Severely Irritable Uterus - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 
 6Likes

#1 of 94 Old 02-28-2014, 04:30 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hey ladies, I am currently 25/2 weeks with #3 and have a severely IU, so irritable that i get intense contractions and pain whenever my bladder begins to fill because it touches my uterus.. Doc put me on Nifedipine 4 days ago as i started having intense contractions, sharp cervix pains and big waves of low back pain, literally ALL day. (hadn't had ANY contractions since, until this evening) I don't know if i should call him or not because today and yesterday my discharge amount has increased, gotten more mucusy and ive also lost 2 large chunks of mucus (50c coin size). And more pressure.. So much that my downstairs lady-bits are slightly swollen.

I was in and out of Threatened Preterm Labour last pregnancy with an IU but this feels different.. I feel like a first time mum again.. -_-

Any advice?

~Kinny
#2 of 94 Old 02-28-2014, 05:35 AM

Kinny- I would call the doc. They are used to getting calls for all sorts of things less important than what you are experiencing. I have an irritable uterus, and I would be made to go in for monitoring if contractions were more than 6 in an hour! With what you are feeling I think they would have kept me in the hospital. Especially if you are having them even while taking the medication.

kinny and wishfulmother like this.

Marmy to jumpers.gif2000, 2007, 2010 and expecting one more!
#3 of 94 Old 02-28-2014, 03:16 PM - Thread Starter

Mmm true.. Well i had IU with my last pregnancy and was in hospital half the time for observation/monitoring, but this time i think they just gave me the meds so i could stay home (have an almost 3 yr old and 8 month old). But i do recall yesterday i did chase my daughter.. She ordered me to chase her with a stick and poke her bottom...lol. Silly child wink1.gif and that was what kicked the contractions off again i think.. I only power-walk chased her for a few minutes O.O probably should be on bedrest..

Called the hospital midwife and my Dr is currently there so she's going to talk to him and call me back.. So im waiting on a phonecall now..
#4 of 94 Old 02-28-2014, 09:11 PM - Thread Starter

Doc wasn't too concerned but said to call again if the discharge amount increases any more. Well i called the midwife again but because 4 hours ago i suddenly started feeling unwell, really bad fatigue, sneezing (which has stopped now) dull headache, and really spacey. Was in the bath for what i thought was 20 minutes, but turned out i was in there for over an hour.. feeling a bit out of it.. So midwife told me to lay down and rest for an hour and call back if i still feel the same. Well, i still feel the same and its been an hour and a half.. Besides the sneezing having stopped. But now i feel hot.. Though have no temperature. >.< So sick of this!
#5 of 94 Old 03-02-2014, 09:01 PM - Thread Starter

Well. I'm not allowed to walk or stand too much, have to have a 1-2 hour bath every day, and let the Midwives/Dr know of any changes. I'm now at high risk of going into PTL. They were going to admit me into hospital but figured I'd be less stressed at home.

Now, todays issues:

Woke up this morning (around 10:45am) and was relatively wet down there. Stood up and had a small amount of clear fluid leak out and then got a BIG powerful contraction, so immediately took a nifedipine which helped a lot. But ive had about 5 contractions with the low back pain again in 4.5 hours, so about 1 contraction an hour but i shouldn't be getting any with this medication.. And ive had the low back pain waves all day, bout 10 - 15 minutes apart.

I also feel a lot 'lighter', but at the same time i feel more pressure/heavy down below..

And half an hour ago i had a small amount of extremely stringy snotty mucus (slightly white, mostly clear).

Am i just over-stressing?

UPDATE: Started getting bad contractions 5 minutes apart, Dr called me back and has allowed me to take 1 more Nifedipine for tonight (it's already working! Yay!) and to check in with him tomorrow.
#6 of 94 Old 03-06-2014, 05:18 AM

I do not think you are over stressing at all. Having a baby early is stressful for everyone involved.  Here women are told to go to the hospital to deliver if contractions are 5 minutes apart...

How are things going now? I hope all has calmed down and is going smoothly.

#7 of 94 Old 03-08-2014, 04:04 PM - Thread Starter

We are told the same thing.. :/ I did end up going to the hospital the next day. The next morning I didn't feel good. Woke up an hour later than usual with severe low back pain, almost constant (so bad I cried, and i don't usually cry when in pain..i just grit my teeth). Couldn't get out of bed for 15 minutes because every time i moved my uterus would hurt a lot. Hubby got me a panadeine though and that took half the pain away. Had a nifedipine and that's stopped the contractions from getting fully tight.. though they were still trying to come on..

Then had more mucous discharge and when i wiped there was some slightly pink tinged mucous, so I called the Hospital, went up to the Maternity Ward and they put the CTG? on me (that machine where they measure contractions and babys heartrate/movement) as baby also had only made 5 movements total in almost 3 days. Well, baby started moving A LOT. He did NOT like that  machine lol. The contractions were trying to start up (regularly - 5-6 minutes apart) but they were so pathetic on the machine they weren't even worth being called 'contractions'... But it was the big waves of low back pain and newer sharp cervix pain I got with each low back pain and 'contraction attempt'. Means the Nifedipine is working. But *sighs* Midwife said it all looks very good, baby is good, no proper contractions... so she concluded that I wasn't in labour.. But she refused to check my cervix because if it started labour they'd get into BIG trouble (not to mention feeling awful). ARGH! I just want an ultrasound done of my cervix! Because the pressure has increased greatly this morning, and I honestly don't know how much more of this my body can take. I guess it doesn't help that I'm a little sleep deprived.. (noise sensitivity shocking me awake during the night/morning)

I've also been EXTREMELY sensitive to all noises the past few days, and at night when my 8 month old turns in his cot, just the sound of the blankets makes me jump in near-shock... when i was watching my Husband turn off the light, the instant the light turned off i flinched... But I don't know why! Since the day before yesterday I've suddenly been feeling very nauseous.. but it comes on suddenly and around the same time (around 1pm). And when the nausea began I saw a great big flash.. only it wasn't white, but black.. though it only happened once. And I keep zoning out. >.< Sorry. I'm just very frustrated and concerned and don't feel like I have anyone I can turn to for support D:

Oh yes, and the only pain relief I can take now is Panadeine. Panadol no longer works AT ALL! But I can only have 2 Panadeine per day, and even so I don't want to be taking panadeine for the rest of my pregnancy... it can't be good to have that much codeine.

#8 of 94 Old 03-08-2014, 04:19 PM

I am so sorry about what you are going through! It must be so hard especially with tiny kiddies on top of it! I hope things get better for you ASAP! Is there anyone near by who can help with the other kids so you can take a nap?

#9 of 94 Old 03-08-2014, 04:36 PM - Thread Starter

It's ok, I'll get through it.. but until then.. I just want to cry! There are my husbands grandparents who are extremely supportive, and my husband too...but my husband is suffering at the moment with a bad flare-up of his Ulcerative Colitis so he HAS to rest, so today I have to look after the kiddies on my own.. I could probably call the Grandparents to pick up the kiddies but my/my husbands/our 2.8 year old has an infection so is on antibiotics and needs lots of sleep and food... and it'd be very difficult to do that at the Grandparents'.

Hubbys Grandma likes to stay very positive and with everything she ALWAYS says "You're fine. :) " which actually annoys me at the moment because I don't know that, and won't know that until my cervix is checked. So whilst they are supportive that doesn't get rid of my concerns... And I have far too much house-work to do.. (I let it slide for 2 days and now the entire place is a mess!)

So I don't know.. :(

EDIT: And I've called the GP Helpline for advice because I'm not sure if I'm just over-reacting or if I should actually be concerned, but they told me to see a Doctor as soon as possible to get thoroughly checked out, because apparently Preterm Labour can happen without the woman getting proper 'contractions'. But the problem is the Doctor/Midwives won't check me throughly...they might if I strongly order them to.. but It's EXTREMELY difficult for me to order others around. :S

Oh and I'm 26 weeks + 4 days now

#10 of 94 Old 03-09-2014, 06:01 AM

:Hug  I know it's hard, but sit on the couch with sick husband and sick baby and do nothing. Definitely don't worry about the house! Can Grandparents come hang out at your place to help. I have found that that makes it easier on everyone. They can do some of the heavy lifting, but you are there to help with knowing how the kids are used to things being done and meds and such...I know I seems like forever till 37 weeks, but having a preemie in the hospital for 9-12 weeks will be even harder than trying to keep baby in for that long. Again, I know how hard this all must be!! Take it easy on yourself mama.

#11 of 94 Old 03-12-2014, 08:01 PM - Thread Starter

Thank you.. Yes grandparents can help. ^^

Update: On Sunday the 5th i rang one of the midwives about my concerns, mainly just the sudden increase in pressure and pain. She advised me to go in and get properly checked, so i did.

I arrived and waited in the hallway while she (A) got the CTG..I was already annoyed because standing felt horrible, and i really didn't think a CTG would help anything. Anyway, CTG was good of course, no tightening and baby was having a ball, but that wasn't my concern.

A said the low back pain waves and pressure was from baby moving around, but I KNOW those pains and those were not that. Especially since I get the back pain every 5 minutes regardless of whether baby is awake or not. And baby was not moving when the pressure started.

A refused to do a cervical check because I wasn't having contractions. She concluded that my cervix wasn't doing anything and so I asked, a little cheekily, how she could tell without checking my cervix. She said because I'm not having any contractions. A told me I was paying TOO much attention to my body.. The problem is whenever I've NOT listened to my body something bad has happened and recently i was told off by a midwife for not listening to my body..

A kept talking over me when I tried to explain what was going on, so I had to raise my voice to be heard, but nothing i said seemed to sink in.. Now I'm not a physical person but i was so tempted to slap her!

I felt like she was mocking me at one point because she said, "When you feel a little pain here *she pointed to her upper abdomen as an example* you go 'oh no! Something's wrong!'"... And she smiled slightly.. -_-

A then called my Dr, 2 metres away from me.She told him I came up complaining of contractions, a sore belly, back pain and pressure.. Which aggravated me because I never even MENTIONED anything about contractions or a sore belly! Then when A said she thinks it's just IU and anxiety i almost cried with anger because I wasn't feeling anxious at all until she started treating me like an idiotic first time mum.. And even if i was a first time mum, NO ONE should ever be treated like that! Up until then i was just concerned. She made me feel so stupid.

Totally unacceptable behaviour for a Midwife. I mentioned i had a bad headache only so that I wasn't keeping information from her that may or may not be important. A told me if the pressure and pain git worse the next day for me to go back and they'll do another CTG.. But what would that achieve?

Well, it did get worse the next day, and a new symptom appeared.. A slight urge to push with each low back pain wave, but i refused to go back in..so I called the midwives at WCH, as they have ALWAYS been helpful and supportive. The midwife i talked to told me to go back to the hospital and to not even bother calling first. Then demand to see a doctor to get a cervical examination or ultrasound done, and to stand my ground. She said that CTGs would be useless in my case as the ONLY way to know what my cervix is up to is to CHECK my cervix. She was lovely!

So i did just as she said. My Dr ordered a cervical examination be performed by the head midwife (she's very serious but nice). My cervix is shortening but its still a good length and there is/was no dilation. She said if my body continues to be silly like this, it may be worthwhile for me to consider having this baby at the WCH for peace of mind/safety for baby.

So i have a bit of thinking to do. Very tempted to go over to WCH at 36 weeks if i get that far, just so I don't get unlucky with mean midwives, as all the midwives I've ever seen or talked to at WCH have been wonderful.

Good news: no dilation!
Bad news: my body is an idiot -_- lol
#12 of 94 Old 03-13-2014, 05:59 AM

I am sorry to hear you had such an unpleasant experience! It is so hard to have a body that is being uncooperative :irked  I am glad to hear your cervix seems to be doing ok though. Hang in there and try to keep taking it easy.

kinny likes this.

#13 of 94 Old 03-13-2014, 06:40 AM - Thread Starter

I tend to get unlucky with Doctors/midwives.. My previous doctor was AWFUL! For some reason she despised me and treated me like dirt. Yet other women like her..so yep. I'm just unlucky. Oh it certainly is! :S thank you smile.gif i will!
#14 of 94 Old 03-14-2014, 08:14 PM - Thread Starter

Oh got such a fright yesterday! Almost all day (apart from a 3 hour gap inbetween) I was slowly leaking clear, watery slightly sweet smelling liquid from my vajayjay. Enough only to wet 2 pairs of undies and dampen one pair of my thick trackpants. But my husband and I did 'do the deed' the night before... So i left it. Well..didn't leak overnight and still haven't and its already lunch time.. Phew! Doc has said before that waters will continuously leak and not stop.. So no clue WHAT that fluid was..?
#15 of 94 Old 03-15-2014, 06:47 PM - Thread Starter

I'm fretting! I don't know what to do!

Yesterday the pressure increased but I've convinced myself that it's just because my belly suddenly popped out/because I'm nearing 28 weeks. Everything was pretty mild all day though, partly due to baby hardly moving. But at about 9pm last night when i went to bed (i took a panadiene just in case) and after I'd been laying down for a short while.. All relaxed and comfy, i suddenly got a VERY severe sharp and almost burning pain across my uterus/belly which wrapped around to my back and came on every 30 seconds and lasted about 30 seconds (so as soon as one went away, another would appear) and also started getting sharp pains in my cervix area on and off. The pain was so severe my face was drenched in tears, I was shaking uncontrollably, trying not to arch my back in pain and had to concentrate on my breathing. So i hobbled out eventually to get another panadiene and that took most of it away. What also concerned me was baby had only moved a few times in the whole day, but then his usual exercise time was around 9pm nightly.

Well..he didn't move all night.

Now i woke up this morning VERY sore and with strong contractions. Nifedipine, worked, yay! But now I'm worried because baby has only done 2 small movements and it's now 12:15pm.. What do I do? Am i just being paranoid? What was that pain i felt last night?
#16 of 94 Old 03-16-2014, 07:26 AM

So sorry you are experiencing all this. In past pregnancies, drinking a glass of orange juice usually started up baby movements and eased my fears. But a call to your OB/midwife would seem warranted if you feel the need. Sometimes on the weekend you get a different practioner and a different perspective. Good luck.

Margot joy.gif- lovin' life with DH and my 3 little loves
Thrilled to be pregnant with baby#4, but being cautiously optimistic since I have had 3 miscarriages.
#17 of 94 Old 03-16-2014, 06:08 PM - Thread Starter

Orange Juice is amazing! smile.gif Baby still didn't move though so i called the hospital and went up to get checked (again) at 4:30pm. Baby is head down and in my pelvis, but he's still small enough to pop back out and move around. When the midwife was listening to his heartbeat with the doppler he did 2 little kicks, which was reassuring, but still odd. He's perfectly fine and happy.

But he still didn't move at all last night which is really odd.. 2 nights in a row that he hasn't moved and he usually has big exercise sessions nightly.. And he's only moved a few times so far this morning. It's almost like he's preparing to say hello to the outside world..

The severe pains i was getting (had another in the hospital and apparently my belly went hard) were/are just very big contractions. Midwife said my body is preparing itself for labour and really wants baby out... So i have to rest a lot, keep up the meds and panadiene, and just try to keep bubs in for as long as i can. I just hope my cervix isn't opening... Because yesterday not long after i called the pressure increased again and it became quite difficult to walk. It is now very painful to walk and the tops of my thighs feel so stiff.. I don't remember feeling this with my last pregnancy until i was past 36 weeks.

I also have this nagging feeling that baby is going to come early.. As in before 35 weeks... I guess the dream i had last night of me bleeding a bit and waters slowly leaking isn't helping.
#18 of 94 Old 03-18-2014, 08:20 AM - Thread Starter

Well, since i fell and hit my lower back into the wall Monday night, the pressure, would you believe it, has increased again.. Which means all the low back pain and pelvic pain has increased too.. So much that panadiene won't work half the time :/ and there were a few small spots of blood on the toilet paper when i wiped a couple of hours ago, so hopefully thats nothing... luckily i have my 28 week check-up later today.

I've also been having quite a few contractions since late last night (currently 1:40am) but they aren't hugely regular, and I'm fairly sure that's just because I'm stressed and upset. My husband went and saw his dr for his normal check up today (he has ulcerative colitis), and went food shopping afterwards. I got a phone call from him saying he was on his way home but he had to go to the hospital afterwards...

So he's in the hospital here getting medication etc through the IV as the meds just wouldn't absorb into his body normally, and he's lost weight.. He has to stay in for 2-3 days and if he doesn't get better he will have to be flown to our states big specialist hospital to possibly have his colon removed.. And he's only 23 next month! So I'm stressed worrying about him, and it's getting so difficult for me just to walk so not having him around to help with the little things like assisting me to get off of a chair, or helping with dinner, or dishes is so hard right now!

And i know i shouldn't stress so much cos that could cause me to go into labour, (...could it???) but i just can't help it.. D': *is trying not to cry from feeling so stressed*
#19 of 94 Old 03-18-2014, 06:29 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)

What an ordeal! I just read through this thread. Honestly I can't believe you aren't in the hospital on continuous monitoring but I can completely see why you would need/want to be home with your kids. It is bad enough dealing with this yourself but having your husband so sick at the same time? Goodness.  I have no idea what to say to help but I will be thinking about you and I hope you keep the thread updated. 

XM,: mama to ds (5/08), dd (9/10) and ds (6/12) ! whale.gif :C.H.S & M.

#20 of 94 Old 03-18-2014, 07:15 PM - Thread Starter

Wow! Congratulations and thank you for reading it all! O.O

I kind of do want to be in hospital for monitoring but now that hubby's so unwell it's making me suck it up and deal with it. Thank you, just knowing that someone cares and doesn't think I'm nuts for being stressed is helping.

Just got back from my doctor appointment.. My lower abdomen especially on the left is VERY tender. Doctor hardly pushed on it and i almost leapt off the bed, so he's sent off urine/blood for testing cos he thinks i have an infection :/ but he also thinks I'm worrying too much about everything, which i probably am... But it's so hard NOT to worry right now! So i guess I'll find out next Monday if i have an infection or not.
#21 of 94 Old 03-18-2014, 09:58 PM

Sorry you are going through all this. I also have an irritable uterus and at the moment am extremely upest/depressed bc I have a husband who doesn't understand and complains all the time that I don't *do more* around the house and need his help for things.

Anyway, I was wondering if you ever heard of SPD? On top of IU, I also have SPD and that is the MAIN SOURCE of all my pain! I had never heard of It before but once I learned about It It changed my life because I finally didnt feel crazy with all my symptoms. You may or may not have It but I thought I would throw It our there just In case It helps you. Here Is a link that describes It really well...

http://www.plus-size-pregnancy.org/pubicpain.htm

Wife to dh_malesling.GIF ; Mama to A (M/C at 16wks 2011) angel1.gif and love-of-my-life DD M (BORN May 2012) luxlove.gif and S (M/C at 7wks June 2013) angel1.gif and rainbow1284.gif Rainbow Baby due in April 2014 3rdtri.gifjoy.gif
h20homebirth.gifnovaxnocirc.giffly-by-nursing1.giffamilybed1.gif
#22 of 94 Old 03-19-2014, 12:17 AM - Thread Starter

Oh dear :( *hugs* That must be so difficult! Irritable Uterus.. stinks doesn't it? :S At least your due date isn't too far away! Mine's all the way in June 11th. When in April is yours? 

I actually only just heard about it a few days ago but didn't do any research into it.. and form reading that site you linked is sounds EXACTLY like that. The most painful and difficult thing to do is put pants on/take them off.. Lifting one leg or foot is almost excruciating! And I definitely waddle at the moment. Oh thank you SO MUCH! You're right, it makes me feel like a sane person now, instead of thinking I'm just going insane lol.

#23 of 94 Old 03-20-2014, 04:29 AM

What an ordeal. I`m currently not pregnant but I do have MAJOR issues with IU. Actually, that is one of the main reasons I am on the fence about going for a fourth baby. I have spotting/bleeding and non-stop contractions starting from the second trimester. Good news is I have carried my three kids to term but it sure was not a walk in the park. I can totally understand your frustration and fear. Isn`t it annoying when they tell you not to worry and you are having all sorts of crazy symptoms?:eyesroll

kinny likes this.

Me sleepytime.gif DH violin.gifand the kiddos run.gif   Follower of Jesus heartbeat.gif
#24 of 94 Old 03-20-2014, 07:28 AM - Thread Starter

oops.gif you have it when you're not even pregnant!? That must be awful! :S yep.

Well, I give up. I've had it. I didn't tell my doctor that i bled a little, nor did i tell him about that silly midwife A, and i hardly told him of much else because the more i told him the more he seemed to think that most of it is just in my head. Then tonight my husband (he was ok today and discharged from hospital, yay!) mentioned that some it IS probably in my head. Because with the last pregnancy my TPL bouts i complained of contractions but the machine picked up hardly anything multiple times.. So now I really do feel like an over exaggerating idiot. I've just had it.. I only have 6 nifedipine left but i can't bring myself to request another script.. My husband HAS to rest, pretty much on bedrest, and I've had enough of being 'complainy' and almost useless so I'm just going to have to suck it up. My body will just have to deal with doing normal work again (housework/bird care/caring for kiddies). And if the contractions come back once the nifedipine runs out, well, oh well. It's much harder for me dealing with people i trust saying it's in my head, than to just deal with my stupid body.

I'm actually lying here crying as i think about having this baby here.. I don't ever want to see any of the midwives or my dr again. I've finally cracked and just feel so silly and embarrassed.. The more i explain what I'm going through the more i sound like a worrywart.. I just can't deal with this anymore. :'(
#25 of 94 Old 03-20-2014, 06:58 PM

I am so sorry! I feel so bad for you! Can you switch to a different care provider?? I would highly recommend finding someone who treats you better! You deserve to be treated better! Those people sound awful to me! Sorry mama and huge hugs

Wife to dh_malesling.GIF ; Mama to A (M/C at 16wks 2011) angel1.gif and love-of-my-life DD M (BORN May 2012) luxlove.gif and S (M/C at 7wks June 2013) angel1.gif and rainbow1284.gif Rainbow Baby due in April 2014 3rdtri.gifjoy.gif
h20homebirth.gifnovaxnocirc.giffly-by-nursing1.giffamilybed1.gif
#26 of 94 Old 03-20-2014, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinny View Post

oops.gif you have it when you're not even pregnant!? That must be awful! :S yep.

Oh, no. I only have it while pregnant. Sorry, I wasn`t clear about it.

I`m so sorry you are surrounded by such unsupportive people. I would try to find a more supportive hospital.

I did go in numerous times with spotting and strange symptoms and was always told the same thing: nothing to worry about. BUT I had constant contractions and that awful feeling that something was off. I too started thinking it was all in my head, except it was all real and worrisome.

Don`t stress yourself over the hospital staff. Just request the meds you need and don`t worry about what they think of you. After all, this it your baby and you need to do what`s best for him.

And most of all, try to relax as much as possible. Stress makes everything much, much worse.

:Hug

Me sleepytime.gif DH violin.gifand the kiddos run.gif   Follower of Jesus heartbeat.gif
#27 of 94 Old 03-20-2014, 08:09 PM

Just wanted to throw out a few thoughts. How are your hydration levels? Salt? Potassium? Magnesium?

I have very convincing, painful, and pressured contractions when I'm not watching that stuff. I just a bout last week that was just like early labor. The last time I felt like that, I was holding a baby within the hour. At 17 weeks, its a scary feeling. So, changes might not be happening, but the feelings are real.
#28 of 94 Old 03-21-2014, 07:04 AM - Thread Starter

Philothea: I really do like my dr.. He's the first dr I've had in yeats who has treated me properly. It's just now that he's being annoying. He's still polite as can be, but it doesn't change the fact that he thinks it's in my head now.. *hugs*

Katica: ahhh.. Nah no worries:)

Oh dear, sounds like me..I'm trying not to stress but i finally just caved in.. greensad.gif i can take a heck of alot, but as soon as my hubby says something FWOOSH im down.

FisherFamily: ...I actually have NO idea... O.O oh my! That sounds almost petrifying! *hugs* i agree..feelings are very very real :|

The problem is I'm just so fed up. I had IU since 23/4 weeks with my last pregnancy (DS) and then severe IU with this one (DS2 to be) since 15 weeks (so every day all day for the past 13 weeks/3 months.. It's tiring me out, in every way possible, that includes docs/midwives.

:/ I'm starting to think that i AM paying too much attention to my body... Only because of that one comment from my DH. Whatever he ever says always gets to me, for good or bad, always. Pregnancy then brings surging hormones into the mix! :|

I didn't take my nifedipine today because i wanted to see what my belly was actually up to now. I did a lot of work too, birds, vacuuming, kids, dishes, cleaning out a cupboard (we have mice -_-) etc. Well, i did get a couple of contractions but they didn't get fully tight. I had lots of cramping-type pain which i haven't been getting when on nifedipine, but no tightenings.

I called my clinic today to see if my urine test, 28 week bloods (including GCT) results had come back. Got a call back from the nurse saying they had and someone was supposed to call me yesterday... >.> All she said was that my dr wants to see me on Monday regarding the results, but not to worry as it's nothing urgent..... Well it can't be good if he wants to see me! Every other time for every blood test or urine test I've been able to be told results over the phone.. So im not sure why he wants me to go in.. :S just hoping i don't have Gestational Diabetes... That would however explain the sudden bigness of my belly.. But mmm. Cos if it were an infection it would be urgent or they'd tell me over the phone. *sigh* I'm not worrying, I'm just annoyed because i REALLY don't want to go in, but I have to know what my results are. *grumpy mumbling*
#29 of 94 Old 03-24-2014, 01:30 AM - Thread Starter

So was sitting in the drs clinic for nearly an hour PAST my appointment time, but figured hey, its got to be important to come in.. I get in..my iron level is low but its not too bad (105, normal is 115-160)so told me to get some iron tablets from the pharmacy...no prescription... Joy.. And i already have an issue with constipation.. *sighs deeply in an almost growling manner* WHAT THE HECK WAS THE POINT IF THE APPOINTMENT?!?!!!!!! AGH! Waste of time, and it hurt to sit on those chairs.. Ugh. And now my pelvis really hurts and it's hard to walk again.. -_-
#30 of 94 Old 03-24-2014, 07:52 PM

Your doctor could have told you the results over the phone. However, they like to tell everything in person whether good or bad to avoid misunderstanding.

Make sure you drink enough water to help with constipation. It should also help you with the contractions. However, whenever I drank too much water it just irritated my uterus further. Not sure why. Anyway, a grumpy uterus is hard to please :eyesroll

Take good care and don`t ignore what your body is telling you. I kept reminding myself that only I know how I feel and that my responsibility is NOT to please others but to take care of my baby.

kinny likes this.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page