Grad Club: Where the group discussion continues after the ONE thread! - Page 11 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 
 70Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
#301 of 1252 Old 04-09-2014, 11:44 AM - Thread Starter
 
innacircle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Missouri
Posts: 975
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)

Hey!  I love seeing the great news all around!   :love

 

badwolf - seeing that heartbeat is a major milestone.  What a big day for you!

 

NSmom - I don't think your tests could get much darker.  Time to retire your POAS hobby... that can be easier said than done though!

badwolf092087 likes this.
innacircle is offline  
#302 of 1252 Old 04-09-2014, 01:02 PM
 
Harmony96's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Lash-tastic Texas
Posts: 3,113
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Yay badwolf and NS!
badwolf092087 likes this.

Andrea , child of God, wife of Tim , mama of L, B, J, J

I'm a Younique Presenter. Come check it out!!
Want to get paid daily and start earning as soon as 24 hours after sign up? Join my team!
Harmony96 is offline  
#303 of 1252 Old 04-10-2014, 07:39 AM
 
nsmomtobe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: NS, Canada
Posts: 1,176
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)

I called my family doctor today to make an appointment (after waiting to hear back from the reproductive care clinic yesterday to see if I would get special treatment--apparently not). I have a quick appointment with him tomorrow to pick up blood reqs, and then I have to go back on Wed for a PAP test (he likes to give PAP tests at first prenatal appointments), but that is good because he should have the results of the blood work to go over at that point.

 

The reproductive care clinic was clear that they needed the HCG draws 48 hours apart and then, as long as it doubled in that time, my doctor could book me in for an ultrasound at 7-8 weeks. The problem is that the earliest I will get the blood reqs is Friday afternoon. In fact, the local blood collection clinic is closed in the afternoon so I would have to travel to the city to find a blood collection clinic open on a Friday afternoon. Then, of course, all the clinics are closed on the weekend, so I will have to wait until Monday morning to be tested again. Technically, that is more than 48 hours, but we can still calculate doubling time, right? Oh, but I found out with my last pregnancy that there is variability in HCG calculation between labs, so when I go back, will I need to go to the same clinic? I guess I'll ask the doctor when I see him tomorrow. I would rather not wait until Monday to do the blood work; then I would have to go back Wed and my results would probably not be ready in time for my appointment. Also, the longer I wait, the higher the expected doubling time should be.

 

Sorry I'm ranting. I should probably just discuss it with my doctor, but he is actually not very knowledgeable about pregnancy, which is why I was hoping that someone at the reproductive care clinic would offer to see me.


Now mom to a boy born January 2010. 
Cautiously expecting Dec 2014!

 12/08 (6 weeks),  1/13 (11 weeks), &  12/13 (9.5 weeks)
nsmomtobe is online now  
#304 of 1252 Old 04-10-2014, 07:47 AM
 
badwolf092087's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Stamford, CT
Posts: 754
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by NSmomtobe View Post
 

I called my family doctor today to make an appointment (after waiting to hear back from the reproductive care clinic yesterday to see if I would get special treatment--apparently not). I have a quick appointment with him tomorrow to pick up blood reqs, and then I have to go back on Wed for a PAP test (he likes to give PAP tests at first prenatal appointments), but that is good because he should have the results of the blood work to go over at that point.

 

The reproductive care clinic was clear that they needed the HCG draws 48 hours apart and then, as long as it doubled in that time, my doctor could book me in for an ultrasound at 7-8 weeks. The problem is that the earliest I will get the blood reqs is Friday afternoon. In fact, the local blood collection clinic is closed in the afternoon so I would have to travel to the city to find a blood collection clinic open on a Friday afternoon. Then, of course, all the clinics are closed on the weekend, so I will have to wait until Monday morning to be tested again. Technically, that is more than 48 hours, but we can still calculate doubling time, right? Oh, but I found out with my last pregnancy that there is variability in HCG calculation between labs, so when I go back, will I need to go to the same clinic? I guess I'll ask the doctor when I see him tomorrow. I would rather not wait until Monday to do the blood work; then I would have to go back Wed and my results would probably not be ready in time for my appointment. Also, the longer I wait, the higher the expected doubling time should be.

 

Sorry I'm ranting. I should probably just discuss it with my doctor, but he is actually not very knowledgeable about pregnancy, which is why I was hoping that someone at the reproductive care clinic would offer to see me.

It's okay!  I'm guessing you're trying to figure out your betas and making sure you're doubling properly?  If I'm mistaken, I'm sorry.  Why are they putting you through so much when it's their job to make sure you are healthy and producing what the body needs to?


Sarah & DH Alan 
 
Our angel in heaven, DS Connor 10/2/09 to 10/5/09  
2 pups, 8 cats  and always rescuing more!  RIP Momma Furby </3
Baby #2, a GIRL!, due Nov 29th, 2014  

badwolf092087 is online now  
#305 of 1252 Old 04-10-2014, 07:52 AM
 
nsmomtobe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: NS, Canada
Posts: 1,176
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)

Yeah, they want to confirm that I have good doubling time before I can go for an ultrasound is what it sounds like. But I dropped the ball on calling my doctor yesterday and now I can't get the blood reqs until tomorrow afternoon.


Now mom to a boy born January 2010. 
Cautiously expecting Dec 2014!

 12/08 (6 weeks),  1/13 (11 weeks), &  12/13 (9.5 weeks)
nsmomtobe is online now  
#306 of 1252 Old 04-10-2014, 07:57 AM
 
badwolf092087's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Stamford, CT
Posts: 754
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by NSmomtobe View Post
 

Yeah, they want to confirm that I have good doubling time before I can go for an ultrasound is what it sounds like. But I dropped the ball on calling my doctor yesterday and now I can't get the blood reqs until tomorrow afternoon.

That is seriously wrong.  I'm sorry hun.  Is this just a Canada thing?  Or insurance?


Sarah & DH Alan 
 
Our angel in heaven, DS Connor 10/2/09 to 10/5/09  
2 pups, 8 cats  and always rescuing more!  RIP Momma Furby </3
Baby #2, a GIRL!, due Nov 29th, 2014  

badwolf092087 is online now  
#307 of 1252 Old 04-10-2014, 08:05 AM
 
nsmomtobe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: NS, Canada
Posts: 1,176
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)

I guess it's a Canada thing (or Nova Scotia)? I'm actually not sure to which part you are referring. We don't normally get early ultrasounds at all. And my family doctor doesn't routinely check HCG, but he does for me because I ask. Blood reqs from doctors are required for all blood work and clinics are not open on weekends. 


Now mom to a boy born January 2010. 
Cautiously expecting Dec 2014!

 12/08 (6 weeks),  1/13 (11 weeks), &  12/13 (9.5 weeks)
nsmomtobe is online now  
#308 of 1252 Old 04-10-2014, 08:29 AM
 
badwolf092087's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Stamford, CT
Posts: 754
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 58 Post(s)

That's very odd.  Here in the states, they want to get you in for an ultrasound as early as 6/7 weeks.  And they do the blood work with each visit.

 

My US schedule is going to be every 2-3 weeks for the rest of the 1st trimester, every 2 weeks during the 2nd, and every week during the 3rd.  Canada and/or Nova Scotia need to get on that band wagon.


Sarah & DH Alan 
 
Our angel in heaven, DS Connor 10/2/09 to 10/5/09  
2 pups, 8 cats  and always rescuing more!  RIP Momma Furby </3
Baby #2, a GIRL!, due Nov 29th, 2014  

badwolf092087 is online now  
#309 of 1252 Old 04-10-2014, 09:30 AM
 
nsmomtobe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: NS, Canada
Posts: 1,176
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)

At the urging of my coworker, I called back to ask if I could pick up a blood req tonight so that I can go tomorrow morning. The secretary checked with the doctor and said she would leave an HCG quantitative req at the front desk. So yay! (I'm assuming they will be open tonight when I get home, but I will be getting home late.) She said he would decide at the appointment what other blood work I would need when I go back on Monday and whether or not I need a PAP test. In the past, he has always done it at my first prenatal visit, regardless of how long it has been since my last.


Now mom to a boy born January 2010. 
Cautiously expecting Dec 2014!

 12/08 (6 weeks),  1/13 (11 weeks), &  12/13 (9.5 weeks)
nsmomtobe is online now  
#310 of 1252 Old 04-10-2014, 09:50 AM
 
nsmomtobe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: NS, Canada
Posts: 1,176
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by badwolf092087 View Post
 

That's very odd.  Here in the states, they want to get you in for an ultrasound as early as 6/7 weeks.  And they do the blood work with each visit.

 

My US schedule is going to be every 2-3 weeks for the rest of the 1st trimester, every 2 weeks during the 2nd, and every week during the 3rd.  Canada and/or Nova Scotia need to get on that band wagon.

I have heard of great variation within the United States. Honestly, I don't have a problem with how things are done here because there is a standard level of care, with more available for those who need more, and we pay for none of it out of pocket.

 

Overall, I like that they do not overmedicalize pregnancy, although there is room for improvement. It is standard practice to have one ultrasound, which is offered at 20 weeks. With my son, I had an "early" ultrasound at 11 weeks for peace of mind because I had a previous loss. With my last pregnancy as well, an "early" ultrasound was booked for 10 weeks, although it was already apparent I was miscarrying by that point. With this pregnancy, I qualify for an extra early ultrasound at 7-8 weeks. 

 

I do not like the idea of having too many ultrasounds, but at this point for me, the benefits outweigh the costs. For the great majority of women, it is unnecessary, and a burden on the system.

 

As for HCG, it means little to my doctor, but he recognizes that it means something to me and to the reproductive care clinic. I am just disappointed that they are expecting me to follow up with him instead of with them.


Now mom to a boy born January 2010. 
Cautiously expecting Dec 2014!

 12/08 (6 weeks),  1/13 (11 weeks), &  12/13 (9.5 weeks)
nsmomtobe is online now  
#311 of 1252 Old 04-10-2014, 10:09 AM
 
badwolf092087's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Stamford, CT
Posts: 754
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by NSmomtobe View Post
 

I have heard of great variation within the United States. Honestly, I don't have a problem with how things are done here because there is a standard level of care, with more available for those who need more, and we pay for none of it out of pocket.

 

Overall, I like that they do not overmedicalize pregnancy, although there is room for improvement. It is standard practice to have one ultrasound, which is offered at 20 weeks. With my son, I had an "early" ultrasound at 11 weeks for peace of mind because I had a previous loss. With my last pregnancy as well, an "early" ultrasound was booked for 10 weeks, although it was already apparent I was miscarrying by that point. With this pregnancy, I qualify for an extra early ultrasound at 7-8 weeks. 

 

I do not like the idea of having too many ultrasounds, but at this point for me, the benefits outweigh the costs. For the great majority of women, it is unnecessary, and a burden on the system.

 

As for HCG, it means little to my doctor, but he recognizes that it means something to me and to the reproductive care clinic. I am just disappointed that they are expecting me to follow up with him instead of with them.

20 weeks is still such a stretch that would mentally kill me.  Thankfully you were able to get one at 11 weeks with your son.  And I personally think it's great you'll get an early ultrasound this time.

 

While the ultrasounds I'm getting might be a lot, it's also with good reasoning.  And we are having a few more because of the new genetic testing things they are doing..  From what my insurance and OB both said, my OB doesn't make more or less money based off how many ultrasounds I get or how many appointments I go to.  He gets paid the same amount after I've delivered our baby.

 

I'm trying to understand why HCG means little to your doctor.  It's kind of important, to say the least.  And I'm sorry you have to do the following up yourself.  Like I said before, it's completely unfair to you.  <3


Sarah & DH Alan 
 
Our angel in heaven, DS Connor 10/2/09 to 10/5/09  
2 pups, 8 cats  and always rescuing more!  RIP Momma Furby </3
Baby #2, a GIRL!, due Nov 29th, 2014  

badwolf092087 is online now  
#312 of 1252 Old 04-10-2014, 10:51 AM
 
dmariev's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Tracy, CA
Posts: 655
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Re-post from the One Thread

I'm on my phone, so this is just a quick reply. I haven't been feeling very positive lately, so I haven't been posting much. I didn't want to spread any negativity.
The doc just messaged me and said that my beta from Monday was 15,989. That would put me at 6w2d from lmp, or about 5w6d from when I think I ovulated. Hopefully I will hear back today about yesterday's draw.
Thank you for thinking of me, ladies.
Will be back later for personals.

SAHM (32)  Married to a bearded hunk (28) , DS  11/00, DD  06/09, two  in 2013,the final piece to our puzzle   is due 12/14
dmariev is offline  
#313 of 1252 Old 04-10-2014, 01:28 PM - Thread Starter
 
innacircle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Missouri
Posts: 975
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)

dmariev - I'm having a hard time following your time estimate! 

Your LMP as 6w2d ago? 

If you ovulated 5w6d ago... you ovulated on CD3 (3 days post start of your LMP)?  This doesn't sound right.

On what cycle day did you ovulate?

 

This is just generalizing, but if your LMP was 44 days ago (6w2d) and the average person ovulates on CD 14, then that'd put you around 30dpo.  Is this in the ballpark?

innacircle is offline  
#314 of 1252 Old 04-10-2014, 02:49 PM
 
dmariev's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Tracy, CA
Posts: 655
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by innacircle View Post

dmariev - I'm having a hard time following your time estimate! 
Your LMP as 6w2d ago? 
If you ovulated 5w6d ago... you ovulated on CD3 (3 days post start of your LMP)?  This doesn't sound right.
On what cycle day did you ovulate?

This is just generalizing, but if your LMP was 44 days ago (6w2d) and the average person ovulates on CD 14, then that'd put you around 30dpo.  Is this in the ballpark?

I'm sorry, I don't think my brain is working properly lately dizzy.gif
my lmp was 2/22/14. I think I ovulated on cd 18.

My doc just messaged with yesterday's results, 30,800. I think I might be able to relax a little now.
badwolf092087 and Kita4 like this.

SAHM (32)  Married to a bearded hunk (28) , DS  11/00, DD  06/09, two  in 2013,the final piece to our puzzle   is due 12/14
dmariev is offline  
#315 of 1252 Old 04-10-2014, 02:58 PM - Thread Starter
 
innacircle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Missouri
Posts: 975
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmariev View Post
I'm sorry, I don't think my brain is working properly lately dizzy.gif
my lmp was 2/22/14. I think I ovulated on cd 18.

My doc just messaged with yesterday's results, 30,800. I think I might be able to relax a little now.


OK, first of all, awesome doubling!  Yes, that's a huge dose of relaxin right there...

Your timing makes more sense now - I know it can be tricky since there are about 10 ways to describe how far along you are. 

innacircle is offline  
#316 of 1252 Old 04-10-2014, 07:04 PM
 
nsmomtobe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: NS, Canada
Posts: 1,176
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by badwolf092087 View Post
 

20 weeks is still such a stretch that would mentally kill me.  Thankfully you were able to get one at 11 weeks with your son.  And I personally think it's great you'll get an early ultrasound this time.

 

While the ultrasounds I'm getting might be a lot, it's also with good reasoning.  And we are having a few more because of the new genetic testing things they are doing..  From what my insurance and OB both said, my OB doesn't make more or less money based off how many ultrasounds I get or how many appointments I go to.  He gets paid the same amount after I've delivered our baby.

 

I'm trying to understand why HCG means little to your doctor.  It's kind of important, to say the least.  And I'm sorry you have to do the following up yourself.  Like I said before, it's completely unfair to you.  <3

I know. As laid back as I was during my first pregnancy (and my third, for that matter), I don't know how I could have made it to 20 weeks. Because of my history, an early ultrasound (or two) is necessary for me to ensure that the pregnancy is progressing. I don't think my genetic testing options are the same as yours, but I will get additional blood work to screen for abnormalities because I am 35 (I'm not sure whether it would be offered otherwise based on my loss history). The doctor doesn't do the ultrasound so he doesn't get paid for that but he does get paid for each appointment I attend, and the ultrasound has costs associated with it too.

 

I don't know why HCG means so little to my doctor, but since he is a general practitioner, he is not very knowledgeable about pregnancy in general. I told him during my last pregnancy that I would want to see someone with more experience than him for my next pregnancy and he said he'd try to refer me to someone. I thought I lucked out when the RE approached me in the hospital before my D&C. For some reason I thought she said that she would follow me during my next pregnancy. Then when I saw her last month to go over blood work, she mentioned I "would be followed by an OB" during my next pregnancy (rather than saying by her). She told me to notify my family doctor when I got pregnant again, and I was told the same thing by her clinic when I called her in order to bypass my family doctor. So maybe tomorrow we will talk about referral options. 

 

I have the req now so I can go in the morning and maybe even get my results in the afternoon. Then I will go on Monday, which is still more than 48 hours, but if that's a problem, I could always go a third time, on Wed. But seriously, there are calculators for doubling time, so they don't have to be taken exactly 48 hours apart, right? Also, if the initial level is above 1200, then up to 72 hours is an acceptable doubling time. Technically, I could have ovulated anywhere between CD17 and CD20, so there is a wide variation in possible beta levels, but I will be 4w4d by LMP. 

 

ETA: Here is my chart http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/90c5f


Now mom to a boy born January 2010. 
Cautiously expecting Dec 2014!

 12/08 (6 weeks),  1/13 (11 weeks), &  12/13 (9.5 weeks)
nsmomtobe is online now  
#317 of 1252 Old 04-10-2014, 07:05 PM
 
nsmomtobe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: NS, Canada
Posts: 1,176
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmariev View Post


I'm sorry, I don't think my brain is working properly lately dizzy.gif
my lmp was 2/22/14. I think I ovulated on cd 18.

My doc just messaged with yesterday's results, 30,800. I think I might be able to relax a little now.

I  replied to you in the other thread, but you numbers are awesome!


Now mom to a boy born January 2010. 
Cautiously expecting Dec 2014!

 12/08 (6 weeks),  1/13 (11 weeks), &  12/13 (9.5 weeks)
nsmomtobe is online now  
#318 of 1252 Old 04-10-2014, 07:18 PM
 
badwolf092087's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Stamford, CT
Posts: 754
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by NSmomtobe View Post

I know. As laid back as I was during my first pregnancy (and my third, for that matter), I don't know how I could have made it to 20 weeks. Because of my history, an early ultrasound (or two) is necessary for me to ensure that the pregnancy is progressing. I don't think my genetic testing options are the same as yours, but I will get additional blood work to screen for abnormalities because I am 35 (I'm not sure whether it would be offered otherwise based on my loss history). The doctor doesn't do the ultrasound but he does get paid for each appointment I attend, and the ultrasound has costs associated with it too.

I don't know why HCG means so little to my doctor, but since he is a general practitioner, he is not very knowledgeable about pregnancy in general. I told him during my last pregnancy that I would want to see someone with more experience than him for my next pregnancy and he said he'd try to refer me to someone. I thought I lucked out when the RE approached me in the hospital before my D&C. For some reason I thought she said that she would follow me during my next pregnancy. Then when I saw her last month to go over blood work, she mentioned I "would be followed by an OB" during my next pregnancy (rather than saying by her). She told me to notify my family doctor when I got pregnant again, and I was told the same thing by her clinic when I called her in order to bypass my family doctor. So maybe tomorrow we will talk about referral options. 

I have the req now so I can go in the morning and maybe even get my results in the afternoon. Then I will go on Monday, which is still more than 48 hours, but if that's a problem, I could always go a third time, on Wed. But seriously, there are calculators for doubling time, so they don't have to be taken exactly 48 hours apart, right? Also, if the initial level is above 1200, then up to 72 hours is an acceptable doubling time. Technically, I could have ovulated anywhere between CD17 and CD20, so there is a wide variation in possible beta levels, but I will be 4w4d by LMP. 

I think that's a good set of days to track doubling. At least based off what I've read. And hopefully they'll give you answers immediately and not put you through the waiting game. My fingers are crossed for you, and let's hope for some good numbers!

Sarah & DH Alan 
 
Our angel in heaven, DS Connor 10/2/09 to 10/5/09  
2 pups, 8 cats  and always rescuing more!  RIP Momma Furby </3
Baby #2, a GIRL!, due Nov 29th, 2014  

badwolf092087 is online now  
#319 of 1252 Old 04-10-2014, 07:21 PM
 
badwolf092087's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Stamford, CT
Posts: 754
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmariev View Post

I'm sorry, I don't think my brain is working properly lately dizzy.gif
my lmp was 2/22/14. I think I ovulated on cd 18.

My doc just messaged with yesterday's results, 30,800. I think I might be able to relax a little now.

I'm so happy for these numbers. Next is the ultrasound to find out if you're November 29th or December 2nd. Be my due date twin! Haha! Congrats again. smile.gif

Sarah & DH Alan 
 
Our angel in heaven, DS Connor 10/2/09 to 10/5/09  
2 pups, 8 cats  and always rescuing more!  RIP Momma Furby </3
Baby #2, a GIRL!, due Nov 29th, 2014  

badwolf092087 is online now  
#320 of 1252 Old 04-11-2014, 05:26 AM
 
nsmomtobe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: NS, Canada
Posts: 1,176
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)

So I was doing the math in my head, and if betas double in 2 days, they should triple in 3 days, right?

 

For example, if HCG=100 on Day 1, it should be at least 200 two days later on Day 3. Then that would double to 400 by day 5.

That means on Day 4 (3 days after Day 1) it should be between 200 and 400, so around 300, or 3x the original amount. Right?

 

Of course, that is the minimum for under 1200. Over 1200, it can take up to 3 days to double, and over 6000 it can take 4 days or more.


Now mom to a boy born January 2010. 
Cautiously expecting Dec 2014!

 12/08 (6 weeks),  1/13 (11 weeks), &  12/13 (9.5 weeks)
nsmomtobe is online now  
#321 of 1252 Old 04-11-2014, 07:02 AM - Thread Starter
 
innacircle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Missouri
Posts: 975
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)

NSmom - That looks about right to me with your doubling calculation.  There are also plenty of doubling calculators online where you input your initial result and time test was taken, then again that info for your 2nd test. 

innacircle is offline  
#322 of 1252 Old 04-11-2014, 10:32 AM
 
Harmony96's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Lash-tastic Texas
Posts: 3,113
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by innacircle View Post

NSmom - That looks about right to me with your doubling calculation.  There are also plenty of doubling calculators online where you input your initial result and time test was taken, then again that info for your 2nd test. 

Yeah, that. Here's a good calculator. http://www.countdowntopregnancy.com/tools/beta_doubling_calculator.php

Andrea , child of God, wife of Tim , mama of L, B, J, J

I'm a Younique Presenter. Come check it out!!
Want to get paid daily and start earning as soon as 24 hours after sign up? Join my team!
Harmony96 is offline  
#323 of 1252 Old 04-11-2014, 11:53 AM
 
nsmomtobe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: NS, Canada
Posts: 1,176
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)

627 today at around 16 DPO.

badwolf092087 likes this.

Now mom to a boy born January 2010. 
Cautiously expecting Dec 2014!

 12/08 (6 weeks),  1/13 (11 weeks), &  12/13 (9.5 weeks)
nsmomtobe is online now  
#324 of 1252 Old 04-11-2014, 12:24 PM
 
badwolf092087's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Stamford, CT
Posts: 754
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by NSmomtobe View Post
 

627 today at around 16 DPO.

I like that number.  :)

(Coming from someone who knows zip about betas)


Sarah & DH Alan 
 
Our angel in heaven, DS Connor 10/2/09 to 10/5/09  
2 pups, 8 cats  and always rescuing more!  RIP Momma Furby </3
Baby #2, a GIRL!, due Nov 29th, 2014  

badwolf092087 is online now  
#325 of 1252 Old 04-11-2014, 12:29 PM
 
badwolf092087's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Stamford, CT
Posts: 754
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 58 Post(s)

My next ultrasound is April 30th, and I get to meet one of my backup delivery doctors.  My OB is in a practice with 3 other doctors, and I have to get to know all of them if for some reason mine can't be there.  And then on May 13th it's the 1st genetic test screening thing.  It's the family history interview and their special ultrasound.  So many things in so little time.  Ahhhh!


Sarah & DH Alan 
 
Our angel in heaven, DS Connor 10/2/09 to 10/5/09  
2 pups, 8 cats  and always rescuing more!  RIP Momma Furby </3
Baby #2, a GIRL!, due Nov 29th, 2014  

badwolf092087 is online now  
#326 of 1252 Old 04-11-2014, 03:04 PM - Thread Starter
 
innacircle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Missouri
Posts: 975
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)

NSmom - Yay that's a really strong hcg!  I can't wait to see your Monday test... and how great that the results were available so quickly.  Looking good!

 

badwolf - I know that sounds fast (doc appts, screening, etc.) but when you're sick and feeling like a slug the time will seem to be a lot longer!  Hopefully you don't have that experience but that's how it felt to me... or maybe it was just that way bc of the endless winter. :angry

innacircle is offline  
#327 of 1252 Old 04-11-2014, 03:41 PM
 
badwolf092087's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Stamford, CT
Posts: 754
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by innacircle View Post
 

NSmom - Yay that's a really strong hcg!  I can't wait to see your Monday test... and how great that the results were available so quickly.  Looking good!

 

badwolf - I know that sounds fast (doc appts, screening, etc.) but when you're sick and feeling like a slug the time will seem to be a lot longer!  Hopefully you don't have that experience but that's how it felt to me... or maybe it was just that way bc of the endless winter. :angry

I really hope I don't get hit with the spring hay fever.  He won't let me take my allergy meds until 2nd trimester, possibly.  And because I have extremely bad ones, my OB is looking into alternative methods in the mean time.  Blah.  At least on May 22nd, 1st trimester will be over and we can hopefully see what gender the baby is.  DH is counting down the days.  And I'm counting how high up my pants size has gone.

 

How are you feeling?


Sarah & DH Alan 
 
Our angel in heaven, DS Connor 10/2/09 to 10/5/09  
2 pups, 8 cats  and always rescuing more!  RIP Momma Furby </3
Baby #2, a GIRL!, due Nov 29th, 2014  

badwolf092087 is online now  
#328 of 1252 Old 04-12-2014, 03:36 PM
 
maof1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 191
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Hi all. I figured I would join this group as I got an early BFP on 8 and 10 DPO.
Congratulations on everyone's BFP's.

Has anyone had their BBs sore for a week, like really SORE and then NOTHING? like barely tender. Sorry for the over share.
maof1 is online now  
#329 of 1252 Old 04-12-2014, 06:07 PM
 
badwolf092087's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Stamford, CT
Posts: 754
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by maof1 View Post

Hi all. I figured I would join this group as I got an early BFP on 8 and 10 DPO.
Congratulations on everyone's BFP's.

Has anyone had their BBs sore for a week, like really SORE and then NOTHING? like barely tender. Sorry for the over share.

There's no such thing as an overshare.  I don't know if I congratulated you on the One thread, but just in case, CONGRATS!  :)

 

I've had the boobs go super sore to normal to sore and itchy.  It all depends on the time and day.  Are you taking prenatals yet?


Sarah & DH Alan 
 
Our angel in heaven, DS Connor 10/2/09 to 10/5/09  
2 pups, 8 cats  and always rescuing more!  RIP Momma Furby </3
Baby #2, a GIRL!, due Nov 29th, 2014  

badwolf092087 is online now  
#330 of 1252 Old 04-12-2014, 06:45 PM
 
edubluv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Oregon
Posts: 270
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by maof1 View Post

Hi all. I figured I would join this group as I got an early BFP on 8 and 10 DPO.
Congratulations on everyone's BFP's.

Has anyone had their BBs sore for a week, like really SORE and then NOTHING? like barely tender. Sorry for the over share.

My 2.5 yo still nurses and my BBs are really sore when he does but I don't notice it otherwise.

Me , DH , DS 11/11, M/C 08/13 , #2 EDD 10/11/14 
edubluv is online now  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Drag and Drop File Upload
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



User Tag List
jenjy

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off