. I hope you get some relief soon!

Married to a wonderful woman since 2010. Baby boy C arrived in June 2013!

Check out our User Agreement.
#3 of 4 Old 02-21-2014, 09:47 AM - Thread Starter
cww

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

pokeyAC, thanks for the response!  I've been doing both acupuncture and seeing a chiropractor regularly (because of problems with hip pain throughout), but it didn't seem to help with this.  I did try some of the spinning babies positions, but they just seemed to hurt.  For whatever reason it just hurt like the dickens for three days and I could hardly walk, and then it went away.  Now it seems to be ok, although I am pretty nervous about walking anywhere.  I did manage to successful walk to and from the midwife yesterday with no issues.  So maybe the baby was just pressing really hard on a very bad spot for several days?  Very mysterious...  (But I'm so glad the pain is gone and hope it stays away until she arrives!)

DD born at 40w2d on 1/19/2011

EDD for number 2 on 2/28/2014

#4 of 4 Old 02-21-2014, 10:08 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
I'm glad you're feeling better, cww! It sounds like you did everything you could to feel better. I hope you have a great birth!

Married to a wonderful woman since 2010. Baby boy C arrived in June 2013!

Check out our User Agreement.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page