Grad Club: Where the group discussion continues after the ONE thread! - Page 7 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 
 70Likes

#181 of 1252 Old 03-06-2014, 08:34 PM

Mentioned: 119 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by innacircle View Post

OK let's talk about your hcg!  Are you one of those tiger moms that expects very high achievements from your embryo?  I'm not looking to make light of this by any means, but you still fall comfortably within range.  NORMAL. 

Well, if the bean hadn't already brought home that A+...

Quote:
Originally Posted by innacircle View Post

I looked high and low for a good clear chart of the progressive rise of hcg.  Over and over studies state that the initial rise is rapid and then the doubling times increase.  The most specific info I found was in a ClearBlue study.  Urinary hcg was used, but urinary and serum hcg is very closely comparable in this regard... enough to see the pattern.  This shows that the slowing is significant even from day to day early on:

There was a 30-fold increase in mean urinary hCG
  between days 8 and 9, a 5-fold increase between
  days 9 and 10, a nearly 3-fold increase between
  days 10 and 11, a doubling between days 11 and 12,
  and a progressively slower rate of increase thereafter.

**Deep breath** OK... I'm going to cut the bean some slack.  Reading through everything you linked, I will admit the doubling time slows down faster than I was really thinking.  Thank you for holding my hand through this.

Here is my thought.  I've got the ClearBlue with weeks estimator and I'll give it a try to see if I can get the 2-3 weeks to pop up.  I looked at the sensitivity info that you posted.  So at 153 (the 2-3 week threshold) nearly 80% still show 1-2 weeks.  For hcg = 214, the ratio flips and nearly 80% show 2-3 weeks.  So, I'll try testing with one tomorrow afternoon.  That'll be 48 hours since the 111 beta.  Fair?  Or too tiger mom-ish?  

I did not spot today!

Quote:

Originally Posted by innacircle View Post

Oh, and the pic below shows how serum progesterone drops after meals.  Did you know that?  I sure didn't!

The dramatic rate of rise of hCG levels seen in early gestation seems essential to the maintenance of progesterone secretion.  A new wave of vascular endothelial proliferation in the corpus luteum occurs in response to the rising hCG of early pregnancy.

Fig. 9. Serum progesterone and human chorionic gonadotropin (hCG) levels obtained at 30-minute intervals over 24 hours in a pregnant subject studied 22 days after ovulation in a spontaneous cycle. Levels of hCG rise smoothly. Much of the variability in progesterone levels was attributable to decreases after meals (asterisks).

Fig. 9

http://www.glowm.com/section_view/heading/Corpus%20Luteum/item/290

Ah ha!  No, I did not know it dropped after meals.  This sort of thing is why I was looking for that other day-variability chart you had linked before.  I had been wondering if there were certain times it dipped.  The other chart was sort of all over the place, but I see how this one has the meal drops.  Interesting... 

Quote:

Oh and with my crazy long post above I forgot to mention that my doc visit today went well.  No u/s - just doppler and a heartbeat. 

:love  Wonderful news!  Nothing like that reassurance that all is super!

Quote:
Originally Posted by edubluv View Post

I know nothing about anything, but darker lines look good and I am rooting for you!

Thank you, edubluv!!  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosie2727 View Post

jenjy: still doubling at least. I was so hoping to hear that it shot up to like 1300! Idk what to think of your situation. Obviously some women start with low levels and it's fine. I just think, for me, I'll always be scared unless my first reading is some crazy high number. Will you have them done again? Is there an US scheduled or anything? Ugh! I cannot believe 3 of us have dealt with so much beta testing lately. Someone has got to have better luck soon - and that someone should be you!

Ah, rosie.  It means so much to me that you are cheering me on.  :heartbeat  Please please please get your BFP asap... 

No, I don't have an ultrasound scheduled, and I'm hoping I can hold out and wait to do the next beta next week. 

Jen , mom to DD12  and DS7   and six  ('01, '06, '13, '13, '14, '14).
#182 of 1252 Old 03-07-2014, 08:21 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)

Good Morning and Happy Friday!

edubluv - you are so right, that was a lot of info I posted yesterday!  When we got home from the doc appt and lunch I was physically just about paralyzed with exhaustion.  To stay awake I threw myself into research (something I enjoy) in order to bridge the gap to evening and avoid napping.  I did find some cool stuff though!  geek.gif

jenjy - I'm so happy you didn't spot!  :joy

Your idea about putting the digi to the test sounds like such a fun mature, prudent plan.  Re the sensitivity... there's always a caveat isn't there?  The results in that FDA paper were some of the most varied I've seen.  It's like "well, this is the cutoff give or take 20-50%!!"  Regardless, your line yesterday (14dpo) was nice and solid and def proof of a substantial increase from the day before... and especially in comparison to 12dpo.  I'll keep an eye out for you to post the results! 

AFM:  It's supposed to be 60 and sunny here today.  Weather has such an effect on my entire being... the sun is like a drug.  My ancestors must've been cave dwellers who stayed in the dark too much.  I'm hoping to muster and keep the energy to enjoy the day, but fatigue has come back with a vengeance recently.  I keep fighting it off but I'm pretty sure it's a losing battle!  faint.gif

#183 of 1252 Old 03-07-2014, 10:18 AM

My test this morning was darker than the control!  And my temp is climbing back up!  Three hours until I test the digi... the countdown is on!

Aw, inna -- do what you can to enjoy that lovely weather!  Highs of 80's here today... I think you need a vacation out by me.  :D  

#184 of 1252 Old 03-07-2014, 10:46 AM

Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenjy View Post

Aw, inna -- do what you can to enjoy that lovely weather!  Highs of 80's here today... I think you need a vacation out by me.  orngbiggrin.gif   
now you're just bragging! Where do you live? I'm with inna, I must have warmth and sunshine. I'm like a lizard that needs a rock! Your results are encouraging too!

Me , 38 years old; DH , 39 years old
DD - 11 , DD - 9 (both from previous marriage), and me and DH have DS - 4 .
07/04, 02/13, 10/13, 02/14,
05/14
#185 of 1252 Old 03-07-2014, 11:34 AM - Thread Starter

I am being thwarted.  :irked

Just warmed up, ready to go outside and a nice thick layer of clouds rolls in.  COME ON! 

rosie - Funny that you compare yourself to a lizard bc I always say that I'm like a turtle on a log! 

jenjy - I'm ahead of you on that one.  I've already been down the road of exploring my weekend options.  JW Desert Ridge in PHX was on the list based on good weather and the fact that I like their lazy river.  It was either there or Marco Island again.  I am like a loaded spring, ready to jump outta here in a split second!  Too bad I have been too fatigued to flip that switch.  Right now packing, even as simple as it would be, seems daunting.  Knowing how Murphy's Law works, I'll probably be a bundle of energy in a couple of hours and end up spending the weekend deep cleaning my baseboards.

Btw that dark line today sounds quite encouraging.  Congrats! 

#186 of 1252 Old 03-07-2014, 12:38 PM

rosie - lol, I'm not bragging, believe me -- I know a high of 81 today means a wretched summer ahead.  As usual.  (I'm in AZ).  But I will enjoy my three days of spring each year!

I caved and tested slightly earlier than planned (but only 30 minutes earlier).  The test only said 1-2 weeks still.  Sigh.  I guess that helps me choose when my next beta should be --  Monday it is.  Not pleased.

#187 of 1252 Old 03-07-2014, 01:02 PM

Mentioned: 111 Post(s)
Quoted: 61 Post(s)

Hang in there jenjy, everything sounds really promising! 

As for sunshine, we are heading to California and then Mexico on our cruise tomorrow. :)

Kyle and Jordan - Married June 22nd, 2013

TTC #1 since October 2013.

My chart -

One loss - March 2014 (5 weeks)

BFP on June 13, 2014 - EDD 2/25/2014
First Beta at 12DPO-186. 15DPO-598!

#188 of 1252 Old 03-07-2014, 01:38 PM

Quote:

Right now packing, even as simple as it would be, seems daunting.  

Just throw those flip flops and ponytail holders in the bag and go :p

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alivewithyou View Post

Hang in there jenjy, everything sounds really promising! 

As for sunshine, we are heading to California and then Mexico on our cruise tomorrow. :)

Thanks, alive.  :)  I hope you are doing ok and that you enjoy your cruise!  

#189 of 1252 Old 03-07-2014, 05:47 PM - Thread Starter

alive - I hope you find your trip to be rejuvenating.  It sounds great to me.  Enjoy!

Quote:
Just throw those flip flops and ponytail holders in the bag and go :p.

jenjy - That might work out fine if I was going to a nudist resort!!  :Sheepish

DH knocked off of work early and we took a nice walk (approx 4 miles) this afternoon in the semi-sunny 62 degree weather.  It was really enjoyable.  We decided to stay home in order to get the house in shape for some work we're about to do.  We have 2 spare bedrooms with a jack-n-jill bath between them.  We are going to make that baby central with baby in one room and us in the other.  The master is on the other side of the house so it seems to make more sense to stay in the adjoining rooms. 

The plan is to install bead board and a chair rail, update the moldings, upgrade the closet doors, paint, replace door knobs and hinges, replace the vanity top and add a tile backsplash, install medicine cabinets and new mirrors.  It's crazy to do all this seeing that the house is only 10 years old but it just seems outdated.  We will get all that done then roll it into the next set of bedrooms before we expand into the rest of the house.  My mom always told me start your projects and remodels as far away from the front door as possible, that way you'll have it down to a science by the time you get to the public areas! 

I think right now the sense of accomplishment (that I can only get if we work together) will be greater than I would get from sitting in the sun.  That's saying a lot!

#190 of 1252 Old 03-07-2014, 08:37 PM

That sounds very exciting yet exhausting!  Be sure to take before and after pics...  Will the two of you do all of that work yourselves??

AFM - I was going to wait until the morning to take the other weeks estimator digi after today's disappointing 1-2 week result, but I went ahead and took it just now.  8 hours after the first one, and it did pop up 2-3 weeks this time.  My guess is I'm at around 55 hr doubling time at this point.  I'm surprisingly OK with that.  And I had no spotting again today.  I'm going to skip the FRER tomorrow.  :)

#191 of 1252 Old 03-08-2014, 07:36 AM - Thread Starter

jenjy - hey that's great you got the 2-3 weeks reading!  How cool to see it make the switch.  I just *knew* you weren't gonna let that 1-2 weeks result stand.  Yippee! 

So is the plan to do one more blood test on Monday?  It's quite a relief to hear that the spots stopped.  Seriously, I think my theory might have been pretty close to accurate.  Not bad for a crazy pg lady! :wink

Wow, it just makes me so happy.  I'm assuming you showed DH that test, yes?  The history of last year has got to leave you guys feeling a bit like dipping your toe in the water instead of diving in head first.  Unless you have a xanax baby.  You seem to have a super sunny disposition anyway though.  :love  What's your take on things?

As for all that work on our house, we have a funny way we do things.  We always have a contractor in our back pocket who can fix or finish whatever we get into.  We could totally pay someone to do all of it, but I don't want to.  Here's the weird part: I love physical labor (in limited doses)... like my life's calling was to be a construction worker or something!  We've done a lot in houses before when we were younger, but now it's mostly small superficial projects, if any. 

I grew up a tomboy in a handy family so I'm like an undercover handy-gal.  You'd never know by looking at me... as is obvious when I go to Home Depot and they treat me like an idiot until we start talking shop.  We'll give it a shot in those 2 rooms + bath, but most of anything we do will be cosmetic.  We actually have big plans for the contractor too (several built-ins, kitchen update and basement build out).  I can only hack so much in a house being disrupted at once though!

btw I'm the brains and DH is the brawn.  He does all my grunt work... it's quite a hoot bc he's the big masculine guy who looks like he'd be super handy and I look like I'd be standing on the sidelines bringing him some lemonade or something.  Looks can be deceiving!

- Oh, and DH vehemently votes to hire it all out.  Apparently grunt work isn't as fun as the skilled labor, heehee   :D   We'll see how much pg energy I can muster.  If I'm just not feeling it, time to make that call and I'll just focus my energy on decorating the finished product.  Win-win. 

#192 of 1252 Old 03-08-2014, 11:09 AM

No, I hear you!!  I LOVE doing projects!  Redoing floors... painting.. it's fun.  But I have to say, if I were at your stage in pregnancy, I think I'd rather just move to a newer house.  :lol

Quote:

You seem to have a super sunny disposition anyway though.  :love  What's your take on things?

Well, I don't know how sunny my disposition is.  I definitely have my Grumpy Cat moments.  However.... (long story to ensue)  

Quantum Mechanics can lead to this really interesting theory where the universe  splits off into branches all the time.  E.g., light is a particle OR a wave -- once observed, the universe could split into two copies to accommodate each.  It would be observed as a wave in one branch and as a particle in the other branch; then each universe goes on its merry way.  The fun extension of this is the idea of it splitting at decision points.  For example, you are late and on your way out but notice your shoe is untied.  You just go in one universe, but you stop and tie it in the other.  Who knows how different those branches go from there.  Whether the theory is true or not, my point here is that I often contemplate this.  I can easily imagine a universe where that version of myself would do anything to have the universe I got.  I just feel really fortunate.  If I get low betas next week, of course I will be sad.  But it's a victory that I can even get pregnant at 40, especially since I wasn't getting pregnant at all a couple years ago.  If it's to be, then fantastic!  Dream realized!  If not -- well, I tell you, I am overwhelmed with gratitude for my two treasures, a.k.a. DD and DS.  Those two make it easier to always choose joy. 

#193 of 1252 Old 03-08-2014, 12:55 PM - Thread Starter

jenjy - Our house is not quite 10 years old.  To me though it's like an empty shell that needs some pizazz.  If I'm gonna sit still for a few years, I want it my way!  We've been fairly transient since 2006.  Our moves have been pre-planned short-term (corp apartment in DC, lakehouse in AL, parents' house for medical care, etc.) so everything was kept to a minimum with regard to actually settling in.  Basically I've been living in each house with the plan of an imminent move for too long.  We've been here a year and I barely even have anything on the walls.  I need to ground myself a little!

- I actually thought about leaving this house and moving to get exactly what we want but I DO NOT want to move while pg.  Also, we have great wildlife here in our back yard:  deer, foxes, turkeys, groundhogs, armadillos, possums, racoons, skunks, and a host of bird species.  It's like the wild kingdom out there and we enjoy it tremendously!

Totally get it on the alternate universe.  Makes me think of that show Fringe.  I bet you get some good snickering in while watching shows present their scientific mumbo jumbo.  I certainly do if there's anything medical.  Do they even consult anymore? 

Obviously I have never studied QM because I didn't realize light was ever considered a particle!  Oh wait, you're talking about photons huh?  Why aren't you at my n'hood parties, where all they talk about is stupid TV shows?  Gah!

I'm the bio-nerd, and with that comes the realization that the more I learn, there's all the more to know (or that's not discovered yet).  It's endless and mind boggling.  :dizzy

OK sunny side, start talking about the fantastic betas we'll see next week.  Spotting stopped, line is dark, doubling time is totally in range.  Check, check, check.  All looks good so far! 

#194 of 1252 Old 03-08-2014, 06:42 PM

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
DH is gone this weekend. My poor DS!!! I am totally wiped out. Exhausted. Laying around like a lump and watching him play. I feel really guilty but at least he is entertaining himself well. He does, of course, come climb on me periodically. Damn this exhaustion. It is kicking my butt. Oh and the hunger. I go from stuffed and wanting to puke to starving to death and wanting to puke everyone hour. This has been a tough time but I know it will be rewarding in the end. Just gotta get past this. There are no house projects going on here, in fact the dishes are barely getting done.

Me , DH , DS 11/11, M/C 08/13 , #2 EDD 10/11/14 
#195 of 1252 Old 03-08-2014, 10:18 PM

inna, right on with photons.  You know, I've heard shows do try to get science consultation, but then they throw most out the window.  On the other hand, Big Bang Theory has a consultant, and they stay true to real stuff.  I know someone (not personally - he graduated long before I did) from my alma mater became a science consultant for Star Trek.  Now that's a dream job!!.  

Your house sounds perfect.  And the projects you're talking about are doable - nice facelift-type stuff.  Not mountain-moving type stuff, but I still applaud you for tackling it while pregnant!   I bet it'll be gorgeous!  Is this a more permanent place for you guys then or are you facing additional moves down the road?  Does it feel strange to be in one place so long?

Oh, I wanted to ask if you started telling people yet.  I know you were planning on telling a few after the appt last week.  What kind of reactions are you getting?

edubluv - this is the hardest part, but you can do it!  I know it is miserable when you can't do the things you are used to doing and you feel like you are neglecting everything.   Please don't feel guilty.  (Easier said than done.)  I'm glad DS is entertaining himself well.  I left craft stuff out for my DD when I was at that stage of pregnancy with my DS (my fatigue lasted a really long portion of my pregnancy) and I was amazed how long and happily she would draw and color.  (And she's quite a good artist to this day -- I attribute it to that extra practice!!)  For food, do you have some reliable ready-to-eat type foods that can help when that hunger hits?  Hope your DH is back soon!!  (Sunday?)

AFM - I went from feeling totally confident in this pregnancy to feeling a bit shaken, but I'm bouncing back to feeling confident again.  More symptoms setting in and it feels more like it will really happen -- never really got that feeling in either loss last year. 

#196 of 1252 Old 03-09-2014, 07:42 PM - Thread Starter

edubluv - How'd your weekend turn out?  You're 9 weeks now - not too much longer till that u/s your doc is making you waaaaaaaiiittt for!  Sounds like you have a good partner in DH, and I bet you def felt his absence the last couple of days.  One thing I noticed about men picking up slack, at least in my house, is that there's clean and then there's "man clean" which is never quite up to par for me.  Don't get me wrong, a good "man clean" is great but it's not a long term solution.  Is it that way with your DH? 

jenjy - I have meant to ask you in every post about symptoms and if you are feeling any.  Darn pg brain has blanked me out on it every time though! :irked 

What are you noticing?  You mentioned not having symptoms in the loss pgs and it was the same for me.  Edubluv, if you're reading, that is a really good sign for you right now! :wink

I told my SIL and brother today.  I finally did it.  I got all sweaty like a nervous reaction, it was so strange!  They were absolutely thrilled and surprised to no end (totally floored).  My brother commented that it's a sad thing that I don't have our mom to help out.  Apparently she saved their butts many times. Yup, we're the blind leading the blind over here!

Then DH got kinda excited and decided he felt like telling his mom.  He called her cell and she didn't answer and hasn't called him back.  It is so sad to see him disappointed by that group over and over.  I hate it, and it makes me feel really nasty towards them. 

FIREdevil.gif

We went to Home Depot and eyed the moldings and doors.  We brought home a few moldings to interview - trying to decide between adding on to existing molding or flat out replacing.  It was fun!  We will be doing the bead board 2 weekends from now so I have to prep the room.  Prep is so thankless!  At least I have that long to pick a paint color/theme.  It's got to carry into that shared bath and pair with the other room, so careful consideration is required.  Normally I'm fairly decisive but now I look at my paint wheel and just stare!

Have you already pre-figured your hcg range for Monday's draw? 

#197 of 1252 Old 03-09-2014, 08:01 PM

Quote:

edubluv - How'd your weekend turn out?  You're 9 weeks now - not too much longer till that u/s your doc is making you waaaaaaaiiittt for!  Sounds like you have a good partner in DH, and I bet you def felt his absence the last couple of days.  One thing I noticed about men picking up slack, at least in my house, is that there's clean and then there's "man clean" which is never quite up to par for me.  Don't get me wrong, a good "man clean" is great but it's not a long term solution.  Is it that way with your DH? 

Thank goodness he's home. DS and DH are two peas in a pod and DH is all about running around the house playing imaginary. I'm the opposite. I am more down to business ( I think it comes with being a mom and needing to do the feedings and such) and I like to play more with toys and games and not so much make believe. So he gets a heathy dose of both. DH definitely "man cleans" but for the next month I could care less. When I start nesting it will be another story. So glad he is home though. What a relief! Going to call and see if they will do a quick Doppler check when I come in a Tuesday. Fingers crossed.

jenjy - I have meant to ask you in every post about symptoms and if you are feeling any.  Darn pg brain has blanked me out on it every time though! irked.gif  
What are you noticing?  You mentioned not having symptoms in the loss pgs and it was the same for me.  Edubluv, if you're reading, that is a really good sign for you right now! winky.gif

I'm hoping. I had nausea until about 11weeks with my MC. But this pregnancy feels stronger so I'm hoping. We told my mom and a best friend this weekend but they are both people that would want to be able to support us if we MC again so that's good.

I told my SIL and brother today.  I finally did it.  I got all sweaty like a nervous reaction, it was so strange!  They were absolutely thrilled and surprised to no end (totally floored).  My brother commented that it's a sad thing that I don't have our mom to help out.  Apparently she saved their butts many times. Yup, we're the blind leading the blind over here!
Then DH got kinda excited and decided he felt like telling his mom.  He called her cell and she didn't answer and hasn't called him back.  It is so sad to see him disappointed by that group over and over.  I hate it, and it makes me feel really nasty towards them. 
     FIREdevil.gif

We went to Home Depot and eyed the moldings and doors.  We brought home a few moldings to interview - trying to decide between adding on to existing molding or flat out replacing.  It was fun!  We will be doing the bead board 2 weekends from now so I have to prep the room.  Prep is so thankless!  At least I have that long to pick a paint color/theme.  It's got to carry into that shared bath and pair with the other room, so careful consideration is required.  Normally I'm fairly decisive but now I look at my paint wheel and just stare!

I like hearing about your excitement in planning baby's room. Good and special times!

Have you already pre-figured your hcg range for Monday's draw? 

#198 of 1252 Old 03-09-2014, 08:08 PM

Quote:

inna, right on with photons.  You know, I've heard shows do try to get science consultation, but then they throw most out the window.  On the other hand, Big Bang Theory has a consultant, and they stay true to real stuff.  I know someone (not personally - he graduated long before I did) from my alma mater became a science consultant for Star Trek.  Now that's a dream job!!.  

Your house sounds perfect.  And the projects you're talking about are doable - nice facelift-type stuff.  Not mountain-moving type stuff, but I still applaud you for tackling it while pregnant!   I bet it'll be gorgeous!  Is this a more permanent place for you guys then or are you facing additional moves down the road?  Does it feel strange to be in one place so long?

Oh, I wanted to ask if you started telling people yet.  I know you were planning on telling a few after the appt last week.  What kind of reactions are you getting?

edubluv - this is the hardest part, but you can do it!  I know it is miserable when you can't do the things you are used to doing and you feel like you are neglecting everything.   Please don't feel guilty.  (Easier said than done.)  I'm glad DS is entertaining himself well.  I left craft stuff out for my DD when I was at that stage of pregnancy with my DS (my fatigue lasted a really long portion of my pregnancy) and I was amazed how long and happily she would draw and color.  (And she's quite a good artist to this day -- I attribute it to that extra practice!!)  For food, do you have some reliable ready-to-eat type foods that can help when that hunger hits?  Hope your DH is back soon!!  (Sunday?)

I am really trying to not feel guilty. It's hard tho. I do have a full fridge but I wish something sounded good. Oh well, I know I won't starve! You gave me a good idea, I should stock up on craft supplies that aren't too messy, lol. DH is back and thank goodness for that!!!

AFM - I went from feeling totally confident in this pregnancy to feeling a bit shaken, but I'm bouncing back to feeling confident again.  More symptoms setting in and it feels more like it will really happen -- never really got that feeling in either loss last year. 

So excited for the positives signs you are feeling!!! Really hopeful for you!!!

#199 of 1252 Old 03-10-2014, 09:13 AM

inna - I wish you had your mom to help, too.  :hug

As for blind leading the blind -- I promise you will do just fine.  You will find your own path and you will be GREAT.  I have no doubt.

DH's family makes me :irked.  What is wrong with them!?

edubluv - So glad DH is back.  :)  And oh goodness, we are the same way!  DH is all about imaginary play, and I'm all, 'wait, someone needs to give me a clear set of rules.'  Give me a board game or a puzzle!  I need structure!  

And 'man cleaning' is definitely a phenomenon I see here.  It's like they simply do not see what we see.  shrug.gif  I was hit so badly with exhaustion w/ DS's pregnancy that our house took on a whole new uncharted state of disorder.  I knew it was bad when DH said, "Wow - the house is kind of getting messy, huh?"  

AFM - well, ladies -- the news is not good this morning at 18DPO.  After a spotting hiatus, it came back strongly this morning (red, of course.)   Took a FRER and the line is slightly lighter than the control, whereas at 15DPO it was slightly darker than the control.  It should have been blazing dark.  I have an appt this afternoon for a blood draw.  I am feeling a bit betrayed by these symptoms!  I know I'm on progesterone, but it's just been the last few days that I started feeling bouts of nausea and extremely sore breasts.  I've been on prog. since 2DPO - so I figured I was getting legitimate symptoms, not trick symptoms.  I spent a couple hours processing it this morning, but I'm doing OK.  

#200 of 1252 Old 03-10-2014, 09:33 AM - Thread Starter

OH NO jenjy I am so sad about your spotting and the FRER line.  Why on Earth is this happening to you?  I am so over all of the drama that pg has been bringing lately.  Literally a huge WTF?!

Just like everything else, now we get to play the game of wait and see.  I will be thinking about you and hoping with all my might that your blood work looks good and you're just having a bit of a roller coaster start.

I am going out to loosen the soil in my front garden shortly.  I have a feeling that it might be a bit more aggressive as I work off my frustrations!  hopmad.gif

#201 of 1252 Old 03-10-2014, 10:26 AM

@jenjyDangit! I hate to hear this. Been thinking of you all weekend. I hope the results turn out better than what your symptoms are leading you to believe.

05/14
#202 of 1252 Old 03-10-2014, 01:06 PM

@jenjy Noooo! I am sooo sorry. Hoping your symptoms are a fluke. I don't like this at all.

#203 of 1252 Old 03-10-2014, 05:19 PM - Thread Starter

jenjy - How did today go?  I sure hope your spotting stopped.  <insert nail biting emoticon>

I went out and did yard work and it gave me a nice sense of satisfaction to cross so much off my list.  Lots of time-sensitive stuff here since it's been freezing until a couple of days ago and now it's in the high 70s.  All the plants are waking up and there was a lot to prune/trim etc.  Usually I have quite a flower garden out front but I think I'm gonna skip it this year in lieu of a heavy duty container garden on our back deck.  I can control the temp out there with my huge umbrellas and the plants are elevated so they're more manageable for day to day maintenance.  I'm also a super crazy hummingbird feeder so the more flowers out there the better. 

In other news, DH's mom still hasn't called him back.  splat.gif

edubluv - How does flower gardening work in Oregon with all that rain?  I know upstate/coastal Washington has great growing...  What (if any) do you do? 

Also, I wanted to mention the Doppler.  I got a Doppler check at 11w3d and the doc couldn't find the HB due to my retroverted uterus.  She wasn't concerned by this, but gave me the option for a quick peek u/s for peace of mind if I wanted it.  I decided I might as well so I got the u/s and saw the little girl boxing away in there.  So don't get discouraged if the Doppler doesn't pan out for some reason!

#204 of 1252 Old 03-10-2014, 07:16 PM

Thanks inna, rosie, and edubluv!  I really appreciate your support.  

I think I can pretty much say with certainty there is no miracle to hope for with today's beta.  The spotting totally went away, but it looks like this morning's lighter test wasn't a fluke.  The test I took a couple hours ago looks even lighter.   

Wish I knew why my symptoms started up so strongly so recently.  You'd think if my strong symptoms were due to progesterone supplementation, I'd have felt them sooner.  headscratch.gif  

#205 of 1252 Old 03-10-2014, 08:00 PM

Quote:

jenjy - How did today go?  I sure hope your spotting stopped. 

I went out and did yard work and it gave me a nice sense of satisfaction to cross so much off my list.  Lots of time-sensitive stuff here since it's been freezing until a couple of days ago and now it's in the high 70s.  All the plants are waking up and there was a lot to prune/trim etc.  Usually I have quite a flower garden out front but I think I'm gonna skip it this year in lieu of a heavy duty container garden on our back deck.  I can control the temp out there with my huge umbrellas and the plants are elevated so they're more manageable for day to day maintenance.  I'm also a super crazy hummingbird feeder so the more flowers out there the better. 
In other news, DH's mom still hasn't called him back.  splat.gif

edubluv - How does flower gardening work in Oregon with all that rain?  I know upstate/coastal Washington has great growing...  What (if any) do you do? 
Also, I wanted to mention the Doppler.  I got a Doppler check at 11w3d and the doc couldn't find the HB due to my retroverted uterus.  She wasn't concerned by this, but gave me the option for a quick peek u/s for peace of mind if I wanted it.  I decided I might as well so I got the u/s and saw the little girl boxing away in there.  So don't get discouraged if the Doppler doesn't pan out for some reason!

It's so wet and with mild temperature here pretty much always. We rarely have snow nor does it really get too super hot for too long. So it's pretty much lush and green with beautiful flowers and gardens everywhere. The weather right now for spring is major downpours followed by blue skies all day long!

All that said, I'm no green thumb and rarely plant anything like I should. I just enjoy others handy work. Like my dad who plants a giant dahlia garden every spring. Beautiful!

I called today, they said they might check tomorrow with the Doppler but they are worried about doing it bc it's really hard to hear anything until at Least 10 weeks. Maybe they have a little u/s to check with? I hope but I won't get my hopes up.

I'm pretty sure baby is implanted on the left side cause that is where I feel funny when I push on my belly. Also, same side I felt ovulation which is cool!

#206 of 1252 Old 03-10-2014, 08:04 PM

Quote:

I think I can pretty much say with certainty there is no miracle to hope for with today's beta.  The spotting totally went away, but it looks like this morning's lighter test wasn't a fluke.  The test I took a couple hours ago looks even lighter.   
Wish I knew why my symptoms started up so strongly so recently.  You'd think if my strong symptoms were due to progesterone supplementation, I'd have felt them sooner.  headscratch.gif   

Hugs to you. I'm very sorry.

#207 of 1252 Old 03-10-2014, 08:12 PM

Quote:

I'm sorry to hear this. But you didn't get the betas back yet, right? So no conclusive # yet? Idk about those symptoms....I don't think the progesterone would affect your symptoms. But maybe the hcg was just getting high enough to start having symptoms. A threshold if you will. But maybe that level petered out? We could speculate day in and day out and none of us will ever have the answers. So frustrating. I scour the internet looking for answers I know I'll never find. But I keep searching. It's crazy. So glad I didn't have internet access when TTC my first child. I would have gone bat shit crazy before I could get out the gate!

05/14
#208 of 1252 Old 03-11-2014, 07:16 AM

rosie, you are right.  I don't have yesterday's number yet... but at this stage I tend to think the FRER is almost semi-quantitative.  I'd guess it'll come back under 100.  (I'll go so far as to predict in the 70's.)  Y'all know me.  Even though I still feel plenty pregnant, if there was any hope to be had I'd be clinging on to it desperately.  It's OK.  At my age & history, m/c is the likely reality that I've signed up for by TTC'ing.  I hope I get the call today... I took the test so late in the evening that the lab didn't think I'd have results by today!  Hope they are wrong. 

#209 of 1252 Old 03-11-2014, 02:02 PM

Just got the call.  Turns out my estimate was off, but the end is the same.  It was 121, but since I had a "2-3 week" digi reading last week, I know that is clearly on its way down.

I wanted to add that it has been a joy to be here!!  I truly treasured each day of this pregnancy and it has meant a lot to me that I had you all as company along the way.  I will be back.  :)

#210 of 1252 Old 03-11-2014, 03:15 PM - Thread Starter

jenjy - Well damn.  This is such a huge disappointment.  It is encouraging that you are so mentally prepared, but that strength makes the news all the more sour!  I'm sorry that you're having to go around this wheel again, but I'm glad we got to spend some time chatting it up and calculating along the way.  I'll miss you over here!  Please hurry back.  :Hug

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List
jenjy

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page