Grad Club: Where the group discussion continues after the ONE thread! - Page 35 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 
 70Likes

#1021 of 1252 Old 06-16-2014, 04:11 PM

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Ok... For whatever reason my previous post didn't post... So here goes the retry... Alive, I'm soooo happy you are here! Your tests look great! They look darker than mine did at those days!

@bad, I hope your foot is okay. Sorry to hear about it being hurt.

AFM.. I only have DS for the week. SO's kiddos went to see their momma for the week.
I have a question though... Do any of you ladies ever feel like you're not pregnant? I just don't feel pregnant. I hit 13 weeks yesterday and the only "issue" I have is super sensitive nipples. Am I alone in this not feeling pregnant?
#1022 of 1252 Old 06-16-2014, 05:01 PM

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by maof1 View Post
Ok... For whatever reason my previous post didn't post... So here goes the retry... Alive, I'm soooo happy you are here! Your tests look great! They look darker than mine did at those days!

AFM.. I only have DS for the week. SO's kiddos went to see their momma for the week.
I have a question though... Do any of you ladies ever feel like you're not pregnant? I just don't feel pregnant. I hit 13 weeks yesterday and the only "issue" I have is super sensitive nipples. Am I alone in this not feeling pregnant?
Until about week 17 I didn't really feel preg. Before then i was sick, tired and starving. I just felt like crap. When I finally felt kicks and starting feeling better is when I finally felt pregnant.
#1023 of 1252 Old 06-16-2014, 05:49 PM

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
maof1, I have yet to feel pregnant. But baby's definitely in there and getting bigger by the day.

Andrea , child of God, wife of Tim , mama of L, B, J, J

I'm a Younique Presenter. Come check it out!!
Want to get paid daily and start earning as soon as 24 hours after sign up? Join my team!
#1024 of 1252 Old 06-16-2014, 05:58 PM

Mentioned: 116 Post(s)
Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Thank you for the support guys.. sorry to bring anxiety onto the thread when you are all starting to finally settle into your pregnancies. I hate it so bad.. it's a constant struggle to take it one day at a time and enjoy it.. and trust me I want to enjoy it all just afraid I'll jinx it if I let go.

Are stomach cramps normal at this stage? They can get pretty intense but they are not constant and like I said no spotting.

I just got my first beta back (still waiting on progesterone) at 12 DPO and my number was 186. Does that seem to low for how dark my line was?

Kyle and Jordan - Married June 22nd, 2013

TTC #1 since October 2013.

My chart -

One loss - March 2014 (5 weeks)

BFP on June 13, 2014 - EDD 2/25/2014
First Beta at 12DPO-186. 15DPO-598!

#1025 of 1252 Old 06-16-2014, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alivewithyou View Post
Thank you for the support guys.. sorry to bring anxiety onto the thread when you are all starting to finally settle into your pregnancies. I hate it so bad.. it's a constant struggle to take it one day at a time and enjoy it.. and trust me I want to enjoy it all just afraid I'll jinx it if I let go.

Are stomach cramps normal at this stage? They can get pretty intense but they are not constant and like I said no spotting.

I just got my first beta back (still waiting on progesterone) at 12 DPO and my number was 186. Does that seem to low for how dark my line was?
Cramping that early was normal for me. As for the betas I don't know...
#1026 of 1252 Old 06-16-2014, 07:38 PM

Ok... I jinxed myself. Eating dinner tonight I got a small bite of a carrot and immediately got sick....eww!
Harmony96 likes this.
#1027 of 1252 Old 06-16-2014, 08:07 PM

Mentioned: 60 Post(s)
Quoted: 97 Post(s)
Quote:

I don't feel pregnant yet either! I'm 14 weeks on Wednesday! I think this time around having a toddler while pregnant I don't think about being pregnant as much. (My 1st and second were 4 years apart and now the second and third will be just two years apart.)Especially bc my fear of MC has subsided now I'm in the second trimester. I think once I start feeling movement it will kick in.
#1028 of 1252 Old 06-16-2014, 08:10 PM

Quote:
So I am finding it extremely difficult to not have anxiety right now. Pretty much every study I have researched is giving me the best chances not to miscarry. My lines darkened and quick, my boobs hurt, I'm exhausted, my stomach hurts, and I have light cramping and have had absolutely no spotting. I wish that all that was good enough to calm me down. My temp doesn't seem to be staying too high but I am not sleeping well at night so who knows how erratic that is. My cervix doesn't feel as firm but I also read that it's pretty difficult to reliably check that at home. Any words of advice on surviving this anxiety? I am going to try to get bloodwork pulled tonight or worst case tomorrow morning. I figure I want to get my fear of low progesterone out of the way since my beta looks like it will be good.
Sorry no words of advice. This is my third pregnancy after my MC and I still worry
#1029 of 1252 Old 06-16-2014, 08:11 PM

Quote:

The beta seems very good!!

Cramping is normal. To me it always feels like light period cramps.
#1030 of 1252 Old 06-16-2014, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by apeydef View Post
The beta seems very good!!

Cramping is normal. To me it always feels like light period cramps.
Yeah.. the pelvic area is very light.. but I have the worst (sorry if TMI) constipation pains in my stomach? Lol that's the only way I can think of to describe it.. maybe it's just trapped gas but it can be a little intense. Movement seems to help and it doesn't last for too long.

My chart -

#1031 of 1252 Old 06-16-2014, 08:17 PM

That's normal too!!
#1032 of 1252 Old 06-16-2014, 08:26 PM

I'm feeling kicks in my cervix already. Isn't 17 weeks a little early for that?

Want to get paid daily and start earning as soon as 24 hours after sign up? Join my team!
#1033 of 1252 Old 06-16-2014, 09:27 PM

Mentioned: 119 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 55 Post(s)
I got 3+ on my digi tonight!!! Yayyyy! Relief (for a while anyway)!!

Quote:
Holy crap.. over 500? That would be insane. I definitely wouldn't complain but that seems super high.
Yes, but I have noticed that my FRER lines seem to be lighter than other ones posted online - like threads where people post their FRER and then their associated beta. Mine seem to be lighter at higher betas than others. I don't know. I wouldn't be concerned - your lines are beautiful and I have no doubt your betas will be great! Ah, reading on I see your beta was fanTAStic at 12dpo! Seriously perfectly amazing number!! And NO, not too low for the darkness! Yep, that just agrees with what I have noticed about my lines. I wish I had words of wisdom for the anxiety.

@badwolf09208; Thank you for the help with the digitals! I was going on FDA data about (urine) hcg vs digi result, but I'm feeling better about all this now. I'm also seeing other people post experiences that match with what you posted above! I don't think I'll be testing anymore any time soon!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by badwolf092087 View Post
AFM I took a nasty fall while we were walking the dogs this afternoon before DH had to leave for work. We have rabbit holes and I didn't see it. My ankle is now very swollen and looks like I attached a golf ball to it. And it's numb/cold and I can't wiggle my toes!
I'm so sorry -- ugh, how painful. I am hoping you heal as quickly as possible!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harmony96 View Post

AFM, DH and I went and picked up a second sugar glider on Thursday afternoon.
Yay for baby kicks! And how CUTE about the sugar glider! I saw one in a pet store a long time ago -- so super cute.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayme371 View Post
@ alivewithyou. ..i know I haven't graduated yet but I'm still stalking to make sure that all is going well. Just wanted to offer my support, I know relaxing is hard to do but maybe try to think of it as caring for your bean. It may sound 9dd, but when I was prego with my ds I would talk to him, early on, like 4/5 weeks, I don't remember exactly what I said but was facing stress in other areas of my like and I would talk to my little growing being and rub my belly and tell my belly all would be ok and how much I loved him and couldn't wait to meet him, all the fun things we would do together and sometimes just sit or lie down with my hand on my belly, almost protectively, take deep breaths and reassure him that everything would be ok. Wonderful!.so much to look forward to. I know it was comforting for me to feel like I was comforting and protecting him by relieving stress and just letting go, because it was best for the bean.
What sweet advice, ayme! I love it!

Hi apeydef, maof1, NSMomtobe, and edubluv

Jen , mom to DD12  and DS7   and six  ('01, '06, '13, '13, '14, '14).
#1034 of 1252 Old 06-16-2014, 09:31 PM

@jenjy : I am perfectly happy with my number so far. It is already 8 times higher than what my number was at 14 DPO and today was only 12 DPO. I am not just anxiously waiting my progesterone.. hoping for a good solid number.

I am super happy you got your 3+ weeks on your digital. Let's stick it out this time together alright? Neither one of us is going anywhere.

My chart -

#1035 of 1252 Old 06-16-2014, 11:14 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
alive!!! You did it girl. Congrats! That new hcg number sure is purdy... time to realize it's actually gonna happen this time!

maof1 - I bet you're so relieved that DS's surgery is now a thing of the past. Yeah, those kinds are quick... yay for all things going as planned.

edubluv - OMG I totally missed your post about the school shooting. How awful for you and all the kids. Hugs lady.
Also, 23 weeks already? AND moving into your house? Wow, time sure is flying. What colors are you going to paint the rooms?

badwolf - so are you getting better at getting around with a bum ankle? As if you needed something else to deal with, right?

AFM - up late tonight. The baby is apparently practicing the tango in there... no way I could sleep through that kind of ruckus.
#1036 of 1252 Old 06-17-2014, 05:04 AM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Quote:
I was coming to post that I totally don't feel pregnant. I do feel tired and hungry often, but I don't feel pregnant. I keep feeling my belly and, while it has gotten firmer, it doesn't feel pregnant. I have felt movement a few times, but it has been so sporadic that it gives me lots of time to worry in between, and it is not strong enough that I am sure it is movement. But then today I threw up on my way to work, so that has to count for something, right? I only threw up once with DS, and it was right around 14 weeks. I am 14 weeks tomorrow and it came out of the blue this morning, just like it did with DS.

Quote:

Menstrual-type cramping is normal at this stage and gas cramping is pretty normal throughout pregnancy, I think. At 12 DPO, that is an amazing hCG number. Are you getting a second one to check doubling time? Congratulations, BTW! You are really pregnant!

Now mom to a boy born January 2010. 
Cautiously expecting Dec 2014!

12/08 (6 weeks),  1/13 (11 weeks), &  12/13 (9.5 weeks)
#1037 of 1252 Old 06-17-2014, 05:23 AM

@ innacircle: your tango baby made me smile this morning. Can't wait to feel mine in the next few months.

@nsmomtobe : thank you!

Progesterone came back at 35.7 up from 13.1 6 days ago. I will officially stop temping since it doesn't seem to match up with my actual progesterone levels.. Maybe it's got a low battery or something. I am super happy right now with my results. Hopefully my doctor will let me do one more beta lol. Also wondfos are still jerks.. Took one last night knowing my hcg levels and it only gave me a super faint line.

Last edited by alivewithyou; 06-17-2014 at 06:28 AM.
#1038 of 1252 Old 06-17-2014, 07:22 AM

Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Quoted: 83 Post(s)
Okay about to try my best with personals from a cell phone.
@jenjy I'm so happy your test have you the 3+ result. You made my morning. Now breathe and stop buying tests. You are totally going to make it this time.
@alivewithyou betas I have no clue about. But every symptom you are experiencing, yes to all of the above! When I felt the cramping early on, I was totally expecting bleeding but then I would puke and tada! I remembered pinching cramps and gassy pains were all part of that 6-9 week deal. I am still very psyched you're here. And happy of course.
@Harmony96 I'm 16 weeks and feeling soccer games in my womb. I swear it's the World Cup in there.
@nsmomtobe I also have moments of not feeling pregnant at 16w, but then the little reminders come right back.
@innacircle , the ankle thing is actually quite serious. I'll explain below.

I hope I didn't miss anyone! If I did, I'm sorry!!

AFM.. First the good news. We are having a GIRL!! Madison Lesh is over 5inches with long legs and amazing energy. It took us 45 minutes to get her to give us a great view. Very much worth the wait. Hubby was still hoping for boy, but when our OB said Madison would be gracing us with her presence this November, he teared up. We had our rev's wife (who is pretty much our real mom at this point) and her daughter with us, so it was a lovely experience.

And as for the ankle, I've got crutches for now. And a babysitter. The ER doctors couldn't find a major fracture but said there is definitely a hairline fracture causing me circulation issues. So I get to see a real orthopedic this week, and they will determine what to do. This was apparently god's way of saying I need to actually follow bedrest orders. We think my MIL now understands the risks of me working now, but who knows. She always replies with "that's unfortunate" and it always gives me the feeling she just doesn't. Oh well. I'm dealing. Bored. And browsing online for Madison's wardrobe.

That also reminds me. Sunday night when we got back from the ER and I passed out, Connor came to me in a dream. He was as grown as he would be today and had his pretty blue eyes and blonde hair. He was rubbing my belly and said, "my sister is growing big and strong." It was so nice to feel close to him still.
dmariev likes this.

Sarah & DH Alan 

Our angel in heaven, DS Connor 10/2/09 to 10/5/09  
2 pups, 10 cats  and always rescuing more!  RIP Momma Furby </3
Baby #2, a GIRL!, due Nov 29th, 2014  

#1039 of 1252 Old 06-17-2014, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by innacircle View Post

edubluv - OMG I totally missed your post about the school shooting. How awful for you and all the kids. Hugs lady.
Also, 23 weeks already? AND moving into your house? Wow, time sure is flying. What colors are you going to paint the rooms?

AFM - up late tonight. The baby is apparently practicing the tango in there... no way I could sleep through that kind of ruckus.
It was and still is really awful. Just happened a week ago. There is great sadness for so many.

For DS, his room with be a light brown and with a light blue accent wall. This goes with his beautiful baby quilt.

For new baby, grey and with a yellow accent wall. This will also go with new baby's quilt I am currently making!

I can't wait to get started!

I'm loving the kick and craziness going on in there. So far it hasn't kept me awake tho!
innacircle likes this.
#1040 of 1252 Old 06-17-2014, 09:01 AM

Quote:

AFM.. First the good news. We are having a GIRL!! Madison Lesh is over 5inches with long legs and amazing energy. It took us 45 minutes to get her to give us a great view. Very much worth the wait. Hubby was still hoping for boy, but when our OB said Madison would be gracing us with her presence this November, he teared up. We had our rev's wife (who is pretty much our real mom at this point) and her daughter with us, so it was a lovely experience.

And as for the ankle, I've got crutches for now. And a babysitter. The ER doctors couldn't find a major fracture but said there is definitely a hairline fracture causing me circulation issues. So I get to see a real orthopedic this week, and they will determine what to do. This was apparently god's way of saying I need to actually follow bedrest orders. We think my MIL now understands the risks of me working now, but who knows. She always replies with "that's unfortunate" and it always gives me the feeling she just doesn't. Oh well. I'm dealing. Bored. And browsing online for Madison's wardrobe.

That also reminds me. Sunday night when we got back from the ER and I passed out, Connor came to me in a dream. He was as grown as he would be today and had his pretty blue eyes and blonde hair. He was rubbing my belly and said, "my sister is growing big and strong." It was so nice to feel close to him still.

Congrats on the baby girl! How do pronounce the middle name? Just like it looks?

That is pretty special about your dream of your DS! Seriously sweet.
#1041 of 1252 Old 06-17-2014, 10:34 AM

Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Quoted: 83 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by edubluv View Post
Congrats on the baby girl! How do pronounce the middle name? Just like it looks?

That is pretty special about your dream of your DS! Seriously sweet.
It's pronounced as it looks! It was my grandmother Jocelyn's stage name, and she was an amazing woman. I'm so excited!

Sarah & DH Alan 

Our angel in heaven, DS Connor 10/2/09 to 10/5/09  
2 pups, 10 cats  and always rescuing more!  RIP Momma Furby </3
Baby #2, a GIRL!, due Nov 29th, 2014  

#1042 of 1252 Old 06-17-2014, 02:35 PM

I got the call today that my blood test came back fine (no trisomies) for our little BOY!
innacircle and badwolf092087 like this.

#1043 of 1252 Old 06-17-2014, 03:29 PM

Quote:
I got the call today that my blood test came back fine (no trisomies) for our little BOY!
Yay!! That's great news!

AFM.. Has anyone ever had severe pain in the hip after laying on your side? My hip has been KILLING me lately.
#1044 of 1252 Old 06-17-2014, 04:38 PM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Quote:
Okay about to try my best with personals from a cell phone.

I hope everything works out with your ankle and bed rest. I actually could not use crutches while I was pregnant because my balance was too bad, so I ended up using a walker.

That dream made me cry. It's wonderful that you got to see Connor and it brought you peace. It sounds like he will be watching over Madison.
badwolf092087 likes this.

Now mom to a boy born January 2010. 
Cautiously expecting Dec 2014!

12/08 (6 weeks),  1/13 (11 weeks), &  12/13 (9.5 weeks)
#1045 of 1252 Old 06-17-2014, 05:03 PM

Mentioned: 119 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Quote:
I am super happy you got your 3+ weeks on your digital. Let's stick it out this time together alright? Neither one of us is going anywhere.
Deal!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by innacircle View Post
Ha!! I hope you can get a nap in today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsmomtobe View Post
But then today I threw up on my way to work, so that has to count for something, right? I only threw up once with DS, and it was right around 14 weeks. I am 14 weeks tomorrow and it came out of the blue this morning, just like it did with DS.
That has to be a reassuring sign, although I'm sure not pleasant to deal with!

Quote:
Progesterone came back at 35.7 up from 13.1 6 days ago.
Yes! Wonderful levels all around!!

Quote:

Thank you! Yes, the tests are put away! I am thrilled for you about Madison! Congratulations on your girl!! I'm so sorry about your leg!
Such a sweet, wonderful dream!! What a special moment with Connor. I am tearing up thinking about this. Hugs to you!!!

@edubluv , the rooms sound great! Are you crafting other things as well besides the baby quilt?

Quote:
Yay, a baby boy!! Congratulations!

Quote:
AFM.. Has anyone ever had severe pain in the hip after laying on your side? My hip has been KILLING me lately.
I'm sure I had aches and pains and such -- but it's been too long to remember! Sorry no help here!

AFM -- All the world smells like rotten dog food. (OK, I don't actually know what rotten dog food smells like, but it's the best description I can think of. Everything just smells yucky.) This same yuckiness is something I remember well from my pregnancies with DS and DD, especially DS's. Haven't had it in my mc's!! So it seems like a good sign. I'll be 6 weeks in two days.

Jen , mom to DD12  and DS7   and six  ('01, '06, '13, '13, '14, '14).

Last edited by jenjy; 06-17-2014 at 05:20 PM.
#1046 of 1252 Old 06-17-2014, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Yay boy!!!!
#1047 of 1252 Old 06-17-2014, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Yay!! That's great news!

Omg!!!!! My hips and shoulders were KILLING ME for about the first 3months. They feel much better now. I was in sooooo much pain. Chiro and acu helped!
#1048 of 1252 Old 06-17-2014, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenjy View Post

@edubluv , the rooms sound great! Are you crafting other things as well besides the baby quilt?

AFM -- All the world smells like rotten dog food. (OK, I don't actually know what rotten dog food smells like, but it's the best description I can think of. Everything just smells yucky.) This same yuckiness is something I remember well from my pregnancies with DS and DD, especially DS's. Haven't had it in my mc's!! So it seems like a good sign. I'll be 6 weeks in two days.

I'm making some knit hats, a crocheted afghan and since I have such a strong vibe it's a girl I
*might* sew a few outfits. Gonna be super busy setting my house up and I'm glad I'm a teacher and get the summer off to prep.

Isn't great how something as terrible as morning sickness can be reassuring!? Sorry the world stinks of dog food. Yuck!
#1049 of 1252 Old 06-17-2014, 06:29 PM

@edubluv . Thanks for the info on the chiro. I went before I got pregnant because of my scoliosis. I end up with one leg almost 2 inches longer than the other because of it. Just my right hip seriously starts to hurt after as little as 10 mins of laying on my right side.
#1050 of 1252 Old 06-17-2014, 06:32 PM

@badwolf092087 : Congrats on your baby girl! I love the name you have picked out and your dream sounds amazing.
@Harmony96 : Congrats on your healthy baby boy!
@maof1 : No hip pain yet but but starting to get lower back pain.. definitely tell things are shifting. lucky i already have chiropractor appointments paid for so I will be going every 3 weeks for the next little while.
@edubluv : I want to start crocheting baby booties and probably whatever I can teach myself to do. Probably a good way to stay busy. I can't wait for full blown morning sickness although I have been getting it a little in the mornings.. mostly just nausea.
@jenjy : happy to hear about your increasing symptoms. You are keeping my hope strong.

AFM: I am slowly starting to calm down. Seeing my numbers so strong is really helpful. I'm starting to realize that there is nothing I can do so I should just enjoy my baby now. We can definitely sense him spiritually. although it will be hilarious if HE ends up being a SHE. lol.

Here is my 13DPO test today. The test line is now darker than the control so I am happy. I think that shows continued progress. Haven't heard back from my doctor yet so not sure when/if I will do another beta. I am also now having to search for a new OB/GYN since my last one was terrible. Soo.. should be fun.

My chart -

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List
jenjy

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page