Grad Club: Where the group discussion continues after the ONE thread! - Page 28 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 
 70Likes

Old 05-21-2014, 03:50 PM

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Still waiting on results

SAHM (32)  Married to a bearded hunk (28) , DS  11/00, DD  06/09, two  in 2013,the final piece to our puzzle   is due 12/14
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-21-2014, 04:46 PM

So apparently my uti was bad enough that it was causing me to cramp. They did fluids and I.V. antibiotics. Baby looked good, phew. I was so worried. Thank you so much for the concerns.

SAHM (32)  Married to a bearded hunk (28) , DS  11/00, DD  06/09, two  in 2013,the final piece to our puzzle   is due 12/14
Old 05-21-2014, 04:54 PM

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Glad it was "just" a UTI. Hope that clears up quickly for you.

Andrea , child of God, wife of Tim , mama of L, B, J, J

Younique has new products! Come check it out!!
Earn free makeup. Join the sisterhood. Build your future.
Old 05-21-2014, 05:08 PM

Mentioned: 47 Post(s)
Quoted: 100 Post(s)

Thank goodness!!

Sarah & DH Alan 

Our angel in heaven, DS Connor 10/2/09 to 10/5/09  
2 pups, 11 cats  and always rescuing more!  RIP Momma Furby </3
Baby #2, a GIRL!, due Nov 29th, 2014  

Old 05-21-2014, 05:44 PM

It was pretty bad for a while there. I was sure I was losing Little. Now I'm just exhausted heh heh Darn anxiety!

Old 05-21-2014, 05:51 PM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmariev View Post

So apparently my uti was bad enough that it was causing me to cramp. They did fluids and I.V. antibiotics. Baby looked good, phew. I was so worried. Thank you so much for the concerns.

SO glad the baby is looking good!!   heal fast, mama!

Momma to K ('01), E ('03) and A ('07)
Acting as a Gestational Surrogate for my cousin, EDD Jan 17th
Old 05-21-2014, 06:06 PM

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)

I'm glad it turned out all right. I have heard of UTIs causing cramping like that before.

Now mom to a boy born January 2010. 
Cautiously expecting Dec 2014!

12/08 (6 weeks),  1/13 (11 weeks), &  12/13 (9.5 weeks)
Old 05-21-2014, 06:42 PM

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Glad things are okay and baby is good. Praying you heal quickly.
Old 05-21-2014, 07:32 PM

Mentioned: 69 Post(s)
Quoted: 132 Post(s)
So happy baby is ok!

DH 31; Me 30; DD 6; DS 1; Baby boy due Dec 17th

Old 05-21-2014, 07:38 PM

I got the call from the people who did the first round of genetic testing today.  Everything looks great so far.  Next week when I go in for my ultrasound with my OB, I get paperwork directing me to the hospital to get blood drawn.  Yay!  (Not).

Sarah & DH Alan 

Old 05-21-2014, 11:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by badwolf092087 View Post

I got the call from the people who did the first round of genetic testing today.  Everything looks great so far.  Next week when I go in for my ultrasound with my OB, I get paperwork directing me to the hospital to get blood drawn.  Yay!  (Not).
I totally hate the blood work too, but yay for good results! How are you feeling?

Old 05-22-2014, 04:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmariev View Post

I totally hate the blood work too, but yay for good results! How are you feeling?

I've been feeling normal. And that sounds strange. But since I hit 12 weeks, I just have headaches, a never ending appetite, and need to pee even more. All last night I felt the growing pains and had to keep laying on my left side. I would wake up and find myself in my right and in pain. You would think my body would know better lol.

As far as blood work goes, I don't mind it. Unless I get the ladies who don't do it right and leave me bruised for a week. I offer to do it for them and they think I am a drug user. No, I'm a med school drop out lol.

Sarah & DH Alan 

Old 05-22-2014, 07:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harmony96 View Post

maofl, that could be round ligament stretching.

dmarie, cute bump!

Wow, so many appointments on Thursday. Mine's Thursday, too, but it's just a "regular" appointment. I'm 13 weeks today! I was crazy and subbed to the "How early do you feel baby move" thread in my DDC (I think) and people there are feeling their babies at like 9-10 weeks. rolleyes.gif: Every pregnancy, I get hopeful that I might feel it early, but it still never happens for me until about 16 weeks.

I'm glad you said that because I was starting to wonder if I felt something yesterday but I convinced myself it was too early.

Ultrasound showed one baby measuring right on time at 10w1d with a heartbeat and I could see its hand moving. Not as active as DS was during his early ultrasound, but maybe that's a good sign (calmer child). The technician spent a lot of time trying to take pictures of my ovaries. I'm not sure what that was about, but I will ask my doctor when I see him next week.

Old 05-22-2014, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NSmomtobe View Post

I'm glad you said that because I was starting to wonder if I felt something yesterday but I convinced myself it was too early.

Ultrasound showed one baby measuring right on time at 10w1d with a heartbeat and I could see its hand moving. Not as active as DS was during his early ultrasound, but maybe that's a good sign (calmer child). The technician spent a lot of time trying to take pictures of my ovaries. I'm not sure what that was about, but I will ask my doctor when I see him next week.

If you haven't had an ultrasound prior, they're generally trying to measure and check for systs. Making sure everything looks kosher in there for you. smile.gif

Sarah & DH Alan 

Old 05-22-2014, 12:44 PM

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Sounds like everyone is doing pretty well these days. Just started feeling baby at 17 weeks. Officially 20 weeks on Saturday and I just finally announced my pregnancy on Facebook. My announcement was super cute, not toot my own horn! 😜 next Thursday, the 29th, is my scheduled US. Still trying to decided why it's necessary and if I am really going to do it. We shall see.

Me , DH , DS 11/11, M/C 08/13 , #2 EDD 10/11/14 
Old 05-22-2014, 01:31 PM

Hi ladies! Nsmomtobe we are right in the same track! I'm measuring 10 weeks exactly I'm 10 weeks 1 day based on LMP. Glad your US went well. Mine went good as well. Only one baby! I got to see him/her moving around and heat the heartbeat!!

Old 05-22-2014, 01:35 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by edubluv View Post

Sounds like everyone is doing pretty well these days. Just started feeling baby at 17 weeks. Officially 20 weeks on Saturday and I just finally announced my pregnancy on Facebook. My announcement was super cute, not toot my own horn! 😜 next Thursday, the 29th, is my scheduled US. Still trying to decided why it's necessary and if I am really going to do it. We shall see.

You only have to say if you want to share - how did you announce it?! Just out of sheer curiosity :)

newly married and pregnant, due January 2015.
Old 05-22-2014, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LouisaG View Post

You only have to say if you want to share - how did you announce it?! Just out of sheer curiosity smile.gif

4 pictures side by side, my son holding a different sign in each pic. 1. Mommy is due 2. With baby b 2 3. Coming our way 4. One fine autumn day ... He had super adorable funny faces/ poses in each pic. Maybe I'll try to figure out how to post a pic bc it is definitely cuter than me describing it.

Old 05-22-2014, 02:06 PM

We called my son Baby B throughout the whole pregnancy bc we did not know gender.

Old 05-22-2014, 02:21 PM

So my appointment today got canceled b/c of a birth. orngtongue.gif The "desk" lady did call me and leave a message, but I got it while I was in the shower and then didn't notice anything until I got there. I needed to meet w/ the financial guy anyway since he was at lunch at our last appointment, so we went ahead and did that and she rescheduled me for tomorrow. They have a "Facebook check-in" thing where if you check in eight times, you get a discount on supplements, and she said I could go ahead and check in today and tomorrow, lol, so I did that. I also randomly asked about the MaterniT21 test, and they have that, but it's a different company, and the way she explained it to me, I think it's doable. DH and I talked about it on the way home and he wants to do it as well. My MW will tell me more about it tomorrow.

Old 05-22-2014, 02:21 PM

Yay for a good u/s, NSMom! orngbiggrin.gif

Old 05-23-2014, 04:18 AM

@Kita4was thinking of you! You never updated us in your appt. I hope everything went well!

Old 05-23-2014, 05:05 AM

Well, today is the last day of school for my DS. Taking him to school and heading straight to my OB office as I am 9 weeks (will be 10w Sunday) and woke this morning. Went to the restroom and found I am spotting when I wiped... I'm so upset and nervous right now because SO and I were supposed to tell his family tomorrow. And I'm nervous because we already told DS who is 8. I am scared I might have to tell him I lost the baby. 😭 I am so nervous and trying to stay calm....
Old 05-23-2014, 07:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maof1 View Post

Well, today is the last day of school for my DS. Taking him to school and heading straight to my OB office as I am 9 weeks (will be 10w Sunday) and woke this morning. Went to the restroom and found I am spotting when I wiped... I'm so upset and nervous right now because SO and I were supposed to tell his family tomorrow. And I'm nervous because we already told DS who is 8. I am scared I might have to tell him I lost the baby. 😭 I am so nervous and trying to stay calm....

Hugs mama. I don't know what to say other than I'm sending you warm thoughts and best wishes. Hope all is well.

Old 05-23-2014, 07:34 AM

I swear I need to take a suite out in the ER. I was there again last night. Don't worry, the baby is alright. Little muffin does back flips while I'm suffering in pain. I keep having sharp pains and bright red bleeding. They have three ideas but I eliminated one the moment they suggested it. They thought constipation, but it's not that. So they're going with the UTI never went away and it got worse, or I'm having kidney issues. And if it is kidney issues, it can't be treated until after pregnancy. So I'm on a more restricted schedule, not full bed rest but might as well be. I can't do anything unsupervised. I feel like I'm becoming more of an inconvenience during this pregnancy. Can't go back to work (my bosses will probably be thrilled at the temp agency), can't leave the house by myself, and they want someone with me as much as possible. Blah.

On the baby note, I'm at the point where my ob and the hospital on said there's no chance of loss. My cervix is very much closed, every vital for the baby is "perfect," and we are growing at a great pace. Albeit a fast pace but great.

I barely slept last night and now I have a day full of things to do with my husband because he won't leave me at home alone.

Sarah & DH Alan 

Old 05-23-2014, 08:16 AM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:

Hugs!! I so hope all is well.

newly married and pregnant, due January 2015.
Old 05-23-2014, 08:34 AM

Quote:

I hope all is well too, but I know how scary spotting is.

I hope you get good news today.

Old 05-23-2014, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by badwolf092087 View Post

I swear I need to take a suite out in the ER. I was there again last night. Don't worry, the baby is alright. Little muffin does back flips while I'm suffering in pain. I keep having sharp pains and bright red bleeding. They have three ideas but I eliminated one the moment they suggested it. They thought constipation, but it's not that. So they're going with the UTI never went away and it got worse, or I'm having kidney issues. And if it is kidney issues, it can't be treated until after pregnancy. So I'm on a more restricted schedule, not full bed rest but might as well be. I can't do anything unsupervised. I feel like I'm becoming more of an inconvenience during this pregnancy. Can't go back to work (my bosses will probably be thrilled at the temp agency), can't leave the house by myself, and they want someone with me as much as possible. Blah.

On the baby note, I'm at the point where my ob and the hospital on said there's no chance of loss. My cervix is very much closed, every vital for the baby is "perfect," and we are growing at a great pace. Albeit a fast pace but great.

I barely slept last night and now I have a day full of things to do with my husband because he won't leave me at home alone.

I am right there with you on the needing a suite at the ER! Lol! Glad your little muffin is doing well.

AFM I went straight to the OB this morning as soon as I dropped my son out at school. I let them know this is the 2nd time I have spotted this pregnancy as well as I had a miscarriage in December. This Dr who saw me was super nice! I like him! I may just start seeing him instead of the lady I was seeing. Lol! He had them do an immediate ultrasound on me. I was so scared for baby! In this particular office they have a giant monitor on the wall so you can look straight at it instead of having to crook your neck to see the monitor the tech is using. I saw baby appear quickly but I couldn't see the heart or heartbeat at first. Thankfully the tech was able to see it and even though I am not far enough along to hear it strongly yet she could see it appear on the screen. 167 BPM!!! Phew! She also said baby is growing perfectly for how far along I am. I will be 10weeks on Sunday. I also informed the Dr that when she was doing the US that I felt tender and sore down there (was a vag ultrasound) when the tech was over the baby but had no tenderness or pain when she was over my cysts on my left ovary. He seemed concerned about it and decided the best course was a progesterone injection to relax my uterus due to the pain and also help protect baby. So I had the injection and go back in two weeks. I was also put on strict bed rest for the next 24hrs.
Thank you all for the concern. I was scared so bad!
On a positive I got two pictures of my butter bean and showed them to my DS who got the cutest look on his face and asked, "IS THAT THE BABY???" It was so adorable! Here is my current US picture from today.

@maof1 is everything ok!!??

Haha we must have posted at the same time!

User Tag List
jenjy