Chart of good progesterone levels throughout pregnancy? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 02-28-2014, 09:12 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)

My last pregnancy I had really low progesterone levels and was on prometrium and injections until around 25 weeks pregnant.  I had tried to go off a few times but my levels always dropped lower than what he preferred to see so I'd have to start up on them again.  This pregnancy I have a different doctor who is just sort of like, "yeah, take them for a few more weeks and then stop." I'm nervous about just stopping because I know last pregnancy when I did, they were still low for a few more weeks and then finally when I went off and tested again later, they were still good.  So I'm not comfortable with her not monitoring it better. I'd like to have an idea myself then of what are good levels at different weeks during pregnancy.  My old OB followed the "zones of pregnancy" using naprotechnology but the chart online of that is too small to see well and when enlarged it gets blurry. Anyone else given specific info on levels throughout the pregnancy?  Oh, and if relevant, I've had 2 miscarriages which is why it has been monitored so closely.  

#2 of 2 Old 02-28-2014, 01:55 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I took progesterone this pregnancy until 11 weeks, and had two miscarriages last year (no living children).  I rechecked the levels myself after stopping and they were in the lowish range according to the lab, and in zone 2 according to the Napro chart.  I decided I couldn't deal with that level of stress with monitoring without compelling evidence that it actually works, and I didn't want to be taking the supplement anymore if I didn't need to.  Napro says they have studied it, but they don't say what those charts are based on, and only provide anecdotes which aren't terribly convincing either.  I am super interested in this area of information, but it just doesn't seem to be growing.  If they could make a clearer distinction between progesterone levels that are problematic and those that aren't, that would be nice.  However, I know women who have had successful pregnancies with low progesterone throughout.  It just isn't well understood, and I didn't want to perpetuate any feelings of "needing" a technology when I likely did not.  So far so good at 21 weeks, but I can't say I'm not still nervous.  The placenta should be making plenty of progesterone though, and there is really no reason it wouldn't, unless the pregnancy wasn't doing well.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page