Mothering Forum banner

Grad Club: Where the group discussion continues after the ONE thread!

54K views 1K replies 21 participants last post by  apeydef 
#1 ·
I'm creating this thread as a place for my former TTC ONE buddies to touch base outside of everyone's respective DDCs. We've got a lot of shared history so let's keep in touch!

#6 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenjy View Post

Brilliant!
Well, you know.... (as I nonchalantly flip my hair back) :D

I sure hope you get to join us here soon! btw - you're always welcome here regardless of status. I just got to the point on the TTC thread where I felt like I was the old person hanging out at the young people's party. Time to go.
:wink

#7 ·
Hey this is great!!!
Waiting on prog blood draw rests from yesterday. I did it at my naturopath's office so it might take a while.

Of course not trying to freak about MC'ing! Would really like to get a ultrasound for peace of mind but I am currently torn between three places that I want to receive care.

Every twitch and pinch I worry.

#8 ·
Helllllooooo friends!! My DDC is lacking compared to the friends I made on THE ONE thread. I don't feel I have much in common with them and I just miss my "close friends".

So I go to the lab in another hour and a half for second set of betas (first set was only 51). I'm so nervous. Trying not to be, as stress won't help, but I can't help it. It doesn't help that I don't get symptoms when pregnant. Although I have had headaches every day for about a week. Hoping those are ramped up hormones doing their magic.

jenjy: I hope you can join us soon too! Hell, I hope I can stay at this point :/

Reactions: delightedbutterfly
#10 ·
edubluv - do you have any indication to worry (aside from prev mc)? I don't remember seeing that you did.

rosie - did you work it out with your boss? Just think - by this time tomorrow you'll have your results and be able to kick back and drink a virgin strawberry margarita.

kateaton - hey lady! I'm glad you joined.

AFM - I have been up to nothing all day. I did 15 mins of low impact aerobics and a prenatal yoga video (scratch that... I did HALF of a prenatal yoga video) that I found on youtube. I used to be good at yoga, but wow not so much anymore. Being 40 and sedentary for the past 9 weeks has really made my body feel old! I am going to get my hair done now and that's going to be just fantastic. Some highlights and ridding of the split ends will do me a world of good!

btw this all feels a bit like coming out of hibernation... my muscles are stiff, joints are achy, my hair looks like sh**, and I'm freaking starving!

#12 ·
I'm not feeling hopeful. I just came across this study online that showed hcg at 16 dpo of 50...mine was at 15 dpo, but still....it shows 75% miscarriage rate....and it's higher for women over 30
greensad.gif

#14 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by innacircle View Post

rosie - you must have the most pessimistic search engine! Let's assume your embryo is a champ until proven otherwise. What time do you think results will be in tomorrow?
First results came in at 9:30am. I had that one drawn at 5:00 (barely made it to the lab before they closed). Today's was at 4:30. I've been having a lot of headaches and today it's hurt ALL day and a bit more pronounced. So I'm taking that as a good sign. And I've been quite emotional. Got my feelers hurt at work today by a couple of friends and I literally cried when I got home. I don't usually cry over co workers! Lol! I soooooo hope this means my hormones have ramped up today.

#15 ·
From American Preg Association

Guideline to hCG levels during pregnancy:

hCG levels in weeks from LMP (gestational age)* :

• 3 weeks LMP: 5 - 50 mIU/ml
  • 4 weeks LMP: 5 - 426 mIU/ml
  • 5 weeks LMP: 18 - 7,340 mIU/ml
  • 6 weeks LMP: 1,080 - 56,500 mIU/ml
  • 7 - 8 weeks LMP: 7, 650 - 229,000 mIU/ml
  • 9 - 12 weeks LMP: 25,700 - 288,000 mIU/ml
  • 13 - 16 weeks LMP: 13,300 - 254,000 mIU/ml
  • 17 - 24 weeks LMP: 4,060 - 165,400 mIU/ml
  • 25 - 40 weeks LMP: 3,640 - 117,000 mIU/ml
  • Non-pregnant females: <5.0 mIU/ml
  • Postmenopausal females: <9.5 mIU/ml

ETA: I found several accounts of having a # like yours being not only viable but successful. Debby Downer be gone!

#16 ·
Beta Scores for Successful* Single Pregnancies

Days Past Ovulation
(What is this?)
Median HCG LevelLowest HCG Level ReportedHighest HCG Level ReportedNumber of women reporting a number for this day

* Pregnancies are deemed successful if a heartbeat is detected.

I found this on Betabase.com - you can click on your dpo and it will show a distribution for various ranges of hcg #s.

#18 ·
edub: idk what to think of that number. I think it's a decent one. Idk what doctors like it to be tho. Sorry I'm not much help.

AFM: going crazy! Idk if it's the suppositories or not, but I think I maybe have a bit if pink discharge
greensad.gif
it's so hard to tell bc those things melt and cause a huge globby mess anyway. But last night and today I've been thinking it has a slight pinkish hue. If that's the case I have zero hope.

#19 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by edubluv View Post

My progesterone is at 17.4. Not sure what that means. Maybe you all have a guess? Didn't ask about hcg. Hopefully my doc will call and talk to me about it in the next few days.
edubluv - For the progesterone reference ranges I've seen, I think for early pregnancy anything over 11 is considered normal.

I looked it up on the APA website and this is a little blurb:

Progesterone levels also can have quite a variance at this stage of pregnancy. They can range from 9-47ng/ml in the first trimester, with an average of 12-20ng/ml in the first 5-6 weeks of pregnancy.

rosie - you're prob irritating your cervix putting those suppositories in... it's very common. Many ppl report a faint pink discharge while using them.

I'm very anxious (in a good way) for your results today. My gut tells me that things are going to work out for you - so fingers crossed for good numbers!

#20 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by edubluv View Post

My progesterone is at 17.4. Not sure what that means. Maybe you all have a guess? Didn't ask about hcg. Hopefully my doc will call and talk to me about it in the next few days.
I agree you are in the normal range. I know I would be happy with a 17.4 at that stage in pregnancy. I think depending on the doc though, they might suggest supplementation to get it above 20?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosie2727 View Post

AFM: going crazy! Idk if it's the suppositories or not, but I think I maybe have a bit if pink discharge
greensad.gif
it's so hard to tell bc those things melt and cause a huge globby mess anyway. But last night and today I've been thinking it has a slight pinkish hue. If that's the case I have zero hope.
Hang on to the hope, rosie!! I really hope this is just cervix irritation and it'll pass. I've heard of that happening a LOT.

#21 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenjy View Post

I agree you are in the normal range. I know I would be happy with a 17.4 at that stage in pregnancy. I think depending on the doc though, they might suggest supplementation to get it above 20?

Hang on to the hope, rosie!! I really hope this is just cervix irritation and it'll pass. I've heard of that happening a LOT.
Thanks. I'm so effing nervous. I wish they'd call me back already. I called and they have the results. They're just waiting on the dr to review them before they'll give them to me - which is beyond frustrating.

I dreamed last night it was something like 1686. I was so happy. Even if it doubles tho, I'm sure it will still be <200...

#22 ·
Quote:
I called and they have the results. They're just waiting on the dr to review them before they'll give them to me -
I think I'd blow a gasket. That is absolutely ridiculous. I would chat with your doc next time about making a note in your file to release lab results regardless of review status. After all, you CAN get the answer directly from the lab nowadays.

Time for these doc offices to stop with the tight reigns already.

#23 ·
They HAVE the results and wouldn't tell them to you?!?! No kidding, beyond frustrating. It's just a NUMBER you need, not an friggin' interpretation. ARGH!!!

#24 ·
Yes, I'm certain the knots in my stomach that are forming as I wait are really helpful. This is some bullshit if you all don't mind me saying.

#25 ·
Quote:

Yes, I'm certain the knots in my stomach that are forming as I wait are really helpful. This is some bullshit if you all don't mind me saying.
You're calling a spade a spade - nothing wrong with that.

Aside from the hcg, are they also monitoring progesterone since you're taking it supplementally? I'm not familiar with what's normal/protocol in that situation.

#26 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by innacircle View Post

You're calling a spade a spade - nothing wrong with that.
Aside from the hcg, are they also monitoring progesterone since you're taking it supplementally? I'm not familiar with what's normal/protocol in that situation.
It seems like my dr always tests prog and hcg when I get prego. Not sure if that's cause my history or if she does this with everyone.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.