Grad Club: Where the group discussion continues after the ONE thread! - Page 13 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 
 70Likes

#361 of 1252 Old 04-14-2014, 07:03 PM

Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 126 Post(s)
@Harmony96 yeah!!! 8 weeks! I always feel a little sigh of relief at 8 weeks and then of course around 12 weeks.

DH 31; Me 30; DD 6; DS 1; Baby boy due Dec 17th

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#362 of 1252 Old 04-14-2014, 07:05 PM

@innacircle how would you feel about putting our due dates on the first post? I think it wold be fun to look at and reference.

#363 of 1252 Old 04-15-2014, 07:29 AM

Mentioned: 45 Post(s)
Quoted: 99 Post(s)

Kind of annoyed with my MIL, yet again.  Last night our baby announcements came in the mail and DH called her up to confirm a couple of addresses.  She decides to give him a lecture.  "What if she miscarries?  Why send announcements?  What you're doing is tacky.  Wait until she's big enough that you can't hide it anymore.."  And to think, I thought she was being supportive a couple of weeks ago.  This is the first pregnancy since Connor that any OB has been able to say I've had my highest HCG levels, great prog numbers, and everything else.  And she has to step in and be a debbie downer.  I'm beginning to think her "support" the last couple of weeks was faked and that she disapproves.  I get that she couldn't have children and she adopted, but that's no reason to take feelings out on me.  It's hard enough to keep me calm and balance my emotions as is.  Sorry ladies, I'm angry and upset and DH thinks telling me to ignore her will work.  Unfortunately, that's not how my mind works.

Sarah & DH Alan 

Our angel in heaven, DS Connor 10/2/09 to 10/5/09  
2 pups, 11 cats  and always rescuing more!  RIP Momma Furby </3
Baby #2, a GIRL!, due Nov 29th, 2014  

#364 of 1252 Old 04-15-2014, 08:16 AM

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by badwolf092087 View Post

Kind of annoyed with my MIL, yet again.  Last night our baby announcements came in the mail and DH called her up to confirm a couple of addresses.  She decides to give him a lecture.  "What if she miscarries?  Why send announcements?  What you're doing is tacky.  Wait until she's big enough that you can't hide it anymore.."  And to think, I thought she was being supportive a couple of weeks ago.  This is the first pregnancy since Connor that any OB has been able to say I've had my highest HCG levels, great prog numbers, and everything else.  And she has to step in and be a debbie downer.  I'm beginning to think her "support" the last couple of weeks was faked and that she disapproves.  I get that she couldn't have children and she adopted, but that's no reason to take feelings out on me.  It's hard enough to keep me calm and balance my emotions as is.  Sorry ladies, I'm angry and upset and DH thinks telling me to ignore her will work.  Unfortunately, that's not how my mind works.
Sorry she's being so fake. I think you may have hit the nail on the head though, she couldn't have so she adopted and she's jealous of your ability to have children without adopting. I am the same as you though. I wouldn't be able to ignore it. I would say something to her. Let her know that you appreciate her trying to look out for you because she knows your history with MCs but you feel as if this one is hanging on and if for whatever reason it does not then you will let those who received an announcement know. But I would also let her know that her underhanded comments like she has made are hurtful to not only you but put the baby at risk for giving you undue stress.
Good luck Hun.
#365 of 1252 Old 04-15-2014, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maof1 View Post

Sorry she's being so fake. I think you may have hit the nail on the head though, she couldn't have so she adopted and she's jealous of your ability to have children without adopting. I am the same as you though. I wouldn't be able to ignore it. I would say something to her. Let her know that you appreciate her trying to look out for you because she knows your history with MCs but you feel as if this one is hanging on and if for whatever reason it does not then you will let those who received an announcement know. But I would also let her know that her underhanded comments like she has made are hurtful to not only you but put the baby at risk for giving you undue stress.
Good luck Hun.

Thanks.  <3  Unfortunately she isn't the type to care about feelings.  It's been almost 8 years since her husband passed, and she hasn't been the same since.  She was still cold then, but now it's at an all time extreme.  I don't even want to know how she'll react to the baby's name if he is a boy.  The name we've picked is David Alan.  His father's name is David and my DH is Alan.  And if it's a girl, Maddison Lesh.  Maddison is a strong name, and Lesh was my Grandmother Jocelyn's middle name.  I would've gone with Jocelyn but my sister took it already.  My MIL has something to say about everything, no matter how little it concerns her.  

Also, I love the announcement cake you made!  I bake for events but have never been asked for a gender reveal cake.  That might be a new one to add to the list.  And icing like that takes skill.  Love it.

Sarah & DH Alan 

#366 of 1252 Old 04-15-2014, 11:28 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by apeydef View Post
@innacircle how would you feel about putting our due dates on the first post? I think it wold be fun to look at and reference.

Oh apeydef... you and your early pg energy!  Just kidding! :wink

I had thought of doing something like that but didn't know if it made sense bc for a while it was pretty lonely over here!  Sounds like a good idea now though.  Will do in the next day or so. 

badwolf - Re your MIL I'm in the "ignore her" camp... but literally.  Why even involve her?  Just stop.  Tell DH you don't want to hear about her or what she says bc it upsets you. 

Tolerate her at required family engagements, but otherwise treat her (both internally and externally) as completely inconsequential. 

I have a MIL (DH's step mom) that I have to treat like that.  She's a trashy floozy and I want no part of her.  At family functions I have the most minimal required contact, if any.  My cold shoulder is pretty obvious though.  I guess the diff for me is DH is on the same page as far as his feelings toward her.  However, he's more social overall and does interact a teeny bit more, prob bc he feels family pressure to do so.  I, however, am an independent operator.  I have standards and she just doesn't make the cut.  Ftr I've given her ample chances and she just keeps doing what she does, which is not OK by me.  She is skanky and it will never change!

AFM:  Just for kicks here's my current belly shot, and one from 6 weeks ago for comparison. 

15 wks                                              21 wks 1 day (today)

dmariev likes this.
#367 of 1252 Old 04-15-2014, 03:16 PM

@innacircle I'm with you on ignoring her. Lol. I would confront the MIL first then ignore her. Put her in her place and be done with her. Lol! As for your pictures... I WISH I were that small!!! You look great!
#368 of 1252 Old 04-15-2014, 03:49 PM

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)

Ok, I'm going to try to catch up here. Please forgive me if I leave anything out!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by NSmomtobe View Post

627 today at around 16 DPO.

Awesome number :D

Quote:

Hi all. I figured I would join this group as I got an early BFP on 8 and 10 DPO.
Congratulations on everyone's BFP's.

Has anyone had their BBs sore for a week, like really SORE and then NOTHING? like barely tender. Sorry for the over share.

Yay maof1 !! Congrats!!

And please, DO NOT feel the need to apologize for 'over-sharing'. This goes for all of us. I mean really, we talk about our cervical mucous, symptom, everyone knows when we BD.... Is there really such a thing as 'over-sharing' here?!? :lol

Quote:

May I join ladies! I feel confident bc I had such a dark line! I am about 4 weeks 4 days

Yes! Congrats!! Funny how you just decided to wait!! So awesome :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harmony96 View Post

I'll be 8 weeks tomorrow and I was able to pick up the HB on Doppler just now. orngbiggrin.gif I just wanted to lay there for an hour and listen to it. <3

That is so awesome! I need to get more batteries to see if I can get my dinosaur Doppler to work!

Quote:

I hate how they always want to induce! That's why it's a estimated due date!!! No one knows for sure lol. With both of my babies I was almost right on time, going by due date from LMP, so I think I'll stick with that wink1.gif I was one day before with my first and 2 days before with my second. My EDD is dec 17 th and my bday is the 12 th so I'm going to have a nice bday present. I'll be 31. Would've been cool if it was my 30th bday.

Totally agree! I have a friend IRL who is 40w4d and thinking about asking her doc to induce today. It's like come on! It's just an ESTIMATED due date!! Give that baby a little more time!!

Quote:

:yeah I like this idea

Quote:

Oh boy. I'm sorry you have to deal with that. I didn't get the most positive reaction from DH's step-mom (I REFUSE to call her my MIL) at first. Now she seems to be trying to fake excitement, and not much at that. Can you just not involve her much?

AFM I had my US today, and it is completely confirmed NOT ECTOPIC! So happy! We got to see the little heartbeat and everything! I'm so happy! EDD is 12/2

SAHM (32)  Married to a bearded hunk (28) , DS  11/00, DD  06/09, two  in 2013,the final piece to our puzzle   is due 12/14
#369 of 1252 Old 04-15-2014, 03:52 PM

@innacircle great belly pics!

SAHM (32)  Married to a bearded hunk (28) , DS  11/00, DD  06/09, two  in 2013,the final piece to our puzzle   is due 12/14
#370 of 1252 Old 04-15-2014, 04:11 PM

Here is my Little

badwolf092087 likes this.

#371 of 1252 Old 04-15-2014, 04:13 PM

Innacircle, dmariev and everyone else.. we are not really trying to involve her.  But he needed addresses and she has them.  And unfortunately she is the type who won't give you what you need until you tell her why, and there's no lying to her.  I'm ignoring her, and trying not to let it get to me now.  Especially today... my morning sickness is officially acting up.  All day it has had me incapacitated, but not puking.  And about an hour ago, I needed to clean up after our new rescue.  His poop triggered it.  Ugh..  I feel a lot better since I finally got sick, but I'm scared to eat.  

Our newest rescue is 6 1/2 months old, deaf, and a pain in the butt.  His two fosters didn't train him at all and decided to leave it to his future owner.  He's a corgi queensland healer mix, and I now get to sign him up for private training classes.  

Sarah & DH Alan 

#372 of 1252 Old 04-15-2014, 04:17 PM

Quote:

Innacircle, dmariev and everyone else.. we are not really trying to involve her.  But he needed addresses and she has them.  And unfortunately she is the type who won't give you what you need until you tell her why, and there's no lying to her.  I'm ignoring her, and trying not to let it get to me now.  Especially today... my morning sickness is officially acting up.  All day it has had me incapacitated, but not puking.  And about an hour ago, I needed to clean up after our new rescue.  His poop triggered it.  Ugh..  I feel a lot better since I finally got sick, but I'm scared to eat.  

Our newest rescue is 6 1/2 months old, deaf, and a pain in the butt.  His two fosters didn't train him at all and decided to leave it to his future owner.  He's a corgi queensland healer mix, and I now get to sign him up for private training classes.  

Well I hope she just minds her own business then. Again, I'm sorry you have to deal with that!
As for the ms, totally sympathize! I wish there was a magic cure!

I think it's so great that you rescue! I hope training your new pup isn't too difficult!

#373 of 1252 Old 04-15-2014, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmariev View Post

Well I hope she just minds her own business then. Again, I'm sorry you have to deal with that!

As for the ms, totally sympathize! I wish there was a magic cure!

I think it's so great that you rescue! I hope training your new pup isn't too difficult!
Morning sickness? What's that?!?! I have "MOST OF THE DAY SICKNESS!! I wake up feeling like I am going to hurl and sip ginger ale... Then I get up and try to do stuff and get hungry so I eat something then feel like total butt again and am back to the ginger ale. Hahaha! Be glad when this part is over! I took another test today to confirm because of how early I took my other tests and here was the results...
#374 of 1252 Old 04-15-2014, 04:55 PM

Quote:

Morning sickness? What's that?!?! I have "MOST OF THE DAY SICKNESS!! I wake up feeling like I am going to hurl and sip ginger ale... Then I get up and try to do stuff and get hungry so I eat something then feel like total butt again and am back to the ginger ale. Hahaha! Be glad when this part is over! I took another test today to confirm because of how early I took my other tests and here was the results...

Nice lines! And yes on the all day sickness! I've been feeling awful! I can hardly eat and have no energy. I found that ginger gum is a little helpful, but only while I'm chewing it. As soon as I spit it out, it comes right back!! Doc gave me B6 to take today, and within half an hour of taking it, my digestive system decided to rid itself of all it's contents... inthet.gif  ugh

Hope yours goes away soon!

#375 of 1252 Old 04-15-2014, 04:55 PM

Quote:

Love your tests! Beautiful lines. And yes, it is most of the day sickness. Plus, ginger ale is useless. Time to get the stupid preggo pop drops and see if they ease it at all. A friend of mine recommended lifesavers mints, but DH forgot to pick some up.

Sarah & DH Alan 

#376 of 1252 Old 04-15-2014, 05:29 PM

Quote:

Love your tests! Beautiful lines. And yes, it is most of the day sickness. Plus, ginger ale is useless. Time to get the stupid preggo pop drops and see if they ease it at all. A friend of mine recommended lifesavers mints, but DH forgot to pick some up.
Thanks on the lines... Ginger ale is my life saver... I'm sipping some as I type because I started feeling super sick again... 😣 I was NEVER this sick with DS...
#377 of 1252 Old 04-15-2014, 05:32 PM

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by innacircle View Post

AFM:  Just for kicks here's my current belly shot, and one from 6 weeks ago for comparison. 

Your belly looks pretty solid, but you haven't "popped" yet. You are in great shape!

Quote:

Awesome number :D

AFM I had my US today, and it is completely confirmed NOT ECTOPIC! So happy! We got to see the little heartbeat and everything! I'm so happy! EDD is 12/2

Thanks. That is great news! I'm so happy for you!

Quote:

I agree that "ignoring her" is easier said than done. Sorry about your new rescue. You have a lot of animals. Do you keep them all, or try to find homes for them?

Quote:

Nice lines! I had all-day sickness with DS too (although I didn't vomit--just felt nauseous). So far none with this pregnancy.

Now mom to a boy born January 2010. 
Cautiously expecting Dec 2014!

12/08 (6 weeks),  1/13 (11 weeks), &  12/13 (9.5 weeks)
#378 of 1252 Old 04-15-2014, 05:36 PM

Quote:

Your belly looks pretty solid, but you haven't "popped" yet. You are in great shape!

Thanks. That is great news! I'm so happy for you!

I agree that "ignoring her" is easier said than done. Sorry about your new rescue. You have a lot of animals. Do you keep them all, or try to find homes for them?

Nice lines! I had all-day sickness with DS too (although I didn't vomit--just felt nauseous). So far none with this pregnancy.

We keep them all.  There is nothing better than giving an animal a loving and stable home.  Only 2 of my cats are rescues.  The rest were from subsequent litters.

Sarah & DH Alan 

#379 of 1252 Old 04-15-2014, 06:29 PM

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Quote:

Sorry you have to deal with that. Why can't everyone just be joyous for the moment? Your baby is there so celebrate!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by innacircle View Post

Oh apeydef... you and your early pg energy!  Just kidding! winky.gif
I had thought of doing something like that but didn't know if it made sense bc for a while it was pretty lonely over here!  Sounds like a good idea now though.  Will do in the next day or so. 

badwolf - Re your MIL I'm in the "ignore her" camp... but literally.  Why even involve her?  Just stop.  Tell DH you don't want to hear about her or what she says bc it upsets you. 
Tolerate her at required family engagements, but otherwise treat her (both internally and externally) as completely inconsequential. 
I have a MIL (DH's step mom) that I have to treat like that.  She's a trashy floozy and I want no part of her.  At family functions I have the most minimal required contact, if any.  My cold shoulder is pretty obvious though.  I guess the diff for me is DH is on the same page as far as his feelings toward her.  However, he's more social overall and does interact a teeny bit more, prob bc he feels family pressure to do so.  I, however, am an independent operator.  I have standards and she just doesn't make the cut.  Ftr I've given her ample chances and she just keeps doing what she does, which is not OK by me.  She is skanky and it will never change!

Ummm you look great. I would frighten you.

I look 5 months pregnant, no joke. Fat layer + 3rd pregnancy= nice round solid baby bump.
Quote:

Awesome number orngbiggrin.gif

Yay maof1 !! Congrats!!

And please, DO NOT feel the need to apologize for 'over-sharing'. This goes for all of us. I mean really, we talk about our cervical mucous, symptom, everyone knows when we BD.... Is there really such a thing as 'over-sharing' here?!? lol.gif

Yes! Congrats!! Funny how you just decided to wait!! So awesome orngbiggrin.gif

That is so awesome! I need to get more batteries to see if I can get my dinosaur Doppler to work!

Totally agree! I have a friend IRL who is 40w4d and thinking about asking her doc to induce today. It's like come on! It's just an ESTIMATED due date!! Give that baby a little more time!!

yeahthat.gif  I like this idea

Oh boy. I'm sorry you have to deal with that. I didn't get the most positive reaction from DH's step-mom (I REFUSE to call her my MIL) at first. Now she seems to be trying to fake excitement, and not much at that. Can you just not involve her much?

Congrats on that sweet little life you are growing!!!
Quote:

Im finally feeling better but mine was 24/7 too unless I was eating.

Me , DH , DS 11/11, M/C 08/13 , #2 EDD 10/11/14 
#380 of 1252 Old 04-15-2014, 06:58 PM

Well, I didn't have it this bad with my son.., oddly enough I could tell when it was coming. Now it's never ending it seems. Ughh
#381 of 1252 Old 04-15-2014, 07:26 PM

I didn't really have much nausea with my son, but I sure as heck did with my daughter. Wonder if there's a connection lol

#382 of 1252 Old 04-16-2014, 02:11 AM

Quote:

I didn't really have much nausea with my son, but I sure as heck did with my daughter. Wonder if there's a connection lol
I sure hope there's a connection! LOL!!! I'm already out numbered! SO has 3 boys and 1 girl! I would love to have a girl of my own that my DS could be protector over. I know that's exactly how he would act because of how he acted towards one particular girl in pre-k.
Honestly, I will be happy either way as long as the baby is healthy. 😍
#383 of 1252 Old 04-16-2014, 03:26 AM

I have heard that girl babies cause their mamas to have more morning sickness because of the overall higher levels of female hormones (I think progesterone is the main hormone involved in morning sickness). It's not a perfect relationship though.

#384 of 1252 Old 04-16-2014, 03:32 AM

Quote:

I have heard that girl babies cause their mamas to have more morning sickness because of the overall higher levels of female hormones (I think progesterone is the main hormone involved in morning sickness). It's not a perfect relationship though.
Yeah, I've heard that about MS. Also about having acne outbreaks. When I was pregnant with DS I had NO acne and this time I am breaking out every few days! It's not bad like horrible ugly pimples everywhere on my face but the few I am getting are the DEEP PAINFUL ones... Here's to crossing my fingers! Haha!
#385 of 1252 Old 04-16-2014, 04:00 AM

I'm almost 8 weeks and these past few days have been the real MS. I've felt nauseous prior to this, but nothing happened. When I was pregnant with my son, the MS was awful and so was the acne. I just want it to stay mild this time.

Did I mention my doctor wants me to not work at all this pregnancy? It's killing me because it takes away a lot of my purpose. He said we could address it during the second trimester, but no guarantee. Blah.

Sarah & DH Alan 

#386 of 1252 Old 04-16-2014, 06:54 AM

@dmariev so happy everything's looking good!
@innacircle I'm definitely not as in shape as you! I'm average weight. Could loose 10 lbs or so but not overweight! I never really show until I'm about 5 months! I think you are really going to start popping soon.
@@badwolf092087sorry about your rude MIL. I have one of those as well lol

AFM: no nausea yet! This is my 4th pregnancy. I always get nausea but have never thrown up. Last pregnancy with DS I was sick all the time! I so far have so real symptoms just some light dull achey cramps and some pressure in my....well you know! I have been trying to eat and drink a lot as I m also nursing still. He just turned 18 months so I started cutting back his feedings to morning nap and bed! ( and then the multiple times he wakes at night uggg) that will probably be last! I'm hoping he will be weaned when baby comes! I have no interest in tandem feeding.

#387 of 1252 Old 04-16-2014, 09:14 AM

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Quote:

And please, DO NOT feel the need to apologize for 'over-sharing'. This goes for all of us. I mean really, we talk about our cervical mucous, symptom, everyone knows when we BD.... Is there really such a thing as 'over-sharing' here?!? lol.gif

For real, yo. lol.gif
Quote:

Here is my Little

Love it! orngbiggrin.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by edubluv View Post

I look 5 months pregnant, no joke. Fat layer + 3rd pregnancy= nice round solid baby bump.

Me, too, except fifth pregnancy. orngtongue.gif

AFM - okay, so re: morning sickness. Last pregnancy, I had a few days where I literally survived on just chicken bouillon (or however it's spelled), Jello, and saltine crackers. That was IT. And last night, I figured out that taking my vitamins on an empty stomach is a total no-no. I actually had a really terrible experience revisiting them on Sunday, and when I started to have that same feeling last night, I realized what I'd done and I was able to inhale some cheddar Pringles and keep everything down this time.

But, my biggest problem with morning sickness is that I also have stress incontinence that doesn't seem to get better no matter how many squats and/or Kegels I do, so if my bladder has anything in it at all, then I pee while throwing up. greensad.gif Sometimes I have enough "warning" that I can go potty first and then I'm usually okay, or else I'll just wear a mama pad and change it afterwards. But that is mostly what led to the Jello/broth/saltines diet because I wanted to eat something that I KNEW would stay down, so I wouldn't have to wet myself. smile.gif

Andrea , child of God, wife of Tim , mama of L, B, J, J

Younique has new products! Come check it out!!
Earn free makeup. Join the sisterhood. Build your future.
#388 of 1252 Old 04-16-2014, 09:27 AM

@harmony96
Oh no! I can honestly say I haven't really ever peed myself while throwing up while pregnant. I have however gotten sick to the point I was sitting on the toilet to tinkle and vomit at the same time. Definitely no fun!

AFM, I got my pregnancy confirmed by the health dpt today. And just got something to eat and am SERIOUSLY regretting it! I feel SOOOO sick right now. Ginger ale here I come!
#389 of 1252 Old 04-16-2014, 09:29 AM

Quote:

@harmony96
Oh no! I can honestly say I haven't really ever peed myself while throwing up while pregnant. I have however gotten sick to the point I was sitting on the toilet to tinkle and vomit at the same time. Definitely no fun!

AFM, I got my pregnancy confirmed by the health dpt today. And just got something to eat and am SERIOUSLY regretting it! I feel SOOOO sick right now. Ginger ale here I come!
Wow your morning sickness has come early! That's good high hormones.

#390 of 1252 Old 04-16-2014, 10:34 AM

16 DPO: 627

19 DPO: 2891 yikes2.gif for a doubling time of 32.65 hrs.

21 DPO: 5801 for a doubling time of just under 48 hours.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List
jenjy

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page