Grad Club: Where the group discussion continues after the ONE thread! - Page 21 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 
 70Likes

#601 of 1252 Old 05-01-2014, 03:37 PM

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Cribs are cute, but don't serve much of a purpose in this house lol That being said, I think all three of those pictures were cute! I like the pink camo too

SAHM (32)  Married to a bearded hunk (28) , DS  11/00, DD  06/09, two  in 2013,the final piece to our puzzle   is due 12/14
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#602 of 1252 Old 05-01-2014, 04:35 PM

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmariev View Post

Cribs are cute, but don't serve much of a purpose in this house lol That being said, I think all three of those pictures were cute! I like the pink camo too

I'm right there with you. Never used a crib let alone another room. There sure is some cute stuff out there tho. Maybe I'll just decorate a room for the fun of it even if no one actually uses it, lol.

Me , DH , DS 11/11, M/C 08/13 , #2 EDD 10/11/14 
#603 of 1252 Old 05-01-2014, 04:41 PM

Mentioned: 45 Post(s)
Quoted: 96 Post(s)

I know I'll end up having the baby in our room for some time after he/she is born.  BUT I am very much in favor of the room existing, but being right next to ours.  Mommy and daddy need their space, and the room the baby gets is also the room they will grow up in.

Sarah & DH Alan 

Our angel in heaven, DS Connor 10/2/09 to 10/5/09  
2 pups, 11 cats  and always rescuing more!  RIP Momma Furby </3
Baby #2, a GIRL!, due Nov 29th, 2014  

#604 of 1252 Old 05-01-2014, 04:50 PM

We are going to have to move the kids around to give this baby a room. That will put DD (almost 5) 3 doors away instead of one. Not sure how I feel about that. She stayed in our room till she was two though, and I imagine it will be the same with this one, so I guess I have some time. I just like my kids to have their own space, even if it's not used for sleeping. I had no choice but to share rooms till I was 14, and I hated it lol

SAHM (32)  Married to a bearded hunk (28) , DS  11/00, DD  06/09, two  in 2013,the final piece to our puzzle   is due 12/14
#605 of 1252 Old 05-01-2014, 05:10 PM

Oh yeah, we got to hear Little's heartbeat today. So reassuring!
badwolf092087 and Kita4 like this.

#606 of 1252 Old 05-01-2014, 05:28 PM

Yea, we have 4 rooms in our new house so everyone can have their own room plus there is a bonus space that will be a playroom but when I comes to actually sleeping my son has not left my bed yet. I've tried a little but ultimately I work full time and miss him tons. Nighttime is a time to connect for us. Plus mommy/ daddy business is easily taken care of in other places. To each, her own!

I love the yellow and grey chevron. Id mix it up and have a chevron pattern and a polka dot pattern. Keep the grey and maybe try orange or lime green instead.

#607 of 1252 Old 05-01-2014, 05:35 PM

By mommy daddy time, I mean just our space in general. We won't have much of it once little one arrives because everything will be baby. And when he's working 12-14 hour days, I want to be able to sleep next to him at night without the fear of him crushing the child. It would happen. King size bed. Ton of space. He will fall asleep on his side and I will wake up with an arm pinning me to the bed and refusing to let me go.

Sarah & DH Alan 

#608 of 1252 Old 05-01-2014, 06:07 PM

Quoted: 23 Post(s)

Those are cute rooms. I am not likely to decorate a room for this little one. We will have to move DH's office to make a bedroom for DS when he is ready for his own room, but I don't think that will happen during this pregnancy.

Speaking of pregnancy, I hope that is what is causing me to feel the way I am feeling. I left work early today to come home and nap, and then I still wasn't feeling better. Well, I just threw up a lot. I hope that I do not have food poisoning or some other virus going around.

Now mom to a boy born January 2010. 
Cautiously expecting Dec 2014!

12/08 (6 weeks),  1/13 (11 weeks), &  12/13 (9.5 weeks)
#609 of 1252 Old 05-02-2014, 03:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NSmomtobe View Post

Those are cute rooms. I am not likely to decorate a room for this little one. We will have to move DH's office to make a bedroom for DS when he is ready for his own room, but I don't think that will happen during this pregnancy.

Speaking of pregnancy, I hope that is what is causing me to feel the way I am feeling. I left work early today to come home and nap, and then I still wasn't feeling better. Well, I just threw up a lot. I hope that I do not have food poisoning or some other virus going around.

What's the temperature like where you live? It was 73 here today and I felt nauseous and exhausted. And all I did was sit in the backyard reading. I did keep hydrated but apparently it didn't help. Do you have any other symptoms? I hope you feel better.

Sarah & DH Alan 

#610 of 1252 Old 05-02-2014, 04:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by badwolf092087 View Post

What's the temperature like where you live? It was 73 here today and I felt nauseous and exhausted. And all I did was sit in the backyard reading. I did keep hydrated but apparently it didn't help. Do you have any other symptoms? I hope you feel better.

I am feeling somewhat better today. I woke up starving because I didn't keep down anything I ate yesterday, so I made myself a smoothie. Now my belly hurts, but I think I'll be okay. Besides exhaustion and nausea, I had a headache yesterday too. The weather here is cool. Under 10 C, which is 50 F.

badwolf092087 likes this.

#611 of 1252 Old 05-02-2014, 06:59 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

It's 50's here as well.... :( about 15 degrees down from the normal average... so cold for May! I would just love some 75 degree weather!!!! :)

Is anyone else feeling sort of alone in this early pregnancy? Hubby doesn't feel comfortable telling people, and I understand.... we are only 5 weeks, but I really want to tell one of our friends (who is pregnant also) just so I can talk to somebody. Is this loneliness normal or am I going crazy?

Married August 2012 .......    Baby BOY due Jan 6!
Love my two monstersMalamute & Newfoundland
#612 of 1252 Old 05-02-2014, 07:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kita4 View Post

It's 50's here as well.... :( about 15 degrees down from the normal average... so cold for May! I would just love some 75 degree weather!!!! :)

Is anyone else feeling sort of alone in this early pregnancy? Hubby doesn't feel comfortable telling people, and I understand.... we are only 5 weeks, but I really want to tell one of our friends (who is pregnant also) just so I can talk to somebody. Is this loneliness normal or am I going crazy?

Until my first US, I was allowed to tell a few close people.  Our firehouse family, his mom, my dad, and my sister.  After first US, he let me make a big announcement.  Now with a really great heartbeat and development a week ahead of schedule, he is more open about discussing it with others.  Prior to that, his still was comfortable with discussing the baby.  He just was cautious.  

It's supposedly going to be 70-75 here again today.  Right now it's low 60s but still beautiful.  It's a nice change from mother nature's bipolarness and the rain storms.

Sarah & DH Alan 

#613 of 1252 Old 05-02-2014, 08:45 AM

90's here. It's disgusting lol
I felt pretty lonely in the beginning too, but the time really flew by. I say tell who you want. I told my sister that I'd rather tell people early and have people be excited with me, even if something goes wrong. I can't just pretend it's not happening.

#614 of 1252 Old 05-02-2014, 10:12 AM

Quote:

I think you should tell your friend. I went crazy with the thought of waiting to tell people about my first pregnancy. I mean, it's your first pregnancy! Of course you want to tell people! It's all you can think about! Obviously, my thoughts have changed over time, but I did tell my 2 closest friends as soon as I knew I was pregnant. And I told a coworker when she told me that she was pregnant. I just needed someone to talk about pregnancy stuff with. For everyone else, I decided to wait until 6 weeks. That line moved to 8 weeks with my next 2 pregnancies.

This time, the only person I have told in real life (besides health professionals) is a coworker who was TTC with me. She is also the only one who knew about my last pregnancy. I think I might tell my parents this weekend, but I won't tell anyone else until after the ultrasound.

#615 of 1252 Old 05-02-2014, 04:08 PM

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Sorry, no time for personals. At my son's ballgame. Just wanted to touch base and say hi and pray for me. I got put on BP meds today. 😩 hope everyone else is doing well.
#616 of 1252 Old 05-03-2014, 05:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmariev View Post

Oh yeah, we got to hear Little's heartbeat today. So reassuring!
That's great news you got to hear the heartbeat! I have my first appt scheduled for this coming Friday.

AFM, I still don't have any data on my phone so I'm on SO's right now.
I have a question... Does anyone else also feel like they aren't even pregnant? I rarely am getting sick anymore and that was my only symptom I was having. Now that it's pretty much gone I just feel empty and like I'm not even pregnant... I did get put on BP meds yesterday. My friend who is a PA said I shouldn't have been put on it so soon that my BP wasn't that bad when I told her what it was and the meds made me feel funny. So does anyone else have the feeling their not even pregnant?
#617 of 1252 Old 05-03-2014, 06:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maof1 View Post

That's great news you got to hear the heartbeat! I have my first appt scheduled for this coming Friday.

I have a question... Does anyone else also feel like they aren't even pregnant? I rarely am getting sick anymore and that was my only symptom I was having. Now that it's pretty much gone I just feel empty and like I'm not even pregnant... I did get put on BP meds yesterday. My friend who is a PA said I shouldn't have been put on it so soon that my BP wasn't that bad when I told her what it was and the meds made me feel funny. So does anyone else have the feeling their not even pregnant?

Honestly I felt like the walking dead til about week 14. Heard the HB at week 10. Now I'm anxiously awaiting/dreading my appt on Monday bc I hope I hear that HB again. I'll be week 17. Having an MC really messes with your head bc besides the constant peering and being out of breath my symptoms seem to be gone too!

I don't know much about the meds. How far along are you? Do you have BP issues w/o pregnancy? Do you have a history of BP probs while preg? My BP didn't have issues until week 39 last time, but I don't know what is normal.

#618 of 1252 Old 05-03-2014, 07:26 AM

Quote:

My doctors are waiting on the BP meds until my first trimester is over.  And even then they are still being skeptical.  As for not feeling pregnant, if you asked me this last week, I would definitely say I don't feel it.  But yesterday was a day of the weepies (constantly) and today I woke up to morning sickness.  Symptoms come and go.  Don't let it bug you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by edubluv View Post

Honestly I felt like the walking dead til about week 14. Heard the HB at week 10. Now I'm anxiously awaiting/dreading my appt on Monday bc I hope I hear that HB again. I'll be week 17. Having an MC really messes with your head bc besides the constant peering and being out of breath my symptoms seem to be gone too!

I don't know much about the meds. How far along are you? Do you have BP issues w/o pregnancy? Do you have a history of BP probs while preg? My BP didn't have issues until week 39 last time, but I don't know what is normal.

That heartbeat will still be there!  Don't let it get it to you!

AFM: 10 weeks today!  And my vivid dreams are getting worse.  Hubby tells me not to let them get to me and to just sleep.  He really doesn't get that it isn't that easy.  I'm feeling very alone with him not having the ability to say no to any job, and our friends are excited but haven't been the most supportive of people.  He asks them to watch over me while he's working, and zero of them show.  It hurts, especially when you're confined to your house.  >.<

Sarah & DH Alan 

#619 of 1252 Old 05-03-2014, 07:36 AM

Never really had BP probs before. It's always been normal/borderline prehypertension. I am 6w6d today and feel sick as heck right now because of the BP meds. Ughh
#620 of 1252 Old 05-03-2014, 08:21 AM

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quote:

I don't feel pregnant this time at all, and I have NOT been sick, so that adds to me feeling not pregnant. My breasts are still the same, no pain while nursing yet, still have plenty of milk for my toddler's needs. Just tired, but I was tired beforehand, too, lol.

Andrea , child of God, wife of Tim , mama of L, B, J, J

Younique has new products! Come check it out!!
Earn free makeup. Join the sisterhood. Build your future.
#621 of 1252 Old 05-03-2014, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harmony96 View Post

I don't feel pregnant this time at all, and I have NOT been sick, so that adds to me feeling not pregnant. My breasts are still the same, no pain while nursing yet, still have plenty of milk for my toddler's needs. Just tired, but I was tired beforehand, too, lol.

Ok well you also just reminded me my boobs have been hurting sooooo bad, especially right when lil man latches on!!! I guess I still have symptoms, but not the barfy kind, thank goodness!!!

#622 of 1252 Old 05-03-2014, 10:27 AM

10 weeks. And super nauseous. I'm staring at food that I want to eat, but feel like I'm going to puke. Ugh. On a positive note, we have another beautiful day here.
dmariev likes this.

Sarah & DH Alan 

#623 of 1252 Old 05-03-2014, 10:33 AM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quote:

It's 50's here as well.... greensad.gif about 15 degrees down from the normal average... so cold for May! I would just love some 75 degree weather!!!! smile.gif

I feel the same, we've told a few close people but no big announcement. I'm not an announcement kind of person and I don't think we'll do anything in terms of a big public thing. I'm only barely 5 weeks and after a chemical last month we're quite cautious because so much could still go wrong. Once i'm 10 weeks we'll be a bit more liberal with letting people know, or at least that's the plan for now. I just want to make it to 8 weeks, m/c rate drops to 2% then, i'll breather more easily then.

newly married and pregnant, due January 2015.
#624 of 1252 Old 05-03-2014, 03:16 PM

Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)

I've hit 7 weeks and all I want to do today is sleep. Somehow I managed to make it through my DS's soccer game without passing out LOL I also think its time for me to start doing some maternity clothese shopping. My belly is getting a little round and we still have quite a ways to go. 

badwolf092087 likes this.

Me (32) - DH (38) - DS (6) - Atlanta, GA
Expecting #2 in Dec 2014

I blog: allthingsandlife.blogspot.com
#625 of 1252 Old 05-04-2014, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaturallyMo View Post

I've hit 7 weeks and all I want to do today is sleep. Somehow I managed to make it through my DS's soccer game without passing out LOL I also think its time for me to start doing some maternity clothese shopping. My belly is getting a little round and we still have quite a ways to go. 
I just hit 7 weeks today and feel ya on the exhausted part! So flipping tired all day!
#626 of 1252 Old 05-04-2014, 05:22 PM

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
We went back to church this afternoon for a work day (the building we're in is nearly 100 years old and we self-maintain it for the most part). I organized and vacuumed the office room, then I sat in one of the pews for a bit. Then I laid down and fell asleep. (Josiah was napping in a pack'n'play in one of the nearby classrooms and the other kids were helping DH and one of the ladies do other various tasks).

And as I was typing that just now, I drooled all over myself. lol

Anyway. After I sat for a minute, I couldn't keep my eyes open anymore and I laid down right there on the pew and fell asleep, despite all the noise and stuff going on all around me. I napped for probably a good 30 minutes before DH was finally ready to go. I threw Josiah's clothes at him and told him I was waiting in the van, lol. I just didn't have the energy to go wake him up. Barely had the energy to carry myself out there.

Andrea , child of God, wife of Tim , mama of L, B, J, J

Younique has new products! Come check it out!!
Earn free makeup. Join the sisterhood. Build your future.
#627 of 1252 Old 05-05-2014, 06:00 AM

I'm (hesitantly) joining this group, I'm almost 5 weeks and I'm starting to get a little bit excited, rather than just terrified something will go wrong.

This week's project will be to get on WIC. I'm not too happy about it, but once I looked up how much food they give you it's a no-brainer. We could really use the help since I'm in school full-time. First step is to get a letter saying I'm pregnant and since I won't see my midwife until at least 8-10 weeks the plan is to go get a letter at a (crisis-type) pregnancy center.

I live in a very welfare-heavy city, and I've already figured out I'll go to one of the suburban offices since a) they'll be less busy and b) are closer anyways.

Does anyone  have experience with WIC? Any pointers, suggestions, warnings?

#628 of 1252 Old 05-05-2014, 06:29 AM

@LouisaG I've been considering the WIC program as well. Especially because my husband's work goes from really consistent to barely anything, and I'm having a hard time getting a new job. Let me know how it goes for you. And congrats! I'm happy to see you here.

Sarah & DH Alan 

#629 of 1252 Old 05-05-2014, 06:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by badwolf092087 View Post

@LouisaG I've been considering the WIC program as well. Especially because my husband's work goes from really consistent to barely anything, and I'm having a hard time getting a new job. Let me know how it goes for you. And congrats! I'm happy to see you here.
Thank you! I have an appointment Wednesday, I'll let you know how it goes. Look at the list of foods you get, it's quite a bit. It'd have to be a giant hassle for me to turn it down.

#630 of 1252 Old 05-05-2014, 06:39 AM

So yesterday at around 5pm I had a severe panic attack. My momma cat got out, and a random dog attacked her. It took almost half an hour to get her out of the dog's grip and I scared him off. But my momma cat didn't make it. I'm feeling like a horrible momma myself... My panic attack didn't ease up at all and my breathing became all messed up. And then I started having sharp pains in my lower abdomen. So I went to the ER. I Had the worst IV ever given to me. My left arm is still not able to move well. They didn't hydrate me for almost 3 hours in case they would need to operate. They did EKGs, had me hooked up to a heart rate monitor and did an ultrasound. The positive- my little muffin is doing well. When the ultrasound tech was doing her thing, he was literally wiggling his/her butt and doing tiny karate kicks. That was the only reassuring thing. And of course, muffin's strong heartbeat. The problem is they discharged me without figuring out the breathing issue and the stomach pain. Their logic was (without asking eve though my answer would have been no) to do a cat scan and an X-ray. And because I refused pain medication. The doctor was rude and told me my pain must not be an 8 or 9 of I won't take pain medication. I explained why and she kept telling me that while that's fine and all, she couldn't do a thing because of the road blocks I apparently put up.

So now I'm home in bed, still have breathing issues and my stomach still has sharp pains. They gave me zofran for my nausea, even though I didn't want it. I'm waiting to hear from my OB and see what he thinks. :/

Sarah & DH Alan 

User Tag List
jenjy

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page