Grad Club: Where the group discussion continues after the ONE thread! - Page 15 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 
 70Likes

#421 of 1252 Old 04-18-2014, 09:41 AM

Mentioned: 53 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 61 Post(s)
And btw why would she mail your proactive?? Lol that's kind if wierd!

DH 31; Me 30; DD 5; DS 1; Baby due Dec 17th
#422 of 1252 Old 04-18-2014, 10:00 AM

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Quoted: 58 Post(s)
I'm not using it. She's pretty much gone total b*tch mode. Especially since the baby will stop us from flying out to her wedding. She has no common sense. When she saw my list of restrictions from the doctor, she almost tore it up. So she is not welcome for a while.

Sarah & DH Alan 

Our angel in heaven, DS Connor 10/2/09 to 10/5/09  
2 pups, 8 cats  and always rescuing more!  RIP Momma Furby </3
Baby #2, a GIRL!, due Nov 29th, 2014  

#423 of 1252 Old 04-18-2014, 11:11 AM

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by innacircle View Post

Ladies, go buy some simethicone (Gas-X).  It works wonders for that "so bloated I'm gonna pop" feeling.  Also, taking care of that pressure eliminates a lot of heartburn.  Highly recommend!

That's EXACTLY what I told DH last night. He was laying in bed trying to sleep, and I was walking up and down to the bathroom, moaning, and I whined at one point, "I neeeeed some simethicoooooooone." lol I forgot what the "adult" version was called. I was all set to get some infant gas drops, lol.
Quote:
Originally Posted by badwolf092087 View Post

I'm not using it. She's pretty much gone total b*tch mode. Especially since the baby will stop us from flying out to her wedding. She has no common sense. When she saw my list of restrictions from the doctor, she almost tore it up. So she is not welcome for a while.

I wouldn't even use Proactiv while not pregnant. It's super, super harsh. (Although I did use it for a short time back in the day, and found that it didn't help me at all. Looking forward to my new face wash to arrive in the mail any day now.) And what did your sister think would happen if she tore up your restrictions list? All of a sudden they wouldn't exist anymore?

Andrea , child of God, wife of Tim , mama of L, B, J, J

I'm a Younique Presenter. Come check it out!!
Want to get paid daily and start earning as soon as 24 hours after sign up? Join my team!
#424 of 1252 Old 04-18-2014, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harmony96 View Post

That's EXACTLY what I told DH last night. He was laying in bed trying to sleep, and I was walking up and down to the bathroom, moaning, and I whined at one point, "I neeeeed some simethicoooooooone." lol I forgot what the "adult" version was called. I was all set to get some infant gas drops, lol.
I wouldn't even use Proactiv while not pregnant. It's super, super harsh. (Although I did use it for a short time back in the day, and found that it didn't help me at all. Looking forward to my new face wash to arrive in the mail any day now.) And what did your sister think would happen if she tore up your restrictions list? All of a sudden they wouldn't exist anymore?

She told us to ignore the doctor and find a new one. Went on about how she smoked pot while pregnant with her daughter, ate red meat and fish, what pills she took, how my doctor must be fresh out of med school, etc etc. It's awful when your blood family can't listen just once, but the adopted family is all ears. I'll never understand.

Sarah & DH Alan 

#425 of 1252 Old 04-18-2014, 01:54 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)

Just sounds to me like your doc is cautious vs. being cavalier.  I'd take that in a heartbeat. 

My impression is that your sis is probably not well educated... to have such strong and pushy opinions.  Those two things often go hand in hand.  I have a niece like that.  She's smart but a loser - and her opinions are HUGE.  I ignore her completely as if she doesn't exist. 

On the flip side, you do have positive/supportive ppl?  That's fantastic.  Certainly makes the stupid stuff easier to take!

We have the most minimal support structure.  It could be bigger but I tossed the idiots a long time ago.  Sounds gruff but I just don't need or want drama in my life when ppl constantly make bad choices. 

#426 of 1252 Old 04-19-2014, 07:51 AM

@innacircle, I keep cutting people out.  I don't cut family entirely out, but enough to not let them get to me anymore.

Today has been a drag and it's only 10:45am.  At about 9:30, I started crying and haven't stopped.  It started when my oldest dog headbutted my chin and it hurt, but then the movie I am watching has kept it going.  And on top of that, I'm flying solo till almost 11 tonight.  I hate DH's summer hours.  :(

We're probably giving up the newest adoption.  He needs more attention than a newborn baby, and for the sake of my future child and this pup, he needs to be with someone who can give him the proper training and attention he needs.  I give him what I can, but I sleep 16 hours a day now and DH can't handle the training by himself.  It breaks my heart but it may need to happen.  But who knows what my mood swings will say in 6 hours.  :(

Sarah & DH Alan 

#427 of 1252 Old 04-19-2014, 08:05 AM

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Quote:

@innacircle, I keep cutting people out.  I don't cut family entirely out, but enough to not let them get to me anymore.

Today has been a drag and it's only 10:45am.  At about 9:30, I started crying and haven't stopped.  It started when my oldest dog headbutted my chin and it hurt, but then the movie I am watching has kept it going.  And on top of that, I'm flying solo till almost 11 tonight.  I hate DH's summer hours.  greensad.gif

We're probably giving up the newest adoption.  He needs more attention than a newborn baby, and for the sake of my future child and this pup, he needs to be with someone who can give him the proper training and attention he needs.  I give him what I can, but I sleep 16 hours a day now and DH can't handle the training by himself.  It breaks my heart but it may need to happen.  But who knows what my mood swings will say in 6 hours.  greensad.gif

I don't know how you can do it with that many animals and a newborn. I lasted about a year with three dogs but finally gave two of them away. I had them since birth and they were 6 yo at the time but it was way. too. much. Even with the only dog we kept, who happens to be a really sweet10 yo pug, it still seems like too much. It sounds like you really love them. Giving one up may be hard but it's good you recognize you can't meet its needs and your own!

Me , DH , DS 11/11, M/C 08/13 , #2 EDD 10/11/14 
#428 of 1252 Old 04-19-2014, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by edubluv View Post

I don't know how you can do it with that many animals and a newborn. I lasted about a year with three dogs but finally gave two of them away. I had them since birth and they were 6 yo at the time but it was way. too. much. Even with the only dog we kept, who happens to be a really sweet10 yo pug, it still seems like too much. It sounds like you really love them. Giving one up may be hard but it's good you recognize you can't meet its needs and your own!

My animals are my life, and will be till they take their last breaths.  My oldest rescue is so protective of me and has been keeping the deaf pup away from me.  Both my babies recognize not to jump on me or stress me out, and little guy is just like "I don't care.  I'm going to throw myself at you, walls, doors until you pay attention to me."  He won't even stay in his crate and I trained him the same way as I did my other two.  He just flat out refuses and destroyed a $100 crate.  My husband is going to need to use something to bend the cage back in the places he bent it.  Oh joy.

Sarah & DH Alan 

#429 of 1252 Old 04-19-2014, 09:09 AM - Thread Starter

That's why we have indoor/outdoor cats - can drop a pile of food and a trough of water in the garage and they're on autopilot.  Don't get me wrong, I love animals and never met a stray that didn't become part of the family.  We had 8 dogs in my teens bc of that... it was nuts!  But for DH and me as a married couple who traveled extensively, the cats have been great due to their flexibility. 

If we were stay-put kinda ppl I think we'd practically have a farm.  We loved having goats at my parents' house... would def do that again.  They have so much personality.  Bahhhhhhh!

#430 of 1252 Old 04-19-2014, 09:18 AM

I had an "incredible growing and shrinking uterus" this morning, lol. Lydia was in the bed with me after DH went to work, and we both fell back asleep. While she was still resting, I woke up and rolled onto my back, then I started feeling my abdomen. I'm only 8 and a half weeks, but I felt my uterus VERY VERY prominently and VERY VERY high (like, almost all the way to my belly button!) I had to go to the bathroom, but not to the point of pain (i.e. I wasn't "overfull" or anything), so I stood up and went potty and then laid back down and tried to feel my uterus again, and this time it was GONE! lol. I can't believe that my little half-full bladder could push it up THAT high. Crazy.

Want to get paid daily and start earning as soon as 24 hours after sign up? Join my team!
#431 of 1252 Old 04-19-2014, 12:43 PM

Quote:

I had an "incredible growing and shrinking uterus" this morning, lol. Lydia was in the bed with me after DH went to work, and we both fell back asleep. While she was still resting, I woke up and rolled onto my back, then I started feeling my abdomen. I'm only 8 and a half weeks, but I felt my uterus VERY VERY prominently and VERY VERY high (like, almost all the way to my belly button!) I had to go to the bathroom, but not to the point of pain (i.e. I wasn't "overfull" or anything), so I stood up and went potty and then laid back down and tried to feel my uterus again, and this time it was GONE! lol. I can't believe that my little half-full bladder could push it up THAT high. Crazy.
How exciting!!'

#432 of 1252 Old 04-19-2014, 01:04 PM

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quote:

Me too

Me , DH , DS 11/11, M/C 08/13 , #2 EDD 10/11/14 
#433 of 1252 Old 04-19-2014, 05:59 PM

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Quote:

I've had the bad gas. But it's finally slowing down. Now I'm just constantly peeing, struggling to keep food down, craving things, and sleeping 14 hours a day.
Sorry I've been gone today. I haven't felt the greatest all day.. No gas today but have had that horrible ALL DAY SICKNESS... Ugh!!! sorry your sister is being such a jerk. This is a time to be happy and relax a little while you can, not have to worry and stress about her. Hope it gets better.
AFM, I baked another cake... This one was for Easter at my late husbands' fathers' home. My son and I still spend Easter over there.
Well, for whatever reason it's not allowing me to upload the pictures guess I will later or in another post.
#434 of 1252 Old 04-20-2014, 12:31 AM

There is the cake. It's a white chocolate cake with chocolate frosting.... Posted now because I woke up about 45 mins ago (2:45am) and can't go back to sleep. Ughhh
#435 of 1252 Old 04-20-2014, 05:52 AM

Love the cake. I totally understand the insomnia. Because I knew DH needed to be asleep early, I fired myself awake all day and did lots of chores to make sure I'd pass right out. Tonight thru Tuesday night isn't going to be easy though. He's doing overnights so that is going to completely mess up my schedule. I can't sleep without him home... Joy.

Happy resurrection Sunday everyone! I have a two hour mass to prep for. And lectures from the church elders that I'm showing too early, eating too much or that there's twins in there.

Sarah & DH Alan 

#436 of 1252 Old 04-20-2014, 03:44 PM

L
Quote:

Love the cake. I totally understand the insomnia. Because I knew DH needed to be asleep early, I fired myself awake all day and did lots of chores to make sure I'd pass right out. Tonight thru Tuesday night isn't going to be easy though. He's doing overnights so that is going to completely mess up my schedule. I can't sleep without him home... Joy.

Happy resurrection Sunday everyone! I have a two hour mass to prep for. And lectures from the church elders that I'm showing too early, eating too much or that there's twins in there.
lol don't you live everyone's opinions! My 5 yr old doesn't know I'm pregnant yet. I'm only 5.5 weeks. I have been bloated though along with gassy lol so today at church my stomach was a little round and with a dress on you could tell, obviously I'm not showing yet but she said mom your tummy looks pregnant. Again she had no idea yet!!

#437 of 1252 Old 04-20-2014, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by apeydef View Post

L
lol don't you live everyone's opinions! My 5 yr old doesn't know I'm pregnant yet. I'm only 5.5 weeks. I have been bloated though along with gassy lol so today at church my stomach was a little round and with a dress on you could tell, obviously I'm not showing yet but she said mom your tummy looks pregnant. Again she had no idea yet!!

Oh that's great!  I'm 8 weeks and they go on about how in their time, no one knew you were pregnant till you were 4-5 months.  That's fantastic, I don't care lol.  If the baby is making my tummy say feed me, I'm feeding it.  If I'm tired, I'm going to sleep.  And if people don't like the gas little one is causing me, they don't need to sit near me.  

If I can get a decent belly pic later, I'll post it.  My boobs have gotten HUGE!  Like, boob job status looking.

Sarah & DH Alan 

#438 of 1252 Old 04-20-2014, 05:29 PM

Quote:

Oh that's great!  I'm 8 weeks and they go on about how in their time, no one knew you were pregnant till you were 4-5 months.  That's fantastic, I don't care lol.  If the baby is making my tummy say feed me, I'm feeding it.  If I'm tired, I'm going to sleep.  And if people don't like the gas little one is causing me, they don't need to sit near me.  

If I can get a decent belly pic later, I'll post it.  My boobs have gotten HUGE!  Like, boob job status looking.
Y'all crack me up! I have finally calmed down on the gassy but I've had morning sickness which I call "All day sickness" since I was 3 weeks! It seriously sucks! I eat and get sick... Then I'm hungry again a little later and and bam! I'm sick again... Thankfully today I just felt really queasy at first before I left home to go to my late husbands dad's home for the festivities... None of them know to my knowledge but I think my FIL's girlfriend suspects because she very specifically asked me if I had any "news" to tell them... I was like no.... Haha! She of course was smiling so I don't think she'll mind too much. I'm more worried about how my late husbands father will react when I finally tell them. Problem is I live in such a small town that I'm sure someone from the hospital has already told them even though it breaks HIPPA.

Edit just because... Is it me or do you ladies also get a sudden surge of a jealous rage if another woman shows interest in your SO when pregnant? Normally I can ignore it and let it go because I know he is with me and no one else. I know he loves me and I love him. And we both love each other's children... I found out an employee of my SO's gave me a nasty look when I gave him a kiss bye the other day. At the time I was told I was like whatever... He's with me and not her so she'll have to get over that mess. But now that I have seen her again I have to fight the urge to claw her eyes out?! What is wrong with me??? Oh, btw... Her so called man is in jail (again for violating his probation). Am I losing my mind or is this just a hormone flare??
#439 of 1252 Old 04-21-2014, 11:34 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:

... I'm not showing yet but she said mom your tummy looks pregnant.

and I thought this was the kind of smooth talking only husbands could do...  :wink

maofl - I don't get the same sensation you do about other women.  Your hormones must be super strong!  That must be such a trip to experience though, especially realizing what it is.  Just say no to Jerry Springer!!!

AFM:  The nursery room has been transformed.  No furniture in there yet as we had a snafu with the carpet cleaner.  DH decided to clean the carpet before installing anything and halfway through the machine belched out a ginormous spot of rust chunks and rusty water.  He ended up running to the store to rent a machine to clean up the mess and it took 2 extra treatments/cleanings to get out the stupid rust stains.  What an unexpected setback! 

Here's a set of pics of the walls at least so you guys know what the color and moldings/trim look like.  We're really happy with the outcome.

Unfortunately I don't have great compare photos for these shots.  The room used to be a dark red Ralph Lauren "burnished leather" color (below).  It had no bead board/chair rail or window casing, and the baseboard was extremely basic builder grade. 

This "before" shot is of the closet, bathroom and entryway wall, which is the wall we didn't finish yet (DH will get to the closet when we're done painting the next room) so that's why I didn't take a comparable pic.  Regardless, you can see that the change is pretty drastic!

#440 of 1252 Old 04-21-2014, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by innacircle View Post

and I thought this was the kind of smooth talking only husbands could do...  winky.gif

maofl - I don't get the same sensation you do about other women.  Your hormones must be super strong!  That must be such a trip to experience though, especially realizing what it is.  Just say no to Jerry Springer!!!

AFM:  The nursery room has been transformed.  No furniture in there yet as we had a snafu with the carpet cleaner.  DH decided to clean the carpet before installing anything and halfway through the machine belched out a ginormous spot of rust chunks and rusty water.  He ended up running to the store to rent a machine to clean up the mess and it took 2 extra treatments/cleanings to get out the stupid rust stains.  What an unexpected setback! 

Here's a set of pics of the walls at least so you guys know what the color and moldings/trim look like.  We're really happy with the outcome.

Unfortunately I don't have great compare photos for these shots.  The room used to be a dark red Ralph Lauren "burnished leather" color (below).  It had no bead board/chair rail or window casing, and the baseboard was extremely basic builder grade. 

This "before" shot is of the closet, bathroom and entryway wall, which is the wall we didn't finish yet (DH will get to the closet when we're done painting the next room) so that's why I didn't take a comparable pic.  Regardless, you can see that the change is pretty drastic!

Hahaha! NO JERRY FOR ME! I've never been friends with a bunch of girls... When you get a bunch of girls together they get catty. But I do know to keep my emotions in check.
#441 of 1252 Old 04-21-2014, 02:19 PM

Oh wow, that IS a huge change!

#442 of 1252 Old 04-22-2014, 06:01 AM

@Harmony96 you are still breastfeeding right? Have you been getting a burning sensation when you let down? My breasts aren't that tender but the let down has been uncomfortable.

#443 of 1252 Old 04-22-2014, 06:58 AM

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

Yes, @apeydef, that is normal. I had that during my pregnancy 18 months ago and it is starting to happen again now.

Overall, I have been feeling off for the past few days. First hungry, then (after I eat) so full I am going to burst, and with waves of nausea and now I'm just feeling like my brain is in a fog. I guess pregnancy is catching up to me at 6 weeks. I'm waiting to hear when I will have my ultrasound.

Now mom to a boy born January 2010. 
Cautiously expecting Dec 2014!

12/08 (6 weeks),  1/13 (11 weeks), &  12/13 (9.5 weeks)
#444 of 1252 Old 04-22-2014, 07:10 AM

Quote:

@Harmony96 you are still breastfeeding right? Have you been getting a burning sensation when you let down? My breasts aren't that tender but the let down has been uncomfortable.

The only feeling I have during letdown is in the very early months of nursing a newborn, and it feels like a huge cramp in my whole breast. Right now, in the past few days, I've had a bit of nipple pain while nursing, which is what I've had with nursing while pregnant before.

#445 of 1252 Old 04-22-2014, 07:10 AM

My first appointment is coming up on Thursday, and I dreamed last night that the MW found two heartbeats (and it was definitely two and not an original and an echo, b/c the rates were different). When I listened a week or so ago, I only heard one, but I wasn't even 8 weeks yet. I think it's just one baby since I'm the least sick I've been with any of my pregnancies (and isn't double the babies supposed to be double the symptoms) and I'm not bigger than I've been with the other kids. But the dreams still make me wonder. And of course it doesn't help that DD quite vocally hopes for twin baby girls, several times a day. lol.gif:

#446 of 1252 Old 04-22-2014, 08:49 AM

Quote:

My first appointment is coming up on Thursday, and I dreamed last night that the MW found two heartbeats (and it was definitely two and not an original and an echo, b/c the rates were different). When I listened a week or so ago, I only heard one, but I wasn't even 8 weeks yet. I think it's just one baby since I'm the least sick I've been with any of my pregnancies (and isn't double the babies supposed to be double the symptoms) and I'm not bigger than I've been with the other kids. But the dreams still make me wonder. And of course it doesn't help that DD quite vocally hopes for twin baby girls, several times a day. lol.gif:
Yes I think you have more nausea bc of more hormones, but who knows. I'll be 6 weeks tomorrow and no sickness yet. I do have the pulling and straining down below though.

#447 of 1252 Old 04-22-2014, 08:51 AM

Oh but I have been extremely tired!!!!

#448 of 1252 Old 04-22-2014, 12:27 PM

Yes! Ditto the tired. About to take a nap myself. orngbiggrin.gif

I also had another instance of pregnancy brain the other day. We live in Texas, and it's bluebonnet season right now. The other day, DH and I were driving around and passed a field that was exceptionally bright and full. I blurted out, "Oh! Look at all the pretty blueberries!"

Oops.

DH is still laughing at me several days later.

#449 of 1252 Old 04-22-2014, 01:01 PM

Quote:

Yes! Ditto the tired. About to take a nap myself. orngbiggrin.gif

I also had another instance of pregnancy brain the other day. We live in Texas, and it's bluebonnet season right now. The other day, DH and I were driving around and passed a field that was exceptionally bright and full. I blurted out, "Oh! Look at all the pretty blueberries!"

Oops.

DH is still laughing at me several days later.
I feel you on that one! Earlier I said something about setting the fire on kitchen! Duhhhh.

Anyone ever turn into a nervous nelly because ALL of your symptoms disappeared for a few days to a week? It's been two days since ANY symptoms at all and I'm turning into a nervous nelly (like feeling the need to POAS nervous) haha!
#450 of 1252 Old 04-22-2014, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maof1 View Post

I feel you on that one! Earlier I said something about setting the fire on kitchen! Duhhhh.

Anyone ever turn into a nervous nelly because ALL of your symptoms disappeared for a few days to a week? It's been two days since ANY symptoms at all and I'm turning into a nervous nelly (like feeling the need to POAS nervous) haha!

That would be me this week. But then I'll get the littlest sign that the baby is still in there. Heartburn or ugly gas. Or the waterworks start. Everyone says to enjoy these slow days and symptom free days. I'm a worry wart tho.

Sarah & DH Alan 

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List
jenjy

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page