When did you start wearing maternity clothes? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 03-12-2014, 01:45 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
I want to make a poll but I don't know how!!
Oh and what pregnancy number is this?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-12-2014, 04:32 PM

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)

1st pregnancy, maternity clothes at 14 weeks. 

No bump per se, but they are so much less binding!

Old 03-12-2014, 04:52 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)

I think you would need to start a new thread if you want a poll. When you open up the button for new thread just scroll down past the text box and there will be a place that says No Poll. Click on it and it will add one.

This is pregnancy #9 for me, including 2 miscarriages. I was about 9 weeks when I switched to maternity pants.

Old 03-12-2014, 08:17 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

This is my third pregnancy, ten years since my second though. Started wearing maternity about 12 1/2 weeks, but had already switched to my looser jeans and skirts at 10 weeks.

Homeschooling,mom to DS1 ('02) , DS2 ('03) , and DD1 ('14) . Now living in a very cold place
Old 03-12-2014, 08:18 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)

With this one (#4) - 8 weeks. I probably could have gotten away with the rubber band trick for a while, but I totally forgot about it. Or gone a size bigger, but I figured that if I was getting new stuff, it may as well be maternity.

With #1, I got away with clothing a size up from normal until around 20 weeks. With #2, I'm not sure I actually had any official maternity clothing - just elastic waist stuff that I could wear under the belly. With #3 it was earlier, but I can't remember exactly when.

DS born 6/03, DD1 born 9/06, DD2 born 10/10, DD3 born 4/14.
Old 03-13-2014, 10:58 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)

This is my third pregnancy, but the second miscarried just as my jeans were getting uncomfortable.  I wore a stretchy tummy band over unzipped jeans from 10 to 17 weeks, then started wearing my slimmer maternity pants.  I am 33 weeks today and have been wearing my really roomy pants since 30 weeks, although I can still get into the 2 stretchier pairs of the slimmer ones.

Mama to a boy EnviroKid treehugger.gif 9 years old and a new little girl EnviroBaby baby.gif!

I write about parenting, environment, cooking, and more. computergeek2.gif

Old 03-13-2014, 12:19 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I found that even in my first pregnancy (baby #2 is due very soon) I had a very low tolerance for things that put pressure on my belly. I don't know if it was psychological or my body structure or what but I was wearing stretchy waistband pants in the first trimester cause other things just felt too tight.

Old 03-14-2014, 12:36 PM

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
First pregnancy, I switched to maternity tops (at about 13 weeks) before maternity bottoms because I wore button-up blouses to work and I was tired of arranging safety pins in between the buttons to prevent gaping, lol. Second pregnancy, I think I switched at about 3-4 months for tops and pants. Third and fourth pregnancies, I switched at about eight weeks, mostly for comfort, and partly because I still had a gut from #2 and I wanted to look pregnant and not just fat. orngtongue.gif Cooking #5 now but I'm just barely over three weeks, so still in my regular clothes. smile.gif

Andrea , child of God, wife of Tim , mama of L, B, J, J

Younique has new products! Come check it out!!
Earn free makeup. Join the sisterhood. Build your future.
Old 03-29-2014, 08:37 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

I haven't started yet (only going on 5 weeks) but I have a feeling (because of the horrid hormone induced bloating) that I'll be wearing my maternity pants and prob tops by week 7 or 8. This is my 4th pregnancy (including 2 miscarriages) and I always struggle with horrible bloating which is my baine of existence in the first trimester since I don't suffer from much morning sickness (usually vomit about 2-3 x's the entire pregnancy) but...we all have our thing.

My 1st ended too soon to think about maternity clothes. 2nd I was around 8 weeks (I'd started gaining weight and bloated to hell early) and 3rd I started wearing maternity at week 10, but I was 30 lbs less than I am now as I didn't lose all of my previous pregnancy weight. Another reason for thinking that I'll be wearing them sooner this time around! Makes sense.

Leanne wash.gif 34, SAHM married 15 yrs to Josh geek.gif, 37.  brokenheart.gif 8/08, brokenheart.gif 7/10, babyboy.gif born 2/18/12 and brokenheart.gif 4/14. photosmile3.gif 
Old 03-29-2014, 09:44 AM

Around 8-9 weeks. I was on progesterone injections and they made me put on weight fast.
Old 03-29-2014, 12:34 PM

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
I just turned 5 weeks on Tuesday and I'm wondering if I'll be able to make it to 6 or 6.5 weeks before switching over. o.O Fifth pregnancy, still carrying some extra weight from #4.

Andrea , child of God, wife of Tim , mama of L, B, J, J

Younique has new products! Come check it out!!
Earn free makeup. Join the sisterhood. Build your future.
Old 03-29-2014, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILoveShoes View Post

Around 8-9 weeks. I was on progesterone injections and they made me put on weight fast.

Hmm...they have me doing progesterone suppositories. I wonder if that has anything to do with my first trimester always "blowing up" as well. LOL. headscratch.gif Nobody mentioned to me that was a side effect, not the Dr or the pharmacist.

Leanne wash.gif 34, SAHM married 15 yrs to Josh geek.gif, 37.  brokenheart.gif 8/08, brokenheart.gif 7/10, babyboy.gif born 2/18/12 and brokenheart.gif 4/14. photosmile3.gif 
Old 03-29-2014, 08:43 PM

I
Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainMama2Be View Post

Hmm...they have me doing progesterone suppositories. I wonder if that has anything to do with my first trimester always "blowing up" as well. LOL. headscratch.gif Nobody mentioned to me that was a side effect, not the Dr or the pharmacist.

My fertility nurse told me it was a side effect. I just blamed it on the meds and pregnancy rather than my eating habits.
Old 04-10-2014, 03:02 PM

20 weeks

Old 04-11-2014, 09:56 AM

This is #6 and it's been 5 years since my last one. Not in maternity yet, but I bet I will be before 12 weeks. I was in maternity bottoms at about 10 weeks with my last 2.
Old 04-12-2014, 09:10 AM

If I'd of started gaining instead of losing this pregnancy I would be starting to wear my maternity wardrobe this or next week for sure but I've been packing away most of my regular clothes as the tops are too snug and I only have 2 pants that still fit (or aren't so stained (with permanent marker from my 2 year old catching me off guard) and old that they aren't wearable outside the house) so now I believe that I'll be pulling them out to wear in about 3 weeks or so when I'm around 10 weeks.

User Tag List