How far along could I be? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 03-06-2014, 12:22 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

My sixth child is 17 months old. Three nights ago a positive pregnancy test showed I was pregnant with our 7th! We are very excited, but also, I'm a bit puzzled. You see, I took many negative pregnancy tests before I finally got a positive one.

I am 21 days past my estimated period,  according to monthlyinfodotcom, because I was cycling irregularly and was cycling an average of every 40 days. The cycle spacing was shrinking down to 36 days before I got pregnant. So I really don't know when conception happened. When I finally got a positive pregnancy test the positive line was super dark. I was using cheap bulk tests but I thought that it would have showed up. I'm stumped.

So I'm 61 days past the first day of my last cycle.

How many days post conception would you guess that I am?

#2 of 8 Old 03-06-2014, 04:55 PM - Thread Starter

Anybody have a guess? I'm not seeking a diagnosis. I just wondered if you other experienced birth geeks might have a clue. orngbiggrin.gif
#3 of 8 Old 03-06-2014, 05:07 PM

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)

When did you last get a negative test?

Now mom to a boy born January 2010. 
Cautiously expecting Dec 2014!

12/08 (6 weeks),  1/13 (11 weeks), &  12/13 (9.5 weeks)
#4 of 8 Old 03-06-2014, 05:36 PM - Thread Starter

Good question. I've been testing every few days or so. So it's a blur. Lots and lots of negative tests, wondering where my period suddenly went. Then suddenly, dark positives. Well, this pregnancy is going to be a bit of a mystery unless I get an ultrasound which before now has not been a thing I do, and probably won't be doing this time around.

#5 of 8 Old 03-07-2014, 12:44 PM - Thread Starter

Update, last night I took a pregnancy test that said I was 3+ weeks past conception. That's where the reading maxes out. So I guess I'm at least 5 weeks along. *shrug*

#6 of 8 Old 03-07-2014, 01:07 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
How frustrating!
Congrats on your pregnancy though smile.gif
I would guess that you're probably around 5 weeks since you were testing regularly. I would think you would have picked up a BFP fairly soon. I really dunno though! Back in the olden days they would confirm and date a pregnancy by feeling quickening. Do you remember how early you felt movement with your 6th?

bfinfant.gif  Breastfeeding, non-vaxing, homeschooling, baby wearing, cosleeping, non-cic'ing mama to CJsuperhero.gifAGdust.gifJJnono02.gifSDbabyboy.gif  And married my highschool sweetheart lovestory.gif

And expecting #5 in Nov. 2014 heartbeat.gif
#7 of 8 Old 03-07-2014, 01:37 PM

Quoted: 19 Post(s)

Congrats! I am pregnant with number #7 too. I have always had long, erratic cycles and several "late" babies, so finally with this one and the last one we just decided to get early ultrasounds done to better pinpoint an edd.

But based on your numbers alone, and my understanding that ovulation generally occurs two weeks before the next period, I would say you likely ovulated around Jan 27th and are 7+4 based on the 36 days or based on the 40 days you would be right at 7 weeks.

Do you remember having any signs of ovulation at all? I don't really chart or anything but according to what my ultrasound is saying I pinpointed conception exactly to the day I thought I was ovulating based on mucous.

Also I have gotten false negatives early on with a few of my children.

#8 of 8 Old 03-08-2014, 08:17 AM - Thread Starter

Typically, I can't get pregnant until my cycles shrink down to 28 days. The last 2 times I got pregnant I found out the day I missed my period.

You both have good input. So glad I posted my question. :)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page