Grad Club: Where the group discussion continues after the ONE thread! - Page 9 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 
 70Likes

#241 of 1252 Old 03-19-2014, 09:45 AM

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Thanks everyone. It was pretty much a relief but of course I'm still in the tricky zone.

Provider seemed ok but I saw some red flags that make me worry if a hospital birth is the right choice. I attempted a home birth with my first. My whole pregnancy was very hands off. I was in labor for 35 hrs, dialated 9.5 with a lip and ended up with a c/s due to exhaustion and baby being posterior. I was also 9 days past due. That my mini version birth story.

So yesterday the MW was saying that if I got to 41 weeks they would highly recommend breaking waters and starting pitocin. In my mind I'm thinking "eff that"!!! That it might lead me to c/s again. I don't want intervention like that until I'm well into labor and only if I must. Starting labor artificially is not happening.

Might try look around for other options. Not sure. Really torn right now on what to do.

Me , DH , DS 11/11, M/C 08/13 , #2 EDD 10/11/14 
#242 of 1252 Old 03-19-2014, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by innacircle View Post

edubluv - That is fantastic news... but secretly no one suspected any different!  Your symptoms are too strong and obvious for anything other than a healthy sticky baby. thumb.gif
I am so happy for you and hope this will help you feel better about it all.  What else happened at your appt?  What's next? 

harmony - hopefully that OK feeling lasts a while for you!

AFM:  We told my SIL last night about the baby.  DH's mom never called back so we decided to send a message to the parents by telling his sister first.  All her life she's been known to be a great broadcaster... especially if what you tell her is a "secret."  I flat out told her that her mom just plain doesn't call DH back.  I think she (the SIL) called the mom after we got off the phone bc an hour later DH got a call from his mom who left a message saying she's sorry she doesn't call often enough.  Uh huh.  Yeah.  irked.gif
Anyhow, the SIL is a labor and delivery nurse (13 years now) and immediately offered to fly out to be here.  I accepted immediately... never expected such a generous offer.  I really like her and am very excited that I'll have someone around who knows the ropes - plus she's SO FREAKING EXCITED! 

So glad someone was responsive and excited for you. Do you live far from the in-laws? Sounds like a good SIL!!!

I've told a few ppl but there is not much hiding this belly anymore. 2nd/3rd pregnancy plus being chubby to begin with means it is just sticking out there for all to see. Best part is I don't think ppl would want to ask bc it really isn't appropriately obvious. I'm just gonna leave ppl guessing. Lol

#243 of 1252 Old 03-26-2014, 08:11 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)

edubluv - yeah, we're far from everybody.  The inlaws and SIL fam all live in Los Angeles and my bro/SIL are up along the Canadian border.  I am still thrilled that DH's sister offered to come... it will make it so I don't have to feel on top of things (or have to hire someone to do so).  DH is really excited too - that way he'll have support as well!

My house looks like a total train wreck.  We're working on the baby room so all the stuff that's normally in there (not much admittedly) has been displaced and it's causing a kind of infectious chaos all over the house.  More stuff is out of place than not, or so it seems.  Plus we have deliveries coming every day with baby gear (lately crib bedding which I'm mostly disliking). 

In the room we have painted the primer but now DH has to paint the ceiling before we can move forward (he touched up a few spots with non-ceiling paint and it's very obvious).  Then I've got to pick the color... still up in the air on that.

We are redoing the closet bc the house came with sliding panel doors.  I hate only being able to see one side of a closet at a time.  However, as luck would have it, the closet is an unconventional size so DH is gonna have to get his skills on to rig some doors on it.  We're gonna do two regular doors, hinged on the sides, with a ball catch in the center to just pull 'em open.  I'll like that a lot better.  We're also going to build in some shelving.  I have a feeling that closet will be my nemesis by the time it's over with! 

Here's kindof a go-by for the interior of the closet:

Can you believe this pic with the 4 same colored-shirts?  Puhhhlease! 

Anyway, we'd likely do only one column of drawer/shelving in the center and skip the baskets on the bottom in favor of more shelving or another drawer or two.  It will be interesting to see where fantasy and reality intersect on this one! 

#244 of 1252 Old 03-27-2014, 11:47 AM

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Hi ladies, mind if I join?

SAHM (32)  Married to a bearded hunk (28) , DS  11/00, DD  06/09, two  in 2013,the final piece to our puzzle   is due 12/14
#245 of 1252 Old 03-27-2014, 01:03 PM - Thread Starter

dmariev - come on in, and congrats!  What is your due date?  Is your DDC up and running? 

My due date is August 25th so I'm 18 weeks already!

#246 of 1252 Old 03-27-2014, 01:49 PM

Quote:

edubluv - yeah, we're far from everybody.  The inlaws and SIL fam all live in Los Angeles and my bro/SIL are up along the Canadian border.  I am still thrilled that DH's sister offered to come... it will make it so I don't have to feel on top of things (or have to hire someone to do so).  DH is really excited too - that way he'll have support as well!

My house looks like a total train wreck.  We're working on the baby room so all the stuff that's normally in there (not much admittedly) has been displaced and it's causing a kind of infectious chaos all over the house.  More stuff is out of place than not, or so it seems.  Plus we have deliveries coming every day with baby gear (lately crib bedding which I'm mostly disliking). 

In the room we have painted the primer but now DH has to paint the ceiling before we can move forward (he touched up a few spots with non-ceiling paint and it's very obvious).  Then I've got to pick the color... still up in the air on that.
We are redoing the closet bc the house came with sliding panel doors.  I hate only being able to see one side of a closet at a time.  However, as luck would have it, the closet is an unconventional size so DH is gonna have to get his skills on to rig some doors on it.  We're gonna do two regular doors, hinged on the sides, with a ball catch in the center to just pull 'em open.  I'll like that a lot better.  We're also going to build in some shelving.  I have a feeling that closet will be my nemesis by the time it's over with! 
Here's kindof a go-by for the interior of the closet:

Can you believe this pic with the 4 same colored-shirts?  Puhhhlease! 
Anyway, we'd likely do only one column of drawer/shelving in the center and skip the baskets on the bottom in favor of more shelving or another drawer or two.  It will be interesting to see where fantasy and reality intersect on this one! 

Jealous of your projects. We don't do things like this bc we never finish. We are renting a house from my parents. Really considering buying a house before baby but we need to start looking now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmariev View Post

Hi ladies, mind if I join?

Hey you!!! Been lurking on the TTC group but not saying anything! Congrats!!! Glad to have you here!!!

Quote:

dmariev - come on in, and congrats!  What is your due date?  Is your DDC up and running? 

Your EDD is the same as my BFF! Which happens to be her sons bday. He'll be two on her due date!!! Lol. Good day to have a baby apparently!

#247 of 1252 Old 03-27-2014, 04:41 PM

Quote:

Thank you! 18weeks is so soon! I know it doesn't always feel that way though!!
My EDD is somewhere between Nov 29 and Dec 9. Had a whacky cycle lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by edubluv View Post

Hey you!!! Been lurking on the TTC group but not saying anything! Congrats!!! Glad to have you here!!!

Thank you!! I just hope baby sticks!

I'm glad to have found this thread! My DDC feels so alien to me :rotflmao

SAHM (32)  Married to a bearded hunk (28) , DS  11/00, DD  06/09, two  in 2013,the final piece to our puzzle   is due 12/14
#248 of 1252 Old 03-27-2014, 06:02 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:

My DDC feels so alien to me :rotflmao

dmariev - Mine did too.  Even though my EDD is in August, I ended up in the September DDC.  It was just a much better fit for me.  You should check 'em both out and see which feels more like it could be home. 

#249 of 1252 Old 03-27-2014, 06:29 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Jealous of your projects. We don't do things like this bc we never finish. We are renting a house from my parents. Really considering buying a house before baby but we need to start looking now!

Your EDD is the same as my BFF! Which happens to be her sons bday. He'll be two on her due date!!! Lol. Good day to have a baby apparently!

edubluv - I know well about things going unfinished.  I worry about that too bc we sometimes fall into that trap.  However, we can always have a contractor finish if we get too deep or screw stuff up.  We think of it as our safety net!  Renting a house is a whole 'nother ballpark though.  We leased a house for a while and didn't do a single thing in there.  There's just no reason to! 

btw the first house we bought was a former crack house.  Literally.  It was a foreclosure that had been trashed by druggies.  It was all we could get approved for in CA (Los Angeles area) bc DH's income was about 50% commission.  Since he had only been working a few years, the mtg companies wouldn't count the commission, only the salary.  That was fun... not.

Anyway, we gutted it and did a ton of work on it.  We did what we could and figured no matter what it wasn't going to get any worse!  There was a lot of learning involved but we made big strides.  Then we had a contractor come in and do all the stuff we couldn't.  It worked well for us.  Good thing we were young - we'd be too old for that now!

#250 of 1252 Old 03-28-2014, 10:04 AM

Good morning ladIes. I posted this in the One thread as well, but I need all the eyes I can get.
Going by my lmp I'm 4w6d, if I O'd late like I think I did, I'm 4w3d. I took an frer and a dollar tree cheapie this morning. Shouldn't these lines be darker by now?

#251 of 1252 Old 03-28-2014, 10:20 AM - Thread Starter

dmariev - I hate to say it but yeah, I would expect that they'd be darker.  I looked back on the TTC thread to your progression and it appears the dollar tree test is lighter now.  I want to be hopeful but the signs don't look so good.  I'm sorry!  Let's hope I'm totally wrong though, OK?  I've got pg brain and can't be trusted!!

Curiously, how do you feel about the pg?  Do you feel like everything is OK or is there a reason you are testing... like a nagging suspicion or something? 

#252 of 1252 Old 03-28-2014, 10:41 AM

Quote:

dmariev - I hate to say it but yeah, I would expect that they'd be darker.  I looked back on the TTC thread to your progression and it appears the dollar tree test is lighter now.  I want to be hopeful but the signs don't look so good.  I'm sorry!  Let's hope I'm totally wrong though, OK?  I've got pg brain and can't be trusted!!
Curiously, how do you feel about the pg?  Do you feel like everything is OK or is there a reason you are testing... like a nagging suspicion or something? 

No need to apologize, I appreciate your honesty. That picture was taken at about 5 minutes. I looked at them again at 10 minutes, and they looked darker. Should I post the 10min pic?
No nagging suspicion, just my anxiety going crazy.

#253 of 1252 Old 03-28-2014, 10:54 AM - Thread Starter

I think the telling thing will be letting them dry and comparing to the others in your progression.  I looked up "dollar tree hpt progression" images on google and they seem to have a very clear pattern for getting darker. 

By all means, we'll always take more pics (the 10 mins version).  I'm all about the evidence and comparisons. 

#254 of 1252 Old 03-28-2014, 11:03 AM

#255 of 1252 Old 03-28-2014, 11:08 AM

Mentioned: 100 Post(s)
Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Dmariev, that looks MUCH better.

Kyle and Jordan - Married June 22nd, 2013

TTC #1 since October 2013.

My chart -

One loss - March 2014 (5 weeks)

BFP on June 13, 2014 - EDD 2/25/2014
First Beta at 12DPO-186. 15DPO-598!

#256 of 1252 Old 03-28-2014, 11:34 AM - Thread Starter

dmariev - Uh yeah, that IS a huge difference.  Those look just fine!  Yay!

No more checking at 5 mins.  nono.gif

#257 of 1252 Old 03-28-2014, 12:14 PM

The second batch is beautiful!

#258 of 1252 Old 03-28-2014, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alivewithyou View Post

Dmariev, that looks MUCH better.

Quote:

dmariev - Uh yeah, that IS a huge difference.  Those look just fine!  Yay!

No more checking at 5 mins.  nono.gif

Quote:

The second batch is beautiful!

Ok, so looking at them later is ok? You'd think I'd know all this by now!
Thank you ladies for looking! Sometimes I feel like a jerk posting on the One thread. I would love to just get over the anxiety and enjoy this, but it isn't that easy, ya know?

DH is now saying he doesn't want me to poas anymore. He said he thinks it feeds my anxiety. :eyesroll

#259 of 1252 Old 03-28-2014, 09:17 PM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Quote:

nono.gif

A long time ago, I saw someone post that that smiley looks like a different finger than the "no, no" finger. And now I can't see anything except the former, lol.

Quote:

Ok, so looking at them later is ok? You'd think I'd know all this by now!

Thank you ladies for looking! Sometimes I feel like a jerk posting on the One thread. I would love to just get over the anxiety and enjoy this, but it isn't that easy, ya know?

DH is now saying he doesn't want me to poas anymore. He said he thinks it feeds my anxiety. eyesroll.gif

Your DH is a smart man. smile.gif Step away from the sticks, slowly. Now, get your DH to hide them somewhere you'll never look for them. The five-minute thing is mostly so that people don't check an early test hours and hours later, see a faint line (which could easily be an evap at that point), and think it's positive. I almost always let my tests develop 8-10 minutes, especially if I'm testing early, to give the dye a chance to fully leave the test window so I can clearly see if there's a line against the fully white background or not.

Andrea , child of God, wife of Tim , mama of L, B, J, J

I'm a Younique Presenter. Come check it out!!
Want to get paid daily and start earning as soon as 24 hours after sign up? Join my team!
#260 of 1252 Old 03-29-2014, 07:03 AM

Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Lurking to say that I wasn't overly encouraged with your test yesterday dmariev. BUT this new picture looks GREAT! Whew!

Me , 38 years old; DH , 39 years old
DD - 11 , DD - 9 (both from previous marriage), and me and DH have DS - 4 .
07/04, 02/13, 10/13, 02/14,
05/14
#261 of 1252 Old 03-31-2014, 01:17 PM - Thread Starter

edubluv - how are you feeling?  Things getting any better?

dmariev - have you stopped POAS?  For real?

AFM:  My big u/s (aka the anatomy scan) is scheduled for Thursday.  At my last u/s around 11-12 weeks, I was measuring 3 days ahead.  I'm curious if that trend has continued - and really what that might mean. 

We got baby's room painted this weekend.  It's a cutesy purple color that leans toward pink (vs blue).  Next is bead board and molding. 

-- I just re-read this last line and when I say "we" I really mean DH, with me as the supportive spectator.  It's like the one-man remodel show around here!  :wink

#262 of 1252 Old 04-01-2014, 03:41 PM

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Quoted: 58 Post(s)

Hi ladies!  I just noticed this thread existed. It's nice to have "graduated" away from trying, haha.  8 days till the first US over here!

Sarah & DH Alan 

Our angel in heaven, DS Connor 10/2/09 to 10/5/09  
2 pups, 8 cats  and always rescuing more!  RIP Momma Furby </3
Baby #2, a GIRL!, due Nov 29th, 2014  

#263 of 1252 Old 04-01-2014, 03:51 PM - Thread Starter

badwolf - Welcome!  I was wondering when you were going to show up.  Congratulations!  When is your due date?

badwolf092087 likes this.
#264 of 1252 Old 04-01-2014, 05:30 PM

Quote:

badwolf - Welcome!  I was wondering when you were going to show up.  Congratulations!  When is your due date?

My calculations say November 29th. We get a more accurate date next week. Our wedding anniversary is November 30th, so I think it would be adorable for him/her to be born then.

Sarah & DH Alan 

#265 of 1252 Old 04-01-2014, 05:44 PM

Quote:

edubluv - how are you feeling?  Things getting any better?

dmariev - have you stopped POAS?  For real?

AFM:  My big u/s (aka the anatomy scan) is scheduled for Thursday.  At my last u/s around 11-12 weeks, I was measuring 3 days ahead.  I'm curious if that trend has continued - and really what that might mean. 
We got baby's room painted this weekend.  It's a cutesy purple color that leans toward pink (vs blue).  Next is bead board and molding. 
-- I just re-read this last line and when I say "we" I really mean DH, with me as the supportive spectator.  It's like the one-man remodel show around here!  winky.gif

Still feel like crap! Starving All. The. Time. Hope to sleep one of these days but that's unlikely too. Looking forward to coming out of this funk hopefully in the next few weeks! Work is getting busy and I am overwhelmed. Can't wait until summer break! Like 11 weeks!

Not sure about the measuring. Never had an u/s with my first. They just mannually measured me and I was always spot on.

Yay for painting baby's room! Go getter!!! Like I've said before, we don't do projects! My sons "room" is white and he sleeps with us anyway! Lol! Maybe if we move someday I will be more willing to paint and decorate!

Speaking of which, we just started looking for houses! Hopefully we will find something before baby comes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by badwolf092087 View Post

Hi ladies!  I just noticed this thread existed. It's nice to have "graduated" away from trying, haha.  8 days till the first US over here!

So excited for you!!! I have been lurking all month on the TTC thread and I was silently cheering for you!

Quote:

My calculations say November 29th. We get a more accurate date next week. Our wedding anniversary is November 30th, so I think it would be adorable for him/her to be born then.

My son was born 11-20-11! Yay November babies! Although yours could really easy push into December!

#266 of 1252 Old 04-01-2014, 07:42 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:

badwolf - So you, harmony and dmariev are all super close.  Nice!  Are you still POAS to see progression or are you a normal person who gets the BFP and moves on? 

edubluv - Yay for starting the search for a house!  My funk let up around 14 weeks, and luckily it's stayed away (mostly).  Even this past weekend though - completely exhausted, boobs hurt like crazy, and food aversions.  It only lasted for about 4-5 days but still, I was like NOOOOOOOOO!

btw 11 weeks till summer break sounds crazy when it's been so cold and we don't even have spring blooms, much less leaves on the trees.  What an odd year!

#267 of 1252 Old 04-01-2014, 09:29 PM

Quote:

badwolf - So you, harmony and dmariev are all super close.  Nice!  Are you still POAS to see progression or are you a normal person who gets the BFP and moves on? 

edubluv - Yay for starting the search for a house!  My funk let up around 14 weeks, and luckily it's stayed away (mostly).  Even this past weekend though - completely exhausted, boobs hurt like crazy, and food aversions.  It only lasted for about 4-5 days but still, I was like NOOOOOOOOO!
btw 11 weeks till summer break sounds crazy when it's been so cold and we don't even have spring blooms, much less leaves on the trees.  What an odd year!

Need to get feeling better bc I need to exercise!!!
In Oregon we only have two seasons: Rain season which lasts Oct-June and then the season where we complain it's too hot and dry and that we need rain. Ha!

#268 of 1252 Old 04-01-2014, 09:31 PM

Still here, no poas since last post, crazy weekend, including a trip to the ER early Monday morning. I'm ok, baby is still here, will have a better idea tomorrow after appointment at 4:45.

Will catch up with personals soon!

#269 of 1252 Old 04-02-2014, 03:38 AM

It's actually really nice to be so close in due date to the other ladies here. We will kind of all "be on the same page" so it helps me mentally.

I only POAS twice. The 21st and 24th. Both were instant and dark positives. If I tried buying more, DH would've cut off my debit card lol. The boobs are in pain and growing, I'm constantly hungry, napping during the day, have heartburn a lot, and constantly peeing. So I've had no reason to worry. My problem is my tummy is expanding super early and we had to get me new pants already. So I got some with the belly band to stretch as I do. The joke is there's two in there instead of one, and THAT is what's bothering me. I'm 5'3" and having one is hard enough lol.

Sarah & DH Alan 

#270 of 1252 Old 04-04-2014, 12:07 PM - Thread Starter

Looks like we might have another joining us soon.  Girlspn just got a BFP.  It's nice to see we're on a roll lately - especially after the drought at the end of last year!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List
jenjy

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page