Grad Club: Where the group discussion continues after the ONE thread! - Page 33 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 
 70Likes

#961 of 1252 Old 06-07-2014, 07:02 AM

Mentioned: 119 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harmony96 View Post
My blood for the test is going to have to be re-drawn, boo. My next appointment is coming up on Wednesday so I'll just wait and do it then.
That is such a bummer! And they should have told you a lot sooner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by innacircle View Post
AFM - I had big plans of cooking, baking and general prepping to wrap up a bunch of remodel stuff this weekend, but it looks like that plan has been completely derailed. My tailbone is hurting and I'm worn out before I even got started! First, I was gonna make cookies... got the ingredients out and then felt like "no way - I don't have the energy for this." I think I'm gonna go watch some mindless stuff on Neflix, which is really the bottom of the barrel activity-wise for me. It feels so lame!
OK, I'll stop you right there at "I had big plans." There's where you went wrong. You've got time for the remodel stuff; however, *I* can hear those cookies calling from way out here, so I feel for you that those didn't get made. Oh, here's what to do... get all the ingredients back out, mix 'em up, and then just make one giant bar cookie. So you're not plopping/baking/waiting/stacking/repeat for an hour - maybe that will help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maof1 View Post
Hello all. Just a quick update. My appointment went well...
I am thrilled for you that y'all found the heartbeat! Yay!! And that is wonderful that your three boys did so well! I'm sure that was very nice to hear.

AFM - the FRER was lighter this morning. I won't get Thursday's beta results until Monday, and I can't get redrawn until Mon (and results would be Wednesday, blah). However, I have a CBE w/ weeks indicator. Two days ago I took one and got 2-3. There is a great deal of variation in what hcg triggers what result. So, let's say I had the VERY minimum amount of hcg at that point (at 121, 1 test of out of 90 triggered the 2-3.. and it's much more likely that I was at least mid-150's), then 48 hours later, if all is well, I'd have 240 (more likely mid 300's or higher). And nearly ALL CBEs will show 2-3 at an hcg of 240+. So this afternoon will have been 48 hours. I can take my other CBE and see if I get 1-2 or 2-3. OR maybe I should wait 72 hours...

ETA Just realized that will only give me solid answers if I get 1-2. If I still get 2-3, it's unknown if thing are going well or not. Because my hcg when I took the CBE a couple days ago could've been as high as 250-ish (the FRER by that point WAS darker than the control -- so it wouldn't be totally out of the realm of possibility) ... and then my hcg could have gone up and then back down by now, but still stay within the 2-3 threshold.

Jen , mom to DD12  and DS7   and six  ('01, '06, '13, '13, '14, '14).

Last edited by jenjy; 06-07-2014 at 07:22 AM. Reason: CBE obsessing
#962 of 1252 Old 06-07-2014, 09:57 AM

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenjy View Post
ETA Just realized that will only give me solid answers if I get 1-2. If I still get 2-3, it's unknown if thing are going well or not. Because my hcg when I took the CBE a couple days ago could've been as high as 250-ish (the FRER by that point WAS darker than the control -- so it wouldn't be totally out of the realm of possibility) ... and then my hcg could have gone up and then back down by now, but still stay within the 2-3 threshold.
Jenjy, I know it's hard but don't lose hope Hun. A friend of mine told me that we have to talk back to our fear. If not it will rule over us. I had to do this when I was spotting. I was so terrified it was ALL I thought about. Finally when I did what she said I felt better. I handed it all over to God and told my fear I wouldn't let it rule me any more. Since I did that I haven't been so scared.

AFM, I have found that I can't eat sausage this pregnancy... This baby says NO! Lol! Took a bite of a breakfast burrito that had sausage and had to spit it out ASAP. Oh well... Wasn't a real big fan of sausage anyways.
#963 of 1252 Old 06-07-2014, 10:23 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
maof1 - I bet that was a nice compliment about the boys. Hope you've recovered from that nasty glucose shock today.

jenjy - I ended up making brownies. Way fewer ingredients and bar style. You were right on track with that!
What fresh Hell is that limbo you keep getting into? I am just beside myself - knowing full well nothing I say or feel will affect it - yet it still makes me so freaking irritated, disappointed, and just about crazy (still always supremely hopeful tho). So if you are experiencing any of that, your STL (eek) buddy is with ya.

AFM: Time to go face the music around here. It's crown molding time, which is a mix of sweat, sheer awe/wonder and occasional cursing. Let's hope it's a good day!
#964 of 1252 Old 06-07-2014, 03:09 PM

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Quoted: 89 Post(s)
@jenjy I believe you still have strong lines. I'm praying for you.
@innacircle want to come do my baking in a couple of weeks? Apparently I'm still expected to help out at the church picnic even though I barely have the strength to make my own husband dinner. Brownies sound so delightful right now.
@maof1 sausage isn't the worst of things to not want. One of my biggest issues is onions. I'm Russian, so every recipe I have calls for them in some way or another. It's so annoying! And awesome news that the boys were so well behaved and that you heard little one's heart beat.

AFM I managed to make a trip to the outside world with a friend of mine today. Her daughter is the best. She skipped terrible twos and is having terrible threes instead. I'm exhausted now, so maybe I can sneak in a nap. Hubby won't be home for 4 more hours, so I think I shall try. Our oldest dog messed up my laptop screen, so I'm using the desktop until a buddy of mine replaces it for us. I'm just scared of what he is going to charge to do it. And hopefully that's the only issue. I have too much on there to just start transferring everything. Blah. The thoughts of that stress are exhausting me. I'll be back on later.

Sarah & DH Alan 

Our angel in heaven, DS Connor 10/2/09 to 10/5/09  
2 pups, 11 cats  and always rescuing more!  RIP Momma Furby </3
Baby #2, a GIRL!, due Nov 29th, 2014  

#965 of 1252 Old 06-07-2014, 09:36 PM

Your positive thoughts mean a lot to me!! I posted in the TTC thread a little earlier this evening (then got pulled into bedtime stories) so I had to come on here and share as well. I will come back and do personals but had to quickly update y'all with the news that my test this evening was fantastic!! I am seriously confused, but I'll take it. I've never seen FRERs act so strangely. I will certainly not be testing on a FRER tomorrow! And I have nothing else in the house right now except my CBE, so hopefully just no testing tomorrow at all.

#966 of 1252 Old 06-07-2014, 09:46 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
...had to quickly update y'all with the news that my test this evening was fantastic!!
YES! This just made my night.

badwolf - Truthfully if I was anywhere near you I would come over and take your baking duty with a smile. Did you get your nap?

apeydef - No help/support is a drag. So many people have excellent support structures and I often wonder if they have any clue how lucky they are (and how envious I am). Got the green eye over here.
#967 of 1252 Old 06-08-2014, 03:33 AM

Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
Quoted: 116 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by maof1 View Post
Hello all. Just a quick update. My appointment went well...

Unfortunately, I forgot today was my GSR test... YUCK! I can't stand cherry or fruit punch ANYTHING and of course the flavor has to be fruit punch. I managed to drink it down in 3 big gulps to get the thing going. Then I went to hear the heart beat. At first the midwife couldn't find it which scared the pee outta me. Then she found it. 167 beats per minute! Yay!
Once that was done I had to go sit in the lab waiting area again.. With just 25 minutes to go I could feel that nasty sugary sweet stuff making it's way back up... I managed to hold it down until after the blood draw! Yay for me!
I did however get complimented on the behavior of the boys! A lady came in the waiting area I was in and heard me talking about them. She said they were so well behaved in the main lobby! I was a proud momma at that point!

All is well but as I type this I feel the urge to get sick again... So I'm out. Have a good night ladies!
Wow they do this early at your office. I'm always much farther along when I have to drink that icky stuff!
#968 of 1252 Old 06-08-2014, 03:46 AM

Badwolf: in my experience it's always been terrible threes lol. My kids are a delight at two and start getting sassy at 3. Unfortunately my DD has not stopped she is now 5. The sassiness has gotten worse each year, here's hoping 6 is better!! Lol

Inna circle: hope the room turns out how you imagined. With DD we did the works. New everything, pretty paint, new molding that I loved. Decorated to the T. Second child got new bedding a couple homemade pictures and some wall decals and that was it lol. We didn't even buy him a crib until 3 months. This baby doesn't even have a room. Our house is a three bedroom, so the baby will be with us for at least three months anyway and then we will have to shift everyone around and figure something out. Fortunately we have a family room downstairs that could be turned into a room so my oldest might end up down there.
#969 of 1252 Old 06-08-2014, 03:49 AM

Haha sorry for the ramble!!!

Jenjy: let us know your results today!!! Can't believe they take so long. My office they know the next day!

Harmony: can't wait for your results either!!!

All this exciting news!

AFM: only three days until I can hear the heartbeat and relax some. I already decided too I'm going to ho back to having a cup of coffee in the morning after the 1 st trimester lol. Looking forward to that. Oh the small things.
#970 of 1252 Old 06-08-2014, 09:12 AM

Thanks, @maof1 -- I appreciate your advice. Once I know what is going on, I can come to terms with it! I think my biggest fear is of the unknown, so that is what I need to work on.

About the sausage, it's a good thing you weren't hugely fond of it anyway. Isn't it funny (not haha, but weird funny) how strongly our bodies can react to certain foods when pregnant?

Quote:
What fresh Hell is that limbo you keep getting into? I am just beside myself - knowing full well nothing I say or feel will affect it - yet it still makes me so freaking irritated, disappointed, and just about crazy (still always supremely hopeful tho). So if you are experiencing any of that, your STL (eek) buddy is with ya.
@innacircle , thanks so much! Yes, I'm mirroring all those!

How did the crown molding go??? Such lofty goals in the innacircle household!

Quote:
Originally Posted by badwolf092087 View Post
AFM I managed to make a trip to the outside world with a friend of mine today. Her daughter is the best. She skipped terrible twos and is having terrible threes instead. I'm exhausted now, so maybe I can sneak in a nap. Hubby won't be home for 4 more hours, so I think I shall try. Our oldest dog messed up my laptop screen, so I'm using the desktop until a buddy of mine replaces it for us. I'm just scared of what he is going to charge to do it. And hopefully that's the only issue. I have too much on there to just start transferring everything. Blah. The thoughts of that stress are exhausting me. I'll be back on later.
Thank you, badwolf, I appreciate it! It must have been nice to get out and about... sorry it caught up with you in the form of exhaustion! Last thing you need! Yikes about the computer -- I'm hoping it's just the screen and isn't too bad to replace.

Quote:
Originally Posted by apeydef View Post

Jenjy: let us know your results today!!! Can't believe they take so long. My office they know the next day!

AFM: only three days until I can hear the heartbeat and relax some. I already decided too I'm going to ho back to having a cup of coffee in the morning after the 1 st trimester lol. Looking forward to that. Oh the small things.
I KNOW. I see people posting their beta the same day it was drawn, and I'm all 'how do I sign up for that?!' The worst one was one time last year I got drawn on a Wednesday and I did not hear back until the NEXT MONDAY. Unreal.

I can't wait for you to hear the heartbeat!!

#971 of 1252 Old 06-08-2014, 09:26 AM

I got a message from a "friend" on Facebook today questioning the legitimacy of my medium bed rest. She suggested I go and get a second opinion. My OB is in a practice of 4 different OBs who are very opinionated on things and when they don't agree on a method, you'll know. And on top of that, it was the ER doctors and hospital OB that suggested it with our OB confirming it at a follow up 2 days later. And she still says that I should be doing more than I am. UGH! (I'm pretty sure this is because I won't babysit her terrorist sons.) I know my body very well, actually all to well. I know what it use to be able to handle, and it can barely handle 10% of what it use to. And on top of that now, I have this possible bladder or kidney issue that we need to monitor and I don't feel like making that matter worse. I swear another reason she is questioning the doctor's orders is because my husband asked her to come spend a couple of hours at the house and watch me. He didn't realize I was napping where I was yesterday... I laid down on the dog's big pillow bed with them and just kind of passed out. Opps. He also thinks my going out with our friend yesterday and my 20 minute walk around the neighborhood probably were not the best of things for me to do. This is feeling more like prison than pregnancy.

On top of that, I had the worst nightmare. I was walking around bleeding in my dream and in denial that I was miscarrying. I have zero idea what triggered the dream, but it was vivid enough that I woke up and checked every inch of my body for blood and sat there until I felt the baby kick or flip. I don't know what to make of that dream except for extreme paranoia.

Sorry for the lack of personals. I'll be back on later.

Sarah & DH Alan 

#972 of 1252 Old 06-08-2014, 09:31 AM

Quote:

I KNOW. I see people posting their beta the same day it was drawn, and I'm all 'how do I sign up for that?!' The worst one was one time last year I got drawn on a Wednesday and I did not hear back until the NEXT MONDAY. Unreal.

I can't wait for you to hear the heartbeat!!
Not only that but by the time you get the results your beta have changed. So it seems impossible to monitor them this way. Almost pointless to get it taken really lol
#973 of 1252 Old 06-08-2014, 09:35 AM

Quote:
I got a message from a "friend" on Facebook today questioning the legitimacy of my medium bed rest. She suggested I go and get a second opinion. My OB is in a practice of 4 different OBs who are very opinionated on things and when they don't agree on a method, you'll know. And on top of that, it was the ER doctors and hospital OB that suggested it with our OB confirming it at a follow up 2 days later. And she still says that I should be doing more than I am. UGH! (I'm pretty sure this is because I won't babysit her terrorist sons.) I know my body very well, actually all to well. I know what it use to be able to handle, and it can barely handle 10% of what it use to. And on top of that now, I have this possible bladder or kidney issue that we need to monitor and I don't feel like making that matter worse. I swear another reason she is questioning the doctor's orders is because my husband asked her to come spend a couple of hours at the house and watch me. He didn't realize I was napping where I was yesterday... I laid down on the dog's big pillow bed with them and just kind of passed out. Opps. He also thinks my going out with our friend yesterday and my 20 minute walk around the neighborhood probably were not the best of things for me to do. This is feeling more like prison than pregnancy.

On top of that, I had the worst nightmare. I was walking around bleeding in my dream and in denial that I was miscarrying. I have zero idea what triggered the dream, but it was vivid enough that I woke up and checked every inch of my body for blood and sat there until I felt the baby kick or flip. I don't know what to make of that dream except for extreme paranoia.

Sorry for the lack of personals. I'll be back on later.
I wouldn't worry about the dream! I have some crazy dreams, if I told people my dreams, they would think I was super weird lol
#974 of 1252 Old 06-08-2014, 11:38 AM - Thread Starter

apeydef - the remodel and baby room stuff are kind of a coincidence around here. We had planned to do a total house "refresh" before any baby was in the picture, but having baby's arrival pinpointed to mid/late August has sure put it all on the fast track (at least in that part of the house).
We plan to move in a few years and if we don't "keep up with the Jones's" our house won't sell. That's just how it works in our neighborhood - and the house is only 10yo!

jenjy - we got the crown done but only after DH had a couple of snafus with measures/cuts. Of course he ignored my advice of cutting the long sections first (so any goofs could be reused in shorter sections). Luckily I'm one of those supremely prepared ppl with several back up plans, so I had 3 extra pieces waiting for such a predicament. Today he's putting together the nursery furniture so I can start furnishing/decorating the room. Last, he's got to caulk and do all the trim paint on our new molding. Once that's done I'll snap some pics and share here.
Oh, and finally made the cookies today (peanut butter) and forgot to do the criss-cross pattern on them. Taking them out of the oven I commented to DH how they looked so puffy and that maybe I should flatten the others before I bake them. He asked about the criss-cross and I could only shake my head. My brain has officially left the building.

badwolf - hang in there. Listen to your gut and your body. None of the rest matters.
#975 of 1252 Old 06-09-2014, 06:07 PM

Oh, @badwolf092087 . Please tell me you are ignoring that person's "advice." There is zero question your doctors and you know what is going on a bazillion times better than that woman. Still, I'm sure it had to hurt to hear it. Now you feel crappy AND you have to justify how crappy you feel to other people? Not fair. I know you were tired after your short walk yesterday, but overall do you think it was beneficial? Just definitely listen to your body. Your nightmare sounds horrifying. Sometimes dreams can feel so very real and they can really shake me. So I can understand being disturbed by that dream!

Quote:
Originally Posted by apeydef View Post
Not only that but by the time you get the results your beta have changed. So it seems impossible to monitor them this way. Almost pointless to get it taken really lol
LOL, yeah -- I didn't even want to do betas this time at first. I do have to admit I like having them to look back on, so I will be going for a repeat tomorrow.

Quote:

jenjy - we got the crown done but only after DH had a couple of snafus with measures/cuts. Of course he ignored my advice of cutting the long sections first (so any goofs could be reused in shorter sections). Luckily I'm one of those supremely prepared ppl with several back up plans, so I had 3 extra pieces waiting for such a predicament.
Ah! A+ for having that crown molding foresight!! Wow, you are getting so close to having the rooms done! I can't wait to see it! Aaand, you have no idea how much I want peanut butter cookies now, criss-cross or no criss-cross.

AFM -- I posted on the TTC thread as well -- my 14dpo beta was 512. I got the number and could NOT believe it. I'm kind of thinking it was twins, but I lost one right around then and that is why that number is so high while having spotting and weird fluctuating tests??? Thinking that I might actually have two healthy twins seems like an impossible dream, especially with the spotting and the tests that went lighter. Or the high number is because the lab just screwed up! I am out of tests and have been for a while (feels like an eternity but it's only been 48 hours, lol). I'll be going in for another beta tomorrow and I know there's no way I'll be able to stop myself from picking up more FRERs.

Last edited by jenjy; 06-09-2014 at 06:24 PM. Reason: more thoughts
#976 of 1252 Old 06-10-2014, 08:36 AM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
I think it is time for me to settle in here. I had my first beta draw yesterday morning and just got the results back 2730! I really have no idea how many dpo I am anymore. I thought I o'd on 5/25 but that would make me 16 dpo which can't be right. Anyway, I'm Cd 32. Based on my lmp I'm due 2/14/15.

@jenjy I'm so glad to see you posting over here.
#977 of 1252 Old 06-10-2014, 08:38 AM

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdenAurora View Post
I think it is time for me to settle in here. I had my first beta draw yesterday morning and just got the results back 2730! I really have no idea how many dpo I am anymore. I thought I o'd on 5/25 but that would make me 16 dpo which can't be right. Anyway, I'm Cd 32. Based on my lmp I'm due 2/14/15.

@jenjy I'm so glad to see you posting over here.

Yay!!! Welcome!!! Congrats!!!
#978 of 1252 Old 06-10-2014, 11:49 AM

Welcome to the grad club @EdenAurora
@jenjy I'm ignoring her, and pretty much everyone else at this point. My own best friend doesn't understand that medium bed rest means I can't go errand running with her, so I'm just pretending I don't see the messages at this point. Enough about me. How are YOU? Betas? No more spotting I hope? Hope all is well!
@apeydef the dream is literally just that, and I'm blocking it out. Thanks.
@innacircle I'm listening to my body more now than to people. I realized a 20 min walk around the neighborhood by myself is literally an awful idea, no matter how nice of a day it is.

AFM right now, I'm over here feel fat, hungry, having the world's worst headaches, and I went up two more boob sizes. So instead of being a 38D, apparently I'm a 42D. At least that's what the Victoria Secret employee told me. I started this pregnancy out as a 38C, so I'm sure you can imagine how amusing that is to the husband. I spent most of yesterday with him since it rained and he can't work if it's raining. Blessing and curse at the same time. We got a cradle for the baby for the nights when he/she will be in our room, and to hold off building the crib until we move. We literally will be moving when the baby is 3 months old. So many things to plan for. I don't get to worry about them! I have been told to sit around on my butt, play The Sims or paint, and eat! As entertaining as that is for a couple of days, I'm going to need more to do for 5 more months.

Sarah & DH Alan 

#979 of 1252 Old 06-10-2014, 09:52 PM

Hi and thanks, @EdenAurora ! Great number!!!

Oh my, @badwolf092087 -- what is with the headaches? And I cannot even imagine how frustrating bedrest (regardless of type) must be. It's nice to be getting things for the baby. Any other things bought yet?

AFM - I got my second beta done today. I'm 19dpo today. I did not spot today so far. I also bought more FRERs today and the line is looking nice (control line is going light at this point) - hcg is definitely increasing. It just simply comes down to whether or not it's increasing fast enough.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 19dpo_smaller.jpg (24.6 KB, 8 views)

#980 of 1252 Old 06-11-2014, 10:08 AM

@jenjy my headaches are shockingly not from dehydration. Mine are from the lack of being able to take benedryl or Claritin. Dumb allergies. Each day of rainy weather means tons of pollen for me to handle. And our neighbor's flower garden kills me. I swear this woman either enters contests every year, or she's Brie from Desperate Housewives with too much time on her hands and the need to do everything under the sun. For the baby, we aren't getting anything else until we know the gender. As soon as we do, we will begin the *official* registry while I'm still allowed to go out occasionally, and pick up things as well. From Connor we have the bassinet, clothes for all seasons ranging NB-6mos, diapers galore, a diaper genie, the carrying device (not the sling), tons of blankets, toys, unopened pacifiers and bottles, bottle cleaner (all Dr Brown), the bathing chair, shoes, etc etc.

The definite needs are the crib, carriage, car seat, changing table (ours broke!), play pen thing, and a dresser. And Obviously whatever I'm using to decorate the future nursery. Other than that, the registry will also include more bottles and necessities, and little things I like but don't exactly need but I'm sure someone will think the baby needs. We all have those friends and family members that want to buy the smallest things on a registry no matter what, so those items will be for them.

I actually went shopping with a friend back in January to help her get things for someone off their registry. She didn't like the fact it was a Bed Bath & Beyond registry, so she took me to Walmart with her and got the cheap versions of things. I'm one of those people who dislikes Walmart, not because of their policies, but because everything they have (esp for babies) feels so cheap and not good against the skin. Quality over quantity is my thing.

Anyway @jenjy , I hope your beta number comes back big and strong! I've been thinking of you everyday and asked my reverend to put you on our weekly prayer list! Him and his wife know what a roller coaster this can be since they had to conceive using IVF after several miscarriages and also having endometriosis. If you were here, I'd introduced in a heartbeat because they're one of the few couples who have admitted what an obstacle it was to get their daughter. My long post aside, I'm rooting for you!

Sarah & DH Alan 

#981 of 1252 Old 06-11-2014, 10:57 AM

@BadWolf allergies are so unbearable. It seems like this year has been the worst. I hope you get some relief soon.
#982 of 1252 Old 06-11-2014, 12:03 PM

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
So I picked up a friend to watch the kids during my appointment today since DH had to work. She took them to the park while I had my appointment. They redid the blood draw, which did not go well. The first stick finally barely got into a vein, and she drew the first tube, then was going to draw the second tube but the needle slightly dislodged so I made them take it out and try again. She tried in a nearby vein, and attached the tube to the needle, but then while wiggling the needle around and trying to get it in my vein, she broke the vacuum seal, so that tube was dead now, too. She had the other midwife try my other arm, and even that one needed two sticks because my veins kept wanting to roll, but the good news with that one was that on the second stick, she totally missed every single nerve, so I didn't feel a thing at all while she was trying to find a vein. AND I didn't get lightheaded this time, but man, what an ordeal! Then while I was still bleeding, my midwife wanted to steal a drop of blood for a quick iron check. By the time the other midwife realized what she wanted and grabbed the cuvette, I had started to clot and wasn't freely bleeding anymore, so they were going to just skip it, but I was all, "No, I WILL BLEED!!" And I squeezed my skin on either side of the most recent poke and produced a more than adequate drop of blood, lol.

Everything else about the appointment went fine. HR was 152, weight gain is good. My MW said she could feel the baby (like baby's position in my uterus) and I was amazed since it still feels like it's too early for that. Since the HR is "low," I'm thinking it's a boy again, although for the past couple of weeks I was hoping it might be a girl. Although with my boys, I carried them all out in front, and I always thought it was b/c they were second (or more) pregnancies, and I seem like I'm a little more compact this time like I was with my daughter, so I don't know. I should find out in a week or so. Then sonogram is on 7/11, early in the morning.

When I was done w/ the appointment, my kids and friend had gotten back and were waiting in the lobby. The kids hadn't gone to the bathroom since we left home (and it's quite a drive out there), so I sent my 4-yr-old first. He was taking some time, so I went to check on him, and he's crying in the bathroom because he'd locked the door and couldn't get it open. The key thing was hanging right on the wall (I saw it when the midwife turned on the lights in the anteroom) and it was exactly the same as our similar key at home, so I let him out and he was fine after that.

We're back home now and I'm trying to think of who might want to keep my kids overnight on the Wednesday before our next appointment, because I managed to get the first one of the day, and combined with the drive, that will be a REALLY early morning. But there's lots of time to figure that out.

Andrea , child of God, wife of Tim , mama of L, B, J, J

Younique has new products 9/1/14! Come check it out!!
Want to get paid daily and start earning as soon as 24 hours after sign up? Join my team!
#983 of 1252 Old 06-11-2014, 12:28 PM

Harmony: what a day! You need a rest now lol! Glad baby is good.

I had an appt today. They couldn't find the heartbeat at first but she could hear the baby kicking. She was about to take me for an ultrasound when first she had another Dr. Come in and she found it! Thank God. Like I said she heard the baby kicking so I wasn't worried really I didn't want to have to pay for another ultrasound!! I just had one three weeks ago and I have to pay for everything out if pocket. Of course it was still a relief to hear the heartbeat too. I've been worrying I would go in and there would be none. So I'm 13 weeks today, heard the heartbeat, and now I can relax a little. We are going on vacation next week so I need to prepare for that and get the house cleaned. So next appt isn't until next month, I'll be 17 weeks and in six weeks is probably when we will have the gender scan. At 19 weeks is when they had me do it with my last. So we will probably get to schedule that at next appt. it's all getting real. I'm still not really showing so I don't feel pregnant yet. My belly is still just bloated and squishy. I think in the next three weeks it will start popping out. I usually get a harder pregnant belly around 4-5 months.

Maof1: how are you?
Jenjy: your test is looking good!! Can't wait to see new betas, hopefully you get them before Monday right? Lol
Innacircle: how's the room?
Badwolf: try to stay away from all the negativity!! It seems like you have a lot of people trying to bring you down. Seeing as how you have talked about being a Christian (I am as well) that is the devil working in others to destroy your joy! Speak out loud in Jesus name that the enemy leaves at once! He can't steal your joy girl. You have good things coming
badwolf092087 likes this.

Last edited by apeydef; 06-11-2014 at 12:33 PM.
#984 of 1252 Old 06-11-2014, 12:30 PM

EdenAurora: what a number! Mine was very high and they thought I could be pregnant with twins! Have they said anything to you about your height number?
#985 of 1252 Old 06-11-2014, 01:25 PM

@EdenAurora , will you have a repeat beta done soon? We are almost due date buddies. I am due 2/12.

@badwolf092087 -- Ugh, I am so sorry about the allergies! Killer headaches added on to what you are already dealing with... ugh!! I agree with quality over quantity as far as baby things go! (As far as most things go, actually!) It sounds like you have a great plan for the registry.

Quote:
Anyway @jenjy , I hope your beta number comes back big and strong! I've been thinking of you everyday and asked my reverend to put you on our weekly prayer list! Him and his wife know what a roller coaster this can be since they had to conceive using IVF after several miscarriages and also having endometriosis. If you were here, I'd introduced in a heartbeat because they're one of the few couples who have admitted what an obstacle it was to get their daughter. My long post aside, I'm rooting for you!
This is so sweet of you and I appreciate this so much! I just have no adequate words! Thank you! They sound like wonderful people. I am glad you have them in your life. Prayers for you as well, as you maneuver through all the struggles you are dealing with.

Whoa, @Harmony96 -- that sounds like no fun at all! I'm glad they finally got it though, before they ran out of places to take it from!

What a relief, @apeydef ! Glad you heard the heartbeat!!

AFM, I am 5 weeks tomorrow and feel pregnant. I had been stalking waiting for the opening of the Feb 2015 DDC and I was disappointed that it was being delayed due to the website issues, but now that it's open I can't even bring myself to post over there. Which is odd, because I usually can't wait to post in a DDC. I feel more at home here, so I think I'll just stay here (as long as I can!) Haven't heard about the second beta yet, but that is no surprise.
badwolf092087 likes this.

#986 of 1252 Old 06-11-2014, 02:02 PM

@jenjy I had another beta draw this morning. I should have the results tomorrow morning. It's so awesome to have a due date buddy. Especially one that is just as scared, worried, nervous as I am.

@apeydef I ordered my betas myself through health-tests-direct.com I haven't even called my ob yet. When I had my chemical pregnancy in April it was almost $200 between the office visit and one beta. They won't order lab work without an office visit. If I hadn't already had two babies delivered with this ob and they weren't so close to work, I would switch.
#987 of 1252 Old 06-11-2014, 02:06 PM

Quote:
@EdenAurora , will you have a repeat beta done soon? We are almost due date buddies. I am due 2/12.

@badwolf092087 -- Ugh, I am so sorry about the allergies! Killer headaches added on to what you are already dealing with... ugh!! I agree with quality over quantity as far as baby things go! (As far as most things go, actually!) It sounds like you have a great plan for the registry.

This is so sweet of you and I appreciate this so much! I just have no adequate words! Thank you! They sound like wonderful people. I am glad you have them in your life. Prayers for you as well, as you maneuver through all the struggles you are dealing with.

Whoa, @Harmony96 -- that sounds like no fun at all! I'm glad they finally got it though, before they ran out of places to take it from!

What a relief, @apeydef ! Glad you heard the heartbeat!!

AFM, I am 5 weeks tomorrow and feel pregnant. I had been stalking waiting for the opening of the Feb 2015 DDC and I was disappointed that it was being delayed due to the website issues, but now that it's open I can't even bring myself to post over there. Which is odd, because I usually can't wait to post in a DDC. I feel more at home here, so I think I'll just stay here (as long as I can!) Haven't heard about the second beta yet, but that is no surprise.
Yea I haven't even seen a January one yet!
#988 of 1252 Old 06-11-2014, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdenAurora View Post
@jenjy I had another beta draw this morning. I should have the results tomorrow morning. It's so awesome to have a due date buddy. Especially one that is just as scared, worried, nervous as I am.

@apeydef I ordered my betas myself through health-tests-direct.com I haven't even called my ob yet. When I had my chemical pregnancy in April it was almost $200 between the office visit and one beta. They won't order lab work without an office visit. If I hadn't already had two babies delivered with this ob and they weren't so close to work, I would switch.
Oh yes I know about all that! The good thing about my OB is that all the prenatal care is one lump sum so I don't have to pay for it every time I go. It ends up being $1200, but better than paying an office visit each time. Also they don't bill it until the end! I do have to pay for blood work separate but that ended up being only $60 so I was happy about that.
#989 of 1252 Old 06-12-2014, 06:52 AM

Second beta results were 6167 for a doubling time of 40.83 hours.

So 2730 at 4w2d and 6167 at 4w4d.

I should be relieved, right?
dmariev likes this.
#990 of 1252 Old 06-12-2014, 07:38 AM

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Hello ladies. Sorry I've been absent a few days. It's been crazy busy with the kids. Right now I am sitting at the hospital waiting to speak with the anesthesiologist for my son's pre-op. He is having his tonsils and adenoids taken out tomorrow. I am so nervous about it. To make matters worse.. Last night I had a bad dream that I miscarried again. I dreamt I started bleeding and just wouldn't stop. 😥 it scared me pretty bad. I was glad to wake up. Please pray for my DS and his surgery tomorrow. Thanks.

Also, Jenjy, I'm still praying for you! Hoping you get good numbers back. And praying the rest of you ladies have a great and safe pregnancy.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List
jenjy

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page