Low Estrogen In Early Pregnancy - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 02-19-2014, 03:22 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I just found out that I am pregnant.

Since I'm under the care of a Fertility Doctor (although we got pregnant naturally before any treatment), I had a blood test today. The nurse called and advised that my estrogen is low and that I would need to take supplements, then return in 2 days for another blood test.

Has anyone had experience with low estrogen during a pregnancy? I'm petrified b/c my last p/g 6 months ago resulted in a miscarriage. I'm terrified this will happen to me again.

40 y/o married Mama, 3 y/o DS, Angel Baby lost in Sep 2013, Angel Baby lost March 2014.
#2 of 2 Old 02-20-2014, 09:46 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

My RE also told me my estrodiol was low in early pregnancy. He gave me supplements, and when I went to the prescription, I was told by the pharmacy that I should not take it during pregnancy because it could cause birth defects. I was freaked out! I talked to the nurse, and she said that actually the amount that would cause problems would be much greater than what I was given. I took one pill, and then decided to stop! At my next draw my estrodiol was fine. I figured I was in charge of what was going into my body and did not want to risk it. I did take progesterone supplements, though, which are definitely not harmful in pregnancy.

From what I understand, the issue with estradiol being low in the reproductive cycle is that you can ovulate too early before the egg is sufficiently mature, which can lead to miscarriage. But I am not sure what it does in early pregnancy. Definitely talk to your doctor about it if you have any concerns!

Mama to angel1.gif angel1.gif angel1.gif angel1.gifangel1.gif

DS1 (6) jog.gif , DS2 (3)sleepytime.gifbaby.gif DD is here!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page