Severely Irritable Uterus - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 
 6Likes

#61 of 94 Old 05-10-2014, 01:00 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Called the GP Helpline and they said i should go to the ER (A&E) at the Hospital straight away, cos she's concerned about the headaches and white spots, fainting, more intense contractions etc since all this only started happening really since i stopped my Nifedipine O.o didn't think of that until she pointed it out. So i heeded her advice, but the staff at the hospital i knew would brush me off...

Ah...hahahha..ha.. *sarcastic laugh* What did I tell you... Got brushed off...

Called Maternity and asked for my midwife, but she's not there tonight.. So spoke to another midwife. Told her my first name and instantly she goes "Ah yes." in that sighing, HER again.. type way. Told her about the spots and headaches and fainting in the bath, didn't get to say much more and she told me "Ah yeah you just need to take it easy. Get your hubby to help out. Just take it easy and if you're worried just see your GP on a weekday. Anymore questions?" well obviously i paused and then said no.. So she said "Ok then. Bye!"

..... I am calm... I am calm... *controls my anger* Me? Annoyed? Why should i get annoyed when one person takes me seriously and another doesn't care at all..?
#62 of 94 Old 05-10-2014, 07:13 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

:angry That is annoying to say the least. They need to take you seriously. They need to protect BOTH you and the baby and take every concern seriously. Fainting is NEVER okay. It could be a fluke but how would they know that without checking it out?

Grrrr

Me sleepytime.gif DH violin.gifand the kiddos run.gif   Follower of Jesus heartbeat.gif
#63 of 94 Old 05-10-2014, 04:27 PM - Thread Starter

Exactly! I couldn't care less about my own health but there's a baby involved here! So his health relies on mine at the moment! Ugh! And I've NEVER ever fainted before...ever. I am not a 'fainter', so it's very concerning to me.. If i get those headaches and spots again today (just woke up, did have blurry vision last night too but that's the least of my concerns) then I'm going to try and get in contact with MY midwife. Don't think I'm going to have the best Mothers Day today.
#64 of 94 Old 05-11-2014, 02:58 AM - Thread Starter

Had it all again today only more frequently: headaches, spots (though only 5 spots or so at once instead of heaps and heaps) etc. and blurred vision, and it's been so hard to do ANYTHING today without feeling like I'm about to faint or collapse. And tonight now whenever I get the headaches I feel incredibly sick and hot.

Called maternity again (because a nurse i spoke to beforehand, was extremely concerned and very annoyed that i got shrugged off yesterday) and what do you know, I got the same midwife.. of course.. got shrugged off again once she knew it was me, was told panadol and panadiene and take it easy and just see my Dr tomorrow if I'm still worried. -_- Well if I have to wait til tomorrow I'll just wait 2 more days til my appointment on Wednesday... I'm so sick of this. *resists the urge to slap my stupid body*
#65 of 94 Old 05-13-2014, 02:36 AM - Thread Starter

I went to the ER last night, couldn't handle it anymore cos I was getting (sorry if TMI) literally waterlike poop every 10-20 minutes, and was vomiting everything back up even when there was nothing left to bring up (couldn't even keep down a few drops of water). Tried to take panadiene and nifedipine (but brought that back up too) cos all that vomiting was causing bad contractions which in turn made me vomit more.. Then baby would kick my stomach :S

They gave me a shot of (maxelon?) for the nausea and vomiting, but they didn't put me on iv fluids because apparently i wasn't 'dry enough' cos i had saliva on my tongue still... Baby is fine and happy and my blood pressure was in the 120's, which is a TAD high for me, but they weren't concerned.. Told me i had Gastro and then got sent home. One midwife wanted to put me on iv fluids and keep there for today to monitor me after i had a big fit of uncontrollable shaking, but the older midwife downplayed everything to my Dr over the phone so of course he said it was ok to send me home. sleep

My husband and I have been up most of the am vomiting and in extreme pain (he gas colitis and gastro now, and ive got my own set of issues.. So both of us were in pretty bad shape). I've finally managed to eat some crackers, half a mandarin, an icy pole and FINALLY a full few cups of water! Water never tasted so good!

So yeah, hubby said to see how i am later tonight and if i start vomiting again we are going to demand i be put on iv fluids in the hospital. So yeah.. We'll see how we go. I think I'll be alright... Luckily our kids are ok.

And had another "Oh no my waters just broke!" alarm, of course haven't leaked a drop since so i assume i...i..i peed myself! :S
#66 of 94 Old 05-13-2014, 10:30 PM - Thread Starter

So my urine has been red since last night.. Red, not orange. So I'm thinking it's probably blood, but then can gastro cause red urine and it NOT be blood?

And the back pain is getting worse. No more vomiting or diarrhea, and i can drink water now (in small amounts) and i can eat just about anything now.

And i smell 'down there'.. I'm not really concerned it's just disgusting me..
#67 of 94 Old 05-14-2014, 02:34 AM

I`m so sorry that things are going this bad. :Hug I can`t imagine blood in urine being a good thing. I can imagine it`s an awful thing to be treated so lightly at the hospital. Hang in there and keep going there are needed--THAT IS WHY THEY ARE THERE FOR!

I live in Japan and here we drink sports drink (not so sugary kind) for dehydration. Works better than regular water.

Me sleepytime.gif DH violin.gifand the kiddos run.gif   Follower of Jesus heartbeat.gif
#68 of 94 Old 05-14-2014, 04:34 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks Katica. oops.gif My husband and i have always wanted to live in Japan! We are Japan-nuts so to speak lol. Anime, Japanese songs and music, some of the fashion, hair styles.. Landscapes... Houses...you name it lol. Ah yeah I've been drinking Gatorade a lot today (hubbys sports electrolyte drink.. I stole some :P ). Seems to be working pretty well.

I went to the ER (A&E) and they tested my urine, sure enough it had blood in it. So that's been sent off for testing and i have to go see my Dr tomorrow. They think i have a kidney infection, partly because when they pressed on my back where each kidney is located i got a LOT of pain, very tender especially on the right side, so we'll see tomorrow I guess. Was told to drink as much fluids as possible until then.
#69 of 94 Old 05-15-2014, 12:28 AM - Thread Starter

Well just saw my Dr, urine results don't come back til tomorrow. I have apparently lost almost 3 kg within the past week and a half.. But I've been eating the house down and baby is growing (big boy), so it doesn't make sense... He is quite concerned though i don't know why? Told him about my fall etc just so he knows and hes ok since baby is clearly very happy and ok. DH thinks its ludicrous and doesn't believe I've lost weight.

Blood pressure is back to normal: 100/60 (thats when on nifedipine though), and haven't had any headaches or seeing spots today! Yay! Makes me want to keep taking the nifedipine, but I HAVE to stop taking it next Wednesday when I hit 37 weeks.
#70 of 94 Old 05-15-2014, 08:02 PM - Thread Starter

Nooo! The nausea and diarrhea is back! I thought I was getting over it..apparently not
#71 of 94 Old 05-15-2014, 11:38 PM

Oh honey. This is just maddening! Is there another dr you can transfer care to?

Mama to DD luxlove.gif born June 2008 and Wife to my dear Magyar foreign exchange husband. Expecting again in September!joy.gif 
#72 of 94 Old 05-15-2014, 11:59 PM - Thread Starter

Tell me about it! There is but I'm not going to risk it.. My current Dr is one of the best here in my town...

Ok. Test results can back fine, but the red urine etc is still happening and i passed a very small blood clot this morning, so my Dr is going to call me within the next hour... And the headache with spots is back today >.< IT NEVER ENDS!
#73 of 94 Old 05-16-2014, 08:38 PM

There has got to be an explanation!! Hopefully, you will find the answers soon so the rest of your pregnancy would be enjoyable. :heartbeat

BTW: Do come to Japan when you have the chance, it is a wonderful country with an intriguing culture. My DH is Japanese I`m not. I`m actually a Hungarian expat living in Japan.

#74 of 94 Old 05-20-2014, 05:48 PM - Thread Starter

Dr never called me back... But i had one more clot the day after and it HURT! But all the blood stopped after that.. So maybe it was a very small kidney stone? Well I'm pretty relaxed now that I'm 37 weeks, means no more meds, and no having to fly to a different hospital to have bubs.

37 weeks today so no more Nifedipine! Got my check up in an hour so hopefully the midwife will do a cervical examination and my cervix will be changing. Had the big nesting instinct yesterday and lots of odd nausea since yesterday, so I'm hoping that means something!

Thinking about getting some pineapple and RR leaf tablets...

Ooooh totally! Though i think I'd go paranoid leaving all my beloved parrots behind for someone else to care for them for a while. Everytime thats happened one if not 2 of my favourites has died. :S so I'm pretty paranoid about leaving my birds now. BUT one day i shall go to Japan!
#75 of 94 Old 05-24-2014, 03:56 AM - Thread Starter

I'm over it... I've broken down crying my eyes out multiple times today.. I don't want to be pregnant anymore...not just because of all the pain and discomfort, but because of being treated like crap by majority of the midwives... I'm starting to regret deciding to have baby here, in the long run it would've been less stressful to just have him in Adelaide...

#76 of 94 Old 05-28-2014, 09:39 PM - Thread Starter

Had a dream this morning that God told my husband that our baby was going to come out today/tonight, but for some reason I could hear God too. 

I thought maybe it was just wishful thinking, but at the same time I believe it.

about 2 hours ago my discharge suddenly increased and became watery. Since then I've been getting a bad low backache that is pretty much constant, but has really strong 'waves' and contractions that occur around the same time as each backache wave. I could swear babys head is lower because of all the pressure. It actually hurts to walk now. I took a Panadiene and that finally kicked in half an hour ago.. but I can still feel all the backache pains.

And last night i also cleaned pretty much the whole house on a flittering thought of "just in case...". I really do feel like this is it so I'm hoping that tonight or tomorrow morning I'll have some good news to share!

#77 of 94 Old 05-28-2014, 10:56 PM

How awesome it would be if your baby was born tonight!! Please, do let us know!!

Either way you are very close now. How exciting!!:thumb

kinny likes this.

#78 of 94 Old 05-29-2014, 04:41 AM - Thread Starter

Very close! Would've been nice... But I think I'm going to cry myself to sleep tonight... Things started to slow down, then not long after started up even stronger, but within 10 minutes it slowed down again. That was an hour ago...

I feel like I've just gone through full-blown labour, breathing through contractions every 2 minutes... but it didn't end in having the baby. Just....nothing.... :'( to think I have to go through all that again and I won't even know if it's true labour... 

That's 9 hours of full on 'labour' pains that turned out to be FAKE!!! NINE HOURS!

I had mine and our kids bags packed. I was getting ready to get the stuff into the car and go when it all slowed down... *wants to burst into tears*

#79 of 94 Old 05-29-2014, 05:08 AM

Sorry to just jump in here but I wantedto try and be positive for/with you. Although the labor started and stopped it still gets you closer to baby. I am sure all those contractions changed the cervix somewhat and you may be surprised to find the actual birth very fast and short if your body is working slowly over the course of a few days.

Regardless, I hope you are feeling better with all the headaches, spots and bleeding and that you are blessed very soon with a beautiful birth and healthy baby to help you forget abt all the hard days.

Congrats!
kinny likes this.

ME lady.gif + DH tiphat.gif = heartbeat.gif Parents to DD1 (12) photosmile2.gif   DD2 (9) blahblah.gif  DS1 (7) angel2.gif  DS2 (6) & DS3 (4) fencing.gif

DS4(1) jog.gif Expecting DD3 (7-14) stork-girl.gif 

#80 of 94 Old 05-29-2014, 10:08 PM - Thread Starter

Oh i hope it is changing my cervix! Headaches, spots etc are pretty much nonexistent now. ^^ Thank you. I want to get my cervix checked but no way am I going up to the hospital again unless i need to. *sighs* I'm just tired..
and i want my labour/birth to actually go naturally this time instead of having to be induced again. My cervix was stubborn last time.. It would not budge past 1.5cm.. Even after they broke my waters, cervadil, catheter, pitocin..they had to give me the max amount of pitocin and finally my cervix changed. I just feel like it's being stubborn again.. Baby is ready, body is ready and trying... Im just...ugh.. Yep.
#81 of 94 Old 06-02-2014, 11:06 PM - Thread Starter

Saw my actual midwife today and baby is apparently in the perfect position for birth. Had a 'show' yesterday and contractions have increased in every way (had them almost all day every day over the weekend) pressure has increased of course too, and since yesterday I've had a number of loose bowel movements. Midwife said she can't feel much of his head outside of my pelvis either and since his movements have gone from kicks to pushing downwards since yesterday, she said to expect baby to come in the next 48 hours. She's convinced that baby will be here before the weekend, and i really hope she's correct! I'm just glad my cervix is actually changing!
#82 of 94 Old 06-03-2014, 11:31 PM

Wonderful news!! Hope you have an easy and fast delivery.
kinny likes this.

#83 of 94 Old 06-13-2014, 02:26 PM - Thread Starter

40 + 3 weeks today! Booked in to be induced Tuesday evening ^^

Was having not-very-intense contractions all day yesterday 10 minutes apart, but stayed that way. Got woken up at 5am this morning by very painful period-type pain and took a Panadeine...did nothing.. so I'm sitting here sipping a hot milo at 6:45am getting even worse period-type pain with contractions every 6-8 minutes... the sort where you stop in your tracks to focus on breathing through each one. I'm confident this is the real thing. *refuses to allow doubtful thoughts in* So I'm just gonna sit here and draw and time the contractions until they are 5 mins apart, then I'll be heading to the Hospital. Come on contractions keep going!
#84 of 94 Old 06-14-2014, 04:14 AM

How exciting!! I`m praying it`s the real thing and you get to hold that precious little life soon.
kinny likes this.

#85 of 94 Old 06-14-2014, 04:57 AM - Thread Starter

I can't believe it... He's actually here! Was an interesting labour.. Went into hospital when contractions were about 6 mins apart and my waters started leaking as i walked in the doors. Was talking and sending texts right up until i was 9cm dilated and then started pushing :P I must say, gas as pain relief was amazing! Kinda fun being a tad loopy hehe. And here were NO overlapping contractions so i got breaks right up until he was coming out, was great! He's VERY vocal.. Lol. And here he is with Mummy and Daddy nickname is Chad, can't say his actual name on the net.
Weighed: 8.8 pounds, 1 ounce smaller than his big sister!
https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.n...18864360_o.jpg
#86 of 94 Old 06-14-2014, 05:43 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Congratulations! What a story - I guess after so many months of impending labor the kid was ready to just fall out Happy for you that delivery was such a breeze compared to pregnancy! Enjoy your beautiful family!
kinny likes this.

me, my man, and our boys (1/08 and 3/11)

#87 of 94 Old 06-14-2014, 02:37 PM

Awesome!!! Such a lovely little boy. Congratulations!!! What a beautiful family you have!!
kinny likes this.

#88 of 94 Old 06-18-2014, 12:31 PM - Thread Starter

Hahaha! Awwww thank you everyone!!! *hugs to all* sorry i havent replied properly, been a busy bee.

Got discharged prematurely Tuesday, wasnt coping at home at all, got readmitted to hospital yesterday (Wednesday) due to severe pelvic pain/inability to walk/rock baby/pick baby up/breastfeed etc (without strong pain meds).

Have been moved around most of the day in a wheelchair.. Oh how i love pain relief!!!

Getting properly examined later today, but I'm pretty sure i have Hypermobility Sacroiliac Joint Dysfunction. If i do i may have to go to a rehab centre (physio etc) in Adelaide, because i can't care for Chad without continuous therapy.

Chad's doing well now. At home he was vomiting up all of every feed, screaming in great distress and was so worn out that he wouldn't suck, just let the formula dribble down his throat.. Changed formula and hes doing amazing now! He was distressed cos i was upset and so he's quite Jaundicey now.
#89 of 94 Old 06-20-2014, 06:20 PM - Thread Starter

Well I was right, I have Sacroiliac Joint Dysfunction - Hypermobility. It is 'acute' and 'severe' but it's not severe enough to go to Adelaide *phew* I have to wear the belt every time I stand up/walk, wear the Tubi-grip constantly 24/7, regular Panadeine (every 6 hours for as long as I need to - most likely a month or so) and i just took my last Voltaren (anti-inflammatory). Seeing my Dr again on Monday (with Chad of course) and he'll see how I'm doing.

Will be having visits next week from the Midwife, Physio, Social Worker, someone experienced in the field of Urinary Incontinence and our Home Health Care Nurse. Whenever i lean slightly forward (plus a couple of other positions) i can't control my bladder.. :S

Physio and Dr told me not to do ANY exercises for the next week, just lots of walking whenever I can manage it. I'm only allowed to care for Chad, and of course do little things for myself like shower, snacks etc. Have to use heat-packs and have a hot shower every day..not sure why baths aren't allowed?

Chad is doing REALLY well! He put on 120g in just 2 days. We were discharged from Hospital yesterday and baby is doing well, settling in nicely and sleeping a lot...and pooping a lot! He keeps smiling in his sleep and it's so CUTE! He's not a big fan of the dark though.

This is him yesterday morning:

http://i1194.photobucket.com/albums/...20-06-2014.png
#90 of 94 Old 06-20-2014, 06:53 PM

Sounds like you are dealing with a lot. The baby looks very happy though. And he is gaining so well!!! Hope your health issues resolve quickly and you can enjoy the newborn period without pain.
kinny likes this.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page