Grad Club: Where the group discussion continues after the ONE thread! - Page 36 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 
 70Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
#1051 of 1252 Old 06-17-2014, 07:18 PM
 
edubluv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Oregon
Posts: 323
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
@maof1 my prob was my left side mainly. I think it was really from going from being a stomach sleeper to a side sleeper. Regardless lots of pillows also helped. Seriously it was so bad there for a while I could hardly walk or lift my arms. Good luck. Hope you feel better soon!

@alivewithyou
You should totally make some booties! So much fun!!! I use YouTube and Ravelry to figure out patterns and stitches! Good project for you!
edubluv is online now  
#1052 of 1252 Old 06-19-2014, 10:54 AM
 
maof1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 209
Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Ok I now remember one of my favorite parts of being pregnant! I'm only 13 weeks and 4 days right now but I can feel baby moving around when I lay down and lay still! It just makes me feel so much better to feel it and know that baby is still there and moving.

Now to figure out how to make a baby blanket by crocheting! ūüėĀ
maof1 is offline  
#1053 of 1252 Old 06-19-2014, 10:59 AM
 
edubluv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Oregon
Posts: 323
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
@maof1

Yay!!!! It's the best feeling in the world! And as they get stronger you know baby is getting bigger and stronger!

There are very simple patterns for baby blankets! Check out Ravelry!
edubluv is online now  
#1054 of 1252 Old 06-19-2014, 07:14 PM
 
LouisaG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: New York state
Posts: 80
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by maof1 View Post
Ok I now remember one of my favorite parts of being pregnant! I'm only 13 weeks and 4 days right now but I can feel baby moving around when I lay down and lay still! It just makes me feel so much better to feel it and know that baby is still there and moving.

Now to figure out how to make a baby blanket by crocheting! Ū†ĹŪłĀ
Definitely check out ravelry and if and when when you run into instructions you can't decipher, youtube has lots and lots of amazing tutorials on just about every crochet stitch out there. If you're ever just totally stuck feel free to shoot me a message, i'm a life long crocheter and knitter

newly married and pregnant, due January 2015.

Last edited by LouisaG; 06-19-2014 at 07:21 PM.
LouisaG is offline  
#1055 of 1252 Old 06-20-2014, 05:52 AM
 
apeydef's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 1,330
Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 110 Post(s)
Help!! I have a flu bug. The worst part is I haven't thrown up. At least throwing up would bring some relief. I'm miserable!
apeydef is online now  
#1056 of 1252 Old 06-20-2014, 07:20 AM
 
badwolf092087's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Stamford, CT
Posts: 882
Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 87 Post(s)
@apeydef drink lots of fluids and get plenty of rest. Unfortunately, there's not much to do except wait it out. :/

AFM... I had to sneak to my computer because I'm being forced to follow the bed rest today. But I'm currently alone until my friend gets back and bored out of my mind. I absolutely hate this. The closest ortho who takes my insurance can see me Tuesday morning at 9:30 or in two weeks. So I'm going Tuesday but if my ankle actually needs to be operated on, I still need to wait two weeks for him to get back from vacation. I'm in so much pain, and my foot keeps getting worse instead of better. But when you're pregnant, there's only so many orthos who will see you apparently. I'm losing my mind here.

Sarah & DH Alan 
 
Our angel in heaven, DS Connor 10/2/09 to 10/5/09  
2 pups, 10 cats  and always rescuing more!  RIP Momma Furby </3
Baby #2, a GIRL!, due Nov 29th, 2014  

badwolf092087 is online now  
#1057 of 1252 Old 06-20-2014, 10:07 AM
 
nsmomtobe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: NS, Canada
Posts: 1,210
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by badwolf092087 View Post
@apeydef drink lots of fluids and get plenty of rest. Unfortunately, there's not much to do except wait it out. :/

AFM... I had to sneak to my computer because I'm being forced to follow the bed rest today. But I'm currently alone until my friend gets back and bored out of my mind. I absolutely hate this. The closest ortho who takes my insurance can see me Tuesday morning at 9:30 or in two weeks. So I'm going Tuesday but if my ankle actually needs to be operated on, I still need to wait two weeks for him to get back from vacation. I'm in so much pain, and my foot keeps getting worse instead of better. But when you're pregnant, there's only so many orthos who will see you apparently. I'm losing my mind here.
Yeah. My ortho refused to use anasthesia on me because I was pregnant. I hope you get the help you need. Waiting while you are in pain is hard. As for bedrest, it was awkward for me to use a computer (even though I had a laptop--although a smartphone would have probably been okay), but I spent a lot of time on the couch watching tv or reading. Can you do those things?

Now mom to a boy born January 2010. 
Cautiously expecting Dec 2014!

 12/08 (6 weeks),  1/13 (11 weeks), &  12/13 (9.5 weeks)
nsmomtobe is online now  
#1058 of 1252 Old 06-20-2014, 10:10 AM
 
nsmomtobe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: NS, Canada
Posts: 1,210
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by apeydef View Post
Help!! I have a flu bug. The worst part is I haven't thrown up. At least throwing up would bring some relief. I'm miserable!
I'm sorry you are feeling that way. I am just wondering how you can tell the difference between that and morning sickness? I think I had a stomach bug when I threw up at 7 weeks, but this week I think I am experiencing pregnancy nausea again, even though I had a 2-week break. As I said before, the only time I threw up when I was pregnant with DS was at 14 weeks. I hope you are feeling better soon!

Now mom to a boy born January 2010. 
Cautiously expecting Dec 2014!

 12/08 (6 weeks),  1/13 (11 weeks), &  12/13 (9.5 weeks)
nsmomtobe is online now  
#1059 of 1252 Old 06-20-2014, 10:22 AM
 
bren94's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Texas
Posts: 255
Mentioned: 103 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Hi! Thanks to LouisaG's suggestion I decided to drop in! Hopefully I can stay (: I got a BFP on June 18th and am 4 weeks and one day pregnant. Still so early so I'm being very cautious about getting too excited. @alivewithyou my EDD is February 26th! How neat! So good to see some friends here
Harmony96 and badwolf092087 like this.

June 18th, 2014
EDD February 26th, 2015

Last edited by bren94; 06-20-2014 at 12:38 PM.
bren94 is online now  
#1060 of 1252 Old 06-20-2014, 10:39 AM
 
LouisaG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: New York state
Posts: 80
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bren94 View Post
Hi! Thanks to LouisaG's suggestion I decided to drop in! Hopefully I can stay (: I got a BFP on June 19th and am 4 weeks and one day pregnant. Still so early so I'm being very cautious about getting too excited. @alivewithyou my EDD is February 26th! How neat! So good to see some friends here
Welcome, I hope your stay is a happy and healthy 9 months long

Life is finally starting to calm down and I can respond to everything that's happened!

@badwolf092087, love the middle name and so sorry about the ankle!

@maof1, no hip pains here (yet, at least), but I've had severe pain in my ribs on the left side when I lay down the wrong way! I'm chalking it up to weirdo pregnancy symptom. One night it was so bad I woke up my husband just to tell him so he'd know something was up. I'll mention at my next appointment, but I'm 99% sure it's a pulled muscle.

@jenjy, I followed your BFP progression and I was on the edge of my seat. I'm so glad it's looking good now!

@edubluv, I'm itching to make some things for this little one too. I just reorganized my massive yarn stash into one 27gallon storage tub that is filled to the brim...

@alivewithyou I'm the same way with every pull and twinge I feel - much of it is from constipation I'm pretty sure, I'm usually as regular as a Swiss watch so this is a whole new world for me!

@maof1 when I read that you were feeling movement at 13 weeks I immediately laid down flat on my back and concentrated as hard as I possibly could to see if I could feel anything. I'm only 11 weeks and i KNOW it's too early but one can hope

AFM, I had two extremely busy weeks, but in a good way. My husband and I got married this past January but waited until early June to have a big party with family and friends so I've been off (sort of) getting married (again) and on a brief honeymoon. We had fantastic weather for the outdoor wedding party and everything went super well. I spent most of our honeymoon feeling a little under the weather - a combination of accumulated tiredness and some nausea, but I got lots and lots of rest and I feel so much better this week. I'm back at work and I actually have some energy - probably a combination of all the rest I got and what is hopefully the end of the first trimester fatigue.
I'm 11 1/2 weeks and I go in for my 12 weeks appointment next week.
badwolf092087 likes this.

newly married and pregnant, due January 2015.
LouisaG is offline  
#1061 of 1252 Old 06-20-2014, 11:31 AM
 
badwolf092087's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Stamford, CT
Posts: 882
Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 87 Post(s)
I'll do personals later, but quick silly update.

I scheduled my ortho appointment and an anatomy scan for this Tuesday. Ortho 9:30am, OB 10:40am. Ortho calls me an hour ago, says no food after midnight. I immediately argue back that I'm in my 17th week of pregnancy and you're asking me not to eat... They said it's procedure. Fine, whatever. And then my OB wants me to drink 3-5 glasses of water beforehand for the scan. I'm okay with the water, but can I drink them before and after ortho? That shouldn't be included in the no food thing, right? And then I have an eye appointment for later in the day. My husband is "thrilled."

Sarah & DH Alan 
 
Our angel in heaven, DS Connor 10/2/09 to 10/5/09  
2 pups, 10 cats  and always rescuing more!  RIP Momma Furby </3
Baby #2, a GIRL!, due Nov 29th, 2014  

badwolf092087 is online now  
#1062 of 1252 Old 06-20-2014, 12:47 PM
 
bren94's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Texas
Posts: 255
Mentioned: 103 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 70 Post(s)
@badwolf092087 I don't THINK water counts but don't quote me on it. I think the only time liquids count is when you're having surgery. They can't possibly keep a pregnant woman from drinking water, can they!? What a day you're going to have, I'd go crazy with so many doctors visits. I hope your ankle isn't in too bad of shape! (I'm pretty sure it was your ankle, right? I stalked as far back as my poor strained eyes could stand.)

June 18th, 2014
EDD February 26th, 2015
bren94 is online now  
#1063 of 1252 Old 06-20-2014, 03:01 PM
 
apeydef's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 1,330
Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 110 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by nsmomtobe View Post
I'm sorry you are feeling that way. I am just wondering how you can tell the difference between that and morning sickness? I think I had a stomach bug when I threw up at 7 weeks, but this week I think I am experiencing pregnancy nausea again, even though I had a 2-week break. As I said before, the only time I threw up when I was pregnant with DS was at 14 weeks. I hope you are feeling better soon!
It just feels different then what I get with morning sickness. I ended up throwing up A LOT too. I felt better after that, for a while. It might just be morning sickness mixed with something I ate too. I just got back from vacation and all we did wS eat at restaurants so who knows?

I haven't had MS for over a month now though. So it's all weird!!
apeydef is online now  
#1064 of 1252 Old 06-20-2014, 03:14 PM
 
Harmony96's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Lash-tastic Texas
Posts: 3,145
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by nsmomtobe View Post
I'm sorry you are feeling that way. I am just wondering how you can tell the difference between that and morning sickness? I think I had a stomach bug when I threw up at 7 weeks, but this week I think I am experiencing pregnancy nausea again, even though I had a 2-week break. As I said before, the only time I threw up when I was pregnant with DS was at 14 weeks. I hope you are feeling better soon!
Quote:
Originally Posted by apeydef View Post
It just feels different then what I get with morning sickness. I ended up throwing up A LOT too. I felt better after that, for a while. It might just be morning sickness mixed with something I ate too. I just got back from vacation and all we did wS eat at restaurants so who knows?

I haven't had MS for over a month now though. So it's all weird!!
Yeah, that. I vividly remember being "regular" sick in early, early pregnancy with my daughter, and it was awful. It smelled bad, I felt bad, I was really, truly sick. I healed from that, and then a week or so later, my pregnancy morning sickness kicked in. I felt fine, but just on some mornings, I'd be going about my day, and then have to just stop and go throw up real quick. Sometimes during eating, sometimes not during eating, but it was always just like a thing to check off on my to-do list rather than my body trying to get rid of a nasty virus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LouisaG View Post
@maof1 when I read that you were feeling movement at 13 weeks I immediately laid down flat on my back and concentrated as hard as I possibly could to see if I could feel anything. I'm only 11 weeks and i KNOW it's too early but one can hope
It tends to take a bit longer to feel baby in your first pregnancy than in later ones. I felt my first at 18 weeks, then all the others at 16 weeks, then this one sometime in my 15th week. It'll happen soon for you and it's just super duper exciting and usually happens when you're least expecting it. So try not to "try" to feel it.

Andrea , child of God, wife of Tim , mama of L, B, J, J

Younique has new products 9/1/14! Come check it out!!
Want to get paid daily and start earning as soon as 24 hours after sign up? Join my team!
Harmony96 is offline  
#1065 of 1252 Old 06-20-2014, 03:19 PM
 
jenjy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 561
Mentioned: 119 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by apeydef View Post
Help!! I have a flu bug. The worst part is I haven't thrown up. At least throwing up would bring some relief. I'm miserable!
I'm so sorry, apeydef!!! I don't know - I second the fluids... I'm hoping you feel better soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bren94 View Post
Hi! Thanks to LouisaG's suggestion I decided to drop in! Hopefully I can stay (: I got a BFP on June 18th and am 4 weeks and one day pregnant. Still so early so I'm being very cautious about getting too excited.
I'm Feb 12, so there are a few of us Feb mamas in here.

Thanks, @LouisaG !! Things sound like they are going pretty well for you, but sorry about kind of feeling yucky on your honeymoon! And belated congratulations on your wedding.

@badwolf092087 , Whoa, that'll be a heck of a day. Yeah, I agree - surely water doesn't count.

AFM - I had a little bit of spotting this morning and my symptoms have been pretty mild today so they got my ultrasound booked right away. Baby is measuring 6 weeks 1 day, has a heartbeat (they apparently did not report out the actual rate unfortunately) and I have a subchorionic hemorrhage, which is what I was told is giving me the spotting (exacerbated by my progesterone being on the low side.) So I've upped my progesterone and we'll just keep an eye on the hemorrhage, which tend to resolve fine according to my understanding.

I tell you, it was a heck of an experience at the U/S. I kept trying to figure out what I was seeing on the screen and at first it just kept looking like an empty sac. Of course the tech was saying nothing. Then I finally saw a little blob in the sac but it sure looked ... blobby. Then eventually, there was a heart rate trace thing across the bottom of the screen. I said, "Uh, is that MY heart rate?" And the tech smiled and said, "No, that's not YOUR heart rate." I burst into tears!!!!! I seriously hugged the tech on the way out. LOL!!!
bren94 likes this.

Jen , mom to DD12  and DS7   and six  ('01, '06, '13, '13, '14, '14).
jenjy is offline  
#1066 of 1252 Old 06-20-2014, 04:08 PM
 
badwolf092087's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Stamford, CT
Posts: 882
Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 87 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by nsmomtobe View Post
Yeah. My ortho refused to use anasthesia on me because I was pregnant. I hope you get the help you need. Waiting while you are in pain is hard. As for bedrest, it was awkward for me to use a computer (even though I had a laptop--although a smartphone would have probably been okay), but I spent a lot of time on the couch watching tv or reading. Can you do those things?
I have been. Reading is sort of minimal right now without my glasses. And my laptop bit the dust, so I have to sneak onto the PC. Before the ankle incident, I at least have been able to clean the house. Now I'm not even allowed to do that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bren94 View Post
Hi! Thanks to LouisaG's suggestion I decided to drop in! Hopefully I can stay (: I got a BFP on June 18th and am 4 weeks and one day pregnant. Still so early so I'm being very cautious about getting too excited. @alivewithyou my EDD is February 26th! How neat! So good to see some friends here
Welcome! Hopefully others follow as well. And congrats on the BFP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by apeydef View Post
It just feels different then what I get with morning sickness. I ended up throwing up A LOT too. I felt better after that, for a while. It might just be morning sickness mixed with something I ate too. I just got back from vacation and all we did wS eat at restaurants so who knows?

I haven't had MS for over a month now though. So it's all weird!!
Maybe a reaction to the traveling and atmosphere?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenjy View Post
@badwolf092087 , Whoa, that'll be a heck of a day. Yeah, I agree - surely water doesn't count.

AFM - I had a little bit of spotting this morning and my symptoms have been pretty mild today so they got my ultrasound booked right away. Baby is measuring 6 weeks 1 day, has a heartbeat (they apparently did not report out the actual rate unfortunately) and I have a subchorionic hemorrhage, which is what I was told is giving me the spotting (exacerbated by my progesterone being on the low side.) So I've upped my progesterone and we'll just keep an eye on the hemorrhage, which tend to resolve fine according to my understanding.

I tell you, it was a heck of an experience at the U/S. I kept trying to figure out what I was seeing on the screen and at first it just kept looking like an empty sac. Of course the tech was saying nothing. Then I finally saw a little blob in the sac but it sure looked ... blobby. Then eventually, there was a heart rate trace thing across the bottom of the screen. I said, "Uh, is that MY heart rate?" And the tech smiled and said, "No, that's not YOUR heart rate." I burst into tears!!!!! I seriously hugged the tech on the way out. LOL!!!
I am so so so so so so so so so so so so (not enough so's here) happy for you! I cried at my first ultrasound, btw. It is such a reassuring comfort! Did the tech tell you what the baby's heart rate was?

Sarah & DH Alan 
 
Our angel in heaven, DS Connor 10/2/09 to 10/5/09  
2 pups, 10 cats  and always rescuing more!  RIP Momma Furby </3
Baby #2, a GIRL!, due Nov 29th, 2014  

badwolf092087 is online now  
#1067 of 1252 Old 06-20-2014, 04:18 PM
 
Harmony96's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Lash-tastic Texas
Posts: 3,145
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Welcome, bren!

Andrea , child of God, wife of Tim , mama of L, B, J, J

Younique has new products 9/1/14! Come check it out!!
Want to get paid daily and start earning as soon as 24 hours after sign up? Join my team!
Harmony96 is offline  
#1068 of 1252 Old 06-20-2014, 04:42 PM
 
bren94's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Texas
Posts: 255
Mentioned: 103 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Thank you @Harmony96 and @badwolf092087 !
@jenjy You are due dangerously close to Valentines Day! What a fun VDay surprise that'd be http://www.mothering.com/forum/images/smilies/love.gif

June 18th, 2014
EDD February 26th, 2015
bren94 is online now  
#1069 of 1252 Old 06-20-2014, 05:19 PM
 
apeydef's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 1,330
Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 110 Post(s)
Welcome Bren and louisaG!
apeydef is online now  
#1070 of 1252 Old 06-20-2014, 05:43 PM
 
nsmomtobe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: NS, Canada
Posts: 1,210
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by badwolf092087 View Post
I'll do personals later, but quick silly update.

I scheduled my ortho appointment and an anatomy scan for this Tuesday. Ortho 9:30am, OB 10:40am. Ortho calls me an hour ago, says no food after midnight. I immediately argue back that I'm in my 17th week of pregnancy and you're asking me not to eat... They said it's procedure. Fine, whatever. And then my OB wants me to drink 3-5 glasses of water beforehand for the scan. I'm okay with the water, but can I drink them before and after ortho? That shouldn't be included in the no food thing, right? And then I have an eye appointment for later in the day. My husband is "thrilled."
Those appointments are really close together. I'm not sure that you will be able to make it to both, honestly. If I were you, I would move the OB appt. Unless it is for bloodwork (which seems unlikely for ortho) the "no food after midnight" rule is for surgery, and the surgery rule includes no water. I once waited a week for surgery (luckily not during pregnancy) and was told "no food or drinks after midnight" every day for a week. I won't go into detail right now but it sucked. On the other hand, when I went for my u/s in December, I drank the water first, of course. I found out it was a blighted ovum and when I asked if I could have a D&C that day (it was the last day the OR was open before Christmas and I was already bleeding and in a lot of pain), they asked when I last had something to eat or drink. I said, "I drank water an hour before the ultrasound" and they had to wait some amount of time (6 hrs maybe?) before they could do the surgery after that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bren94 View Post
Hi! Thanks to LouisaG's suggestion I decided to drop in! Hopefully I can stay (: I got a BFP on June 18th and am 4 weeks and one day pregnant. Still so early so I'm being very cautious about getting too excited. @alivewithyou my EDD is February 26th! How neat! So good to see some friends here
Welcome, bren! Is it your first pregnancy? I hope you have a healthy and happy 9 months.


Quote:
Originally Posted by jenjy View Post
AFM - I had a little bit of spotting this morning and my symptoms have been pretty mild today so they got my ultrasound booked right away. Baby is measuring 6 weeks 1 day, has a heartbeat (they apparently did not report out the actual rate unfortunately) and I have a subchorionic hemorrhage, which is what I was told is giving me the spotting (exacerbated by my progesterone being on the low side.) So I've upped my progesterone and we'll just keep an eye on the hemorrhage, which tend to resolve fine according to my understanding.

I tell you, it was a heck of an experience at the U/S. I kept trying to figure out what I was seeing on the screen and at first it just kept looking like an empty sac. Of course the tech was saying nothing. Then I finally saw a little blob in the sac but it sure looked ... blobby. Then eventually, there was a heart rate trace thing across the bottom of the screen. I said, "Uh, is that MY heart rate?" And the tech smiled and said, "No, that's not YOUR heart rate." I burst into tears!!!!! I seriously hugged the tech on the way out. LOL!!!
Yay, congratulations, jenjy! I'm glad you had a good ultrasound! I know you have been worried. Subchorionic hemorrhages are scary, but it must be a relief to know that's all it is.

AFM, I've been completely stressed out about lack of movement after a few quite clear movements a week or two ago.

Now mom to a boy born January 2010. 
Cautiously expecting Dec 2014!

 12/08 (6 weeks),  1/13 (11 weeks), &  12/13 (9.5 weeks)
nsmomtobe is online now  
#1071 of 1252 Old 06-20-2014, 06:39 PM
 
apeydef's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 1,330
Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 110 Post(s)
AFM, I've been completely stressed out about lack of movement after a few quite clear movements a week or two ago.[/QUOTE] how far along are you now?
apeydef is online now  
#1072 of 1252 Old 06-20-2014, 07:25 PM
 
bren94's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Texas
Posts: 255
Mentioned: 103 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 70 Post(s)
@nsmomtobe this is my first child and first pregnancy! Thanks! I'm sorry you're feeling anxious. I hope all is well!
bren94 is online now  
#1073 of 1252 Old 06-20-2014, 08:35 PM
 
edubluv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Oregon
Posts: 323
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
@apeydef
Sorry so sick!

@BadWolf
What kinds of things are you allows to do while on bed rest? Sucks that you have to be thinking about surgery!

@Bren
Welcome and congrats!!! So exciting!!! Glad you are here!!!

@ Louisa
Sounds like a fabulous party! Congrats! Glad you got some time to relax! Any party goers know your preggers?

You need to get busy with all that yarn!!! There are things to be made!!!! ;-)
edubluv is online now  
#1074 of 1252 Old 06-20-2014, 11:09 PM
 
maof1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 209
Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
@LouisaG and Bren, congratulations on your BFP!

To Louisa, I can feel the baby move around. It's not like a kick. It's like a rolling that I feel. I'm really grateful I feel it too because of the miscarriage I had in December. It reassures me everything is okay. Also it's nice to know because my son has been asking for a sibling since he was 4.
maof1 is offline  
#1075 of 1252 Old 06-21-2014, 08:18 AM
 
badwolf092087's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Stamford, CT
Posts: 882
Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 87 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by nsmomtobe View Post
Those appointments are really close together. I'm not sure that you will be able to make it to both, honestly. If I were you, I would move the OB appt. Unless it is for bloodwork (which seems unlikely for ortho) the "no food after midnight" rule is for surgery, and the surgery rule includes no water. I once waited a week for surgery (luckily not during pregnancy) and was told "no food or drinks after midnight" every day for a week. I won't go into detail right now but it sucked. On the other hand, when I went for my u/s in December, I drank the water first, of course. I found out it was a blighted ovum and when I asked if I could have a D&C that day (it was the last day the OR was open before Christmas and I was already bleeding and in a lot of pain), they asked when I last had something to eat or drink. I said, "I drank water an hour before the ultrasound" and they had to wait some amount of time (6 hrs maybe?) before they could do the surgery after that.
It's NOT surgery on Tuesday. It's deciding if I need it or not. And if I can stop using the crutches and air cast. I already know the answer is "no" because I can't stand without falling over, but at least they'll be able to develop a plan of where to go from here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by edubluv View Post
@BadWolf
What kinds of things are you allows to do while on bed rest? Sucks that you have to be thinking about surgery!
I can sit around and read, watch TV/Netflix, eat, and anything else that involves me staying on the couch when husband puts me there before work and in bed the rest of the time. Before it was just medium bed rest, so I could at least cook and clean. Now I'm literally relying on everyone else and I hate it.

Sarah & DH Alan 
 
Our angel in heaven, DS Connor 10/2/09 to 10/5/09  
2 pups, 10 cats  and always rescuing more!  RIP Momma Furby </3
Baby #2, a GIRL!, due Nov 29th, 2014  

badwolf092087 is online now  
#1076 of 1252 Old 06-21-2014, 12:25 PM
 
badwolf092087's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Stamford, CT
Posts: 882
Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 87 Post(s)
So in my DDC, there was a post about Tylenol during pregnancy. I put my 2 cents in, which I probably shouldn't have. My OB and general physician have both said that a lot of pregnant women just don't feel the effects of it, no matter how little or strong the pain is. I threw that out there. Log on just now and I have a private message telling me that my input was not appreciated, my doctors "facts" are wrong, and to go spread my "lies" elsewhere. This isn't the first time I've received a PM on the forum for stating something my doctors have told me. It's actually getting kind of upsetting. I get that a lot of women on here don't like doctor's opinions or science. That's great. But I don't get rude or crass with them when they try to push the midwife concept on me. UGH! Some days I really feel like leaving mothering.com completely.

Sarah & DH Alan 
 
Our angel in heaven, DS Connor 10/2/09 to 10/5/09  
2 pups, 10 cats  and always rescuing more!  RIP Momma Furby </3
Baby #2, a GIRL!, due Nov 29th, 2014  

badwolf092087 is online now  
#1077 of 1252 Old 06-21-2014, 12:40 PM
 
alivewithyou's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Salt Lake City, UT
Posts: 648
Mentioned: 134 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 74 Post(s)
I'm sorry Badwolf, that is stupid. People need to stop being so defensive about OPINIONS on this site. We all have our own experiences, our own research, etc. There is nothing wrong with that.
@jenjy : I am so happy for you and the outcome of your ultrasound. I am happy you have a reason for the spotting and even though it's probably pretty scary at least you know the baby is doing well. I also like that you talked about your symptoms disappearing and the baby still being alright. That is my biggest worry since I don't have screaming obvious symptoms yet.. although i do just feel crappy and tired in general right now haha.
@bren94 : Welcome! Happy to see you here.
@nsmomtobe : Sending good vibes your way. I am sure there is a reasonable explanation for the baby's movements not being too obvious yet.
@apeydef : Hope you are feeling better. The flu has got to be the worst when pregnant.

Hi to everyone else!

AFM: DH and I's first wedding anniversary is tomorrow so we are going to dinner and staying at a hotel tonight. Should be fun although I'm not feeling too hot right now. I'm starting to notice a build up of bloat over the day. I can stick my tummy out a lot further than I used to be able to. I'm sure it's just gas and water retention but it's kind of entertaining. I am mostly tired and a little nauseous.. but otherwise I am just trying to stay calm and send positive thoughts to this baby. Really want it to stick around this time. I think I am done peeing on sticks, I might take the digital next week to confirm the 3+ weeks that I would like to see (maybe) but otherwise I am waiting for an ultrasound next Saturday to confirm the baby is in the right place.

Kyle and Jordan - Married June 22nd, 2013

TTC #1 since October 2013.

My chart -

One loss - March 2014 (5 weeks)

BFP on June 13, 2014 - EDD 2/25/2014
First Beta at 12DPO-186. 15DPO-598!

alivewithyou is online now  
#1078 of 1252 Old 06-21-2014, 03:45 PM
 
apeydef's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 1,330
Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 110 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by badwolf092087 View Post
So in my DDC, there was a post about Tylenol during pregnancy. I put my 2 cents in, which I probably shouldn't have. My OB and general physician have both said that a lot of pregnant women just don't feel the effects of it, no matter how little or strong the pain is. I threw that out there. Log on just now and I have a private message telling me that my input was not appreciated, my doctors "facts" are wrong, and to go spread my "lies" elsewhere. This isn't the first time I've received a PM on the forum for stating something my doctors have told me. It's actually getting kind of upsetting. I get that a lot of women on here don't like doctor's opinions or science. That's great. But I don't get rude or crass with them when they try to push the midwife concept on me. UGH! Some days I really feel like leaving mothering.com completely.
I've had Mean PMs too bc people don't agree with me. It's not like you were saying you can't have it. Just it might not work right? People can get vicious on here!
apeydef is online now  
#1079 of 1252 Old 06-21-2014, 03:51 PM
 
apeydef's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 1,330
Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 110 Post(s)
Thanks Alive!
apeydef is online now  
#1080 of 1252 Old 06-21-2014, 04:00 PM
 
apeydef's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 1,330
Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 110 Post(s)
Bad wolf I went back and read it and there was nothing wrong with what you said. You should report the persons PM if they were rude!
apeydef is online now  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Drag and Drop File Upload
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



User Tag List
jenjy

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off