Fertility Challenged Graduates Thread - Spring/Summer 2014 - Page 10 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 
 880Likes

#271 of 935 Old 06-24-2014, 05:03 PM

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Milk - internet hugs from me, too.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#272 of 935 Old 06-24-2014, 06:34 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Milk- I'm so sorry. Hugs to you.

#273 of 935 Old 06-25-2014, 12:01 AM

Mentioned: 105 Post(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Thanks guys, I appreciate the thoughts. I just had a realisation this afternoon that it's exactly five years today, since my first miscarriage. So that's a bit of a kick in the ass. The hormones are getting the better of me at the moment, but I'll manage. Always do.
Gonna bow outta this thread now so as not to ruin the vibe too much. Best of luck to all of you and your babes.

Me & him and our beautiful fur boys Duke and Chopz
Forever missing our little ones lost

How we survive, is what makes us who we are - Rise Against

***4***8***12***16***20**24*** 28***32***36***40
#274 of 935 Old 06-25-2014, 06:43 AM

Mentioned: 197 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 53 Post(s)
More hugs @Milk8shake Let us know if anything changes. And, please let us know about any next steps for you. You have a loyal following of stalkers who somehow care about someone they've never met.

Married to one of the last good guys left Jim
Mom to AJ 4/07 and Genevieve 5/09

And then: I'm really, really tired of making angels.

But wait, could it really be true?

The whole story at: www.xerxella.blogspot.com
#275 of 935 Old 06-25-2014, 08:44 AM

@tracyamber - Good luck today. I guess your appointment isn't until later, but I'll be stalking you for an update soon. (I'm still guessing 2.) Post pictures, too!

#276 of 935 Old 06-25-2014, 08:30 PM

Mentioned: 58 Post(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Hi eveyone. I guess I probably belong here not the ttc thread now. I'm just still in so many kinds of shock. One week until our next scan. I'm about 6 weeks 3 days right now.
I think my morning sickness is coming. Either that or just had a bad digestion day yesterday and still having the fallout. Still nothing like as bad as I remember with my son, but that was later.

Hoping for good news from tracy, and more twinsies

ecstatic about BFP #2 after another round of Clomid,
TWINS!
EDD 2/15/2015
thrilled to welcome #1 after 17 months of ttc, 1 round of Clomid

DS LG  08/03/12
#277 of 935 Old 06-26-2014, 09:27 PM

Mentioned: 191 Post(s)
Quoted: 69 Post(s)
Well I already posted on the other thread but for those who may be curious, we did see a heartbeat yesterday and all measurement were right on for 6weeks 5 days but tomarrow I will be 7 weeks!!

Afm hope you are all doing well. Can people post how far along they are in their pregnancy. I can't seem to remember.
iixivboots likes this.
#278 of 935 Old 06-27-2014, 05:38 AM

Tracyamber - I'm going to hit 20 weeks tomorrow!

Boots - I think I'm *finally* not in shock about getting pregnant - I'm definitely more surprised to find myself half way!

We had our anatomy u/s Wednesday - little girl looks good, measures right on track, which is such a relief. Placenta is high and in front. I was honestly more worried about the bits of mine that support her - I feel like my body hasn't been good at fertility, but she's been fine st growing since the lab got our egg & sperm together. It was exciting to see her move

Within a week, we'll have a crib & a room to put baby stuff in. I'll even have newborn cloth diapers (on loan from a friend). Crazy.
hope4light and tracyamber like this.
#279 of 935 Old 06-27-2014, 05:43 AM

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
I can't believe i'll be 15 weeks this week. Geez time is flying by!

Glad to see some familiar faces from the Infertility forum here.
hope4light and iixivboots like this.

Me (32) - DH (38) - DS (6) - Atlanta, GA
Expecting #2 in Dec 2014

I blog: allthingsandlife.blogspot.com
#280 of 935 Old 06-27-2014, 06:04 AM

Oh, I meantto mention that my housemate says we should name her "Deathproof". I don't think that'll be her legal name, but it has stuck as a nickname. I think you guys understand better than most why! (not that I don't still worry - I hear that part never ends!)
#281 of 935 Old 06-27-2014, 07:44 AM

Hey all!

I'm 10w3d today. I'll be happy when I can get to the point where I feel comfortable just saying the weeks. Now, I add the days on because every day feels like a miracle!

My next ultrasound is Tuesday. I'll be 11 weeks exactly. It made me a little nervous that the doc wanted me to do one more ultrasound when they usually release people at 10 weeks. I looked hard at my records and the gestational sacs have measured a little bit behind. I'm not TOO worried since the babies have been measuring great all along. AND, since they've been measuring similarly. (If one had a too small gestational sac and the other had a larger sac, I'd be more worried.) Also, I found a great study that showed that 36% of IVF pregnancies have a gestational sac that measures behind. The study was very clear, if the baby is measuring correctly, then there is NO increase in miscarriage rates. Still, I'll always find something to worry about.

Funny story: I was calling around to OB offices trying to have somebody see me sooner rather than later. I called this one and she said, "First all the new moms have to do a 2 hour orientation that we have once a month, the we'll schedule them to see a midwife, then another appointment to see the doc, then...."
"Wait. Stop." I said. "This is my 9th pregnancy. I've had 6 miscarriages. I think I should find out if anybody's alive in there before doing all of that."
Long pause. The nurse says, "Uuummm. Well at the orientation, we'll give you prenatal vitamin samples. You really need to be on prenatal vitamins as soon as possible...."
"Lady." I say. "I've been on prenatal vitamins for 8 years now, because I've been trying to conceieve, pregnant or nursing for the last 8 years straight. You know what? Thank you for your time. I'll keep calling around."

Luckily, the next call found me a doc that can get me in next week. I'm still considering my options, but I'm glad I've found someone that can grasp a bigger picture and cut to the chase.
hope4light and tracyamber like this.

#282 of 935 Old 06-28-2014, 02:38 PM

Mentioned: 175 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 82 Post(s)
Hey everyone. Just thought I would check in. Had my first dr appointment today at 5 weeks 3 days and they were able to see the gestational sac and yolk sac both were measuring perfect for where I'm at. The doctor said everything was average which I think is a good thing. We go back next week to check for a heartbeat and then I'm released to a regular doctor.

#283 of 935 Old 06-28-2014, 07:01 PM

Mentioned: 58 Post(s)
@Xerxella , I love this story, way to go! Seriously with the not giving people credit. You would think that with so many women having fertility treatments doctors would expect that women would have more information about their cycles. The OB I saw (and won't be seeing again) asked me how I knew when to have sex when I wasn't getting positive OPKs. Thanks, sweetie.

@alivewithyou , looks good. I just got done obsessively googling, and it seems like once the sacs are seen in the uterus miscarriage risk drops to about 10-15%.

THURSDAY is our freaking heartbeat ultrasound, it's taking FOREVER to get there. I am still in shock and disbelief that there are really two of them and I feel like I don't want to get attached to that idea until I see two heartbeats.
tracyamber likes this.

ecstatic about BFP #2 after another round of Clomid,
TWINS!
EDD 2/15/2015
thrilled to welcome #1 after 17 months of ttc, 1 round of Clomid

DS LG  08/03/12
#284 of 935 Old 06-29-2014, 08:28 AM

I guess somehow I am not subscribed to this thread. I had no idea all the action.
I will post most later!!!!!!!!
We are all pregnant and we are all staying pregnant!! We have such a range ..
Okay back later
iixivboots likes this.
#285 of 935 Old 06-29-2014, 08:45 PM

Guys! There's a crib in my house for my baby!

I hit 20 weeks Saturday, so it's maybe a little early, but a friend was moving + gave me a great deal on it. She also gave me the bedding set - it's way more girlish than I would have chosen on my own, but I kind of love it.

I thought you guys would appreciate just how much of a dream come true that is...

As for the baby herself, I feel her wiggling around enough now that it's reassuring - in fact, it was even a little annoying this morning (I was hot & tired & trying to assemble a fan}

Last edited by Autumnlaughing; 06-29-2014 at 08:53 PM.
#286 of 935 Old 06-30-2014, 10:25 AM

Mentioned: 87 Post(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
First u/s is tomorrow. I'm 7 weeks and I'm soooo hoping for a heart beat and good measurements.
hope4light and iixivboots like this.

Me: 33 PCOS Him: 33 vericocele
13 long years of TTC using various methods before the twins finally came - Too much history to list
IVF #1 11 weeks
IVF #2 Liam and Maisie (now 2 years old)
IVF #3 BFN and no frosties
IVF #4 BFP!!!! Twins again!

#287 of 935 Old 06-30-2014, 01:26 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 118 Post(s)
Quoted: 56 Post(s)
Okay, I'm going to try to do some personals! (If I miss you, I'm sorry. I promise I read everything and answered everyone in my mind!)

Kewpie - I keep wanting to know if it's July 1st yet! I can only imagine it's so much worse for you. Hoping for a great looking heartbeat (or heartbeats!) for you tomorrow. Any idea when you'll be able to check in and let us know the outcome?

Autumn - Yay on scoring a good deal on a crib. And, of course, on needing one. And yay for a wiggling baby. Just wait until she decides to have a dance party every time you lay down. Nothing says dance party to a fetus like Mommy laying down!

Boots - I want your ultrasound to be tomorrow with Kewpie's. I'm tired of waiting! (Because it's all totally about me. ) How are you adjusting to the idea of twins? Hope you can keep yourself nice and distracted until Thursday. Is your appointment at least in the morning?

Alive - Glad things are looking good for you so far. Measuring just right is a very positive sign. Hopefully next week's ultrasound will bring even more reassurance.

X - I try to restrict myself to thinking in weeks and half weeks at this point (though I'm pretty generous with when I grant myself the half-week). But I kind of count days because I'm just DONE with pregnancy. (But not - stay IN, little one!) After tomorrow's ultrasound, can I put you on the roster? Pleeeaaaaaase??? Also, "We'll give you prenatal vitamin samples"? REALLY? Gee, definitely worth two hours of my life. And umm, shouldn't they be recommending people start taking vitamins stat, if they're already pregnant and not taking them, instead of waiting for a meeting? Anyway, glad you found someone who doesn't think you just fell off the turnip truck.

Mo - Hi! My DDC practically died with the forum changeover, but it's slowly reviving.

Tracy - Haha! I win! One baby! Actually, YOU win! You get a baby! When do you get released from the RE? Do you have an OB/midwife picked out yet? Also, I'm alllmost 27 weeks. It's in my sig, but if you mostly are mobile like me, I know you don't see that often.

Milk - In case you're stalking, I'm going to send you a PM. I hope you're doing okay. I, for one, don't mind you being here, happy news or sad.

AFM, ugh. If you don't want to be depressed, read no further. I am done, done, done with being pregnant. I have no interest in being pregnant ever again. My body is handling things even less well this time than with my son. I've had to take Zofran twice in the past week because I've been nauseated. I keep waking up at night nauseated and with a stomach ache, and sometimes I still feel that way on waking up. I've thankfully got my shoulder and neck about back to normal after having them seriously screwed up, and my hip is better, though now I'm having more SPD issues, and possibly some sciatica. Yay. And I'm not even 27 weeks! I do not know how I'm going to keep going for 3 more months. Oh, and I get heartburn all the time at night if I lay on my right side. But my left hip is the one giving me trouble. Plus if I don't regularly switch sides, I end up hurting all over. If I prop up my head more, it helps with the heartburn, but then I'm TERRIFIED of messing up my neck again. I don't remember having these issues so early with my son (and the nausea recurring never happened with him, thankfully). Anyway, I'm glad baby seems to be okay and wiggling away in there (I've got a serious baby bump going now!), but I'm looking forward to October getting here as soon as possible.

Monkey (30) + Pirate (28) = a forever family (5/10) - Baby Bird (8/12), our long-awaited first, one (9/13 @ 7w 6d), and a (10/6/14)

PCOS
#288 of 935 Old 06-30-2014, 06:07 PM

@kewpie80
Can wait for the stats after your appointment. It's exciting and nerve wrecking to wait so long. @monkeyscience
I'm sorry you are having such issues. I didn't want to be depressed but my curiosity got the best of me poor you and hugs. I understand . I am only 7+ weeks but am avoiding my favorite spicy foods because the heartburn is sooooo awful. Some days I have bad morning sickness and other days it's better. Today is a better day. I am meeting with a midwife soon in my town and think I have found an ob about an hour away. My doctor is writing my letter now so that I can be released though I still have a 9 wee appointment with him. Thanks for asking!! @Xerxella
Miss you. What's going on? @iixivboots
Uh, can't wait for your ultrasound either!! @alivewithyou
When next week is your appointment. Thanks for posting a pic of your bean!!
Afm
On vacation so my posts will be short. Hope all is well with everyone!!!
#289 of 935 Old 06-30-2014, 06:29 PM

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
@Xerxella wow on the nurse with no ability to change direction.

@iixivboots hoping the heartbeat appt goes well

Afm, just got home from a trip to Canada. How do you teach patience to a sixth month old hungry, wet baby as you wait to get through immigration check point? Poor boys screamed for an hour and wouldnt just fall back to sleep. Glad to be home in my own bed. It was good to see the grandparents though.
#290 of 935 Old 06-30-2014, 06:30 PM

Mentioned: 175 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 82 Post(s)
@iixivboots : So excited for your ultrasound; I hope you have two strong little heartbeats already.
@kewpie80 : good luck on your ultrasound tomorrow.
@tracyamber : our next ultrasound is this saturday. I am feeling pretty calm despite feeling pretty crappy. I feel you on the heart burn.. mine was non existent after my gallbladder was removed and now it's back ha ha.
@monkeyscience : thanks for the reassurance! sorry that you have been so miserable lately. October will come so fast!
@Autumnlaughing : pretty funny about your wiggly baby.
tracyamber likes this.

Kyle and Jordan - Married June 22nd, 2013

TTC #1 since October 2013.

My chart -

One loss - March 2014 (5 weeks)

BFP on June 13, 2014 - EDD 2/25/2014
First Beta at 12DPO-186. 15DPO-598!

#291 of 935 Old 06-30-2014, 09:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyscience View Post
Okay, I'm going to try to do some personals! (If I miss you, I'm sorry. I promise I read everything and answered everyone in my mind!)

Kewpie - I keep wanting to know if it's July 1st yet! I can only imagine it's so much worse for you. Hoping for a great looking heartbeat (or heartbeats!) for you tomorrow. Any idea when you'll be able to check in and let us know the outcome?
My appt is 9am Mountain time and I live about 30 minutes away from the clinic. They usually run about 10 minutes behind, so that may give you an idea. I'll post as soon as I get home.
hope4light likes this.

13 long years of TTC using various methods before the twins finally came - Too much history to list
IVF #1 11 weeks

#292 of 935 Old 07-01-2014, 12:01 AM - Thread Starter

It's July 1st now! I'll be praying for you this morning, Kewpie. Thanks for the info. I'm glad your appointment is early in the day. And I'm glad, unlike beta tests, there's no waiting for someone to call you who-knows-when with the results. I know I hated that waiting.
tracyamber likes this.
#293 of 935 Old 07-01-2014, 06:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyscience View Post
It's July 1st now! I'll be praying for you this morning, Kewpie. Thanks for the info. I'm glad your appointment is early in the day. And I'm glad, unlike beta tests, there's no waiting for someone to call you who-knows-when with the results. I know I hated that waiting.
Oh I hear ya. The waiting is the worst. I always would check my phone a zillion times to make sure the sounds was ALL the way up. I can't tell you how many times I took the phone with me to the toilet and then they actually called while I was in there. They had peeing sense or something.

I woke up feeling very sick this morning and DH's breakfast repulsed me, so I'm taking that as a good sign.
tracyamber likes this.

IVF #1 11 weeks

#294 of 935 Old 07-01-2014, 07:21 AM - Thread Starter

Sounds like a positive sign to me!

AFM, I wasn't nauseated during the night or this morning, so that's something!
tracyamber likes this.
#295 of 935 Old 07-01-2014, 07:55 AM

@kewpie80 - Good luck today! I'll be stalking you. KUP!!

@iixivboots - Come on Thursday!!!!! They really made you wait a long time!

@alivewithyou - Sounds awesome! That's a great start. Seeing the heartbeat next week will really reassure you.

@Autumnlaughing - Yeah on a crib! Wow! That's crazy to see it in there, isn't it? You're only 4 weeks from viability, so I don't think it's unreasonable. So exciting!!!

@monkeyscience - Hugs It's a tough stage when you look at the calendar and can't believe that you have SO much time to go and you're SO miserable.

@tracyamber - Vacation? Sounds awesome! Where did you go? I'm glad your doc is cooperative and helping you get another appointment sooner rather than later.

@lilacvioletiris - There's no teaching patience to a 6 month old. LOL. Sorry you both had a rough time with it.

AFM - 11 weeks today and had an ultrasound. Both beans are still alive. A is measuring 11w4d and had a heartrate of 164. Perfect. B was measuring 11w3d (great) and had a heartrate of 118. Muy, muy malo. My doc tried to tell me (and I've tried to tell myself) that it's within the range of normal (barely), but to have had such perfect heartrates all along and now have such a disparity is terrifying. I range between hope and excuses (if there was a problem, B wouldn't be growing so well, right?) to sadness and acceptance. I worry about a congential heart defect at this point. There's nothing to do, but wait and see. I'm worried to say the least. And, of course, the spotting is back. Luckily, my OB appointment is tomorrow at 2pm. Stand by to stand by.

Last edited by Xerxella; 07-01-2014 at 09:09 AM.
#296 of 935 Old 07-01-2014, 09:35 AM

Um... a second set of twins. It hasn't sunk in yet. Everyone is looking good. Baby A HB 123 and Baby B HB 129
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20140701_102322.jpg (189.9 KB, 17 views)

IVF #1 11 weeks

#297 of 935 Old 07-01-2014, 09:40 AM

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
@alivewithyou - that ultrasound picture is beautiful!
@Xerxella - Nothing but positive vibes your way. Remain optimistic until otherwise told.
@Autumnlaughing - a crib?! Girl its getting real!

AFM: I'm 15 weeks and this little bean of mine is fluttering away all day every day. I take that as a good sign but if he or she is as busy as his/her big brother, heaven help us! Hubby and I sat down this weekend came up with a list of everything we need to get done around the house before the baby gets here so we will be utilizing my youngest brother and one of my cousins before they go back to college to help with these moves. We have 30 days to knock some of this out so here's hoping we are productive. DS's birthday is next month so after we get through his birthday party, we will start bringing stuff into the house. Goodness we are going to have two kids!

Me (32) - DH (38) - DS (6) - Atlanta, GA
Expecting #2 in Dec 2014

I blog: allthingsandlife.blogspot.com
#298 of 935 Old 07-01-2014, 11:31 AM - Thread Starter

X - Good grief, you cannot catch a break! I'm glad both are measuring well and you have one good heartbeat. I really hope baby B was just having an off day or something. I'm glad you have another appointment tomorrow so you won't have long to stew. Do you know if the OB you're seeing has their own ultrasound equipment? I will keep the three of you in my prayers.

Kewpie - Woohoo! You and Boots can start a support group for letting twin news sink in. (See, look, you have company after all, Boots!) I'm glad for your good (if overwhelming) news. Now Maisie and Liam can each have their own personal sibling to play with. And hopefully this means you'll never need another fresh IVF cycle again. That's a happy thought, right? (How many snow babies do you have?)

AFM, due date is three months from today. (I accidentally typed three weeks at first - I wish!) I guess that means I'm in my third trimester. Somehow that seems more encouraging than "13 weeks from my due date".
Sourire and tracyamber like this.
#299 of 935 Old 07-01-2014, 11:41 AM

@kewpie80 - Woohoo!!!!!!

@NaturallyMo - Yeah for a fluttering bean!!!! 2 kids is fun. You'll be struck by the differences between them. (At least I am everyday....)

@monkeyscience - I don't know if they have their own u/s or not, but at least they'll have a doppler, so that should give us some info. And, they can refer me to a neonatal cardiologist if needed. I guess you can put me on the main list. Whatever happens now, I can't deny I'm pregnant anymore....

AFM - After spending the whole morning consulting Dr. Google, I feel a little better. Transient bradycardia appears to be a relatively normal phenomenom. As long as it's gone by the next time they check and there are no structural abnormalities, everything might be fine. But, that's a lot of if's. Is it tomorrow yet?

Last edited by Xerxella; 07-01-2014 at 11:50 AM.
#300 of 935 Old 07-01-2014, 01:19 PM

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
X - yay for one healthy baby and my fingers are crossed for the other one.

Kewpie - wow 2 sets of twins... You could almost have your own TV show lol. I personally have never been brave enough to transfer 2 embryos, I don't think I could handle even one set of twins!

Me (32), married to DH (35)

3 years of TTC #1, M/C @ 6wks in May 2013 angel1.gif
Mom to Liliana born May 8 2014 bfinfant.gif
mdcblog5.gif www.babythehardway.com

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page