Grad Club: Where the group discussion continues after the ONE thread! - Page 12 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 
 70Likes

#331 of 1252 Old 04-12-2014, 08:41 PM

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by badwolf092087 View Post

There's no such thing as an overshare.  I don't know if I congratulated you on the One thread, but just in case, CONGRATS!  smile.gif

I've had the boobs go super sore to normal to sore and itchy.  It all depends on the time and day.  Are you taking prenatals yet?

I am taking prenatals. It was just odd to go nearly an entire day of practically NO symptoms... I know it's still early and most don't get MS until week six but I are this morning and probably half an hour later nearly vomited. And as I lay in bed typing this I am cramping (well, what feels similar to cramping) in that general area along with a bad headache. Hoping the headache goes away soon.
Badwolf: grata on your BFP as well.
#332 of 1252 Old 04-13-2014, 03:08 AM

Mentioned: 57 Post(s)
Quoted: 67 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by badwolf092087 View Post

That's very odd.  Here in the states, they want to get you in for an ultrasound as early as 6/7 weeks.  And they do the blood work with each visit.

My US schedule is going to be every 2-3 weeks for the rest of the 1st trimester, every 2 weeks during the 2nd, and every week during the 3rd.  Canada and/or Nova Scotia need to get on that band wagon.
This is not true for all Drs. I don't get blood work done every time when I've been pregnant. Only a few visits. Everyone does not do early ultrasounds either. With my first pregnancy I did not have an early one!

DH 31; Me 30; DD 5; DS 1; Baby due Dec 17th
#333 of 1252 Old 04-13-2014, 04:07 AM

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Quoted: 60 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by apeydef View Post

This is not true for all Drs. I don't get blood work done every time when I've been pregnant. Only a few visits. Everyone does not do early ultrasounds either. With my first pregnancy I did not have an early one!

It's a thing now because of Obamacare. And as much as my husband and I hate the new health system, he likes the heavy moderating they're doing with the baby. And in my state, they do more blood tests now because of their new drug test policy. During my first pregnancy, I had five ultrasounds. And the first wasn't even to check for a baby. My doc thought I had a syst. Five years changes a lot. At least here it did.

Sarah & DH Alan 

Our angel in heaven, DS Connor 10/2/09 to 10/5/09  
2 pups, 8 cats  and always rescuing more!  RIP Momma Furby </3
Baby #2, a GIRL!, due Nov 29th, 2014  

#334 of 1252 Old 04-13-2014, 04:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maof1 View Post

I am taking prenatals. It was just odd to go nearly an entire day of practically NO symptoms... I know it's still early and most don't get MS until week six but I are this morning and probably half an hour later nearly vomited. And as I lay in bed typing this I am cramping (well, what feels similar to cramping) in that general area along with a bad headache. Hoping the headache goes away soon.

I've had one real run in with MS so far. The rest has been a feeling. I've got mostly exhaustion, hunger and boob pain. The early cramping lasted about a week, but it was great reassurance that the baby was getting comfy. I'm week 7, bug I don't think my MS will really hit for another couple of weeks.

Sarah & DH Alan 

#335 of 1252 Old 04-13-2014, 04:52 AM

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Well, ladies it looks like I'm out. My tests have gotten lighter over the last 36 hours. This morning's was a bfn and I'm cramping and bleeding.

I don't know that I will go over to the TTC thread since I was not very well received there.

Thank you to all that welcomed me.
#336 of 1252 Old 04-13-2014, 05:17 AM

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)

Oh no, Eden! I'm so sorry!

I think you will be okay with the ONE thread as long as you introduce yourself first. Most people were welcoming. Rosie has always been very vocal about the fact that somebody's FIRST post in a TTC thread should not be a BFP announcement. I would recommend the TTC after loss thread, but she is there too. I think she can be a great support for you, as she is for everyone else, but you just have to get off to a better start. I believe it is not too late to get off to a good start.

Take care of yourself and I hope to see you back soon!

Now mom to a boy born January 2010. 
Cautiously expecting Dec 2014!

12/08 (6 weeks),  1/13 (11 weeks), &  12/13 (9.5 weeks)
#337 of 1252 Old 04-13-2014, 07:12 AM

So sorry Eden. I too have had that happen to me. Rosie is a sweet person. She too has been through a lot. I agree with NS. Go to the TTC after loss and introduce yourself there. I'm sure you will be welcomed. Hope to see you back soon.
#338 of 1252 Old 04-13-2014, 07:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdenAurora View Post

Well, ladies it looks like I'm out. My tests have gotten lighter over the last 36 hours. This morning's was a bfn and I'm cramping and bleeding.

I don't know that I will go over to the TTC thread since I was not very well received there.

Thank you to all that welcomed me.

Sorry for you loss.  :(  Hope you're back soon!

Definitely go back over there, but with an introduction.  Some members get super sensitive if you kinda jump on in and have the happy news they want.  But on the other hand, they are super supportive and some of the more understanding ladies you'll find.  And there's the TTC after loss thread too.  Both are great.  <3

Sarah & DH Alan 

#339 of 1252 Old 04-13-2014, 09:34 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)

badwolf - You certainly will be well monitored.  That's way more than the average!  Sounds like lots of changes for the better with your new medical system - I haven't heard much positive about Obamacare effects so the fact that you are benefiting is exciting!

To answer your question, at 20wk6d I'm feeling pretty darned good.  I barely have a bump but am more barrely looking than my norm... I suspect that is changing this week though bc I feel a lot of pressure outward in my lower abdomen like I'm about to pop.  I also feel like my a$$ is huge and is taking on a life of its own.  Ugh.

Energy comes and goes, but it's sooo much better than the 1st 15 weeks.  I try to make exercise a priority so some of the other things I would do that use up energy (like housework) tend to go by the wayside a bit.  Oh well, I'm over it.  shrug.gif

maofl - Welcome and congrats!  I've had intermittent disappearance of symptoms, sometimes for a couple of days at a time.  I sure don't miss that early cramping feeling!

When is your due date... must be some time in December?

Eden - Oh no... I'm so sorry about your mc.  :(

Don't fear the TTC thread - it can have its ups and downs and personality clashes like anywhere else.  The biggest key to all of it is to jump in and show and interest in others (by not being bashful to post) and you'll fit right in.  I was on that thread for close to 3 months waiting for my BFP after a mc.  There are also some other groups on MDC for TTC after a loss.  I hope you find your way back here soon.  Hugs :Hug

#340 of 1252 Old 04-13-2014, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by innacircle View Post

badwolf - You certainly will be well monitored.  That's way more than the average!  Sounds like lots of changes for the better with your new medical system - I haven't heard much positive about Obamacare effects so the fact that you are benefiting is exciting!
To answer your question, at 20wk6d I'm feeling pretty darned good.  I barely have a bump but am more barrely looking than my norm... I suspect that is changing this week though bc I feel a lot of pressure outward in my lower abdomen like I'm about to pop.  I also feel like my a$$ is huge and is taking on a life of its own.  Ugh.
Energy comes and goes, but it's sooo much better than the 1st 15 weeks.  I try to make exercise a priority so some of the other things I would do that use up energy (like housework) tend to go by the wayside a bit.  Oh well, I'm over it.  shrug.gif

maofl - Welcome and congrats!  I've had intermittent disappearance of symptoms, sometimes for a couple of days at a time.  I sure don't miss that early cramping feeling!
When is your due date... must be some time in December?

Eden - Oh no... I'm so sorry about your mc.  greensad.gif
Don't fear the TTC thread - it can have its ups and downs and personality clashes like anywhere else.  The biggest key to all of it is to jump in and show and interest in others (by not being bashful to post) and you'll fit right in.  I was on that thread for close to 3 months waiting for my BFP after a mc.  There are also some other groups on MDC for TTC after a loss.  I hope you find your way back here soon.  Hugs hug2.gif

If I am able to sustain this pregnancy I will be due the 23rd of December. I had a MC on December 22nd of this past year. Wishing this headache would go away... My BBS are still not as sore as they have been but my nipples are über sensitive again... The crampy feeling is coming and going but the gas is still going strong. Haha! Poor SO this morning about fell out of the bed laughing at me 😂
How is your pregnancy going Inna? Have you found out the gender yet?

Edited just because... Well the sore boobs have come back! I could almost say with a vengeance! yikes2.gif Headache finally went away with a little caffeine... I know I shouldn't have it but it was the only way to get rid of it without the use of pills... I had 3/4 of a 16oz bottle of Dr. Pepper, and have had some tea... AF is due to hit Tuesday... we'll see how that turns out with a BFP on 8DPO and another a little darker on 10DPO... waiting to buy anymore tests until tomorrow... Good luck everyone!
#341 of 1252 Old 04-13-2014, 05:02 PM

May I join ladies! I feel confident bc I had such a dark line! I am about 4 weeks 4 days
badwolf092087 likes this.

#342 of 1252 Old 04-13-2014, 05:04 PM

Quote:

May I join ladies! I feel confident bc I had such a dark line! I am about 4 weeks 4 days

Of course! Congratulations again on your super dark BFP! When are you due? 

#343 of 1252 Old 04-13-2014, 05:18 PM

Quote:

Congrats!  So happy you're here.  :D

Sarah & DH Alan 

#344 of 1252 Old 04-13-2014, 06:21 PM

Quote:

I haven't had much in the way of pregnancy symptoms at all. Occasional cramping/gassy sensations that make me worry it is all over (but usually just means I have to go to the bathroom), and occasionally ravenous hunger. I have been waking up early in the mornings and not been able to get back to sleep, so I go pee, and then sometimes I find myself to hungry to go back to sleep. Other times I just can't get comfortable. I guess insomnia is a pregnancy symptom. No morning sickness. I am glad your headache went away.

Quote:

I think 21 weeks is about average for when women start to look pregnant (rather than like they are just putting on weight) with a first baby. I've heard it happens earlier with subsequent babies.

Quote:

Congratulations, apeydef! I don't think I've ever seen a line that dark before. I guess it pays to wait before testing.

#345 of 1252 Old 04-13-2014, 06:53 PM

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by NSmomtobe View Post

Oh no, Eden! I'm so sorry!

I think you will be okay with the ONE thread as long as you introduce yourself first. Most people were welcoming. Rosie has always been very vocal about the fact that somebody's FIRST post in a TTC thread should not be a BFP announcement. I would recommend the TTC after loss thread, but she is there too. I think she can be a great support for you, as she is for everyone else, but you just have to get off to a better start. I believe it is not too late to get off to a good start.

Take care of yourself and I hope to see you back soon!

Yeah, that. :hugs:

Quote:

Congratulations!

Andrea , child of God, wife of Tim , mama of L, B, J, J

I'm a Younique Presenter. Come check it out!!
Want to get paid daily and start earning as soon as 24 hours after sign up? Join my team!
#346 of 1252 Old 04-13-2014, 07:19 PM

Thanks ladies! I only tested bc AF was late. We had decided to wait until fall to try and were taking precautions. Well I guess that didn't work out lol! I can't believe how dark the line is! It's almost darker than the control! I'm guessing I'm about 16 days past ovulation.

#347 of 1252 Old 04-13-2014, 08:18 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:

Thanks ladies! I only tested bc AF was late. We had decided to wait until fall to try and were taking precautions. Well I guess that didn't work out lol! I can't believe how dark the line is! It's almost darker than the control! I'm guessing I'm about 16 days past ovulation.

apeydef - that is just awesome.  You def earned it and I'm glad you're here!

#348 of 1252 Old 04-14-2014, 03:06 AM

Quote:

Of course! Congratulations again on your super dark BFP! When are you due? 
EDD is dec 17th. I always wait until I'm farther along to go to the Dr. So I won't know for sure yet but that's what a couple sites gave me as due date!

#349 of 1252 Old 04-14-2014, 05:35 AM

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quote:

Congrats lady! Glad you are here!

Me , DH , DS 11/11, M/C 08/13 , #2 EDD 10/11/14 
#350 of 1252 Old 04-14-2014, 05:56 AM

Quote:

EDD is dec 17th. I always wait until I'm farther along to go to the Dr. So I won't know for sure yet but that's what a couple sites gave me as due date!

That's what I think mine is based on when I ovulated.

Of course the doctor will use LMP and give me a date a few days earlier.

Surprisingly, he did not get out the calendar wheel during my appointment. He was very hands off overall. He said I didn't need a Pap test since I had one within the past 6 months (November) and I didn't need blood work since I had most of it done less than 3 months ago (Feb), so he just gave me a couple more HCG reqs. I went this morning and will go again on Wed. I will probably not find out this morning's number until Wed. Again, they don't mean anything to him, but he told me that I know more about HCG than anyone else he knows. The only bad thing about his refusal to get out the wheel was that when he wrote the ultrasound referral, he put "8 weeks, May 10." I said, "May 10th is the end of 8 weeks. You mean BEFORE May 10th, right?" He said, "No, May 10th should be 8 weeks (or close enough)... LMP was Mar 10, so April 10 is 4 weeks and May 10 is 8 weeks." That would work if every month had 28 days. Oh well. I might be waiting until 9 weeks for my ultrasound. My doctor was just as confused as I was about who was going to be following my pregnancy (the Reproductive Care Centre told me to talk to him about it). However, I did get a message from my RE over the weekend, congratulating me on my news and saying something about setting up an ultrasound between 6-8 weeks. I couldn't tell from the message whether she would set it up or she was telling me to. Either way, I'm covered, but if she sets it up, I'll get in sooner.

#351 of 1252 Old 04-14-2014, 06:45 AM

I'm not going to the dr until 10-12 weeks and probably won't have an ultra sound until they do a gender test. I have a very high deductible and I'm going to have to pay for every visit and most if the birth. I didn't go to my first visit with my last until I was 10 weeks.

#352 of 1252 Old 04-14-2014, 06:46 AM

I always go by LMP bc that's what the Dr goes by.

#353 of 1252 Old 04-14-2014, 07:58 AM

Quote:

I'm not going to the dr until 10-12 weeks and probably won't have an ultra sound until they do a gender test. I have a very high deductible and I'm going to have to pay for every visit and most if the birth. I didn't go to my first visit with my last until I was 10 weeks.
Wow. I don't think I could handle that. Good luck Hun and hope everything goes well for you.
AFM... Just had my first actual bout of MS this morning... And I still feel HORRIBLE. Can't lay down though. Helping my SO's granny clean the house for Easter this weekend. No one in the family knows anything about it except my mom. She knows. Thankfully she has been super supportive since I had my MC. Back to cleaning. I just took a small break. 😷
#354 of 1252 Old 04-14-2014, 09:09 AM - Thread Starter

maofl - get ready for your activity level to switch to 90% break, 10% productivity.  It sucks but that was reality for me and most of my DDC for at least a month! 

NSmom - sounds like the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing as far as your doctors go!  Fortunately it's early and you have time to get it all figured out.

apeydef - did you mention before that you pay boatloads for your insurance?  Sounds like medical care is just flat out a money pit for you.  Sorry lady - that stinks!

AFM:  21 weeks today and will be headed to my first prenatal yoga class at the hospital (it's the same one where my doc is located, where I'll be giving birth, and also where I did some of my nursing clinicals).  Should be interesting bc I'm def not feeling flexible anymore.  So far my pg exercise regimen has been almost exclusively walking... ~5 miles 3-5 times per week. 

We are very close to getting the nursery done (well, mostly done).  We've gotta finish the chair rail.  The closet is going to wait a bit bc we have an adjoining room and bath that I want to move over and work on while I'm still feeling good enough to do so.  Then once the basics of both rooms and bath are done, DH can do the man-jobs like closet carpentry.  I'm not really needed for that so I figured we'd skip it right now.  Got to prioritize!!

#355 of 1252 Old 04-14-2014, 09:56 AM

@innacircle I love your enthusiasm! It's contagious! I am staying cautiously optimistic this time baby sticks. I will say that I am at least experiencing the MS that I did not have in December when I had the MC.
AFM... I am happy to have the opportunity to help SO's granny. I love them all so much. I even call her granny! When I found out about a time that SO almost lost one of his uncles I bawled like a baby. She just now said to me she isn't worth shit (her words) while she started to cry. I had to force myself not to cry as well and told her it's okay. We all need help in our lives at some point even if we need it more than we like to admit it. I told her I am here for her day or night. Anytime she needs me.
#356 of 1252 Old 04-14-2014, 10:27 AM

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
I'll be 8 weeks tomorrow and I was able to pick up the HB on Doppler just now. orngbiggrin.gif I just wanted to lay there for an hour and listen to it. <3
badwolf092087 likes this.

Andrea , child of God, wife of Tim , mama of L, B, J, J

I'm a Younique Presenter. Come check it out!!
Want to get paid daily and start earning as soon as 24 hours after sign up? Join my team!
#357 of 1252 Old 04-14-2014, 10:45 AM

Quote:

maofl - get ready for your activity level to switch to 90% break, 10% productivity.  It sucks but that was reality for me and most of my DDC for at least a month! 

NSmom - sounds like the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing as far as your doctors go!  Fortunately it's early and you have time to get it all figured out.

apeydef - did you mention before that you pay boatloads for your insurance?  Sounds like medical care is just flat out a money pit for you.  Sorry lady - that stinks!

AFM:  21 weeks today and will be headed to my first prenatal yoga class at the hospital (it's the same one where my doc is located, where I'll be giving birth, and also where I did some of my nursing clinicals).  Should be interesting bc I'm def not feeling flexible anymore.  So far my pg exercise regimen has been almost exclusively walking... ~5 miles 3-5 times per week. 

We are very close to getting the nursery done (well, mostly done).  We've gotta finish the chair rail.  The closet is going to wait a bit bc we have an adjoining room and bath that I want to move over and work on while I'm still feeling good enough to do so.  Then once the basics of both rooms and bath are done, DH can do the man-jobs like closet carpentry.  I'm not really needed for that so I figured we'd skip it right now.  Got to prioritize!!

yes it is! but I called the OB today and found out its a flat rate for all the prenatal visits, not based on per visit. Not including blood work and tests/ultrasounds. So that is good bc they gave me the amount it costs and its a lot but not unbearable. I will just have to be choosy on tests and blood work I allow them to do.

#358 of 1252 Old 04-14-2014, 03:00 PM

Quote:

yes it is! but I called the OB today and found out its a flat rate for all the prenatal visits, not based on per visit. Not including blood work and tests/ultrasounds. So that is good bc they gave me the amount it costs and its a lot but not unbearable. I will just have to be choosy on tests and blood work I allow them to do.
At least it's something y'all can handle. That's definitely a plus!
#359 of 1252 Old 04-14-2014, 06:48 PM

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quote:

Yea they can probably hear a Doppler heartbeat at 10 so an u/s might be overkill even tho it is neat! Never had an u/s at all with my first.

Quote:

I always go by LMP bc that's what the Dr goes by.

I want my midwife to go by ovulation day but I haven't bright it up yet. My lmp was jan 4 but I didn't ovulate until jan 18! That's almost 3 weeks. I want to buy an extra week bc they said if I go over they want to induce bc of my previous MC. No way on hell I'm getting induced but I don't want them breathing down my neck!
Quote:

I want to try yoga! Finally starting to feel a bit better and I need to get my ass moving!

Exciting about the baby room. We put an offer on another house. Waiting to hear. Might want to paint a room in my new home!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harmony96 View Post

I'll be 8 weeks tomorrow and I was able to pick up the HB on Doppler just now. orngbiggrin.gif I just wanted to lay there for an hour and listen to it. <3

So exciting!!!

Me , DH , DS 11/11, M/C 08/13 , #2 EDD 10/11/14 
#360 of 1252 Old 04-14-2014, 07:01 PM

I hate how they always want to induce! That's why it's a estimated due date!!! No one knows for sure lol. With both of my babies I was almost right on time, going by due date from LMP, so I think I'll stick with that wink1.gif I was one day before with my first and 2 days before with my second. My EDD is dec 17 th and my bday is the 12 th so I'm going to have a nice bday present. I'll be 31. Would've been cool if it was my 30th bday.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List
jenjy

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page