Grad Club: Where the group discussion continues after the ONE thread! - Page 32 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 
 70Likes

Old 06-05-2014, 09:13 AM

Mentioned: 119 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Just posted in the TTC thread as well... the line is lighter this morning. Today is 14DPO, which is on the right. Should have been as dark or darker than control. There was no spotting today though.

Jen , mom to DD12  and DS7   and six  ('01, '06, '13, '13, '14, '14).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-05-2014, 10:17 AM

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)
[QUOTE=jenjy;17657817]

Yay, I hope you like the midwife! My sis-in-law had several babies as VBACs at home - they were such wonderful experiences for her, she started studying to become a midwife.

I'm very hopeful now! I do like the midwife as I know her already bc she is my DSs primary ND. She is older and very wise about birth. I'm finally starting to get comfy about birth again! I'll see her on June 17th.
Old 06-05-2014, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenjy View Post
Just posted in the TTC thread as well... the line is lighter this morning. Today is 14DPO, which is on the right. Should have been as dark or darker than control. There was no spotting today though.
Looking pretty solid, sounding solid as well without the bleeding. FWIW my sticks only got about that dark when I finally stopped peeing on them 30dpo. I have good feelings about this for you!
Old 06-05-2014, 11:48 AM

Mentioned: 69 Post(s)
Quoted: 132 Post(s)
Quote:
How come you haven't gotten betas done?
Old 06-05-2014, 12:01 PM

Mentioned: 47 Post(s)
Quoted: 100 Post(s)
When I took my two pregnancy tests this time around, the first one (12dpo I think) was super dark. The second one was a little lighter, but apparently the FRER can do that sometimes. Positive thoughts jenjy! And get your betas done, sweetie!

Sarah & DH Alan 

Our angel in heaven, DS Connor 10/2/09 to 10/5/09  
2 pups, 11 cats  and always rescuing more!  RIP Momma Furby </3
Baby #2, a GIRL!, due Nov 29th, 2014  

Old 06-05-2014, 01:01 PM

Thanks for the positive thoughts, @edubluv ! And that's fantastic about the midwife! Seriously great news!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by apeydef View Post
How come you haven't gotten betas done?
Because in the past, my early betas have seemed so promising. Then they start looking not so great, but I just look at betabase and say why can't my doubling times work if these wretched ones are reported at betabase? Then my betas go down, but I always 100% know they are going down by the time I get beta confirmation. Plus the lab is really slow at getting my results... like I probably won't know today's until Monday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by badwolf092087 View Post
When I took my two pregnancy tests this time around, the first one (12dpo I think) was super dark. The second one was a little lighter, but apparently the FRER can do that sometimes. Positive thoughts jenjy! And get your betas done, sweetie!
Thank you for the encouragement!! In the past, FRERs have typically been pretty solid indicators for me, so it is good to hear situations where they weren't. I'm going to go ahead and get my beta drawn today!

And I did have to stop in quickly to say that I took another test a little while ago and the test line is darker than the control!!! I'm shocked!! I have pic but I'll have to post it later!

Old 06-05-2014, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Thanks for the positive thoughts, @edubluv ! And that's fantastic about the midwife! Seriously great news!!

Because in the past, my early betas have seemed so promising. Then they start looking not so great, but I just look at betabase and say why can't my doubling times work if these wretched ones are reported at betabase? Then my betas go down, but I always 100% know they are going down by the time I get beta confirmation. Plus the lab is really slow at getting my results... like I probably won't know today's until Monday.

Thank you for the encouragement!! In the past, FRERs have typically been pretty solid indicators for me, so it is good to hear situations where they weren't. I'm going to go ahead and get my beta drawn today!

And I did have to stop in quickly to say that I took another test a little while ago and the test line is darker than the control!!! I'm shocked!! I have pic but I'll have to post it later!
I can't wait to see the new photo. And remember, sometimes FMU isn't always the strongest indicator for HCG levels. Have you had any early pregnancy symptoms? All of our talks so far and I've failed to ask you this!

Sarah & DH Alan 

Old 06-05-2014, 02:11 PM

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
@jenjy
I'm so excited for you! Praying that your betas are up and continue to go up!
Old 06-05-2014, 03:47 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
How is everyone doing on here? I haven't been around much - either out of town or out of pocket doing home remodel projects.
Anything major happening (or that happened) recently?
I saw some bump photos - it seems like there's no way those could be possible already!

Right now I'm a little past the 7 month mark and starting to feel it. It's beginning to slow me down, which is probably why I'm getting a chance to get back on here and chat. The pressure of an immovable deadline has really kept us burning the midnight oil. Anyone else feeling like that?
We've remodeled 2 bedrooms and a bathroom, taken 2 vacations, bought a new vehicle and have the general look of an explosion throughout the house due to the above-mentioned activities. We are now in the "regrouping" phase. What a trip this is!

Here's my 7 month snapshot. The spot on my arm is paint...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 28 wks.jpg (50.0 KB, 21 views)
Old 06-05-2014, 04:54 PM

Hi inna! I was beginning to think you were mad at us lol! Your belly is so little. I usually don't really start popping until 5 months but by 7 I'm pretty big! I also have big babies though and walk out of the hospital almost to pre pregnancy weight! So crazy you're already 7 months!!
Old 06-05-2014, 04:54 PM

Jenjy I'm do happy! This sounds so promising!!!
Old 06-05-2014, 05:43 PM

@innacircle yay! Your belly is so adorable and tiny for 7 months! What's your secret? Missed you around here! Are you happy with how the house is turning out?

Sarah & DH Alan 

Old 06-05-2014, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by badwolf092087 View Post
I can't wait to see the new photo. And remember, sometimes FMU isn't always the strongest indicator for HCG levels. Have you had any early pregnancy symptoms? All of our talks so far and I've failed to ask you this!
Thanks!! Yes, I have been feeling symptoms and they helped me keep the hope going during the spotting days. I'm on progesterone supplementation though, so it's hard to tell what's real and what's just due to the supplementation.

@maof1 and @apeydef , thank you so much!

@innacircle , I love that shot! You totally popped! Looking forward to pics of the completed remodel!!

Here is my 14DPO test pic from lunch time today, with the test line darker than the control! I took a Clear Blue Easy with weeks indicator after getting my hcg drawn and it said "2-3" (so, 4-5 weeks pregnant) -- I couldn't believe it! Back in Feb (the only other time I tried these fancy CBE's), I had decent betas and an earlier BFP and I did not get 2-3 on the CBE until 15 DPO late evening. So I think I'll get a good number from my beta today! Wow!

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 14DPO_noon_smallerpic.jpg (30.8 KB, 44 views)
File Type: jpg CBE_14_smallerpic.jpg (25.6 KB, 45 views)

Old 06-05-2014, 09:48 PM

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
jenjy, love the new pic!

inna, I had to read your post twice to make sure that really was a 7-month pic b/c I looked like that at 7 weeks, lol. You're so compact!

AFM, I'm feeling teeeeeeny little bumps that I'm 97% sure are baby almost daily now. So exciting.

Andrea , child of God, wife of Tim , mama of L, B, J, J

Younique has new products! Come check it out!!
Earn free makeup. Join the sisterhood. Build your future.
Old 06-05-2014, 11:37 PM - Thread Starter

apeydef - no, no other reason for my absence aside from pressure to pull it all together before I'm too big to be useful! We have no (zero) outside help so that's really kept me focused.

badwolf - My best guess about my belly is that I was a gymnast in my teens. I also swam endlessly. Small looking or not, I have gained 28 lbs. BOOM!
The house is coming along great except I wish our progress was faster. Since I'm a lame-o and spend half the time "supervising" from a nearby chair, things are taking longer than I anticipated. At least DH is on board with that 100% and really encourages me to take it easy. In fact, I don't think he'd care if I totally abandoned helping him as long as I keep the kitchen up and running!

jenjy - your BFPs and the 2-3 weeks result pretty much knocked my socks off. I am so very happy and hopeful for you.

harmony - I think my belly is just hidden in my blossoming "barrel" shape. Plus, my butt is just as big on the back side now! I'm gonna come out of the hospital with a flatter belly but total junk in the trunk. This should be interesting...
Old 06-06-2014, 05:38 AM

@innacircle
I about fell out of my chair laughing when I read, "I'm gonna come out of the hospital with a flatter belly but total junk in the trunk. This should be interesting..." That was great!

AFM... I am about to walk out the door to my OB appt this morning. Praying everything is okay. I'm supposed I hear the heartbeat today.
Pray for me as I am taking 3 boys with me to my appt. So's 2 oldest boys (10&9) and my son (8).

Have a great day everyone.
Old 06-06-2014, 06:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maof1 View Post
@innacircle
I about fell out of my chair laughing when I read, "I'm gonna come out of the hospital with a flatter belly but total junk in the trunk. This should be interesting..." That was great!

AFM... I am about to walk out the door to my OB appt this morning. Praying everything is okay. I'm supposed I hear the heartbeat today.
Pray for me as I am taking 3 boys with me to my appt. So's 2 oldest boys (10&9) and my son (8).

Have a great day everyone.
Have fun hearing that heartbeat!

Me , DH , DS 11/11, M/C 08/13 , #2 EDD 10/11/14 
Old 06-06-2014, 06:51 AM

Quote:
Thanks!! Yes, I have been feeling symptoms and they helped me keep the hope going during the spotting days. I'm on progesterone supplementation though, so it's hard to tell what's real and what's just due to the supplementation.

@maof1 and @apeydef , thank you so much!

@innacircle , I love that shot! You totally popped! Looking forward to pics of the completed remodel!!

Here is my 14DPO test pic from lunch time today, with the test line darker than the control! I took a Clear Blue Easy with weeks indicator after getting my hcg drawn and it said "2-3" (so, 4-5 weeks pregnant) -- I couldn't believe it! Back in Feb (the only other time I tried these fancy CBE's), I had decent betas and an earlier BFP and I did not get 2-3 on the CBE until 15 DPO late evening. So I think I'll get a good number from my beta today! Wow!

Looking good lady!

Old 06-06-2014, 06:56 AM

Here's my belly @ 21 weeks!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg photo.jpg (156.7 KB, 8 views)

Old 06-06-2014, 07:09 AM

This pregnancy and I aren't agreeing as we should. My uterus is stretching enough to keep me in constant pain, doing anything for more than 10 min makes me dizzy or nauseous, and the obscene amount of pressure I feel makes me actually vomit. I'm trying to deal each day, get out for a couple of "supervised" hours a day per doctor's orders, but I feel awful. And there's nothing they can do for the pain. I smile but I'm miserable inside. I've been told I have the most important job and to focus on the baby, but it just makes me upset. I feel useless and like a pain to people.

I've been refraining from saying anything but talking to hubby gets me the "focus on growing muffin" speech. Whenever I'm alone, I'm crying. And I'm suppose to handle 5.5 more months of this. I feel like I'm losing it.
Old 06-06-2014, 08:53 AM

@Harmony96 , thanks! And how exciting to feel baby! Aww!!! I love it!

@innacircle , it's like you are entirely muscle and baby. There's no mistaking your bump for anything else! LOL at your "junk" -- nah, it's going to melt right off. And thanks for the good thoughts for me!

@maof1 - so excited for you! Can't wait to hear the good report!

thanks, @edubluv ! And what a cute belly!

@badwolf092087 , I'm so sorry to hear how uncomfortable you are. I struggled with severe nausea with DS and I remember that helpless useless feeling. I can't even imagine having pain on top of it! I'm sorry!! I wish there was something helpful I could pass on, but I just don't know. Hugs to you.

Old 06-06-2014, 09:46 AM

My blood for the test is going to have to be re-drawn, boo. My next appointment is coming up on Wednesday so I'll just wait and do it then.

Old 06-06-2014, 12:53 PM

Harmony that stinks!!

Innacircle, I know what it's like not to have a lot of help! Hubby's mom lives three hours away. My mom can't always be trusted and I am very picky about who I will leave my kids with.
Old 06-06-2014, 01:06 PM - Thread Starter

maof1 - so how'd it go? You've got quite a party there with 3 boys... I love that age though. They're so inquisitive.

edubluv - nice belly shot! Wow, how time is flying for you - still so happy that you got your sticky, happy BFP.

badwolf - I can understand how you feel, but only a little bit. I have tiny glimpses of it slowing me down (shortness of breath, discomfort, etc) and end up sitting on the sidelines while DH gets stuff done. It drives me nuts and is hard to come to terms with. I can't imagine it on a grander scale like you're having it though - sheesh! The days go by so slowly when things are like that too - what have you been doing to keep yourself occupied?

harmony - I guess I missed it. What blood test are you getting?

AFM - I had big plans of cooking, baking and general prepping to wrap up a bunch of remodel stuff this weekend, but it looks like that plan has been completely derailed. My tailbone is hurting and I'm worn out before I even got started! First, I was gonna make cookies... got the ingredients out and then felt like "no way - I don't have the energy for this." I think I'm gonna go watch some mindless stuff on Neflix, which is really the bottom of the barrel activity-wise for me. It feels so lame!
Old 06-06-2014, 01:20 PM

Inna, I'm getting the MaterniT21 test. My birth center just started offering it last month so I'm their guinea pig. It tests for a few common trisomies as well as gender. I was hoping to get results way before my ultrasound, but now I think I'll be getting results just two weeks before that, lol. Oh well.

Old 06-06-2014, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harmony96 View Post
Inna, I'm getting the MaterniT21 test. My birth center just started offering it last month so I'm their guinea pig. It tests for a few common trisomies as well as gender. I was hoping to get results way before my ultrasound, but now I think I'll be getting results just two weeks before that, lol. Oh well.
I did my first round of genetic testing on a Wednesday and got the results back exactly a week afterwards. Unfortunately, I apparently don't "qualify" for the gender test because I'm too "young" and have no abnormalities showing up on my results. Hopefully your results come back as quickly!

Sarah & DH Alan 

Old 06-06-2014, 02:13 PM - Thread Starter

Harmony - I had the MaterniT21 test done too... did it around 11 weeks. Results took exactly one week from the blood draw. Hey - a couple of weeks is a long time when you're wondering!

badwolf - that is royally lame that they wouldn't give you boy/girl results. All they do is report the presence of a Y chromosome.
Old 06-06-2014, 02:27 PM

@innacircle my insurance doesn't cover the gender blood test if you're under 30/35, or something is wrong. It's so silly. Hopefully the 16th muffin reveals itself.

Sarah & DH Alan 

Old 06-06-2014, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by innacircle View Post
Harmony - I had the MaterniT21 test done too... did it around 11 weeks. Results took exactly one week from the blood draw. Hey - a couple of weeks is a long time when you're wondering!
That's good that it came back so fast. It was all just a weird timing thing that made my first test bad. They drew my blood super late in the day on Friday, the Friday before Memorial Day, so by the time Tuesday came and they could ship it out, it was too late for the lab to get what they needed. But my appointment on Wednesday is earlier in the day, so hoping that they're able to do it this time.

Old 06-06-2014, 06:16 PM

Hello all. Just a quick update. My appointment went well...

Unfortunately, I forgot today was my GSR test... YUCK! I can't stand cherry or fruit punch ANYTHING and of course the flavor has to be fruit punch. I managed to drink it down in 3 big gulps to get the thing going. Then I went to hear the heart beat. At first the midwife couldn't find it which scared the pee outta me. Then she found it. 167 beats per minute! Yay!
Once that was done I had to go sit in the lab waiting area again.. With just 25 minutes to go I could feel that nasty sugary sweet stuff making it's way back up... I managed to hold it down until after the blood draw! Yay for me!
I did however get complimented on the behavior of the boys! A lady came in the waiting area I was in and heard me talking about them. She said they were so well behaved in the main lobby! I was a proud momma at that point!

All is well but as I type this I feel the urge to get sick again... So I'm out. Have a good night ladies!

User Tag List
jenjy